Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

Shanee. wrote: »
    United fans are deluded I read on RedCafe that Pogba's handball wasn't a handball and that the ref got that wrong and didnt give him a yellow because he knew he was wrong? What the f*ck? :o

Sane Utd fans don't go near that tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's bizzare.

There's lads on twitter and facebook (both good sources tbf!) even showing photographs (yes really) of Liverpool with the majority of the players behind the ball. When you start using still images to make a point :pac:

Also, Utd fans at work were talking about long passes. Long ball has been eradicated from the conversation.

Bantz :D

Vertical attack. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Clearly not. Some funny **** being smoked by posters over there?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd say red cafe fans say that about the boards thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Umaro wrote: »
    The Utd lads at work were seriously upset about Klopp's comments, he got right under their skin. One of them pulled up an article with a long ball league table.

It was a pretty enjoyable Monday.

As a United fan I felt sorry for Klopp, he gets so worked up, hardly good for his blood pressure or his health. I am being serious as it can't be good.
    Who cares if Liverpool has played more long balls this season than United.
    If long ball works, play long ball.
    If playing park the bus works for a particular game, park the bus and counter attack.
    If playing a high line against a weak opponent who don't pose a big threat, then play that.
    A good manager will vary his tactics, Klopp does, Jose does, so much rubbish about long balls, when the fact is long balls is a good tactic against the right team when the aim is to win.

Klopp got worked up, the same way Jose did two seasons ago when he complained about the tactics of the other team.
    I don't care who the manager is or what team it is, when a manager or people complain about the tactics of the other team, then it is deflection that one's own tactics were not exactly very effective.
    Both Jose and Klopp have been guilty of this at various times in their managerial careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RobertKK wrote: »
    As a United fan I felt sorry for Klopp, he gets so worked up, hardly good for his blood pressure or his health. I am being serious as it can't be good.
    If playing park the bus works for a particular game, park the bus and counter attack.
    If playing a high line against a weak opponent who don't pose a big threat, then play that.
    A good manager will vary his tactics, Klopp does, Jose does, so much rubbish about long balls, when the fact is long balls is a good tactic against he right team when the aim is to win.

Klopp got worked up, the same way Jose did two seasons ago when he complained about the tactics of the other team.
    I don't care who the manager is or what team it is, when a manager or people complain about the tactics of the other team, then it is deflection that one's own tactics were not exactly very effective.
    Both Jose and Klopp have been guilty of this at various times in their managerial careers.
    I wouldn't compare Klopp & Mourinho.
    2 completely different managers & personalities. Deep down many Man Utd fans would swap Mourinho for Klopp. I doubt one Liverpool fan would swap Klopp for Mourinho unless they were from Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    2 completely different managers & personalities. Deep down many Man Utd fans would swap Mourinho for Klopp. I doubt one Liverpool fan would swap Klopp for Mourinho unless they were from Portugal.

When a hand is offered it's best to shake it rather than your thumb your nose!

Two very successful managers.
    Jose did prove he is calmer than Klopp yesterday, Klopp seems more emotional from highs to anger.
    A lot of United fans wanted Jose instead of Moyes. There were some who were concerned that Jose would play negative tactics, but the reality is and this next comment can also apply to Liverpool in terms of play, Jose has United playing nice football, people no longer fall asleep like with Van Gaal's borefest.
    Both teams who played yesterday have top managers and both teams play attacking football.
    There are not many complaints from either set of fans over the respective managers, apart from slagging the manager of the other team when the reality is they are two successful managers.

A good manager will vary his tactics, Klopp does, Jose does, so much rubbish about long balls, when the fact is long balls is a good tactic against the right team when the aim is to win.

Watch the interview, he's laughing and joking. He's hardly having a meltdown!

The guys I'd worry about are the grown men getting worked up about a manager of a team in another country saying your team plays long balls.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd say red cafe fans say that about the boards thread. :pac:

:pac::pac:

Watch the interview, he's laughing and joking. He's hardly having a meltdown!

The guys I'd worry about are the grown men getting worked up about a manager of a team in another country saying your team plays long balls.

More so on the sidelines, where he was a bit OTT yesterday when Herrera wanted a Liverpool shirt as a souvenir.

As I said I don't care who play long balls, both Jose and Klopp use that tactic, they can vary their tactics to try and win.
    Look at City yesterday, they seemed to change nothing, no adaption to a game where their tactics were not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

More so on the sidelines, where he was a bit OTT yesterday when Herrera wanted a Liverpool shirt as a souvenir.

As I said I don't care who play long balls, both Jose and Klopp use that tactic, they can vary their tactics to try and win.
    Look at City yesterday, they seemed to change nothing, no adaption to a game where their tactics were not working.

Just reading the last 2 pages i think you are confusing passion with losing the run of yourself. Klopp like all managers has his team playing in his image - his image is one of Rock and Roll ... you cannot be calm through that. These guys are winners - it's a winning mentallity and therefore you will see these guys wear their heart on their sleeves - that particular incident with the shift grab - was something like the GAA scenario where a player gets dragged down when in on goal - would i like a Liverpool player to do it if we got caught out - YES 100% - but it was disgraceful at the time cos it looked like a promising break.

That said ... he mentioned in his interview he got worked up cos he was worried Firminio was gona suffer repercussions because of his actions when he was the one wronged.

In any case - i wouldn't go worrying about Klopps health - he is always like this - and we wouldn't change him. Passion is infectious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Please, make it stop !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

While kind of other fans to worry about Klopps health for going ballistic at Jose dirty tactics and spoiling the game, I mean all Herrera had to do was ask Bobby for his shirt I am sure he may have given it to him after the game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Shanee. wrote: »
    United fans are deluded I read on RedCafe that Pogba's handball wasn't a handball and that the ref got that wrong and didnt give him a yellow because he knew he was wrong? What the f*ck? :o

Liverpool fans are deluded I met one today and he thinks his mother is Jesus Christ and his Uncle built a time machine out of orange peels and radox shower gel which Jan Molby kisses every Thursday. What the f*ck? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nalz wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are deluded I met one today and he thinks his mother is Jesus Christ and his Uncle built a time machine out of orange peels and radox shower gel which Jan Molby kisses every Thursday. What the f*ck? :o

That's crazy Bill, he cleans the windows on Mondays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As Klopp has said many times himself, for 90 minutes he becomes a different person, a total emotional nutbar, but for the rest of his life, he's a pretty relaxed, pragmatic, calm guy.

Always seems like a guy with very clear priorities in life, and a full understanding of football's place in the grand scheme of things (not very high). For 9900 minutes a week, he sticks to that viewpoint, and then readjusts for 90 to 180 minutes a week to a mindset of football being all that matters.

Easily seen particularly in his view of his and others behavior after the fact - he's quick to apologize or downplay any aggression he displays towards others during a match, and quick to accept others behavior as being spur of the moment passion.

If we could all get away with that ratio of stress to calm, we'd be in pretty good shape I reckon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

More so on the sidelines, where he was a bit OTT yesterday when Herrera wanted a Liverpool shirt as a souvenir

That's actually the most angry I've seen Klopp.

But I'd guess most of the anger came from the fact Herrera went down clutching his face after been pushed in the chest.

I hate seeing that in a game. I think it was Otemendi did the exact same in the Everton game to try get Lukaku sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We haven't even come close to seeing angry Klopp yet as Liverpool manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's a good thing you're not a spokesman for United fans, I'd actually like to win some trophies. And Mourinho is the best in the business at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We haven't even come close to seeing angry Klopp yet as Liverpool manager.

Can't wait till he does this again:

Jurgen-Klopp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

It's a good thing you're not a spokesman for United fans, I'd actually like to win some trophies. And Mourinho Used To Be the best in the business at that.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's a good thing you're not a spokesman for United fans, I'd actually like to win some trophies. And Mourinho is the best in the business at that.

Wow. The Rayne Jinx. And to see it deployed on that scale?

Like being on Alderaan and spotting the Death Star through the clouds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can't wait till he does this again:

Jurgen-Klopp.gif

He triple dropped some bad yokes that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Has there been any mention of the fat burner making a move? We're half way through the transfer window now and it's becoming a cause for concern.

Talisman wrote: »
    Has there been any mention of the fat burner making a move? We're half way through the transfer window now and it's becoming a cause for concern.

Leicester is making the rounds atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be great if Mignolet has matured. Has been our best player recently.
    While everyone else has had a dip in form he has soared.
    SO close to saving that header yesterday too, he was up and flying through the air in a brave attempt to stop it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Talisman wrote: »

Most of the January deals tend to be done towards the end of the window when everyone panics, for some reason.

I'd say if Sakho is going, it'll happen then.

I reckon if we dig our heels in and hold out for £18m-£20m, he won't be going anywhere though.

Would be great if Mignolet has matured. Has been our best player recently.
    While everyone else has had a dip in form he has soared.
    SO close to saving that header yesterday too, he was up and flying through the air in a brave attempt to stop it .

Had a good game against United alright, but was in no man's land for Elbows' header against the post in the lead up to the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Dont think the shirt bothered him

the theatrics after the shirt that should have seen a 2nd yellow to Herrera is what bothered him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Are you trying to say you never wanted Klopp at Man Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

micks wrote: »
    Dont think the shirt bothered him

the theatrics after the shirt that should have seen a 2nd yellow to Herrera is what bothered him

yup it was the simulation of having being hit in the face that Herr Klopp was upset with and it should have been a second yellow and seen Herrera of the pitch.
    I wonder if that can be punished post match , I seem to recall they were planning on coming down hard on simulation

If they aren't going to charge Pogba for assaulting Henderson I can't see them charging him. FA only seem to step into the 'nasty diving foreigner' row when the player is high profile and a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If they aren't going to charge Pogba for assaulting Henderson I can't see them charging him. FA only seem to step into the 'nasty diving foreigner' row when the player is high profile and a good player.

If they won't charge Costa for stamping our players three times in one match a couple of years ago (they only charged him for one), they won't do a thing about Pogba or Herrera. They just don't have the balls.

martyos121 wrote: »
    If they won't charge Costa for stamping our players three times in one match a couple of years ago (they only charged him for one), they won't do a thing about Pogba or Herrera. They just don't have the balls.

Making it even worse Skrtel got a ban for accidentally stamping on De Gea while avoiding an attempted leg breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Chirivellas debut v AZ Alkmaar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Making it even worse Skrtel got a ban for accidentally stamping on De Gea while avoiding an attempted leg breaker.

Are you referring to this incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good day in work yesterday, united fans properly wound up by klopp. I'll bring in the lemons today.

• Advertisement

Can't really understand Utd fans being wound up, they've put a big dent in what hopes we had for the title IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Augeo wrote: »
    Can't really understand Utd fans being wound up, they've put a big dent in what hopes we had for the title IMO.

If Liverpool lose out on the title by 2 points or less, I'd be looking at the Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth & Sunderland results wayyyyyy before either of the Man Utd games.

2 points against the most expensive squad in the league isn't a bad return at all, especially considering we could've lost both quite easily.

Are you trying to say you never wanted Klopp at Man Utd?

I think most United fans would have preferred Klopp than Mourinho... maybe even some would still. What I will say though is that Mourinho has surprised me for the better in terms of how the United team are improving and how they're trying to play.

You've a fantastic manager with a likeable character. Yes he goes nuts and is very intense during a game (rare occasions out of hand and if any United manager did it all the ABUs would be all over it :-) ) but he'll get you guys places.

eigrod wrote: »
    If Liverpool lose out on the title by 2 points or less, I'd be looking at the Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth & Sunderland results wayyyyyy before either of the Man Utd games.

2 points against the most expensive squad in the league isn't a bad return at all, especially considering we could've lost both quite easily.

Indeed.
    Still, considering we had the Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth & Sunderland results on the board 3 pts on Sunday would have been preferrable to 1 to close the gap on Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

eigrod wrote: »

We were better team in both games imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Forget about Sunday, Liverpool need to get their GD up to +30 and really need to beat Chelsea on 31st just hope they can move Bobby's court case to a different day.

• Advertisement

Forget about Sunday, Liverpool need to get their GD up to +30 and really need to beat Chelsea on 31st just hope they can move Bobby's court case to a different day.

Jesus the court case, with him and Mane gone.... yikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Isn't it an evening game 20:00? Court should be done by then.

xabi wrote: »
    Isn't it an evening game 20:00? Court should be done by then.

Unsure if he'll be eligible, knowing our luck i'm sure the FA will frown upon him going to court for an offence then togging out in the evening.

We were better team in both games imo

Better at home against a United side who played very defensively and cautiously for almost all of the game.

May have played better in OT (I disagree) but you let United in a few times in the first half (Pogba and Mikitariyan should have scored) and some sloppy mistakes which could have resulted in 2 or 3 goals for Ibra. It was a very even game, both teams not playing to their capabilities with Liverpool missing 4 players and United only missing 2 (could argue one as Shaw hasn't played in ages). You deserved to conceed once if not twice and I don't think you deserved to score 3 goals in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    Unsure if he'll be eligible, knowing our luck i'm sure the FA will frown upon him going to court for an offence then togging out in the evening.

Don't see that's it anything to do with them. Most recent example I can think of was Yaya in December, got an 18 month ban for drink driving, don't recall any suspension or otherwise being unavailable.

Given Bob is one of ours, there's a good chance of a tsunami of towering sanctimony and froth-mouthed hypocrisy from the gutter press, of course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement