Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's a bit worrying that they've just glossed over the offside, it's becoming so common it's not even news anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Who won man of the match on Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Considering Henderson and Coutinho were just back from injury, we were missing our best CB and only senior RB and also missing our best attacker this season its hard to be disappointed with the result. Some really good chances in the second half though, bury one of those and it would go down as a Klopp masterclass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We have to beat Swansea, and then Beat Chelsea at Anfield
    Gap is then 4 with many many games to go
    Hope everyone gets it ,that this is a GREAT chance for a title.
    City and Spurs face off too, both can't win

Not a bad point I guess with the players out.

Missing Mané badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We needed to make another change after Coutinho. The game was so stretched, we'd put in a massive effort; Sturridge could very much have been suited to that. Can gave the ball away quite a few times, don't think it was his finest 90 minutes.

Pogba was so unbelievably poor.

Thought Can did OK to be honest and I was a bit worried bout him beforehand. Lost the ball a couple of times but we needed his physical presence in there at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

United have money to burn and[ Pogba is one of the best CMs in the world so no it makes no difference to me what he cost.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Skys commentary is all utd centric. Really starting to despise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Had a peek in the United thread before the match to see what the 'mood' was. Mostly talking about goal difference and how many were needed to overtake City for 5th.
    Makes it sweet that we got a point but it's still a frustrating draw as it would probably have put us out of reach of them for Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool played very defensively according to Jose

Stats of Jose to mull over

Possession Man U - 55% Liverpool - 45%
    Shots Man U - 9 Liverpool - 13
    On target Man U - 3 Liverpool - 4
    Corners Man U - 5 Liverpool - 7
    Fouls Man U - 17 Liverpool - 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We can probably afford to drop about 6 more points this season and none can be against Chelsea.
    We need to go on incredible run.

We're more likely to drop out of the top 4 tbh.

Gbear wrote: »

There are not 4 teams better than us in the league.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Skys commentary is all utd centric. Really starting to despise it.

Tyler was practically begging Rooney to score. Dread to think the nonsense he had planned for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Could really do with another speedster option for the front 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

We can probably afford to drop about 6 more points this season and none can be against Chelsea.

Why? 12 away games played. Utd, Chelsea, arsenal, Everton and Spurs away done. Our remaining games, bar city away, are all winnable. Up the reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

United have money to burn and Pogba is one of the best CMs in the world so no it makes no difference to me what he cost.

Its like some United supporters who say these things do not watch football any more........everyones world class when they win or spend big money on players......he wasn't even one of the best CMs on the field today ffs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Ah come on now. We've now played all of our rivals for the title away from home except for City (losing none of them), and have Coutinho and Matip back to fitness. Yes we've a few weeks without Mane but he'll be back eventually.

Can't do much about winning the league if Chelsea keep winning all their games.

We're in good position though to finish as high as possible.

Think Gbear is just a little pessimistic after dropping points to a mid table team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jurgen poking at Utd and their long ball tactics.

Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mourinho's little rat faced assistant shítting himself when Klopp had a rant at them at the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know when was the last time we scored from a corner? Seems like ages to me. Some of Milners deliveries were pretty good today but its rare we are getting on the end of them

45 points from 21 games. Far superior GD than those outside top 4 currently also. Still favourites for top 4 IMO.

As for the title challenge, any other year we'd be right in the midst of one, unfortunately Chelsea have been excellent. We'll know at the end of the month whether we'll have a shot or not. Until then we just need to continue doing what we are doing. We are having a great season, although you wouldn't get that impression by reading some posts.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know when was the last time we scored from a corner? Seems like ages to me. Some of Milners deliveries were pretty good today but its rare we are getting on the end of them

Palace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sunderland

There are not 4 teams better than us in the league.

That remains to be seen.

Me may well have the best manager but we still have the 6th best squad.

We've got to where we are by playing pretty much to our full potential, unlike the likes of City and Utd who are underperforming.

If that switches around it won't take us long to lose too much ground to recover.

It's looking like we'll have 5/6 teams very close to 80 pts. We could play pretty well for the rest of the season and it might still not be good enough.

We have to be brilliant to even make the top 4 this season.
    We have been so far (at least up to December) and with players coming back from injury hopefully we can leave this relatively poor winter form behind (4 wins 3 draws 1 loss).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When is mane back. Worst case

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

darced wrote: »

Need to smash Swansea next and get the swagger back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Jurgen poking at Utd and their long ball tactics.

Love it.

Lovrrn getting im on the act as well...hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Lads don't be so pessimistic we beat an in-form team (6 wins in the league in a row) and have only lost twice this season. Yes it's frustrating when we didn't hold on, especially against them, but if we win our next game and beat Chelsea at the end of this month we could be only 4 points behind them. We could easily go on a run when all our players are back fit - and we buy a striker too (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Vicxas wrote: »
    When is mane back. Worst case

Longest possibility, Feb 5th, I think.

darced wrote: »

We have Chelsea and Spurs at home coming up soon but after that we have a very favourable set of fixtures on paper for the rest of the season.

Lot of the top 6 still have to play each other during that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Grayditch wrote: »
    Longest possibility, Feb 5th, I think.

He'll actually be back for the Cheslea game if Senegal get elminated at the group stage.

They play Tunisia in 20 mins if you want to cheer for Tunisia...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

retalivity wrote: »
    Lovrrn getting im on the act as well...hahahaha

He forgot Fellani's name.:D

"They've two big guys up front, Ibra and ..........Your man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

We are still overachieving. That's the reality of it.

I think most of us would have said last July that we'd expect a decent crack at top 4 and a decent run in the cups as a good season, a season where further progress was made.
    It's January, we sit 3rd in the league, we are still an outside bet for the title, we've beaten Arsenal, City, and Chelsea away to name a few, and the fact a lot of us are disappointed with a point away to united shows how much progress we have made in the last 12 months.

Klopp is doing a brilliant job, sometimes i need to remind myself i need to be more patient, the success will come.

I don't want to jinx him but Mignolet has on the whole been excellent since he came back in the team, I don't even blame him for that Walters goal that he got stick for, it was point blank range, maybe he has got a kick up the hole after being dropped and has upped his game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I asked myself the same and off the top of my head i can't really think of any.
    Lovrens name seems familiar couldnt tell you what game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I don't want to jinx him but Mignolet has on the whole been excellent since he came back in the team, I don't even blame him for that Walters goal that he got stick for, it was point blank range, maybe he has got a kick up the hole after being dropped and has upped his game!

No harm to have some decent competition for him. Klarius will be good after some more time. Mig did well recently and very well today. Some great stops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Disappointing result, I will take solace that we reduced the most expensive side in the world to hoofing it forward, Pogba for 100m is like a poor version of Djimi Traore.

You were the one saying yesterday we were gonna get smashed 2 or 3 nil and now you're whinging about a draw away to utd with key players missing.

You're a hard taskmaster.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    You were the one saying yesterday we were gonna get smashed 2 or 3 nil and now you're whinging about a draw away to utd with key players missing.

You're a hard taskmaster.

Whinging? wtf you talking about leave the sh1t out for a day will ye? I'm disappointed like everyone else that we didn't hang on and get a deserved win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't know who underrates our players more, United fans or Liverpool ones... talk that our squad is the 6th best is madness. I'd take it ahead of Spurs and Arsenal right now (tho i'd love a player or two from both of them obviously). They have just as big holes as we do when players get injured and we have a better manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The funny thing is they will still think not one of our players would get in their side.

No harm to have some decent competition for him. Klarius will be good after some more time. Mig did well recently and very well today. Some great stops.

And Karius did well in the cups too.

It's always a big hoo-ha when a keeper gets dropped but they're not a different species. They can have peaks and troughs in form like any other player.

Especially with the age he's at, Karius can be dropped and given time to find his feet.
    Ter Stegen was brought in as a cup keeper at Barca and slowly took over from whats his face at City.
    Thanks to Mignolet stepping into the breach our GK situation doesn't feel as hopeless as it did before.

We've got Ward to come back as well. Anyone know how he's getting on?
    Huddersfield are doing brilliantly in general but I can't say I've ever watched them.

Thought Can had a good game today. Origi less so but I think we may often forget how young they are.

Great potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness, anyone making conclusions on any player based on today would be a bit foolish I'd say. Nothing bar Liverpool's press and United's late game attacking really bore fruit like it normally would for both teams.

Liam O wrote: »
    In fairness, anyone making conclusions on any player based on today would be a bit foolish I'd say. Nothing bar Liverpool's press and United's late game attacking really bore fruit like it normally would for both teams.

Ya ..... Pogba was still crap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Ya ..... Pogba was still crap though.

He was. Whereas he has been fantastic for 2 months before today, same with Carrick. Just shows how impressive Liverpool's pressing was.

Any chance of Pogba getting done for violent conduct considering the ref didn't see the incident?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement