Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

He was contracted until 2020 anyway iirc so it's effectively a two year extension, payrise & no release clause.

So we should see £50m+ if he leaves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Augeo wrote: »
    He was contracted until 2020 anyway iirc so it's effectively a two year extension, payrise & no release clause.

So we should see £50m+ if he leaves :)

What makes you think there's no release clause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sappy404 wrote: »

Was mentioned yesterday...

Sure Luis did the same before he went...

Sappy404 wrote: »

Someone in here said so :)
    I have no clue personally but realistically it matters little IMO

Fieldog wrote: »

True, but coutinho signing on with us until 2022 really puts the club in a great position should he move on in the next couple of years negotiation wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

True, but coutinho signing on with us until 2022 really puts the club in a great position should he move on in the next couple of years negotiation wise.

Exactly, let's just hope we at least get CL at this stage and he stays for a while...

....... let's just hope we at least get CL at this stage and he stays for a while...

To be fair to Klopp and the squad on the first half of the season they really don't deserve to be pr1cking about in the EL next season, as you say hopefully we get CL for next season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think with Coutinho & having Klopp as manager we have a much better chance of keeping our star player than we have in the past.

It would take a huge offer for him to leave. If Pogba cost 89m I would want 100m for Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So expect low ball bids before 1st of July then ;)
    There is no release clause in Coutinho's new contract, the terms of which come into effect from 1 July.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38741844?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Origi and Can are two kids that need time.
    People talk of Can like he's some seasoned pro, Stewart is older.

Can isnt a kid. He's 23 and has 7 German caps. He's had plenty of time, he needs to start putting in performances now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Can isnt a kid. He's 23 and has 7 German caps. He's had plenty of time, he needs to start putting in performances now.

He's not a machine either
    Could rest him and play Lallana in his preferred position
    Can has played all the games over Xmas and all the cup game and all the league games this year.
    He was brilliant against United. I'm sure if he was left out of next game he would be stronger for it going forward.
    You could argue that in fact it was a mistake playing him against Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lallana has to play CM tonight instead of Can.

I would go with Hendo - Lallana -Gini - Coutinho - Firmino - Ojo

We badly lack pace and directness upfront in that wide right area and Origi is not the answer and Sturridge couldn't give a flying f**k at the moment. His head is gone, like did he even touch the ball on Saturday. Also, playing either Sturridge or Origi means shunting Firmino out wide and you lose the best of both Coutinho & Firmino by doing that. Ojo has the natural pace that may hurt Southampton, can help stretch the field and create space in the middle and maybe even the surprise factor.

Having Lallana up front slows down our attacking movement and play, which is odd as he adds to it while in the middle. He is crucial to our centre mid play at this stage.

Of course that might have to change if Clyne is out again tonight as the rumours suggestm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good news about Coutinho and a boost to show that he believes in what Klopp is doing and the direction we're going. Remember we're only on year 2 and not the finished article yet.

I assume that Matip will start tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mada999 wrote: »
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Still won't stop all the Football Manager lads on here crying 'Spend! Spend! Spend!'

The crux of the matter is that we should have signed more in the summer as we knew mane was going and also Ings got injured...

Ings didn't get injured until October though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Could be a wind up but apparently Sakho to China for 53M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Had to be given we'd sell him for 20m.

Jaysus if we could get £53m for Sakho we might get double that for Daniel lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

8-10 wrote: »
    Ings didn't get injured until October though

Yup. And we signed enough players in the summer. We tried to sign two more but they weren't for sale. I'd rather we wait to get the right ones than sign some jobber for the sake of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As much as I would like to see him in the side if that money id true then ship him out get that Dahdoud chap in and another top CB and we are golden :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Not saying I disagree with you in some cases but just to clarify they're your words, not mine.

Again, I never called them morons or made generalisations about all football manager or Fifa players ( I occasionally play myself). I did suggest that some see real life negotiations as being as straight forward as those in the games.

Again, that's exactly what you did. And I quote "Still won't stop all the Football Manager lads on here crying 'Spend! Spend! Spend!'".
    I have highlighted the word all to illustrate that that is exactly what you did actually, I appreciate the backtracking but you should at least stand by what you said, or take greater care in wording your posts.
    If anything having played both Fifa and Football manager over the years has given me a greater understanding of how these things work, at least the process etc. I'm not stupid enough to assume that real life is like a computer game tho and don't appreciate you or anyone else suggesting/implying that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

murpho999 wrote: »
    Good news about Coutinho and a boost to show that he believes in what Klopp is doing and the direction we're going. Remember we're only on year 2 and not the finished article yet.

I assume that Matip will start tonight?

I hope Klopp is still leading us when Coutinho gets to his final year of the contract.

Was mentioned yesterday...

I don't know about anyone else but when Suarez signed his extension stipulating that he would get a big pay rise starting the following summer, that was the moment I knew he would be leaving in the summer. I mean, who signs a contract extension like that?

mormank wrote: »
    ...........who signs a contract extension like that?

Coutinho for one

Coutinho for one

Has he? I haven't had a chance to read up on the details. If so I'm not so worried. We all knew Suarez was leaving soon at the time anyway so having that in his contract narrowed down the timeframe for me. With Coutinho things would seem very different, but I could be wrong.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mormank wrote: »
    Has he? I haven't had a chance to read up on the details. If so I'm not so worried. We all knew Suarez was leaving soon at the time anyway so having that in his contract narrowed down the timeframe for me. With Coutinho things would seem very different, but I could be wrong.

Suarez had a cast iron release clause though, Coutinho doesn't by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Contacts don't mean ****.

If an offer of €60m comes in and Coutinho wants to leave then there is **** all that can be done really.

As it is he seems happy enough so that's good for Liverpool but I wouldn't be fooled by these release clauses. It's just another bull**** term to appease people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

brevity wrote: »

If an offer of €60m comes in and Coutinho wants to leave then there is **** all that can be done really.

As it is he seems happy enough so that's good for Liverpool but I wouldn't be fooled by these release clauses. It's just another bull**** term to appease people.

I'd say he's worth more than €60m with the way transfer fees have gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'd say the chances of Coutinho scoring 1 or 2 tonight in celebration of his new deal are fairly good. No doubt it will lift the team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

brevity wrote: »

€60m? The bar has been set with Pogba, Liverpool wouldn't be foolish to except any less. If there is genuinely no release clause then Coutinho is happy to stay at Liverpool as otherwise he has handed over a lot of power to the club. His agent is Kia, I'm surprised he left him sign a contract like this TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The point about release clauses is not to stop a player leaving it's to stop bull**** offers for A grade players who are happy at their club and that's all in my view. If Coutinho were unhappy then he'd look to leave and the offers made would reflect that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The point about release clauses is not to stop a player leaving it's to stop bull**** offers for A grade players who are happy at their club and that's all in my view. If Coutinho were unhappy then he'd look to leave and the offers made would reflect that.

Arsenal again, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wenger would love Coutinho to replace someone like Walcott or even Santi Cazorla

Wenger would love Coutinho to replace someone like Walcott or even Santi Cazorla

Whoever he's likely to join in the future, it will not be Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool team: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Lucas, Origi, Klavan, Woodburn, Wijnaldum.

No complaints with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

An early goal tonight will put the nerves at ease and fire up the crowd even more. Happy enough with the side and a big chance for sturridge to come good when its needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would have preferred Wijnaldum or Ejaria in midfield instead of Can, but otherwise happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would've preferred Origi starting, especially after Sturridge's 'performance' on Saturday.

What's the deal with Clyne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Happy enough to see a full strength team, they'll be rested at the weekend anyway.

Would've preferred Origi starting, especially after Sturridge's 'performance' on Saturday.

What's the deal with Clyne?

Heard it was a rib injury - one of those annoying injuries that need nursing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Glad to see Matip back, not so glad that Clyne misses out again. I'd have preferred Gini over Can but either way good to see Lallana being deployed a bit deeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Very happy with that team. It's still strong while also giving Can and Sturridge a chance to play themselves into a bit of form.
    More game time for TAA and Karius aswell to help their development.
    First choice cb pairing back together.

Daniel back while keeping a straight face :) Good player! haha I love Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Van Djyk out. Real blow for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Vicxas wrote: »
    Van Djyk out. Real blow for them.

I just found out that Fonte signed for the hammers. That was a nice boost.

Daniel back while keeping a straight face :) Good player! haha I love Klopp.

I've never seen anybody criticise one of our own players so much.

I think you'd be happy to see him fail and Liverpool go out so that you can come here and gloat.

• Advertisement

2 poor decisions from him there, could've played Firmino in but chose to run into players, and a shot straight at the keeper.

2 poor decisions from him there, could've played Firmino in but chose to run into players, and a shot straight at the keeper.

That can happen. Do you expect him to score every chance?

His moves are being over analysed and critiqued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That can happen. Do you expect him to score every chance.

Brothers be chucklin, innit.

Firmino also shot at the keeper and ran into players instead of playing in Sturridge, Coutinho just shot from 40 yards, lets nitpick every tiny little thing?

That can happen. Do you expect him to score every chance.

I rarely expect him to score these days tbh.

He seems reluctant to pass to Firmino or any player he considers competition. It's a lack of professionalism that contributes to him not being likeable.

Can and Henderson - the yin and the yin of our midfield.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement