Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PSG to put in a bid for Lallana so say MoTD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

PSG to put in a bid for Lallana so say MoTD.

It's in The Sun so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's in The Sun so...

Always thought Paris was in Europe. Well that's me told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is Sturbridge injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was he in his preferred position today?

I didn't notice the camera cutting to him once.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Was he in his preferred position today?

I didn't notice the camera cutting to him once.

He'd probably have bled to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge could leave if we were to sign a like for like in January. I like Sturridge but he just can't sprint and would never have been bought by Klopp that's for sure.
    Strange that Ian Rush said he needs to stop his sulking, Sturridge looks unhappy but it's normal for him. He's very happy inside and has never complained once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sturridge could leave if we were to sign a like for like in January. I like Sturridge but he just can't sprint and would never have been bought by Klopp that's for sure.
    Strange that Ian Rush said he needs to stop his sulking, Sturridge looks unhappy but it's normal for him. He's very happy inside and has never complained once.

Every player is selfish to a degree and thats fine but there are those that go beyond that and Sturridge has always been one of them. The type that would rather score and see the team lose than win without scoring.

He will always sulk. The fact that the team are winning without him will make him even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Daily mail (i know) mention that ancelloti is close to getting the sack and we might struggle to keep klopp if Bayern come calling, i think if he left it would feel worse than when Torres or Suarez left

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

sword1 wrote: »
    Daily mail (i know) mention that ancelloti is close to getting the sack and we might struggle to keep klopp if Bayern come calling, i think if he left it would feel worse than when Torres or Suarez left

Wouldn't even entertain it happening. From all the evidence so far, Klopp wouldn't do it.....and it would break my heart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

klopp isnt going to leave anytime soon nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Klopp despises Bayern. I don't see that happening ever.

I think someday the German national team might come calling, but that's years away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Klopp going to munich is like Mother Theresa playing centre half for Rangers. It ain't going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

niallo27 wrote: »
    Klopp going to munich is like Mother Theresa playing centre half for Rangers. It ain't going to happen.

Yeah, she's more of a winger really.

Umaro wrote: »

I think someday the German national team might come calling, but that's years away.

Klopp said when he was leaving Dortmund that he was open to the idea of managing Bayern sometime, i am sure he doesn't hate them it was just rivalry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Umaro wrote: »

https://youtu.be/xoHrdQL-hrk

Kirby wrote: »
    Every player is selfish to a degree and thats fine but there are those that go beyond that and Sturridge has always been one of them. The type that would rather score and see the team lose than win without scoring.

He will always sulk. The fact that the team are winning without him will make him even worse.

I never knew you were a psychologist.
    The bit about team winning making him sulk is a tad extreme if not totally loony a theory IMO.

If true, klopp wouldn't have him near the squad as he clearly wouldn't help the teamspirit and unity we are seeing this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What's wrong with a striker being pissed off he is not playing, he shows he cares. I don't it reflects in his play when he gets on. Don't know why we give sturridge such a hard time.

niallo27 wrote: »
    What's wrong with a striker being pissed off he is not playing, he shows he cares. I don't it reflects in his play when he gets on. Don't know why we give sturridge such a hard time.

Don't think he gets a hard time at all. The connection between him and the fans has never been there like it has with other players and imo it's for the reasons mentioned above. It's all about Daniel Sturridge rather than the team. He scores and we lose 5-1 it's a good day for him, win 5-0 and he doesn't score it's a bad day.

Him looking like someone had just pissed in his mouth after he 'assisted' Firmino last season sums up his attitude towards teamwork.

• Advertisement

Don't think he gets a hard time at all. The connection between him and the fans has never been there like it has with other players and imo it's for the reasons mentioned above. It's all about Daniel Sturridge rather than the team. He scores and we lose 5-1 it's a good day for him, win 5-0 and he doesn't score it's a bad day.

Him looking like someone had just pissed in his mouth after he 'assisted' Firmino last season sums up his attitude towards teamwork.

Either way i hope that calf is running around the field next week, any update on Coutinho/firmino/lallana/sturridge and ings ,missing alot of goalscorers now

CyRA2wXWQAA1pq5.jpg:large

We have the best defence in Europe. Stats eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I couldn't care less how happy or sad sturridge looks when he is on the pitch. The main thing is he gives it his all when on the pitch which he has done under klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The main thing is he gives it his all when on the pitch which he has done under klopp.

Debatable......

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

Is it not too hard to score when you're only getting 20-25 minutes?...especially if you're average.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lol.

Klopp calls Sunderland the most defensive team he'd ever seen. Utd disciple Phil Neville hops on it and calls him disrespectful

I wouldn't take anything he says on board at all. Biased and obsessed, just like a lot of their fans.

For Origis goal, as an example, as he took the shot 10 Sunderland players were in the box. 10! I'm not sure what you'd call it other than very defensive.

Klopp also said there was nothing wrong with being defensive because we made them play that way. Disrespectful? He needs to get a grip and not be so precious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Matip, eh?

Matip, eh?

Having the best keeper in the league helps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Matip, eh?

In fairness he made some great saves yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Matip, eh?

Sign all the Germans! :)

ricero wrote: »
    In fairness he made some great saves yesterday

He made 2 decent saves but he also kicked the ball out for a corner from a goal kick. I don't remember ever seeing that happen before.

He made 2 decent saves but he also kicked the ball out for a corner from a goal kick. I don't remember ever seeing that happen before.

I was wondering had he a bet on the corners market!

Doesn't matter as long as he's not Mignolet.

He should have immediately ran to a ball boy to get another ball and say that he kicked that out because it had gone soft or something to the ref.......I would have chanced it anyway :pac:

Mignolet would have been ridiculed relentlessly for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah, she's more of a winger really.

Yep, she has an excellent cross on her

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep, she has an excellent cross on her

True but it's ridiculous, she'd be our 6th or 7th signing from the Saints in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Was going to post this very table. It sort of backs up what I posted about Karius yesterday - we still don't know exactly how good or otherwise he is. Speaks volumes for how our defence is being protected also. Henderson's been wonderful this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jordan henderson has really stepped up this season and has been exceptional in the holding midfield role. His energy and tempo is key for us in the press and also in starting our attacks.

Fair play because i didnt think he would be capable in the role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Mignolet would have been ridiculed relentlessly for that.

He would but he's kind of earned it for the infinite mistakes he's made. Bar that KArius' distribution was great yesterday and he made two vital saves too. He's really come on and the cbs seem to have a lot more confidence in him than they did in Mignolet. Also nice that when he has to lump it he clears the half way line...

The latest on the injuries.

Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho set for scan with ankle ligament fears
    Philippe Coutinho will have a scan on his injured ankle on Monday amid fears at Liverpool that the influential Brazilian suffered ligament damage against Sunderland.

Liverpool’s commanding No10 was taken off on a stretcher in the 34th minute of Saturday’s 2-0 win following a collision with Didier Ndong. The 24-year-old was assessed at Melwood on Sunday morning before leaving the training ground on crutches and with his right foot in a protective boot. He is due to have a scan on Monday afternoon and Liverpool suspect it will reveal ankle ligament damage.

If confirmed, the diagnosis would represent a severe setback to Jürgen Klopp with his team challenging Chelsea and Manchester City at the top of the Premier League. Liverpool have six league games next month alone and a lengthy absence would deprive Klopp of his team’s most creative outlet this season.

Roberto Firmino was also injured against Sunderland but his calf problem is not believed to be serious and he has not been booked for a scan. Daniel Sturridge missed the win with a tight calf and was again absent from training on Sunday while Adam Lallana, who has missed the past two league games because of a groin problem, is making good progress and could be in contention for next Sunday’s match at Bournemouth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/27/liverpool-philippe-coutinho-scan-ankle-ligament-damage

How long roughly would someone be out for with an ankle ligament injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    How long roughly would someone be out for with an ankle ligament injury?

I imagine it would depend on the extent of the damage.

It could just be a strain or he might need surgery, 2/3 months if they operate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's a massive loss to team. Lallana will have to play in front three when back, can't see Origi being the one to fill those boots ongoing . Can will keep his spot in midfield, Lallana front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Origi will start vs Leeds, if he does well there I see no reason not to give him a start at Bournemouth.

Origi missed a couple of months, but I'd say he recovers at an average rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

90 seconds in and United and Everton are both losing in there games. Not a bad Sunday so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement