Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Define injury prone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What did you have for breakfast?

Better.

:confused::confused: I'm getting my Mario's mixed up now:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Can I just say that as a serious sports fan I love watching a Flawless picture in glorious 1080p where It's Pure Tele Vision.

BTW, this thread is like a closed :)book group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

So that's 28 games across all comps so far this season.

18 wins
    3 defeats
    7 draws

Losing becoming rare which is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont see Trent going anywhere tbh. I'd rather have Flanno back.

You're joking right??! Flanno is about as far away from Liverpool standard as you can get. He offer less than nothing going forward and he's a limited athlete. TAA has been nothing below decent anytime he played and he made two great covering tackles tonight as well as pinging some great balls out to the left. Huge prospect. I disagree with Harry tho in that I think it will be as a right back. At least it will if Klopp is here, his fullbacks are basically wingers that can defend decently which Trent can.

There is this Spanish striker scoring some big goals this season and scored another tonight we should keep an eye on not great at the corners thought I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Alonso77 wrote: »
    So that's 28 games across all comps so far this season.

18 wins
    3 defeats
    7 draws

Losing becoming rare which is good.

Poor League and all that, but Rodgers now has a win Ratio of 72% at Celtic all competitions.

36 Games. 26 Wins. 5 Loss. 5 Draws.
    20 League games. 19 Wins. 0 Loss. 1 Draw.

It's nice to see him do well, I wonder will he get another crack at a big PL club.

Boss.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/821840103643422720
    Klopp asked if Lucas will stay at #LFC this month: "I would say yes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Poor League and all that, but Rodgers now has a win Ratio of 72% at Celtic all competitions.

36 Games. 26 Wins. 5 Loss. 5 Draws.
    20 League games. 19 Wins. 0 Loss. 1 Draw.

It's nice to see him do well, I wonder will he get another crack at a big PL club.

PL club? Yes. Big one? No.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

PL club? Yes. Big one? No.

You're saying Utd have a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Feels like every time I tune into a bit of Spanish football Iago Aspas is killing it against Barca or Real. 11 goals in 16 apps this season.

Yet all I can think about is

53709B7C551072221466193510400_2.0.2.5380165919571963666.mp4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should be spending 5m on a striker
    A little research and you can find a diamond in the rough for Klopp to shape
    As long as he has pace and work rate and is under 23 I would not care if he's in 4 division

Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham has potential
    A cheeky bid could get him
    Has some raw talent that needs honing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You're joking right??! Flanno is about as far away from Liverpool standard as you can get. He offer less than nothing going forward and he's a limited athlete. TAA has been nothing below decent anytime he played and he made two great covering tackles tonight as well as pinging some great balls out to the left. Huge prospect. I disagree with Harry tho in that I think it will be as a right back. At least it will if Klopp is here, his fullbacks are basically wingers that can defend decently which Trent can.

Im not joking, I dont think he's going to make it. I hope he proves me wrong. Flanagan has an excellent season for us under his belt.and then he got injured, he'd be able back up to Clyne I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Sign players with loooooooooooong names! The official store would make a fortune.

Isn't he one of the 26/27 youth players Chelsea have out on loan this season? Signing him my prove problematic.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Im not joking, I dont think he's going to make it. I hope he proves me wrong. Flanagan has an excellent season for us under his belt.and then he got injured, he'd be able back up to Clyne I would have thought.
    To be fair to Flanagan, he had a good second half to the 2013/14 season. He earned an England call up on the back of his performances. Afterwards he has missed a year and a half due to a serious knee injury. That will have had a massive impact on his development as a player.

He's 24 years old, but it could be another season before we know what level he is now capable of playing at. He went to Burnley to get first team football but that hasn't happened. He's unable to displace Stephen Ward or Matt Lowton from the team. This might suggest he's not able/ready for the Premier League now.

Trent Alexander-Arnold is a prospect, at 18 years of age he looks to be a better player than Flanagan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

His name needs honing.

Talisman wrote: »
    Sign players with loooooooooooong names! The official store would make a fortune.

Isn't he one of the 26/27 youth players Chelsea have out on loan this season? Signing him my prove problematic.

He can dribble, he's got a trick, he's got goals, and would have more assists if the people he assists could finish.
    Young with pace and work rate.
    We need to get someone in, do we have any young strikers at club, its strange not to. We always had a young striker coming through. Good to see young players out tonight, but they're in back line or midfield. Where is the next fowler, rush, owen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

There is this Spanish striker scoring some big goals this season and scored another tonight we should keep an eye on not great at the corners thought I hear.

Fair play to him, put his Liverpool stint behind him picked up a UEFA cup winners medal and is averaging a goal every other game since returning to celta, Spanish cap and goal to boot too. He did try when he was here, I even remember him giving an interview in really broken English after a cup game too and gave the vibe he really wanted to make it. Hope his form continues!

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    His name needs honing.
    He calls himself Tammy as in Tammy Wynette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

He can dribble, he's got a trick, he's got goals, and would have more assists if the people he assists could finish.
    We need to get someone in, do we have any young strikers at club, its strange not to. We always had a young striker coming through. Good to see young players out tonight, but they're in back line or midfield. Where is the next fowler, rush, owen?

That would be Woodburn and to a lesser extent Origi.

Dunno if this would be better suited to the tickets thread but going to the game on Saturday (hope I don't 5starpool it) ,my brother got a ticket in the general sale before Christmas but since then a few more have decided to go and we've sourced tickets elsewhere.

He's now looking to get rid of the original ticket, is his ticket for the match his LFC membership card, and does he have to go through the hassle of meeting someone beforehand and afterwards to get it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lads, Joe Gomez was a highlight in an otherwise painful game to watch

I hope he keeps himself fit because he could be a top top defender /redknapp

My missus watching the game with me was baffled at the amount of times I was raving about him: "He's only taking it down and passing out to a winger"

Me: "EXACTLY!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Charlie19 wrote: »
    You're saying Utd have a chance?

On the face of it, I like the idea; but knowing our luck Suarez will come back and they'll wint the PL

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

vYtntAT.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

x43r0 wrote: »
    Lads, Joe Gomez was a highlight in an otherwise painful game to watch

I hope he keeps himself fit because he could be a top top defender /redknapp

My missus watching the game with me was baffled at the amount of times I was raving about him: "He's only taking it down and passing out to a winger"

Me: "EXACTLY!!"

She doesn't know the benefits of passing it out from the back? As Pep would say, "she is not a keeper".

brevity wrote: »
    vYtntAT.png
    So he's not quite as good as Messi, Suarez or Ronaldo then.

razorblunt wrote: »
    She doesn't know the benefits of passing it out from the back? As Pep would say, "she is not a keeper".

Around the home she's more of a sweeper tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He has a knock while Grujic is suffering with growing pains I believe.

Stewart in the middle means sideways and backwards, he has to become more ambitious.
    :eek: Isn't he 6'4" already?
    Hearing a lot of good things about Rhian Brewster.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/rhian-brewster

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Dunno if this would be better suited to the tickets thread but going to the game on Saturday (hope I don't 5starpool it) ,my brother got a ticket in the general sale before Christmas but since then a few more have decided to go and we've sourced tickets elsewhere.

He's now looking to get rid of the original ticket, is his ticket for the match his LFC membership card, and does he have to go through the hassle of meeting someone beforehand and afterwards to get it back?

I believe that is his only option, yes. Ask on IK if you have an account there and you have a better chance of getting someone known to people getting it as opposed to a complete randomer.

We turned down a loan bid for Sakho from Southampton.

No loan deals wanted he goes permanently or he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I know it was never going to happen, but the penalty should have been given to one of the younger players who have experience of taking penalties. I'm fairly sure Trent and Wilson have taken them for the reserves/youth team before. It doesn't matter that its not at the same level. If you're tucking away penalties consistently at reserve level, there won't be a massive difference at senior level. I know reina had a great record of saving penalties but other than that, there isn't a keeper that has a massive save percentage.

I knew before it was taken that Origi was going to miss that penalty, just by the fact he doesn't take penalties too often and I remember him missing a few with Lille when he did take them. He didn't look too confident stepping up to take it either but being the most senior attacker on the pitch, he was always going to be taking it.

5starpool wrote: »
    I believe that is his only option, yes. Ask on IK if you have an account there and you have a better chance of getting someone known to people getting it as opposed to a complete randomer.

Cheers 5starpool.

As for no loans, good the see the club standing their ground after Italian teams taking the p!ss for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Around the home she's more of a sweeper tbh
    Once she reads those posts, she will turn into a striker:P

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Cheers 5starpool.

Actually reading it again, you might have another course of action. If your brother is at the game (which it sounds like he is) but not using his own ticket, he can (I think) go to the ticket office, say he lost his card, he'll need proper ID and to prove who he is, and I think they will issue a new card in the post and a paper ticket for the game. Not 100% sure on that, so perhaps needs more research, but it could work perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    Actually reading it again, you might have another course of action. If your brother is at the game (which it sounds like he is) but not using his own ticket, he can (I think) go to the ticket office, say he lost his card, he'll need proper ID and to prove who he is, and I think they will issue a new card in the post and a paper ticket for the game. Not 100% sure on that, so perhaps needs more research, but it could work perhaps.

I think there maybe a £10 charge for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lads, Joe Gomez was a highlight in an otherwise painful game to watch.............

It was indeed painful to watch but we progressed, Plymouth got a full house replay so big picture, all good :)

Coutinho got 60 mins too & as you say Gomez was great.

Also Karius got another clean sheet under his belt :)

Wasn't the worst FA cup 3rd round for us really.

Augeo wrote: »

Wasn't the worst FA cup 3rd round for us really.

That dubious honour surely goes to Burnley in 05'? Or Utd in 11'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I'll never forget 'aul Djimi's gem of a goal in that one

What in the name of god was he thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I'll never forget 'aul Djimi's gem of a goal in that one

What in the name of god was he thinking?

He missed the ball with his follow up frustration kick aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

92-93 when we were knocked out at Anfield by Bolton (in league 2 at the time) in replay 2-0

or Bristol 93-94 also at Anfield in replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ilori gone to reading for 3.8m, according to guardians transfer thingy.

Thought he left last summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Should have gone sooner, but good luck to him.

Looks like United might offload Luke Shaw - I doubt they'd sell to us, but I'd have him. A very good foil for Clyne, lots of ability and just needs a fresh start. I expect he'll go to someone Palace for 18 months, then ultimately move to a top club again. LBs are hard to come by.

garra wrote: »

presumably that's not a verified Wij' account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was at the Meshuggah gig last night so missed the match, was Sturridge no use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Crap really, never looked in tune with the rest. The play was most fluent with Ojo, Wilson and Woodburn moved central after Coutinho went off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I missed last night (thank god) but in the first game, the senior players (Moreno, Origi specifically) looked the worst players on the pitch, by some distance too.

I guess the others would naturally have more chemistry with eachother since they'd play with eachother regularly.

Can likely say the same about Sturridge...

[can someone help me pick up these straws that I was trying to grasp?]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement