Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

United only gained one point when I expected them to get three on us,we're safe in the top 4 no mater what the results for our next two league games at least,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Rooney got is goal and United's top goal scorer is a scouser.

What is even better for me after last week is some United fans proved today proved in two match threads that they are just what they claimed to hate in one match thread in the other match thread lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now a draw in the next game would be a good end to a bad start to the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Now a draw in the next game would be a good end to a bad start to the day.

Knowing our luck City will **** the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

doc_17 wrote: »
    Think we need a bit more in midfield. Wynaldum and Henderson have been good this year but when we have to rely on Can we do struggle a bit. He's not consistent good enough and sometimes he puts in horror shows.

At least we showed some fight today when we went behind. Beating Chelse is a must now. Not just to stay in the hunt for the league but for the CL spots.

Would like to see Milner in there for a few games.
    Dam Moreno is preventing that due to his lack of ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Vicxas wrote: »
    Knowing our luck City will **** the bed.

I'm ok with that. One less top 4 challenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'm usually the one saying this but its one loss at home vs Stoke. Its ok to be upset about this one. Beat chelsea next week and its smiles again.

If you think losing at home to Stoke is bad you should have seen us today against Swansea! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'm ok with that. One less top 4 challenger.

Utd and City dropping points and remaining fairly ****e is now our chief concern.

We should be able to see things out at a fairly steady pace but both of those are capable, at least theoretically, of championchip form in a way that someone like Everton wouldn't be.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

United only gained one point when I expected them to get three on us,we're safe in the top 4 no mater what the results for our next two league games at least,

No we're not. Utd can't overtake us after the next set of games, but we could very likely be 5th tomorrow.

At least their result will have shut some of them up and stopped this thread getting even messier than it is.

He's one of our own;)

https://twitter.com/herbiekane/status/822802888271466496
    Herbie kane ‏@herbiekane 4h4 hours ago

Happy to have signed a new 4 year deal with Liverpool⚽️����

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

So Rooney got is goal and United's top goal scorer is a scouser.

What is even better for me after last week is some United fans proved today proved in two match threads that they are just what they claimed to hate in one match thread in the other match thread lol.

? In the pub?

A draw in this game would really minimise the damage we did ourselves earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Bitterly disappointing result today. Everytime you think the squad could be capable of something they remind you they aren't. Needs further strengthening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    A draw in this game would really minimise the damage we did ourselves earlier.

Can't decide who I'd like to win, if forced to pick. Probably Spurs, and keep our distance from being 5th.

And I know I've been saying the same thing all season about not expecting a title challenge, but I do think our current run has to be somewhat expected when you consider the size/depth of our squad, and the intensity and gruelling fashion that Klopp asks them to play.

Its physically and mentally impossible to ask the same 14-15 lads to do that 50 times a season.

About a month ago I'd have said we were 80% likely of achieving top 4, but felt we'd tail off from the title challenge. Now, that percentage has certainly dropped. We're on the right path, of that I've no doubt, but we're in for one hell of a fight for fourth in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp needs to stop shoehorning players,

--Hendo/Can/Wiji
    Lallana/Firmino/Coutinho

is worse than say

Hendo/Wiji
    Lallana
    Origi/Firmino/Coutinho

which keeps Lallana where is he best suited while adding some wide pace.

We could not overhaul our squad hugely last summer we needed to keep some consistency with the group of players Klopp had been working with last season.

The 4 outfield players Klopp brought in this summer have been a success Wijnaldum, Matip, Mane & Ragnar add another 1 this window and another 4 next summer and we will have a completely different looking squad to the one he took over 16 months ago.

Getting CL football and winning a trophy would have been the main goal at the start of the season for every fan and we are still in with a shout of doing that.

5starpool wrote: »
    No we're not. Utd can't overtake us after the next set of games, but we could very likely be 5th tomorrow.

At least their result will have shut some of them up and stopped this thread getting even messier than it is.

Even if City we today we've got a fairly large goal difference advantage over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

? In the pub?

Nope after being called a crier last week in the United thread over the ref, it was nice to see some fans being hypocrites and crying over the ref in their match thread.

Klopp needs to stop shoehorning players,

--Hendo/Can/Wiji
    Lallana/Firmino/Coutinho

is worse than say

Hendo/Wiji
    Lallana
    Origi/Firmino/Coutinho

which keeps Lallana where is he best suited while adding some wide pace.

Whilst I agree, the flipside is that it was arguably his shoehorning that turned Henderson into a deep lying anchor, Wjinaldum into a box to box midfielder, and Lallana the same.

• Advertisement

Need a goal scorer in Can Hendo and Wiji .
    In these games you need that Gerrard or Lampard to drag us over line.
    We have neither

Knex. wrote: »
    Whilst I agree, the flipside is that it was arguably his shoehorning that turned Henderson into a deep lying anchor, Wjinaldum into a box to box midfielder, and Lallana the same.

True and Milner into a left back (hang on is anyone where they ought to be?!)
    but having established the new positional order he should tinker with it as little as possible and preferably not at all until this season is done. Do any of us think Can/Hendo works? Does the play and results back up this paring? Nope.

but having established the new positional order he should tinker with it as little as possible and preferably not at all until this season is done. Do any of us think Can/Hendo works? Does the play and results back up this paring? Nope.

Yeah, Can and Henderson really isn't working. Can hasn't been at the races at all this year. Looks a little lost at times, being honest.

Massive shame too that Origi and Sturridge are playing so poorly. One of them getting a goal every now and again would paper over some of the cracks, but they've been disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Bitterly disappointing result today. Everytime you think the squad could be capable of something they remind you they aren't. Needs further strengthening

Didn't see the match, but based on previous performaces the personnel are fine. What's missing (and has been missing for soem time now) is the mental attitude.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Can is the problem there, he's after dropping into a slump and isn't coming out of it yet. Take him out and start Mane and we're back to our first choice team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Need a goal scorer in Can Hendo and Wiji .
    In these games you need that Gerrard or Lampard to drag us over line.
    We have neither

I totally agree... they don't score enough and need to start chipping in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Can is the problem there, he's after dropping into a slump and isn't coming out of it yet. Take him out and start Mane and we're back to our first choice team.

the squad does not have enough depth for injuries and resting players when off form.Splash the cash now if we want champions league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Didn't see the match, but based on previous performaces the personnel are fine. What's missing (and has been missing for soem time now) is the mental attitude.

First team personnel bar goalie and I'd agree. Take out just one (mane) we, as many predicted, struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Don't think it's all mental.. We cant seem to break down the weaker teams.. We have a lot of slow players in the team. To beat these teams you either go long ball (if you have tall players) or drag their defense quickly from one side to the other side of the pitch with quick passes.

Our width comes from our full backs and to be honest the chances they create are not consistent enough...

Our one player who has pace is in Africa and we knew we were going to lose him and have no backup.. which is downright negligent.

Even if City we today we've got a fairly large goal difference advantage over them.

For some reason I thought City were 2 points behind us, not 3 before today. Either way, a draw probably the better result in that game, followed by a City win given how fragile they are I think (similar to us in that respect).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gerrard on BT talking about Chelsea on top and mentioned that the rest of them will need a slip up. Straight away Jake Humphrey jumps in with "speaking of slip ups".
    Well done on the professionalism Jake, he's such a cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pathetic.

There is no excuse for not beating Swansea. None. Zero. They're fúcking shít.

Our continued inability to defend crosses into our box is undermining everything we're trying to do.

Just fúcking fix it.
    Do nothing else for a month if you have to.

Also, Mané is apparently our most important player. We're so lethargic without his injection of pace, it's silly.

Also, learn how to beat a packed defence. Play it quickly. Give THEM the ball so we can try counter. Do something different.

So fúcking frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

We need to invest. Our squad depth isn't up to it. If we had, say Robbie Brady for 10mil, we could have had Milner in midfield today instead of Can. But our owners are careful with their money. They probably think someone should have to be sold for that to happen.

Kent scored a cracker against Leeds.

https://streamable.com/fidfr

doc_17 wrote: »
    We need to invest. Our squad depth isn't up to it. If we had, say Robbie Brady for 10mil, we could have had Milner in midfield today instead of Can. But our owners are careful with their money. They probably think someone should have to be sold for that to happen.

More to do with Klopp than the owners I'd be fairly sure.

If he can't sign anyone he really wants to sign for longterm there is no point in him signing anyone. If he was signing the likes of Robbie Brady for 10m just because he can't sign anyone better I wouldn't be too happy with the use of funds.

If we are signing players the caliber of Robbie Brady we will be righted fcuked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The rest of the top 6 has not signed anybody.
    The reason is that very good players will not be available to buy. It's not like playing Football manager.

Can just turned 23 and was youngest guy in line up today, he has also played all league games and cup games. He has had no break whatsoever since Dec.
    I'm at a loss to know why someone so young is used like a mule. He needs a break. Was no need for him today, Lallana should have been in midfield with an extra striker up front.

A draw is okay, maybe Hull and Burnley can do us a f.....nah.

MD1990 wrote: »
    The rest of the top 6 has not signed anybody.
    The reason is that very good players will not be available to buy. It's not like playing Football manager.

I'd take a chance on someone around 20, someone with work rate who scores a lot. Someone in a lower league in Europe or UK. Klopp could turn such a kid into a superstar.
    I figure if he has great work rate and goals, then he can be improved in quality. These players are two a penny.

I'd take a chance on someone around 20, someone with work rate who scores a lot. Someone in a lower league in Europe or UK. Klopp could turn such a kid into a superstar.
    I figure if he has great work rate and goals, then he can be improved in quality. These players are two a penny.

You mean like Origi? Or Markovic? Or any of the numerous players already in the reserves?

• Advertisement

You mean like Origi? Or Markovic? Or any of the numerous players already in the reserves?

Origi is used, he's quality.
    Markovic is too old and is what he is, poor, and an expensive mistake.
    I'd pay 5m tops for a chance on someone with potential, I'd tick two boxes, does he work hard, does he score. I don't care if he's in division 5 in Moldova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Can just turned 23 and was youngest guy in line up today, he has also played all league games and cup games. He has had no break whatsoever since Dec.
    I'm at a loss to know why someone so young is used like a mule. He needs a break. Was no need for him today, Lallana should have been in midfield with an extra striker up front.
    Origi is used, he's quality.
    Markovic is too old and is what he is, poor, and an expensive mistake.
    I'd pay 5m tops for a chance on someone with potential, I'd tick two boxes, does he work hard, does he score. I don't care if he's in division 5 in Moldova.

So Can at 23 is young but Markovic at 22 is too old :confused::confused:

Only you,Toby.

Hopefully Toby never applies for the role of director of football anyhow.

Seriously flawed logic IMO.
    Plenty strikers in the championship have great work rate & score. Quality isn't picked up on the training ground..... as our defence continues to show us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lads I'm drinking all day and I'm devastated. I tell myself not to care but I can't stop. **** everything.

We're still 3rd.....ppg is decent..... lots to play for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Things are so tight, we could do with smashing Swansea by 5 goals.

1 would have been nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Augeo wrote: »

Yes damage limitation was ok today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was at the game today. It was really poor fare. How can you concede 3 goals to a team that doesn't even attack. Players I rate like hendo and milner were really poor. The front 3 barely touched the ball all we did was pass the ball from hendo to either full back. Sturridge barely touched the ball when he came on. Firmino was excellent with the limited service he got and looked really sharp which was the only positive. Can was shocking.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »

Off a cliff on the form guide though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement