Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mormank wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the stats that Football manager has for players all around the world is remarkably accurate and has been used by actual premier league managers. I wouldn't consider myself a "Football manager lad" and am not quite sure what the correlation is between that and spending is but tbh slagging off the game like some sort of snob only succeeds in showing off your ignorance publicly if you ask me. It will get things wrong if that's what you're clinging onto, but so will any proffesional scout or manager.

I could be wrong, but when I see someone talking about "future manager lads", it isn't the accuracy of the game's scouting system they're talking about, it's the mentality of putting spending first without considering all the other aspects of the club for the medium/long term. The reality that comes attached to the 'fun' parts of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Markovic and Sakho in the same boat, no future at LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No one was talking FM literally - just the "buy/sell!, buy/sell!" mentality of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Buy Brady he's a good ok average ah look he plays left back because we have sh1t left backs.

Just buy for the sake of buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No one was talking FM literally - just the "buy/sell!, buy/sell!" mentality of fans.
    Fans seem to want lots of instant gratification these days regardless of the consequences for the club.

The ManU thread is ====>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Buy Brady he's a good ok average ah look he plays left back because we have sh1t left backs.

Just buy for the sake of buying.

The gas part of the Brady talk is that he isn't even a left back, not really. He gets played at left back, is all. There's a big flipping difference. He's hardly the answer to anyone with concerns about using Milner as a left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but when I see someone talking about "future manager lads", it isn't the accuracy of the game's scouting system they're talking about, it's the mentality of putting spending first without considering all the other aspects of the club for the medium/long term. The reality that comes attached to the 'fun' parts of football.

This is a mentality not exclusive to fans of Football manager. There are plenty of computer illiterate people out there with similar disregard for reality. We just don't see them here very often for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Doesn't look too dissimilar to the one we supposedly parked against United.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Doesn't look too dissimilar to the one we supposedly parked against United.

Well that one was clearly wrecked after such a sustained, deep, desperate hoof ball performance the club had to buy a new one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Well that one was clearly wrecked after such a sustained, deep, desperate hoof ball performance the club had to buy a new one :pac:

For a bus-parking side, we sure cough it up real sweet to ****ing Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This is a mentality not exclusive to fans of Football manager. There are plenty of computer illiterate people out there with similar disregard for reality. We just don't see them here very often for obvious reasons.

Mentioning Football Manager seems to have touched a nerve. It could have just as easily been the 'FIFA career mode' lads and the point would be the same.

After the loss on Saturday there were several people crying out for players to be bought in various positions and talking about the club refusing to spend. Those people crying seem to think it's as easy as making a list of players, making an offer and if the club refuse just bump up the offer/wages/goal or clean sheet bonus and boom, the player is yours. It's a two way process and if the other club don't want to engage in it now there's little Klopp or the owners can do.

...... but Rodgers just couldn't attract players

Pearce seems to confirm we will move for Brandt in the summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I look forward to the chase.

1. Club linked with him.
    2. People get excited, others say they know nothing of him.
    3. Some difficulties emerge. Club doesn't want to sell.
    4. Other club linked.
    5. Talk of us offering more money than he is worth.
    6. Klopp says he only wants player who wants to come.
    7. "We didn't want to sign him anyhow"
    8. Renewed talk he is signing.
    9. People talk of his as the greatest prospect ever.
    10. He signs for City/Chelsea/Utd/Bayern.

5starpool wrote: »
    I look forward to the chase.

1. Club linked with him.
    2. People get excited, others say they know nothing of him.
    3. Some difficulties emerge. Club doesn't want to sell.
    4. Other club linked.
    5. Talk of us offering more money than he is worth.
    6. Klopp says he only wants player who wants to come.
    7. "We didn't want to sign him anyhow"
    8. Renewed talk he is signing.
    9. People talk of his as the greatest prospect ever.
    10. He signs for City/Chelsea/Utd/Bayern.

11. We sign Brady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If we sign him, we really need to get a song for him using 'I'll be there for you' that Friends theme but not anything by REM.Brandt is an artist, he really sees the whole picture when he's on the pitch.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If we sign him, we really need to get a song for him using 'I'll be there for you' that Friends theme but not anything by REM.Brandt is an artist, he really sees the whole picture when he's on the pitch.

that joke hurt my brain and my soul.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    that joke hurt my brain and my soul.

Ya, poor effort Owayn. Off to pun night school with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Ya, poor effort Owayn. Off to pun night school with you.

I went to pun school once but got kicked out. I was always late. I've always been an impunctual person though.

• Advertisement

Jeysus. Have we not been punished enough?

Last few posts are the reason there's a 'joke' list that we just repeat constantly.

wlnwogesture2.jpg?quality=90&w=650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Last few posts are the reason there's a 'joke' list that we just repeat constantly.

Proven right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Still won't stop all the Football Manager lads on here crying 'Spend! Spend! Spend!'

Not exactly a regular here any more but I haven't witnessed this behavior recently?

Any examples - maybe the guys who thanked the post cab help if you don't have any at hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is it really so bad? Or are we doing a Brendan again, i.e. defend the manager regardless of any factual argument?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

corwill wrote: »
    The gas part of the Brady talk is that he isn't even a left back, not really. He gets played at left back, is all. There's a big flipping difference. He's hardly the answer to anyone with concerns about using Milner as a left back.

Its funny, all it takes is a Moreno Vs Brady debate (how its a debate is beyond me as Moreno is an utter liability with few redeeming features) and suddenly there's Brady "talk".

There isn't.

Big week to come this time next week we could be out of both cups and 13 points behind Chelsea.

repent-the-end-is-nigh-ye-must-be-cleansed.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

As long as there is no release clause for anything less than that in the contract. Maybe even more.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Massive week ahead. We could advance to a cup final, go further in the FA Cup and gain ground on Chelsea.

201203-omag-optimism-600x411.jpg

Honestly though, we're ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems like Van Dijk is going to miss the 2nd leg of the semi according to reports.

If he's out and with Fonte sold you'd have to hope there's a few goals there for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Mentioning Football Manager seems to have touched a nerve. It could have just as easily been the 'FIFA career mode' lads and the point would be the same.

After the loss on Saturday there were several people crying out for players to be bought in various positions and talking about the club refusing to spend. Those people crying seem to think it's as easy as making a list of players, making an offer and if the club refuse just bump up the offer/wages/goal or clean sheet bonus and boom, the player is yours. It's a two way process and if the other club don't want to engage in it now there's little Klopp or the owners can do.

Again, what you are referring to there is morrons, plain and simple, just because some of them play Fifa or Football manager is beside the point. I'm sure some of them play snooker too and it's touched a nerve in the same way that if I were a snooker player and you called them out. You seem to think that they became morrons because they played Fifa career mode and therein implies the same of everyone else who has ever mentioned the game.

Again, what you are referring to there is morrons, plain and simple, just because some of them play Fifa or Football manager is beside the point. I'm sure some of them play snooker too and it's touched a nerve in the same way that if I were a snooker player and you called them out. You seem to think that they became morrons because they played Fifa career mode and therein implies the same of everyone else who has ever mentioned the game.

Allegedly if you call them out for what they on are here they hit the report button and may get carded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

In fairness it's hard to work a Rembrandt joke into a soccer thread but in fairness to be I even throw in a friends reference.

But your right regarding the gogh to 'joke' list, if it's not baroque don't try to fix it.
    So it's always good to Rembrandt the list.

Anyway back to football, when's the ACON over because we're really missing Manet at the moment.
    And we really need to splash the Monet during the summer if we've any hope next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Seems like Van Dijk is going to miss the 2nd leg of the semi according to reports.

If he's out and with Fonte sold you'd have to hope there's a few goals there for us.

Somewhere in a Southampton thread they are saying if Liverpool play defenders there could be goals there for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That's not how I Rembrandt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Coutinho has signed a new 5 year contract with no release clause, brilliant news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Thats top news about Coutinho, he must be very happy at the club.

I was kinda expecting that "sign da ting" rubbish to rumble on for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Still won't stop all the Football Manager lads on here crying 'Spend! Spend! Spend!'

The crux of the matter is that we should have signed more in the summer as we knew mane was going and also Ings got injured...

We decided to 'wing' it..... and didnt take into account the other annual injuries we seem to get during the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Can we take a take a break from the transfer complaining for the morning, and just enjoy this signing instead:

elmGKj3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

that would be great news

Coutinho will almost certainly be after Sterling it Liverpools most profitable trade!

#FSGonlyinitforthemoney

oh yeah - up yours Barcelona. ("but we we never wanted him")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

great news on Phil. I honestly believe he is happy here and he values that and a coach that believes in him over anything else. He is still young if he keeps improving he'll get that big move all his countrymen dream of.

Again, what you are referring to there is morrons, plain and simple,

Not saying I disagree with you in some cases but just to clarify they're your words, not mine.
    just because some of them play Fifa or Football manager is beside the point. I'm sure some of them play snooker too and it's touched a nerve in the same way that if I were a snooker player and you called them out. You seem to think that they became morrons because they played Fifa career mode and therein implies the same of everyone else who has ever mentioned the game.

Again, I never called them morons or made generalisations about all football manager or Fifa players ( I occasionally play myself). I did suggest that some see real life negotiations as being as straight forward as those in the games.

mada999 wrote: »
    The crux of the matter is that we should have signed more in the summer as we knew mane was going and also Ings got injured...

We decided to 'wing' it..... and didnt take into account the other annual injuries we seem to get during the season...

I can understand that point of view. Earlier in the season I probably would've felt the same. I think it's a hangover from 'The Rodgers' good season and a feeling of this is a once off and we need to strike while the irons hot, but I think this is going to be us under Klopp and we'll consistently be in the mix under him. So I'm happy to let him add who he chooses when he chooses and watch the progession.

Great news on Coutinho, also the added bonus that it'll make the main man more likely to stick around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Keeping Coutinho is the best bit of business this window...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Rumours that Leon Bailey is heading to Bayer Leverkusen. I really hope we go in for him. He's the right kind of player and he's available. A young direct winger who's after banging in the goals in the Europa League.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement