Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good point away from home with the team that stated.
    Ref was on another planet at times.
    MIG played well
    Herrera is a right little pup of a player
    Rooney " is it written in the stars?" Proper laughed at that.

And Pogba......Even putting our away colour in his hair, some player that fella, how much again ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Agree 100%, he was MOTM for me, put in some shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Disappointing result, I will take solace that we reduced the most expensive side in the world to hoofing it forward, Pogba for 100m is like a poor version of Djimi Traore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ush wrote: »
    So that was the great in form Man Utd!

Gonna smash us apparently, SMASH US!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We can actually defend......I felt comfortable throughout watching the game funnily enough.

A decent point when you factor in who we were missing. A good away performance.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good point away from home with the team that stated.
    Ref was on another planet at times.
    MIG played well
    Herrera is a right little pup of a player
    Rooney " is it written in the stars?" Proper laughed at that.

And Pogba......Even putting our away colour in his hair, some player that fella, how much again ???

He always looks like he's on the verge pf crying, also looks a bit like a lesbian imo!

Herrera

vanessa_selbst_berlin.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

2 pts against Utd is a decent return given how much we were shafted by the officials in both games.

They can foul all game long but never get carded. We do whether it's a foul or not.
    They waste time or kick the ball after the whistle goes and nothings said. Wijnaldum does it and gets booked.
    Offside goal.
    Arguably 2 red cards not given. How Rooney didn't get any card at all is astonishing.
    Pretty much all the officials in both games were dog**** but mostly in favour of Utd.

On the day Utd had the clearer chances but bungled most of them. Both teams had good and bad spells but Liverpool really should've been able to score more.
    There was some really timid and indecisive play on our part in and around the box. Sometimes you can just shoot the ball.
    It's amazing to me how Wijnaldum managed to score 17 goals last season given how awful he's tended to look in front of goal for us.

Really missed Mané 2nd half. Would've had a field day if they'd given him that much space and if they didn't they wouldn't have been able to put nearly as much pressure on.

TAA is not ready but that's no criticism.
    Strong performances in midfield.
    If we got a result they would've been the biggest reason for it. Lovren was class as well.

I think Milner hasn't been great lately. In general I don't think he actually is a good LB. He's good when he's doing the things he'd be doing in left mid.
    Didn't have an awful game by any means and it was a great penalty but he feels more like he's shoehorned in there as a way to get him on the pitch rather than a legitimate LB option.
    I suppose it's not necessarily a bad thing.

ush wrote: »
    So that was the great in form Man Utd!

I still have goosebumps after watching the world class Darmian!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

On MIG, played very well but I cursed him at 93 min when he caught the ball and played it out quickly...Wtf was he thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lovely tribute to Graham Taylor from Utd there, playing the long ball game in his memory just like his old Watford side. Brought a tear to the eye, pure class.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Klavan, Lovren and Wynaldum were excellent. Origi is not up to it yet. Happy with the result given how bad the officials were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Considering we didnt have Coutinho, Mane, Matip, Clyne etc starting its a decent draw, nothing more nothing less.

I thought United were pretty damn poor tbh and there for the taking.

Well done to Alexander Arnold, not an easy place to be parachuted in for a start but looked composed for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Herrera may be my least favourite player, next to Funes Mori. Tries all game to have little nibbles at the opposition and then throws himself to the ground trying to get them sent off. If only he got a second yellow for simulation, holding his face as if he'd been punched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

ShamoBuc wrote: »

1.8 Andy Carrolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Next 10 games in league gives us 7 of them at home and an away game at Hull
    O it's on
    This is possible now, to go on a decent run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We were extremely poor today . The stats will say we had chances but we gave away the ball so cheaply and poorly we allowed Man U a foot hold in the game .

Forget about the title now it's battle to stay in the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Decent point, probably should've been 3 but our record against top teams is still class.

At least we can defend with an 18yr old RB and our first choice CB still not in the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Next 10 games in league gives us 7 of them at home and an away game at Hull
    O it's on
    This is possible now, to go on a decent run.

Not the way we are playing at the moment

1.8 Andy Carrolls.

2.5 actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

C2OrBgxUUAE4bJV.jpg

Seriously!! Fuck this shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

We were extremely poor today . The stats will say we had chances but we gave away the ball so cheaply and poorly we allowed Man U a foot hold in the game .

Glass half full or half empty guy I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wijnaldum really doesn't get the credit he deserves I think.

Mane gets all the hype and rightly so but Wijnaldum has been the signing of the summer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Origi doesn't seem to be improving as a player does he? Not sure if he's going to be a long term solution.

Form goes up and down, but our results have been alright. Get through the tough games and the last 10 games are all winnable. A draw at Old Trafford is a solid result for any team and our record against top sides is stellar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Carragher sounds like he was on the touch line for the game.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    We can actually defend......I felt comfortable throughout watching the game funnily enough.

A decent point when you factor in who we were missing. A good away performance.

We were comfortable alright but they only switched to lumping the ball into the box for the last 25 minutes. Given its their strongest way of playing we're lucky they didn't start off like that.

You are a man of extremes I'll give you that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We could do with 1-2 more players up front, couple of injuries and we look ordinary from an attacking point of view.
    Happy with our defending today though, Mig answered some critics, but need to see that on a consistent basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Origi doesn't seem to be improving as a player does he? Not sure if he's going to be a long term solution.

He can't hold up the ball at all very weak

1 defeat in 19 in league
    We are in great form
    Those two cup games are clouding your judgement a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liverpool have had 12 away games now to 9 at home and have been away to all the top 6 apart from City.

Think we're in a decent position to kick on in the 2nd half of the season. Especially once we get a few important players back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wijnaldum really doesn't get the credit he deserves I think.

Mane gets all the hype and rightly so but Wijnaldum has been the signing of the summer for me.

He was in with a shout for MOTM but his efforts on goal really soured things.

He was immense in midfield today. He's so composed I don't understand.
    I think he's a robot.

Doesn't matter how many players are around him he can always take the any kind of ball and pick out a pass, and usually a clever forward one at that.

I think Lallana can do it in a pinch as well, but against good midfields is a massive help against any amount of pressing they try.

The issues with control came when we were bypassing him and trying to get it up to Origi, who was really poor 2nd half.

Jose is reinventing the wheel with those intricate tactics!

2.5 actually

My mistake, I had 50m in my head for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gonna smash us apparently, SMASH US!

They didn't want the win anyway

He has to look at ball I guess
    By time he receives it he looks on.
    It's why video could be helping refs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I hate watching those games . Good set of results today.Hopefully Win next week the early game and sit back and wait for the rest of the top 6 to hopefully drop points.

Our next 8 league games are as follows:

Swansea
    Chelsea
    Hull
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Man City

Every second week against one of the top 5, very difficult set of fixtures to come.

Carra loosing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Swansea
    Chelsea
    Hull
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Man City

Every second week against one of the top 5, very difficult set of fixtures to come.

At least those games are at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

We reacted well to utd goal. In past seasons we would've crumbled that late in a game at OT.

Could've won it in the end. Happy with the point

Carra loosing it

Whats he saying/doing?

Start Coutinho and we win that game, he's such an asset to have back.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Whats he saying/doing?

Him and sourness arguing

Swansea
    Chelsea
    Hull
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Man City

5 at home
    1 at Hull
    And we play well against sides around us away, City game a joy.
    Leicester tough
    Nice games

My mistake, I had 50m in my head for some reason.

I'd say you lot wished he only cost 50 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

C2OrBgxUUAE4bJV.jpg

Linesman position is not exactly textbook

Swansea
    Chelsea
    Hull
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Man City

Given our record, I think there's 18 points or so there. Swansea, Hull, Leicester, Burnley are all must-wins, and I see at least 1 win from the top sides. City are still muck but nobody knows how they'll be in 7 games time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

We needed to make another change after Coutinho. The game was so stretched, we'd put in a massive effort; Sturridge could very much have been suited to that. Can gave the ball away quite a few times, don't think it was his finest 90 minutes.

Pogba was so unbelievably poor.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd say you lot wished he only cost 50 million.

United have money to burn and Pogba is one of the best CMs in the world so no it makes no difference to me what he cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement