Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

90 seconds in and United and Everton are both losing in there games. Not a bad Sunday so far.

99% sure it'll come back to bite me in the ass later at 90 minutes, but... I can't help myself

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

West Ham are a very limited team......

(C'mon the doc anti-jinx)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

NukaCola wrote: »
    West Ham are a very limited team......

(C'mon the doc anti-jinx)

That's all you need to be to beat Utd these days.

ebbsy wrote: »
    That's all you need to be to beat Utd these days.

West Ham are a bag of ****e lately, if they cant beat them at home they may as well pack up! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    How long roughly would someone be out for with an ankle ligament injury?

Eversion sprain takes twice as long as an inversion sprain roughly. More rare, to me it looked like an eversion sprain. Could be 3 months tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ricero wrote: »
    Jordan henderson has really stepped up this season and has been exceptional in the holding midfield role. His energy and tempo is key for us in the press and also in starting our attacks.

Fair play because i didnt think he would be capable in the role

I always thought he had the attributes to play there. Especially the way we play we can be quite open when we lose the ball so you need someone with pace to cover the ground. I assume its why klopp seems to play Lucas as a cb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Who do we reckon will start against Leeds? Can't see Klopp going for a fully changed team, he'll want to win it for sure.

But with the injuries we have, it'd be wise to drop a few. Obviously no Coutinho and Lallana, presumably Firmino will be out too.

Run outs for Alexander-Arnold, Stewart, Klavan and Ejaria maybe? With Origi up top and a recall for Mignolet and Moreno?

daithijjj wrote: »
    Eversion sprain takes twice as long as an inversion sprain roughly. More rare, to me it looked like an eversion sprain. Could be 3 months tbh.

:(

Could be out 'til March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apparently Liverpool is 10 points clear of a team about 35 miles away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

:) glory glory indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Apparently Liverpool is 10 points clear of a team about 35 miles away

And are +15 goals better off.

Ho Ho Ho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

10 points, effectively 11 with goal difference ahead of United now and just a third of the way through the season. I am very surprised how poor they've been so far, long may it last!

Its still amazing they are only 10 points off of us IMO.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Showing your class today lads, you're top of the league playing great football but still take the time to take the p1ss out of a crap United side.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Showing your class today lads, you're top of the league playing great football but still take the time to take the p1ss out of a crap United side.

We all need some comedy in our lives tbf.

It's very mild tbh.

It's not limited to this thread Nully :)

Think most people just pointing out how far ahead of United we are. We also are no longer top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New Southampton player on the scouting watch by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

you're top of the league

We are??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We're only second. Crap side.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    We're only second. Crap side.

I blame Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hook line and sinker.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Oh please,if it was the other way around, there's no doubt there would be much worse gloating happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What a time to be alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

United have no excuses

They spent loads on "world class", they hired a manager who was "world class" and they have a big squad.

They knew what they where getting when the got Jose who they claimed they would rather have then Klopp.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

New Southampton player on the scouting watch by the looks of it.

Very good debut by the next Lallana (Joshua Sims)

United deserve all they get tbh......

Hook line and sinker.

Speaking of sinking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Glico Man wrote: »
    99% sure it'll come back to bite me in the ass later at 90 minutes, but... I can't help myself

A draw and a defeat? I'll take it as a victory.

Also, regarding the "showing our class" comment?

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I blame Origi Averigi

Fixed that for ya.

Very underated keeper is Randolph.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Still none of our players would get in their side though.

32E83E5700000578-3526741-image-a-21_1459960512032.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seriously though it will be hard for United to get top 4 even at this early stage. Stating the obvious I know, but we know what it is like depending on 2 teams to drop down the table.

With how competitive this league is 10 points these days is more like 20 ten year ago. There are so many difficult ties to drop points in now compared to then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mr.H wrote: »
    United have no excuses

They spent loads on "world class", they hired a manager who was "world class" and they have a big squad.

They knew what they where getting when the got Jose who they claimed they would rather have then Klopp.....

I love the shifting goalposts....turns out it was the players fault all along.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Seriously though it will be hard for United to get top 4 even at this early stage. Stating the obvious I know, but we know what it is like depending on 2 teams to drop down the table.

With how competitive this league is 10 points these days is more like 20 ten year ago. There are so many difficult ties to drop points in now compared to then.

They play Spurs in the next few weeks I think. 6 pointer. Win that and they'll still be in the race. Leaving themselves a lot to do 2nd half of the season.

They look bang average with possibly the most expensive squad in the world. Either they are spending poorly or they have the wrong man at the helm....

Turtyturd wrote: »

That'll only work out for so long, Jose is running out of excuses. Pep and Conte didn't moan when they had a few bad games, Klopp didn't last year either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Surely if there are alot more games to potentially drop points in now than back then it is better to be 10 points behind now than it was then. If someone goes on a run of 7-8 wins like chelsea they will have caught up more ground than 20 years ago by your logic. The league being more competitive works both ways.

mormank wrote: »
    Surely if there are alot more games to potentially drop points in now than back then it is better to be 10 points behind now than it was then. If someone goes on a run of 7-8 wins like chelsea they will have caught up more ground than 20 years ago by your logic. The league being more competitive works both ways.

Well you've a top 6 now instead of 4. It's just basic math really, more opportunities to drop points. 6 into 4 doesn't go unlike 4 into 4! Then you have Southampton who have established themselves as a solid club.

With us and Chelsea on great runs, and Arsenal and City grinding out results the pressure is on Spurs and United. Used to be us trying to make up the ground most seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That'll only work out for so long, Jose is running out of excuses. Pep and Conte didn't moan when they had a few bad games, Klopp didn't last year either.

It will but in the mean time I am enjoying some of the clutching at straws going on amongst their fans.

'We had one more forward pass in this game than under the football genius or the philoshopher...that's progress.'

• Advertisement

It will but in the mean time I am enjoying some of the clutching at straws going on amongst their fans.

'We had one more forward pass in this game than under the football genius or the philoshopher...that's progress.'

In fairness thought his could be the 4th season of under achievement since SAF went so there seems to be a wider problem there than just the manager. Who'd have thought they'd qualify only once for CL in that time? The comparisons to our downfall are getting more realistic.

I don't actually mind United that much but watching the Jose soap opera there is more of a car crash than even Moyes. Not writing them off yet but that's a lot of pressure so early in, chances get missed, stupid goals get leaked, we know it only too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lads, ignore Utd. Seriously.

Well you've a top 6 now instead of 4. It's just basic math really, more opportunities to drop points. 6 into 4 doesn't go unlike 4 into 4! Then you have Southampton who have established themselves as a solid club.

With us and Chelsea on great runs, and Arsenal and City grinding out results the pressure is on Spurs and United. Used to be us trying to make up the ground most seasons.

Well yeah I get that but if you were 10 points behind 20 years ago and there were alot more gimmes in the league for the team you are chasing doesn't it stand to reason that you would have less hope of catching that team/teams?

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lads, ignore Utd. Seriously.

Oh yeah sure, after almost 30 years of nothing but arrogance and smugness mixed with sarcasm and insults from their fans now that they are doing poorly and we are doing well I'm just gonna ignore them! :rolleyes:

I'm not going for sainthood or anything so why the hell would I do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Oh yeah sure, after almost 30 years of nothing but arrogance and smugness mixed with sarcasm and insults from their fans now that they are doing poorly and we are doing well I'm just gonna ignore them! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We also play Man U in January , so they won't even get a chance for a moral victory by beating us in May to cost us the title.
    They're simply not worth a second thought or a passing mention .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

eigrod wrote: »

Split the difference... 25 it's more accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Split the difference... 25 it's more accurate

1993 to 2013. Nothing much to split them 2/3 years either side of that really.

Well yeah I get that but if you were 10 points behind 20 years ago and there were alot more gimmes in the league for the team you are chasing doesn't it stand to reason that you would have less hope of catching that team/teams?

Well to win the title yeah, being 4th in a 4 horse race makes you last, but if all 4 can place, well you've finished in the places anyway, there's no real competition.

Whereas now you've 6 horses, only 4 can place.

I think you are talking about winning the title, I'm talking top 4. At this stage we don't have a clue who'll win the title, but the top 4 is shaping up with 2 outsiders.

So these days you have a mini top 6 table instead of top 4, 2 teams and 4 more difficult ties in a season, more opportunities to drop points.

And that's before you mention Southampton, Everton and teams like Watford or a West Ham who have good seasons.

Really, all I'm saying is I'd much prefer to be in our position now than our usual 7th or 8th and hoping for 2 teams to mess it up, while going on probably title winning form to get 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Herrera said they did not know how they did not win as West Ham only had the ball for one minute:eek: Makes our possession stats look sh1te

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement