Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Couldn't care less about the cups

I dont understand. You only care about the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nobody to blame for that embarrassment except for Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Results like this are a bit baffling. Go out and draw with utd and the lose at home to a team in relegation zone. Complacency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Would you be in favour of buying just for the sake of it so?

Klopp has shown that he will buy the players that will suit his system and style and is not going to go out and spend 10s of millions on the latest hot-streak player. We have a fairly good idea of the players he is looking for, the likes of Dahoud and Pulicic, young players with ability that he can mould into the type of player he wants them to be.

I can't understand the demands to spend money for the sake of spending and then spend weeks slating the player and manager for the wrong player being bought.

Patience is needed here.

If we miss out on top 4 because of it, then it's just being penny wise, pound foolish.

I think we easily could've gone for a 27-29 decent level forward to plug the whole and be a squad player for 18 months.

I don't see the downside.

We're not going to spend big next summer either, so it's not like we're saving up for the big push for the title 2017/18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

NukaCola wrote: »

Right now yes, if we win a cup I'll be delighted, but if it's at the expense of a top 4 finish, which isn't even close to being as certain as it once seemed, then I'll be livid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Lads at the back didn't want to get hurt today. First goal loads of Swansea touches before scoring, 2nd was a free header, and third Klavan decided to play the ball gently across the box instead of ploughing it out. Too soft.

Lallana and Can also missed basic chances. First half was a scandal.

Not good enough at all really.

Right now yes, if we win a cup I'll be delighted, but if it's at the expense of a top 4 finish, which isn't even close to being as certain as it once seemed, then I'll be livid.

We're 6 games away from winning 2 cups.

It's not that big a commitment and there's value in getting into the habit of winning things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

+1
    Cup win is no use to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This is thr first Liverpool game i've missed in about two years. Late night and slept right through it, woke up a few minutes ago.

Shocked to see the result but very shocked to see 90% of the posters here turn against Klopp. Will have to watch MoTD later.

Very dissapointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Couldn't agree more, a cup would be the cherry on top of a CL place, but a cherry on its own is a bit shîte to be honest, ain't it?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This is thr first Liverpool game i've missed in about two years. Late night and slept right through it, woke up a few minutes ago.

Shocked to see the result but very shocked to see 90% of the posters here turn against Klopp. Will have to watch MoTD later.

Very dissapointing.

90% of posters?

This place is turning into hyperbole central........

90% of posters?

No it's not. You're literally the biggest ****ing liar who's ever lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

90% of posters?

Exactly nobody has turned against him, questioning his performance today that's all.

That's football.
    Hopefully we rally for top4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yes we can, you might not want to see it, but yes he can be blamed for a few things about today....
    Not really.
    Origi & Sturridge both off form. Can is off form but we have no CM to replace him. Coutinho most likely only fit enough for 60 mins.

• Advertisement

Can needs a long rest on the bench. Probably could have done with either starting or bringing on Matip earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

90% of posters?

Read through the last few pages and tell me that Klopp is not being slated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If only we had a deeper squad then we could actually rotate the players and not be running them into the ground, might also help performances if they knew that if they played sh1t someone will step in, as it is the team almost picks itself, no competition in the squad. Can has been abysmal lately, he does need a 'rest'.

Facing mild criticism after 18 months of near unrelenting adulation is hardly getting slated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's not slating that's annoyance at terrible football and a terrible result. Could Klopp have done thing better yes, no idea why Matip was held back having trained, starting Lallana in the front 3 and Can/Hendo was poor - it's not worked once why would that change today?

• Advertisement

Criticism does not mean people have turned on him, or he is being slated. I think its level headed criticism also, nobodies going crazy.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Not really.
    Origi & Sturridge both off form. Can is off form but we have no CM to replace him. Coutinho most likely only fit enough for 60 mins.

Players will be off form ..... shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp didn't need to start Henderson and Can in the game at home to Swansea other than that I can't really see what was wrong with that starting line other than Matip on the bench and Mane away that is our strongest starting line up and should have been enough to beat Swansea.

The players on the pitch showed a complete lack of directness and energy in the first half.

He made the substitutions early when we went behind neither but Origi or Daniel were up to much and one if not both will probably be gone in the summer. (Yes I think Origi will move)

What we really really lack is a few players with pace direct pace having one player with it is not great because when he doesn't play it's hugely noticeable.

We also need a player who can g up players while the game is going on someone who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck when games alike that in the first half and command on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would also blame Can for the 2nd goal he did run on with his player when he went on the overlap

In all the hand-wringing, it's worth mentioning that Swansea were pretty good.

Especially after it went 2-3 they started playing some really good, composed football.
    You would've expected an onslaught after that but we hardly touched the ball between when they scored and the 80th minute and that was more the quality of their passing and movement than it was anything we did wrong.

What we really really lack is a few players with pace direct pace having one player with it is not great because when he doesn't play it's hugely noticeable.

Yup, beyond Mane who is there? Some of the kids have a youthful nippiness but none of them are outright speedy. Are any of the presumed summer targets quick? Promes, Pulisic, Azmoun, Brandt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yup, beyond Mane who is there? Some of the kids have a youthful nippiness but none of them are outright speedy. Are anyone of the presumed summer targets quick? Promes, Pulisic, Azmoun, Brandt?

Promes is lightning fast, no idea about the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No excuses for that. I'm not gonna say Klopp got it wrong tho. The players got it wrong. So many sloppy passes, what can the manager do about that. I don't think Lallana really works up top but at the same time he had two very good chances that you'd expect him to at least hit the target with. We still SHOULD have won that game but really thats below minimum expectation vs the side bottom of the league...

any chance we can just play against the top 6 for all our matches?

Yup, beyond Mane who is there? Some of the kids have a youthful nippiness but none of them are outright speedy. Are any of the presumed summer targets quick? Promes, Pulisic, Azmoun, Brandt?

He has and lots of it and very direct running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Augeo wrote: »
    Players will be off form ..... shocker
    Well both badly off form at the same time is a bit of a shocker.
    With Mane away we badly need them to step up & they haven't.

Both take too many touches & are not good at playing combinations like the rest of our frontline.
    Sturridge is also too slow to run in behind & can't hold it up either. Origi hasn't found his form of last year & his first touch has been poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    No excuses for that. I'm not gonna say Klopp got it wrong tho. The players got it wrong. So many sloppy passes, what can the manager do about that. I don't think Lallana really works up top but at the same time he had two very good chances that you'd expect him to at least hit the target with. We still SHOULD have won that game but really thats below minimum expectation vs the side bottom of the league...

any chance we can just play against the top 6 for all our matches?

Don't think there were too many quibbles about the team before kick-off. The players just didn't perform. Who actually played well today? Firmino and that's about it. There was lots and lots of misplaced passes and miscontrolled balls.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Well both badly off form at the same time is a bit of a shocker.
    With Mane away we badly need them to step up & they haven't.

Both take too many touches & are not good at playing combinations like the rest of our frontline.
    Sturridge is also too slow to run in behind & can't hold it up either. Origi hasn't found his form of last year & his first touch has been poor.

Neither can be blamed for being 2 nil down at home as they were on the bench.

Klopp should be getting more out if them both IMO.
    He gets all the credit when things go well.

Neither can be blamed for being 2 nil down at home as they were on the bench.

Klopp should be getting more out if them both IMO.
    He gets all the credit when things go well.

Origi has done ok this year. Sturridge... I dunno... he just doesn't fit. Sounds like an excuse but think its true. Wideplayer who could play as a striker would be lovely in the summer. Basically Mane's twin brother please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Very dissapointing.

"Turn on klopp" just because posters are criticising him doesn't mean they have turned on him for Christ sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This result was coming Liverpool haven't played well since the second half against Middlesbrough
    I know we bet city but I thought we were poor that day lucky city were worse than us

We overachieved first half of the season..... we will find out by how much over the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

**** sake it was one loss.

Some people in here need to take a break from the internet.

We overachieved first half of the season..... we will find out by how much over the coming months.

Klopps teams usually do tho. Thats why he's such a good manager. Nobody thought we had a title challenge in us this season. We're still in it (kinda) and defo still in the hunt for top 4. Without Mane we've looked meh every time. That role is so important for Klopp. We need him back soon. Or maybe give Ojo some time out there. I don't think Lallana will work out there. Not with Clyne behind him, i'm a big Clyne fan but he's not amazing going forward. Maybe give TAA more time out there if we're playing Lallana ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gutted. Am I the only one on here who needed to see how badly everyone else on here felt before I began to deal with how bad I feel about this?
    If you follow me.....

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    **** sake it was one loss.

Some people in here need to take a break from the internet.

I'm usually the one saying this but its one loss at home vs Stoke. Its ok to be upset about this one. Beat chelsea next week and its smiles again.

Those weren't false performanecs, nor were we particularly lucky in games.

Our squad as a whole did overacheive though, or rather, the acheivements it was capable of were frontloaded at the start of the season.

The ACON was always going to be 1 factor, but we have been exposed more generally as a squad on several occasions.

Burnley was an early shot across the bows and a hint at where we might fall down.

We don't have an issue against the top half of the table teams.

Mane was the player bought in the summer to be the one to break the two banks of 4 the bottom half of the table use against us.

We need at least two more pacy direct running players added to the squad who can give defenders a scare.

To be honest I would have put Moreno on as a winger today myself instead of Origi or Daniel.

mosstin wrote: »
    Gutted. Am I the only one on here who needed to see how badly everyone else on here felt before I began to deal with how bad I feel about this?
    If you follow me.....

I know what you mean - you need to know we all thought it was horrid so you can have your feeling confirmed and then join in with the crowd mob! :p

Gbear wrote: »
    Those weren't false performanecs, nor were we particularly lucky in games.

Our squad as a whole did overacheive though, or rather, the acheivements it was capable of were frontloaded at the start of the season.

The ACON was always going to be 1 factor, but we have been exposed more generally as a squad on several occasions.

Burnley was an early shot across the bows and a hint at where we might fall down.
    So we overachieved first half of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

When playing against lower opposition there should only be 2 playing from Hendo, Can, Winjaldum.

I am not sure if Can moves the ball quickly enough. I would be looking for and upgrade in the summer if the rumours are true we would get 20/25 millions for him. He is a quality play just not sure if he fits in with what we are trying to do.

Klopp should be questioned. Coutinho was out for a few weeks and they knew Mane was going to Africa for january. Day one of the transfer window we should have bought a fast attacking skillful player. Our benc his thread bare at the minute

Sturridge is sold in the summer, end of story but he should be starting against team like swansea at home.

Klavan should be our 4th CB and Lovren our third. I think Sakho ****ed us with his attitude and getting dropped to the bench.Would hope by the end of the season our CB pairing is Gomes and Matip

In the summer we need a quality LB(Rodriguez) that can assist with the attack, Another quality CM (Pulisic??), an out out striker with speed (no idea who for that ) and another winger ( Quincy Promes?)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'm usually the one saying this but its one loss at home vs Stoke. Its ok to be upset about this one. Beat chelsea next week and its smiles again.

I know and that's what annoys me. It's a marathon not a sprint, judge at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What a result

We won't win league now, would be wrong to win it now.
    We will probably beat Chelsea, but it will all be in vain
    Who knows what will happen Chelsea tomorrow, probably lose, would not surprise me.
    Can you blame klopp? I dunno why Matip was not playing as he's tall and good in air.
    Lorente is good in air, that's no secret, so I dunno why Matip was not on to defend against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Think we need a bit more in midfield. Wynaldum and Henderson have been good this year but when we have to rely on Can we do struggle a bit. He's not consistent good enough and sometimes he puts in horror shows.

At least we showed some fight today when we went behind. Beating Chelse is a must now. Not just to stay in the hunt for the league but for the CL spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

We really miss lallana from midfield. To be honest I'd rather carry someone upfront that in the midfield 3 so would prefer lallana in the middle at the minute.

Very disappointing that origi and sturidge have both been so poor during this period.

Same with Can and he always looks like someone that needs a lot of game time to play himself into form which unfortunately he still hasn't got into top gear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

We mostly always struggle against teams like this..not surprised it was on the cards. Dropped so many points against weaker teams..

No pace in the team at all... poor squad depth but we still don't buy anyone... Can slows everything down... Origi and Studge like wednesday absolute muck... not sure if they are good enough... we'll be lucky to get top 4 if we keep this up...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement