Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    presumably that's not a verified Wij' account.

Well obviously not. Unless one of those accounts purporting to be a player has the verified tick I wouldn't even begin to assume it was the player, especially when it's a post like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'll never forget 'aul Djimi's gem of a goal in that one

What in the name of god was he thinking?

My guess is that he was thinking he'd need to save himself the CL final and didn't need the extra games in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/821833820051800064

Divock Origi has now missed each of his last 5 penalties across all competitions.

That was his first for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

brevity wrote: »

What does he actually say? Gerrard's reaction...looks like he is going to deck him.

Colemania wrote: »

Divock Origi has now missed each of his last 5 penalties across all competitions.

Looking at that picture that was one of the most woeful penalties ever taken. I think I'd prefer if he ballooned it over the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Not surprising after seeing that weak as piss effort last night!!

DrumSteve wrote: »
    What does he actually say? Gerrard's reaction...looks like he is going to deck him.

They're talking about it being cold and Warnock says something about they don't have windows in houses in Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Happens to the best, remember 'Louie' missing a peno for us back in the day.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Looking at that picture that was one of the most woeful penalties ever taken. I think I'd prefer if he ballooned it over the bar.

Poor chap looked like he was on death row stepping up for it. The best of them dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Advertisement

Wasn't a great pen, it was terrible. Didn't cost us so it doesn't matter thankfully.

Was a poor performance overall but it was enough.

4 home games in a row now too. Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

When was our last great performance? Seems quite a while ago. The losses of Mane, Coutiniho, Matip and the loss of form of Firmino have really hurt us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mane the stupid fecker, he's going to win the AfCoN and cost Liverpool the title! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They're talking about it being cold and Warnock says something about they don't have windows in houses in Liverpool.

Ah Colin lives up to his name again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Tusky wrote: »
    When was our last great performance? Seems quite a while ago. The losses of Mane, Coutiniho, Matip and the loss of form of Firmino have really hurt us.

Results have been good to great though it must be said so has it really "hurt us"? To spin it a different way we have found several ways now to gain points, not just by blowing a team away with a fantastic performance.

I wont be overly worried about performance as long as we continue to pick up points, and with key players coming back you would hope performances improve. Its a concern but nothing to get worried about just yet. (Not saying you are worried or anything)

Mane the stupid fecker, he's going to win the AfCoN and cost Liverpool the title! :p

https://twitter.com/asxlfc/status/822161644818223104

We've 4 games in the last 11 days of Jan, all at Anfield. It'll be busy in L4. 4 victories would be just what the Klopp-ter (sorry) ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What's the story with Matip, I guess he's still not playing on Saturday. Crazy stuff.....

What part does the club pay in this? It's the second time in 12 months we have lost a player for bogus reasons, after pulling Sahko last year in the erroneous belief that he couldn't play.

Someone needs to get their act together IMHO at administrative level (once is unfortunate, twice is careless). There is enough money swilling around to get top legal advice, and know the rules inside out. At the very least, someone should know whose palm needs to be greased to get the Cameroon FA to sign the release for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If he isn't cleared by FIFA we won't be able to play for us again till 5 days after the tournament finishes even if Cameroon get knocked out early.

If he isn't cleared by FIFA we won't be able to play for us again till 5 days after the tournament finishes even if Cameroon get knocked out early.

Yea I know that, but thus was mooted ages ago as a possibility. The club should have been on top of it, and done 'what was necessary' in my opinion to get it sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Yea I know that, but thus was mooted ages ago as a possibility. The club should have been on top of it, and done 'what was necessary' in my opinion to get it sorted out.

You're assuming that the club can actually do something about it. What do you think that might be?

corwill wrote: »
    You're assuming that the club can actually do something about it. What do you think that might be?

Had it clarified with FIFA that his retirement was legitimate the same as Scholes and Milner who retired early to prolong their club careers.

corwill wrote: »
    Yea, making an assumption alright. One would assume that either FIFA can be persuaded to make a decision on it, or that the someone in the Cameroon FA can be persuaded to sign something to clear the matter up. There are different ways to persuade FIFA and African FA officials, and many of them involve envelopes, cash, and bank accounts.
    I might be wrong in my assumption, but following on from the non suspension of Sahko last year, it looks like there is mismanagement somewhere on the Liverpool end.

He didn't officially retire though he just refused to play for the current management team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What's the story with Matip, I guess he's still not playing on Saturday. Crazy stuff.....

What part does the club pay in this? It's the second time in 12 months we have lost a player for bogus reasons, after pulling Sahko last year in the erroneous belief that he couldn't play.

Someone needs to get their act together IMHO at administrative level (once is unfortunate, twice is careless). There is enough money swilling around to get top legal advice, and know the rules inside out. At the very least, someone should know whose palm needs to be greased to get the Cameroon FA to sign the release for him.

FIFA are to go make a decision tomorrow so we shall see

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Had it clarified with FIFA that his retirement was legitimate the same as Scholes and Milner who retired early to prolong their club careers.

Liverpool knew perfectly well that Mane :o Matip was refusing to play for Cameroon :o:o Senegal, not that he had retired as players cannot actually retire - they can only agree with their FA not to be recalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Liverpool knew perfectly well that Mane was refusing to play for Cameroon, not that he had retired as players cannot actually retire - they can only agree with their FA not to be recalled.

Considering he was born and plays for Senegal he had every right to refuse!!!!

Liverpool knew perfectly well that Mane was refusing to play for Cameroon :o Senegal, not that he had retired as players cannot actually retire - they can only agree with their FA not to be recalled.

But Mane is playing ;)

• Advertisement

"Harry's having a 'mare, he's not for me Clive"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

"Harry's having a 'mare, he's not for me Clive"

Just call it a night, Harry :D

I'm pretty sure it's 5 days after Cameroon exit, not the end of the tournament as the federation will have no right to him after that.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's 5 days after Cameroon exit, not the end of the tournament as the federation will have no right to him after that.

Well I'm only going by what they were talking about on 5live last night when discussing the whole affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Matip and Mane have been the signings of the season... And both unavailable at what is effectively crunch time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

I can feel it in my water, mané is going to come back with malaria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who's she

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Matip and Mane have been the signings of the season... And both unavailable at what is effectively crunch time :(

January is never crunch time. Crunch time will be the run in hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

For sale sign on aguero,pity his wages are so high

sword1 wrote: »

Aguero would be the stuff of dreams, unfortunately I'd make it about a 1% chance of happening! Maybe Barca will sign him and King Luis will come back, that would actually be the ultimate dream. Suarez and Klopp = guaranteed league title.

To challenge on all fronts (CL & PL) Man City I'd imagine will (they should be anyway) be trying to keep Aguero. Plenty games to be played and this Jesus chap is quite young and of course not PL proven.

Can see Aguero leaving though if he doesn't fancy playing the Pep way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Will lucas head in jan or wait till the summer? Also southampton are seriously tight coming in for a loan for sakho .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

sword1 wrote:

If he isn't hard working enough for Pep I doubt Juergen would go with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

sword1 wrote: »

Where have you seen this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Will lucas head in jan or wait till the summer? Also southampton are seriously tight coming in for a loan for sakho .

Didn't Klopp say during the week that Lucas was staying in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lucas will stay I think. Probably some sort of gentleman's agreement that he will go to Inter in the summer, after years of speculation of going there!

I still think if we can stay within 5 points of the top with the last 9 games to go, anything is possible. Liverpool, Chelsea & United have all shown at various stages of the season so far what a run of 4 or 5 or 6 wins in a row can do to league position & points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

x43r0 wrote: »
    Where have you seen this?

You'd think Iheanacho would be under more pressure from the Jaysis signing.

Bowlardo wrote: »

Was it not rumoured that they wanted a loan deal until he's out of contract...... and also they not willing to pay 100% of his wages or something really scabby/typical from them like that. (as you say, S'ton now going Italian style).

To be fair to S'ton Sakho has had run ins with two LFC managers so I can see why they'd want a loan deal for half a season to see what they are getting.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Lucas will stay I think. Probably some sort of gentleman's agreement that he will go to Inter in the summer, after years of speculation of going there!

I still think if we can stay within 5 points of the top with the last 9 games to go, anything is possible. Liverpool, Chelsea & United have all shown at various stages of the season so far what a run of 4 or 5 or 6 wins in a row can do to league position & points.

Yeah United have moved from 6th all the way up to...............6th!!

FitzShane wrote: »
    ............ league position & points.

..........to be fair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

You know that's just tempting fate. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement