Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Umaro wrote: »
    I was genuinely gutted when we missed out on Depay. He had a great time at the World Cup in 2014, then went on to be top scorer in the Eredivisie, it definitely seemed like he would become something special.

Few careers have stalled at United recently. Be interesting to see how Schneiderlin and Depay get on now they've had to drop down to smaller clubs.

Did he really have a great time at wc2014 though? Flashes here and there and youth on his side. He was ok and over hyped. His league form in Holland all beit a poorish league was way more impressive than that

He could be a co-pilot in the Babelcopter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nalz wrote: »
    Did he really have a great time at wc2014 though? Flashes here and there and youth on his side. He was ok and over hyped. His league form in Holland all beit a poorish league was way more impressive than that

He had a great season before it regardless, 22 league goals scored that year. I'll admit I was a bit gutted Liverpool signed him even though we signed firmino the same summer. Goes to show every signing is a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Match thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102352233#post102352233

I haven't done one for a while but have a 100% record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Match thread.

I was always too shy to do one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I was always too shy to do one...

I only ever did one, for the Skrtelpocalypse against Saints last year. Still have PTSD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NukaCola wrote: »

I'm assuming this is about no left back to be bought in the summer (I'm still using the legacy skin which will not display twitter contents)

Pretty amazing if true and risky as it means Moreno will still be back up. There is no one at the Academy in that position who is ready to be moved up - if there were we'd already know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mine are always deadly. Especially the one I did when there was all ready a match thread up. Nearly got to 2 pages.

speaking of flops, Markovic might be on the way back to us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Thats always a good sign.....

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thats always a good sign.....

He was jeered recently by the Sporting fans. I think they would have to pay us extra cash if they keep him until season end.

I wonder how Klopp rates him

Saw that, basically Sporting want to avoid paying the second tranche of the loan fee. If he did come back maybe Klopp could get some sort of tune out of him as cover on the flanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Wasn't Roy more fired from International football.

He didn't quit he was sent home for not apologizing after losing it with Mick.

He was sent home from Saipan but he said he wouldn't represent the ROI himself after that.

Brian Kerr had to go talk to him to get him playing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He was jeered recently by the Sporting fans. I think they would have to pay us extra cash if they keep him until season end.

I wonder how Klopp rates him

He looks like a scared kitten.

I don't think that's the kind of personality Klopp needs.

Christ knows we're short on pace and he's got good vision and decent quality on the ball.

In theory he'd be a great option for 2nd half counter-attacking.

Just doesn't look like he has the mentality. Won't take people on, happy to run around the flank and hide.

If anyone can get him to come out of his shell Klopp could, but he has to want to succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I very much doubt Markovic would get a look in barring a real injury disaster if he came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Match thread.

One of these days, I'll do another match thread. Who doesn't want a repeat of this?

Knex. wrote: »
    One of these days, I'll do another match thread. Who doesn't want a repeat of this?

I just looked at the OP in that, but wasn't that the 2-2 game with a bit of added bite? I was over at that and only saw the incident in the pub afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

dogbert27 wrote: »
    He was sent home from Saipan but he said he wouldn't represent the ROI himself after that.

Brian Kerr had to go talk to him to get him playing again.

It's the same with Matip he won't play under the current management like Roy wouldn't play under Mick.

Cameroon haven't been calling Matip up for International games or weekends but when they qualified for a major tournament they did and I would guess a lot of that was also down to the millions of Cameroon people who want there best players at a major tournament they could win.

If Mick had qualified for another major tournament after that WC the people of Ireland would be going mental at him to call Roy up.

If Cameroon change there management team after this tournament Matip could easily return to International football just like Roy did when Brain took over after Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

How much stronger does our bench look today. Such a difference. Real options on there today. Love to see a nice 2-0 after 60 mins and Woodburn on.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    How much stronger does our bench look today. Such a difference. Real options on there today. Love to see a nice 2-0 after 60 mins and Woodburn on.

Zero chance of Woodburn coming on unless we're winning 4-0 with 10 mins left, but shows how highly rated he is when still being kept that close to things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    I just looked at the OP in that, but wasn't that the 2-2 game with a bit of added bite? I was over at that and only saw the incident in the pub afterwards.

Exactly the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A midfield 3 of Can, Gigi and Henderson is very conservative at home against this Swansea. Pull lallana back and bring in another forward would be my preference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hard to overstate how much we miss a direct pacey threat like Mane.

Playing well enough but there's a lot less space.
    They can afford to defend a lot narrower and more rigidly.

• Advertisement

Actually there is loads of space - down the wings and no one is exploiting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

12.30 kick off strikes again. Atmosphere is dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We need to play all our games at night if we want any atmosphere at Anfield it seems.

We need to play all our games at night if we want any atmosphere at Anfield it seems.

Its not just us. Its every game. Its natural enough, not enough time for people to get a few pints in. And as lame as that is it is a requirement for a good atmosphere.

I know not winning this game won't mean we can't win the league, but realistically it'll put a massive dent in it. We can't afford to draw at home to Swansea in general, it makes things far too difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Atmosphere is absolutely shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I know not winning this game won't mean we can't win the league, but realistically it'll put a massive dent in it. We can't afford to draw at home to Swansea in general, it makes things far too difficult.

Fail to win here and I'll be looking down the table rather than up, and I'm usually an optimist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pure shyte. Take off Can and Henderson and put on Sturridge and Origi.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Atmosphere is absolutely shocking

It's 12.30 KO on a grey freezing lunchtime and nothing is happening

Pure shyte. Take off Can and Henderson and put on Sturridge and Origi.

Lol... good luck with that. Taking off the captain at halftime. Hendo has done some good clean up work. Passing was sloppy at times but he was pinging it by the end of the half.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think this thread should be locked......Before the Meltdown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think this thread should be locked......Before the Meltdown!!

Meltdown is completely justified. Our form is worrying and defence is just so poor. Dropping points almost every week for the last month. Fourth is gonna be hard to hold now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fairly standard liverpool in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Standard Liverpool second half of the season, why am i not surprised.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

klose wrote: »
    Fairly standard liverpool in reality.

Beat someone like Hull though and you'll still get people in here saying Klopp is the best manager in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that's any sort of a title chase over, fighting for top 4 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Mathematically we can but every other way we can't and won't. Game over on that front.

I agree with poster above. Too negative with Can, Hendo and Win in the middle today when it was obv it would be 10 behind the ball.

As good as Miler and Clyne are defensively I don't think they offer enough going forward in these games. They never go by the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Well that's any sort of a title chase over, fighting for top 4 now.

There's always next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Beat someone like Hull though and you'll still get people in here saying Klopp is the best manager in the world

He is still the best manager for us though at this moment in time and has done a great job so far. I have faith in him but think he will need 2 more seasons if he is to win the league.

What you will have though is posters saying not to worry, the last 10 games are winnable :rolleyes: Handy ones like away to stoke and the likes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yyyyeeaaaahhhhh let's stop talking about the title now obviously, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yea lads, we don't need any signings, sure look at all those points we won at the start of the season.

Load of shyte, clear we're in a rut for weeks now but people to blind and biased to see it.

It's farcical how people are not losing their sh1t at the lack of investment in a side that had a sniff of winning the league, no ambition at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Go and get some sleep. Good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Can any pool fans tell me the difference in those long balls and bringing on a defender than when klopp went ballistic last week when United used it.

Surely using it when you have no "tall" men in the box is actually idiotic?

I think this shows two things.

Managers will say anything after a game
    Pot kettle black

• Advertisement

I never thought the title was on so no change for me, what is worrying is the persistent failure to deal with the so called and actual small teams - it's been like this for years so I can't blame one manager or one cohort of players but it's in the bricks and needs addressing urgently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement