Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Karius was impressive when called upon today. Spectator for the most part but brave in the two instances Sunderland managed to get in on goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/802567721237901312
    The Fortress of Anfield! 3 points and a clean sheet today against a defensive Sunderland. #lfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only 3 goals conceded from open play in out last 10 according to Twitter.

Also Chelsea losing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Also Chelsea losing :D

Spurs win or a draw would be great there.

I'm still wondering WTF happened in the Swansea Palace game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Spurs win or a draw would be great there.

I'm still wondering WTF happened in the Swansea Palace game

Swansea won 5-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I really want Chelsea to win - defeat for Spurs would open up a bit of a gap between the top 4 and the rest. No reason to give the upper mid sides any hope!

Sick I didn't take Spurs at 18/1 on betfair last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Spurs are bottlers though. No way will they win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Karius was impressive when called upon today. Spectator for the most part but brave in the two instances Sunderland managed to get in on goal.

I was thinking earlier that Lovren and Matip have been so impressive in the past while that we still have no idea exactly how good or otherwise Karius is.
    We dominate the ball so much that he isn't called into action all that much. Looks to have developed the nerve to come and collect a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Aside from a draw, I don't know what result I want in the Chelsea - Spurs game. I don't want either team to win. City are playing Chelsea next weekend too which can only generally be good for us.

There's a very good reason why Spurs were 18/1.

Klopp.
    This was the most defensive team I ever saw in my life.

Not even the most defensive team we've faced in the past 8 days

Klopp. This was the most defensive team I ever saw in my life

Big statement considering we already played Man Utd.

Not even the most defensive team we've faced in the past 8 days

To be fair Soton didn't intend to spend the game in their own third, that was down to Liverpool.

• Advertisement

To be fair Soton didn't intend to spend the game in their own third, that was down to Liverpool.

Yeah but Southampton are also a much better team than Sunderland. I thought Sunderland did all they could today, gave themselves some decent chances too.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Swansea won 5-4

You must have got that from a more reliable source than your "Lucas is leaving" story last night! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Klopp on the injuries:
    Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Liverpool are waiting to discover the extent of the ankle injury Philippe Coutinho sustained during Saturday’s 2-0 victory over Sunderland.

The Brazil forward was stretchered from the field with just 34 minutes of the contest played after going down following a challenge with Didier Ndong.

Klopp admitted in his post-match press conference the Reds do not yet know how serious the issue is, with Coutinho set to undergo a scan on the problem.

The manager said: “We have to wait for the scan. What we know in this moment is it is something with the ankle and that’s it, so we all have to wait.

“He had pain, but pain gets better. In the first moment, it was obviously very painful but when I saw him at half-time, he said the pain was much better. We have to wait.

“If I have no idea what it is, how can I imagine how long it will be [out]? I am actually quite an optimistic guy – so I hope he can train tomorrow!”

Meanwhile, Klopp confirmed Roberto Firmino also sustained a knock which led to his late substitution, adding: “He is much better than Phil, but has pain in the calf.”

A calf problem was also the reason Liverpool were without Daniel Sturridge for the Anfield encounter, with the striker reporting tightness in the muscle.

Klopp explained: “He had a tight calf. He hasn’t trained for two days and I have no idea when he is back. It is not sure that he can train tomorrow, so he was out because of this injury.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

niallo27 wrote: »
    11 points ahead of utd already. 11 points.
    3 points closer to safety...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You must have got that from a more reliable source than your "Lucas is leaving" story last night! ;)

Brothers friend told me. He has a box at Anfield and has always been spot on with info in the past. I hope he is wrong, would prefer lucas to stay for another year, but time will tell.

• Advertisement

Brothers friend told me. He has a box at Anfield and has always been spot on with info in the past. I hope he is wrong, would prefer lucas to stay for another year, but time will tell.

Ah I was just kidding fella. Sorry if that came across wrong.

I actually think he'll move in Summer myself as well tbh.

5starpool wrote: »
    Aside from a draw, I don't know what result I want in the Chelsea - Spurs game. I don't want either team to win. City are playing Chelsea next weekend too which can only generally be good for us.

Draw or Spurs win would be fine imo. Don't want Chelsea building up a head of steam.
    It's 1-1 now apparently. Sure that would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

His contract is up at the end of the season. It'd be a surprise if he did stay at this point as he definitely has something to offer a team, and still only 29 too. Been great to have him at the club for these 10 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

3 points closer to safety...

shove that only 10 points from the magic 40 and it is still only November :)

Still on target for 87 points.

I mean delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Bloody delighted Klopp got on the fans back today. Wish stewards would confiscate any cameras when the game is on too.

Well fought win today. Defence looked pretty sharp again

Well, a Chelsea win isn't the best but we're 6 points off 5th place which is nice, any result in the Chelsea City game next week is bonus as long as we get the 3 points.

Since the Burnley loss in August

WDWWWWWDWWWWDW

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Wish roof top snipers would terminate with extreme prejudice any cameras when the game is on too.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WDWWWWWDWWWWDW

What's that? Arabic?

WDWWWWWDWWWWDW

Nearly a palindrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just got to keep grinding those wins out when we don't blow teams away. Nice little gap to 5th so eyes only what's above!

Fingers crossed on the injuries and I wouldn't mind another attacking player in January tbh. You can never have too many options when it comes to goalscorers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Once again i was very impressed with matip although his passing was a bit slack today. Lovren also played very well alongside him.

A great win and the relief was unreal.

Back to back clean sheets :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

WDWWWWWDWWWWDW

should never have sacked Hodgson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

All very thankful around here tonight, hopefully it will continue, couldn't watch the game but great to see the team grind out a win when in an injury crisis ,vital to get lallana back quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs will have one win in over a month of league football, and one win in 10 in all competitions.

We on other hand have won 11 of last 14 in all competitions , losing 0 with 3 draws ,where we conceded 1 goal in those 3 draws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Nearly a palindrome.

I had to google palindrome!! Never knew there was a word for that

I had to google palindrome!! Never knew there was a word for that

There's words for everything, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Spurs will have one win in over a month of league football, and one win in 10 in all competitions.

And that 1 win was one of the jammiest smash and grabs you are likely to see.
    They have really fallen over since they beat City. Long may it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Takes one thing to lead a team, but to lead over 50,000 and have such an effect on them is a really special quality for a manager. The players are so lucky to be around that amount of positive energy every day.

A great stat there on MoTD...Milner has scored against Sunderland for five different teams.

• Advertisement

Must have been a strange feeling for Gerrard in stands today, so many changes to stadium , team and manager. It must have felt like he had been away for 10 years.

Danny Murphy! What game was he watching?

There are two chances of this happening - and one of them is fat chance

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-braced-jurgen-klopp-battle-9340830?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

They missed this on tv earlier. Wtf was he at?

https://twitter.com/Bischoff6eren/status/802541952889655296

EDIT:Just saw it in the match thread. Someone could have told me. You guys are the WORST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nearly a palindrome.

Looks like we're gunning for the Fifa word play award as well as he league this year, an interesting double buy if prefer to go for the treble word score.
    mosstin wrote: »
    There's words for everything, eh?

Except for over dinner with the wife of 20 years.

Origi showing today that he is indeed an average player. Average in this instance meaning one of the best young strikers in Europe, who's likely to have a great career ahead of himself and is also more than capable of being a good player right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lol.

Klopp calls Sunderland the most defensive team he'd ever seen. Utd disciple Phil Neville hops on it and calls him disrespectful, citing Watford playing 'expansively' against us and getting hammered.

1. Sunderland are defensive. It's not actually insulting.
    2. Watford played expensively? Really?
    3. It's hilarious seeing even Utd's reps in the media butthurt by us merely having a good start to the season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement