Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Goal ... Mane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Liam O wrote: »
    In fairness, anyone making conclusions on any player based on today would be a bit foolish I'd say. Nothing bar Liverpool's press and United's late game attacking really bore fruit like it normally would for both teams.

Well not really, in a game down on quality would you not expect the worlds most expensive player to show a bit of quality and stand out?

I've watched him a good few times this season, i think he's one of the best passers of the ball in the league but aside from that i don't see much else to his game. And by that i mean nothing that stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

It's on Eurosport 1 for anyone interested (Tunisia V Senegal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's not a good thing we want his Country to lose all there games and have him back early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

NukaCola wrote: »
    Reffing in the EPL is really starting to ruin games for me. So inconsistent.

Maybe you should try giving up the reffing then and just watch the games! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I don't know who underrates our players more, United fans or Liverpool ones... talk that our squad is the 6th best is madness. I'd take it ahead of Spurs and Arsenal right now (tho i'd love a player or two from both of them obviously). They have just as big holes as we do when players get injured and we have a better manager.

If you were to make a PL 18, team + bench, the only player who'd make it from Liverpool would be Coutinho and he'd be on the bench.

And whatever about the first 11s, I definitely think we're 5th in squad strength.

We can slag off Utd til the cows come home but their players are better than ours. They'd bloody well want to be after spending that much.
    That's certainly true of Chelsea as well, and arguably of Arsenal, although they've more quality concentrated into a smaller number of top quality players than us.
    Spurs have loads of depth.

City are arguably where they deserve to be. They've great attacking options but behind that their squad has, somehow, been allowed to turn to total garbage.

There's a lot of ways to skin a cat. What we're doing works (more or less), but this isn't one of the great Liverpool teams by any stretch.
    Or maybe it is, but it's the team that's great and not the players in it.
    Klopp will need time to get us to a state where we'll match the best of the likes of Benitez, Houllier and even Evans.

I've never been so confident that if we do that we'll win the league though.
    Klopp is doing the most with the least of any Liverpool manager for a very long time, cup runs notwithstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looking forward to getting Mane back in a few weeks. When we can finally get him, Coutinho and Firmino back playing together as the front three for the first time since mid November. Barring injuries. Think we're capable of going on a good run then.

He always looks like he's on the verge pf crying, also looks a bit like a lesbian imo!

Herrera

vanessa_selbst_berlin.JPG

**** I never noticed Herrera looks like Vanessa Selbst before. Brilliant! I must say it to her next time I see her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

mormank wrote: »
    **** I never noticed Herrera looks like Vanessa Selbst before. Brilliant! I must say it to her next time I see her. :D

How likely is she to come into your room when you're grinding a 5 dollar PLO tourney on stars?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Funny reading the Utd thread and how they're taking positives out of today.

They think we're crap but are positive to get the draw.

Ignore that Liverpool had key players missing.

Don't acknowledge their home advantage.

We don't have any good players but they're happy that their full team full of fantastic players couldn't beat them.

Some think they have stopped our title challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Accidently typed in Andrea Herrera in order to see what he looked like...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's not a good thing we want his Country to lose all there games and have him back early.

There is as much chance of them not qualifying from that group as there is of utd winning the league this season.

I don't want to jinx him but Mignolet has on the whole been excellent since he came back in the team, I don't even blame him for that Walters goal that he got stick for, it was point blank range, maybe he has got a kick up the hole after being dropped and has upped his game!

Well I imagine alot of the nerves are gone for him now. Last season he would have been worried about not being good enough and being replaced or dropped. Now he has been replaced so he has nothing to lose anymore, nothing to worry about essentially. Maybe ironically this is exactly what he needed, maybe it's just a flash in the pan, time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Gbear wrote: »
    If you were to make a PL 18, team + bench, the only player who'd make it from Liverpool would be Coutinho and he'd be on the bench.

And whatever about the first 11s, I definitely think we're 5th in squad strength.

We can slag off Utd til the cows come home but their players are better than ours. They'd bloody well want to be after spending that much.
    That's certainly true of Chelsea as well, and arguably of Arsenal, although they've more quality concentrated into a smaller number of top quality players than us.

City are arguably where they deserve to be. They've great attacking options but behind that their squad has, somehow, been allowed to turn to total garbage.

There's a lot of ways to skin a cat. What we're doing works (more or less), but this isn't one of the great Liverpool teams by any stretch.
    Klopp will need time to get us to a state where we'll match the best of the likes of Benitez, Houllier and even Evans.

Klopp is doing the most with the least of any Liverpool manager for a very long time, cup runs notwithstanding.

Don't agree with this at all. They have one striker, they don't have great depth out wide and they lack cover at CB. They are STACKED in midfield tho.

Wouldn't say Coutinho is the only one to get in a prem 18 either. I'd have Matip in there and would certainly want Mane on the bench too. Matip has prob been the outstanding cb in the league alongside Luiz this season.

How likely is she to come into your room when you're grinding a 5 dollar PLO tourney on stars?:D

I deal on the EPT tour. Dealt to her plenty of times and will again. My favourite player was the original Ronaldo tho. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If you told me at the start of the season that TAA, Lovren, Klavan and Milner would be the back four away to United I'd have called you a damn liar. Done well all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I deal on the EPT tour. Dealt to her plenty of times and will again. My favourite player was the original Ronaldo tho. :)

Oh right! That's pretty cool! Just don't tell her I said she looks like Ander Herrera! Still must be good craic to be dealing to these poker superstars and celebs alike, hopefully you don't get too much grief for dealing that 1 outer on the river!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We were shíte and we drew.

Utd deserved a point but still needed an offside goal and Rooney to get away with a terrible tackle to do it.

Playing that badly and not losing at OT? I've had worse days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gbear wrote: »

Our squad isn't great but I'd back our best starting eleven to beat any team in the league home or away. 10 home games left out of 17 I'll be shocked if we miss out on top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

C2OrBgxUUAE4bJV.jpg

Seriously!! Fuck this shite.
    Offside rule doesn't apply to United, did you not see the memo.
    If only there was a line or something on the field to help the linesman.... Oh wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thought that was a decent point in the circumstances - missing three nailed on starters Matip, Coutinho, Clyne and Hendo coming back from a knock, is not bad.

TAA grew into the game it'll have done him plenty of good - Can was certainly better as a midfield blocker, Coutinho looked decent as well in his 30 mins and finally Mig was excellent again - it seems to get the best of him you need to drop him on a regular basis!

Finally, the moment Mourinho threw on Fellaini I knew it was a moral victory regardless of the actual result! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

murpho999 wrote: »
    Funny reading the Utd thread and how they're taking positives out of today.

They think we're crap but are positive to get the draw.

Ignore that Liverpool had key players missing.

Don't acknowledge their home advantage.

We don't have any good players but they're happy that their full team full of fantastic players couldn't beat them.

Some think they have stopped our title challenge.

What's funny is both sets of fans should be relatively happy.

They're obviously progressing since early season, and we got a point despite missing key players, including one who only came off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Have to admire Jurgen commitment and trust in the squad but I'd love if he brought in couple signings before the window closes. New attacking addition would bring back the spark imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If only those chances that fell to a better finisher than Wijnaldum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

See Mane opened the scoring for Senegal who are 0-2 at HT

Always seems to get the ball stuck under his feet in the penalty area. Which is weird as he's very tidy in possession further out the field.

Oh right! That's pretty cool! Just don't tell her I said she looks like Ander Herrera! Still must be good craic to be dealing to these poker superstars and celebs alike, hopefully you don't get too much grief for dealing that 1 outer on the river!

Oh it's like going into a different world or something as the rich and super rich live very differently to us for the most part. Ronaldo was really sound tho I have to say, as was Pique. Neymar was always surrounded by about 12 body guards so hard to tell the one time he was there. John Carew was pretty cool and recently I dealt to Anthony Gardner who I didn't recognise till it was pointed out to me tbh. Oh and Teddy Sheringham is a gent in fairness, and a very decent poker player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i thought we played very well bar some lapses up front,tactics were great,stifled them and created chances,worked our bollixs off, thought we would get mullerd with the starting line up,always sad to loose a lead though.

#PogPen

what a farce that #pog everything is,mother of god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

i thought we played very well bar some lapses up front,tactics were great,stifled them and created chances,worked our bollixs off, thought we would get mullerd with the starting line up,always sad to loose a lead though.

#PogPen

what a farce that #pog everything is,mother of god.

#Pogshite

Like a gobshite but with added hairdye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'll tell you what - I'm fucking thrilled that this man is our manager. No shit taken. Mourinho moves in for the arm around bullshit moments after he's looked for our player to be sent off but Klopp isn't having it.
    https://twitter.com/LFCMostar/status/820692550268887040

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A victory over them at Wembley will be sweet.
    Need to put Southampton away at Anfield

If we had an actual striker today we would have won. Still miss Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    I'll tell you what - I'm fucking thrilled that this man is our manager. No shit taken. Mourinho moves in for the arm around bullshit moments after he's looked for our player to be sent off but Klopp isn't having it.
    https://twitter.com/LFCMostar/status/820692550268887040

My reaction was similar but I was on my own in my bedroom.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Have to admire Jurgen commitment and trust in the squad but I'd love if he brought in couple signings before the window closes. New attacking addition would bring back the spark imo

It could also turn out to ruin the understanding and momentum of attacks if they don't immediately gel, which is often the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Our squad isn't great but I'd back our best starting eleven to beat any team in the league home or away. 10 home games left out of 17 I'll be shocked if we miss out on top 4.

So would I, on both points.

We're much more than the sum of our parts and while we rely on playing well to get results (lack of individual brilliance and a weak defence) we are actually playing well most of the time.

I'd have a slight worry now, after looking flat and one-paced for a few games in a row, but with Coutinho back in up front and a better base to build off, with Hendo and Matip keeping things moving up the pitch, I'd hope we can go and make an example of Swansea and get back to business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

I would commment on "our friend" Mourinho but it never ends well when I do. Doesn't matter what team he is in charge of, he is still the same person and Utd fans will probably never understand that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

He needs to just put his foot through the ball every attempt is as weak

as expected MOTD cutting out the Rooney stamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mo Td
    Baby c1
    Now

Only starting here now. 10.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is there something to say that Milner might be consistently the best English player over the last decade the guys has played at the highest level in so many positions and been a success in all of them from anywhere across the midfield also as a striker for City as a LB for Liverpool he has also played RB and CB at times I think the only position he hasn't played is in goal as a professional.

• Advertisement

Phil Neville saying the ref was outstanding lol

In the 8 years Gerrard played in the pl over the last decade he surpasses milner IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Phil Neville saying the ref was outstanding lol

Unbelievable, did I miss it or did he even mention in 'analysis' the offside in the lead up the equalizer?

Is there something to say that Milner might be consistently the best English player over the last decade the guys has played at the highest level in so many positions and been a success in all of them from anywhere across the midfield also as a striker for City as a LB for Liverpool he has also played RB and CB at times I think the only position he hasn't played is in goal as a professional.

He is a class act. My favourite current player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Have to say congrats for Trent Alexander-Arnold today. Wasn't a perfect performance, made a few mistakes but he did a good job and looks like he has plenty of potential. It's not easy making your premier league debut at 18 in a hostile environment like Old Trafford marking a £50million french international for the day. The whole team also seemed to chip in and help him. He was never left isolated. Henderson and Lovern seemed to really help him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Motd not highlighting pogba swinging off a player and Rooney stamping is a bit rich, not to mind the offside.

• Advertisement

I rarely go in to the Utd thread, but good lord, delusional is much too kind for some of them.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Motd not highlighting pogba swinging off a player and Rooney stamping is a bit rich, not to mind the offside.

3 pretty standard pieces of play to include in highlights, be it for or against us.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Have to say congrats for Trent Alexander-Arnold today. Wasn't a perfect performance, made a few mistakes but he did a good job and looks like he has plenty of potential. It's not easy making your premier league debut at 18 in a hostile environment like Old Trafford marking a £50million french international for the day. The whole team also seemed to chip in and help him. He was never left isolated. Henderson and Lovern seemed to really help him.

Did really well. Long may it continue

doc_17 wrote: »
    I rarely go in to the Utd thread, but good lord, delusional is much too kind for some of them.

It's a bit mad alright.

doc_17 wrote: »

In my experience Utd fans in real life aren't anything like a lot of the ones that post on boards. Pretty much every player that puts on a utd shirt is either world class or the best in the league in their position its comical. I think its down to them being so good for 20 years they just cant accept the way things are now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement