Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Im assuming the Plymouth game is not going to be on TV anywhere?

Ninja edit: Its on BT2

Talisman wrote: »
    ............. 15 league points were dropped betweenwhen we qualified from the group stage and mid-February when the competition resumed..................

What are we looking at so far in the same time period?
    6 pts dropped from 21 and 4 games to go I make it. Much improved over the winter period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Things are so tight, we could do with smashing Swansea by 5 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Knowing our luck Swansea will have a renaissance at Anfield.....

In other news delighted Couthinho is back, Firmino looked a changed man when he came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

2015/16

Played 21
    Postion 9
    Won 8
    Drawn 7
    Lost 6
    Clean Sheets 7
    Failed to score 6
    Goals for 25
    Goals against 27
    G/D -2
    Points 31
    PPG 1.48

2016/17

Games 21
    Position 3
    Wins 13
    Draws 6
    Loses 2
    Clean sheets 6
    Failed to score 3
    Goals For 49
    Goals Against 24
    GD +25
    Points 45
    PPG 2.14

Monthly stats for this season

Aug W-L-D GF 5 GA 6 PPG 1.33
    Sept W-W-W GF 11 GA 3 PPG 3
    Oct W-D-W-W GF 8 GA 5 PPG 2.25
    Nov W-D-W GF 8 GA 1 PPG 2.33
    Dec L-D-W-W-W-W GF 14 GA 7 PPG 2.17
    Jan D-D GF 3 GA 3 PPG 1.00

A couple of wins to end January would be nice needed to settle us all down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Heads falling off over on the United thread today. I would have thought that both sides would have been relatively happy coming away with a point yesterday. Maybe Liverpool a bit more so as they were away from home with an under strength side. Ultimately I think both sides will be happy just to move on from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think after yesterday it's sunk in that they won't win the league. I hope they don't tone down the comedy though.

It's also hilarious to see the 'I just want a proper discussion' characters dropping the act in their natural habitat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think after yesterday it's sunk in that they won't win the league. I hope they don't tone down the comedy though.

It's also hilarious to see the 'I just want a proper discussion' characters dropping the act in their natural habitat.

All your posts are about United lately and what some of our fans on boards think, say, post etc. Would it be fair to say you're just as bad constantly talking about them and pointing this out?

Fair play yesterday to Liverpool. They nullified our play and took Carrick out of the game brilliantly. Great peno from Milner and 3 great saves from Mig. Should do his confidence world of good. United had great chances first half but it would have been unfair if they had won it.

Valencia offside originally but their was another cross, header, ball off the post, another cross and header afterwards so technically a different move :)

Rooney was naughty. Pogba was V poor. Pressing unreal by pool.

Mikitaryian should have finished his chance so should have Wimjelium (sorry spelling).

Draw was fair. The shíte talk here on this site sometimes wasn't.

• Heads falling off over on the United thread today. I would have thought that both sides would have been relatively happy coming away with a point yesterday. Maybe Liverpool a bit more so as they were away from home with an under strength side. Ultimately I think both sides will be happy just to move on from the game.

Disappointed with the result yes. We needed a win. I think that's fair enough for us to expect that. Actually think it's easily a better result for Liverpool. We are a good few points behind you when we could have made it 2 i think.
    So yes ultimately Utd fans will be more disappointed with the result.
    Surely not that hard to understand?

I forgot about Wijnaldum's first chance. The free header when he came on a late run into the box. Given that he scored arguably an even more difficult header against City recently I was expecting him to bury it but I think he may have taken his eye of the ball as he thought he might get clattered by a back pedaling Phil Jones (think it was him anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Thats what B Rod thought when we played Crystal Palace away, a couple of years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Don't get this Craic of posting in another teams thread, I wouldn't post over there in a fit, What's the point bar looking for an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

garra wrote: »
    Thats what B Rod thought when we played Crystal Palace away, a couple of years ago..

Ah heyor! How the fook did you get there from that post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

For the slagging i am getting on the Utd thread by a certain user I will leave this here for you to read as i know you follow my posts about :pac:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-were-robbed-victory-blundering-9631500

That's former Manchester United referee, Howard Webb, as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If we can't get the perfect young wide attacker we seem to be after, I'd love a Maxi Rodriguez type signing. Cheapish, ideally ready to perform and signed pretty much for 2 solid years with anything else a bonus.

Even if its just worth 3pts it could be the difference between qualifying automatically for Cl or not. It might even give us areal chance at the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nalz wrote: »
    All your posts are about United lately and what some of our fans on boards think, say, post etc. Would it be fair to say you're just as bad constantly talking about them and pointing this out?

Fair play yesterday to Liverpool. They nullified our play and took Carrick out of the game brilliantly. Great peno from Milner and 3 great saves from Mig. Should do his confidence world of good. United had great chances first half but it would have been unfair if they had won it.

Valencia offside originally but their was another cross, header, ball off the post, another cross and header afterwards so technically a different move :)

Rooney was naughty. Pogba was V poor. Pressing unreal by pool.

Mikitaryian should have finished his chance so should have Wimjelium (sorry spelling).

Draw was fair. The shíte talk here on this site sometimes wasn't.

He only made two saves. United had three shots on target and one was a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Don't get this Craic of posting in another teams thread, I wouldn't post over there in a fit, What's the point bar looking for an argument.

The only time I ever did was to congratulate Arsenal on winning the F.A cup when in fact they had only won the semi final. I was in the midst of the worst hangover and tuned in late and thought it was the final. They didn't take too kindly to the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You're just asking for trouble posting in another thread.

I just realised that in most games Klopp plays a No 10 as an 8 (Lallana), No 10 as an 11 (Coutinho) and a No 10 as a false 9 (Firmino) but doesn't play a 10 position at all.

Ah heyor! How the fook did you get there from that post!

It always happens when teams start to ponder by HOW MUCH they will win by, that they end up drawing or worse, and usually would have fared better by paying due respect to the opponent. I don't think it will be an issue for a Klopp team but lets not be complacent.. England v Iceland another good example.

• Advertisement

I forgot about Wijnaldum's first chance. The free header when he came on a late run into the box. Given that he scored arguably an even more difficult header against City recently I was expecting him to bury it but I think he may have taken his eye of the ball as he thought he might get clattered by a back pedaling Phil Jones (think it was him anyway).

He had the winnings of the game on both occasions. I'm surprised he is as tentative with his chances as he chipped in handily enough for Newcastle last year. It would have been such a beautiful moment for him to have scored from the chance created by pressing in extra time..Ugghhhhh want to forget that crap effort of a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augeo wrote: »
    What are we looking at so far in the same time period?
    6 pts dropped from 21 and 4 games to go I make it. Much improved over the winter period.
    We have 4 games to improve on the points accumulated during the middle third of last season. Unless the wheels come off and we lose the next 4 fixtures we're looking good.
    2015/16 : Games 14-25
     P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	Pts
    12	4	3	5	15	21	-6	15

2016/17 : Games 14-21
     P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	Pts
     8	4	3	1	17	10	+7	15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Some people can go to a thread and not wind up it happens all the time. Emmetkenny has been in the united thread frequently for past couple of weeks and I actually didn't realise how good a poster he was but he has been great. Agueo was in too and he been grand and I'm sure they are others.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of messing either its all a bit of a laugh it just ruins it all when it gets pathetic but that happens on both sides and its foolish to think it dont I been guilty of it myself in past get Carried away the odd time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

garra wrote: »

Seeing as you mention B-Rod, something I saw recently because of the Chelsea 13 wins in a row streak. The list of other long winning streaks by teams and sure enough our best one in the Pl era came under the stewardship of B-rod, 11 game winning streak in 13-14, he is much maligned but that was superb! Wouldn't it be nice if we won 12 on the spin starting from Swansea, it might take us towards the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gbear wrote: »
    If we can't get the perfect young wide attacker we seem to be after, I'd love a Maxi Rodriguez type signing. Cheapish, ideally ready to perform and signed pretty much for 2 solid years with anything else a bonus.

Even if its just worth 3pts it could be the difference between qualifying automatically for Cl or not. It might even give us areal chance at the league.

What sort of players fit that bill these days? I agree someone like that would help.

Would someone like Xabi Alonso be realistic? Or Nuri Sahin? Someone like that who can take the pressure off in midfield and give extra protection to the back 4 with the bonus of having previously played for us. As much as I love Lucas I just don't think he's the right fit in the centre of the park and we're an injury or 2 away from having to rely on him playing there down the stretch. Happy for him to stay on as a 4th CB option but I reckon another body at CM with experience would be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Seeing as you mention B-Rod, something I saw recently because of the Chelsea 13 wins in a row streak. The list of other long winning streaks by teams and sure enough our best one in the Pl era came under the stewardship of B-rod, 11 game winning streak in 13-14, he is much maligned but that was superb! Wouldn't it be nice if we won 12 on the spin starting from Swansea, it might take us towards the title!

I think at this stage we might need a run like that to actually win the title. Having said that we will know an awful lot more after the next 4 fixtures. For me after the Hull game chelsea enter their last really testing period of games till April imo. They face Arsenal at home, us at Anfield and they go to Burnley which has proven a very tough fixture for every team to go there. If they win the next 4 you can put their name on the title right then if you ask me, till then I'm holding out hope for a title tilt however delusional that might sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the only change I'd make to the team for the replay against Plymouth is I'd start Daniel instead of Woodburn.

Give Coutinho and Matip run outs in the second have no matter what the score to give them some game time.

Sakho to Leicester City for 18m is doing the rounds, just went on the main Foxes message board but they have no greater insight than the rest of us.

Matip could be withheld from Liverpool for the duration of the AfCoN according to the Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matip-could-miss-liverpools-next-12462978

mormank wrote: »
    I think at this stage we might need a run like that to actually win the title. Having said that we will know an awful lot more after the next 4 fixtures. For me after the Hull game chelsea enter their last really testing period of games till April imo. They face Arsenal at home, us at Anfield and they go to Burnley which has proven a very tough fixture for every team to go there. If they win the next 4 you can put their name on the title right then if you ask me, till then I'm holding out hope for a title tilt however delusional that might sound.

I have not given up hope either, I dont care how many fans of other teams are waiting to pounce with their "delusional" taunts, we are most definitely still in the race its only January ffs, anything could happen yet!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I will take all you've got of that..

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/821003466390851584
    Had a reply from FIFA to say that Matip's eligibility for #LFC is being investigated by their disciplinary committee. No time frame given.

See above! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jayo26 wrote: »
    Some people can go to a thread and not wind up it happens all the time. Emmetkenny has been in the united thread frequently for past couple of weeks and I actually didn't realise how good a poster he was but he has been great. Agueo was in too and he been grand and I'm sure they are others.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of messing either its all a bit of a laugh it just ruins it all when it gets pathetic but that happens on both sides and its foolish to think it dont I been guilty of it myself in past get Carried away the odd time :)

Awh shucks :pac:

Seems absolutely crazy. The player himself retired from international football well over a year ago but the Cameroon coach called him up anyway purely out of spite it seems.

Not just him they called up 6 players across Europe who fell out with the coaching staff and refused the International call up West Brom are in the same vote with Nyom who went to the squad call up but wasn't picked for the tournament and still hasn't been cleared to play.

paul joyce
    @_pauljoyce

Liverpool considering playing Matip at Plymouth and risking any fall out from Fifa.
    5:00 PM - 16 Jan 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking at their goal again its very unfortunate that when it came off the post it landed right at Valencias feet. Some finish by zlatan to be fair.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sneaky way of opting out of the FA Cup without actually throwing the game.

Looking at their goal again its very unfortunate that when it came off the post it landed right at Valencias feet. Some finish by zlatan to be fair.

Thought Zlatan could have been closed down a bit quicker. As soon as the ball went to Valencia you knew straight away he was going to try and pick out Zlatan but nobody really moved to get close to him.

v Man Utd U23 side at Anfield :)

George; Whelan, N Phillips, Brewitt, Hart; J Williams; Lennon, Virtue, Alves, M Gomes; Dunn

Kelleher, K Lewis, Brimmer, T Gomes

This is on Man Utd tv and maybe LFC TV - no Harry Wilson and obviously the FA Cup squad are being rested.

Some terrible decision making ruining decent possession - Gomes and Alves in particular have played the wrong ball every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Grayditch wrote: »
    The only time I ever did was to congratulate Arsenal on winning the F.A cup when in fact they had only won the semi final. I was in the midst of the worst hangover and tuned in late and thought it was the final. They didn't take too kindly to the post.
    Dat U Turty?:D
    Thought Zlatan could have been closed down a bit quicker. As soon as the ball went to Valencia you knew straight away he was going to try and pick out Zlatan but nobody really moved to get close to him.
    Yeah, I was disappointed with Milners reaction to that, he stayed hugging the post instead of rushing out to close down the ball.

Hindsight is 20/20, though.

It's a great feeling to be disappointed with a draw away in OT with a much weakened team:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The difference with the Count on the pitch on Sunday was immediate and so very very obvious.
    His ability to take the ball and turn and face the goal , his comfort on the ball even under pressure and his ability to see a pass.
    He does all of these significantly better than anybody else in the squad and if we can keep him fit for the run in anything is possible .

This.

Are there many other long ball teams we have to face this season? Hull?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

RoboKlopp wrote: »

There's only 2 ways a top side can beat Liverpool when they're in 'pack hunting' mode.
    You either pass and move like vintage Barca and exploit the inevitable holes at the back or....you go long.
    Pogba's chance was an example of the former and The goal came from the latter.

Klopp was a little bitchy to moan about it.It's not like he sent his team out to play beautiful carpet football.He sent them out to play like ten terriers and feed off the mistakes and it nearly worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

The Utd lads at work were seriously upset about Klopp's comments, he got right under their skin. One of them pulled up an article with a long ball league table.

It was a pretty enjoyable Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Yeah you might have to park the bus against them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »

Sneaky way of opting out of the FA Cup without actually throwing the game.

Think it makes sense because you can't be docked points in a cup comp. Less risk to see if there's fall out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Umaro wrote: »
    The Utd lads at work were seriously upset about Klopp's comments, he got right under their skin. One of them pulled up an article with a long ball league table.

I think you work with Zenks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah you might have to park the bus against them too.
    Nobody in their right mind would support a team playing 6-3-1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

United fans are deluded I read on RedCafe that Pogba's handball wasn't a handball and that the ref got that wrong and didnt give him a yellow because he knew he was wrong? What the f*ck? :o

Umaro wrote: »

It's bizzare.

There's lads on twitter and facebook (both good sources tbf!) even showing photographs (yes really) of Liverpool with the majority of the players behind the ball. When you start using still images to make a point :pac:

Also, Utd fans at work were talking about long passes. Long ball has been eradicated from the conversation.

Bantz :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement