Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Woodburn needs to be played as a No 10 all the time, that's where his touch and vision can flourish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can anyone explain how a ref decides which way to give the free when the ball is coming out of the air and a defender comes over the top of the forward to try win the header?

Seems to be randomly given to the attacker some times and defender another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

All signs pointing towards three Anfield losses in a row, and with Chelsea to come next a fourth doesn't seem too unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Goodness, Moreno is ****ing useless!

F*ck off Randall.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Guaranteed top 4 now then, great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Morale will be rock bottom after this if we can't pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Klopp was not willing to take this seriously then he should have said so by playing the U23s be done with it.

Oh and if Randall and Moreno are your full backs you know things are bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lucas just sub yourself at half time and get a transfer before the month is out. brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

So is the mini crisis becoming a major one?

People saying our players are tired form klopps pressing game, most these lads have barely kicked a ball all year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yea it's not a lack of energy it's a lack of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So is the mini crisis becoming a major one?

People saying our players are tired form klopps pressing game, most these lads have barely kicked a ball all year

The squad isn't strong enough, that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

This is painful stuff. I said during the week that I'd prefer a win v Chelsea over a win in FA cup but jeezuz h crist! What kind of performance was that? Moreno!! He should take that jersey off and just retire from football. He can't defend, he can't pass, he can't cross. The only thing he is capable/liable to do is foul or get sent off. He is rubbish!! Sheeite defending by all of them. I don't care about the FA cup but I care that a Liverpool team actually gives some kind of decent account of themselves. WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It feels like there's a lot of worst games of the season going on at the moment but this probably is it.

I don't get what Klopp is trying to acheive with these lineups and these styles of play.

What does this look like when it's working? What is Klopp visualising?

Because the only thing I can imagine is that it's our front 4 each turning into Messi and dribbling through their whole defence.

Again there's no width. This is the biggest shambles of them all because in that context he's sending poor Randall, a lad who's probably not even Championship level, out there to try and provide it for us.

Moreno's done alright I think, except he overcommits against that Portuguese lad for their 2nd goal.

It's the same **** again. Just trying to force it through the middle.
    The lads know this doesn't work, so despite giving it a go, with Lucas trying to play some forward balls and lads trying to take the ball on the half turn, there's just no space so they're giving up and resorting to punting it up the pitch.
    It's rubbish, but what else can they do?

This is all down to Klopp. Entirely.
    He's really pissing me off at the moment because we're trying to do the same thing that hasn't ever worked and can't possibly ever work, week after week.

I don't ****ing understand. We weren't playing like this and I don't just mean quality wise at the start of the season. Why is he making us play this way? What's he trying to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

rob316 wrote: »
    Lucas just sub yourself at half time and get a transfer before the month is out. brutal

I was thinking the same thing about Moreno.

The squad isn't strong enough, that is all.

I said a couple of days ago that we need a few top signings only to be shot down.

It massively clear what we have outside our starting 11 (and even that isn't top notch) is extremely poor and isn't up to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nearly time to start looking towards the next game which is must win.......Cameroon this afternoon v Senegal!

8-10 wrote: »
    Nearly time to start looking towards the next game which is must win.......Cameroon this afternoon v Senegal!

Sad state If we're pinning our hopes and Mane returning and everything being ok again .

This is deeper than just Mane missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

How Moreno is allowed near a football pitch is beyond me. Quite a depressing January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Randall joins the list of players in there way out in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Wasn't really bothered about today until now, now that the prospect of our realistically competitive season being over already is becoming a stark reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When was the last game we actually played well? 2nd half to Middlesbrough or the game against Stoke? I know we won well (4-1), but I can't remember the game in all honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sad state If we're pinning our hopes and Mane returning and everything being ok again .

This is deeper than just Mane missing

Wasn't serious, I still think we have a chance here. But regardless I still want Cameroon to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've said it over and over, but Mane leaving shouldn't have prompted Klopp to change his entire set up. He's being too stubborn with this new set up that just doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thankfully I'm unable to watch a third consecutive home defeat against a rubbish side.
    I don't particularly care about the FA Cup but our form has been far more concerning, been abysmal the last month.
    Gone too late to buy; stuck with relying on strikers who can't score & clueless defenders

• Advertisement

Hope Klopp didn't just take Randall off but put him in a taxi and told him to get the f*ck outta the club and never come back.

Bizarre related stat of the day: Anfield's record attendance is 61,905 v Wolves in an FA Cup tie on 2 February 1952. There won't be hardly anybody left in the ground by comparison if it's 0-2 inside the last 10 mins today!

Lose this which is looking likely and our season boils down to a 16 game scrap to finish in the top 4.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hope Klopp didn't just take Randall off but put him in a taxi and told him to get the f*ck outta the club and never come back.

Jeez that's harsh. Klopp see the kid every day . He picked him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Randall joins the list of players in there way out in the summer.
    He was always on that list, today wasn't going to change that in any way.

• Advertisement

Lose this which is looking likely and our season boils down to a 16 game scrap to finish in the top 4.

That might work out fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sturridge to blame imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Sturridge to blame imo.

His pace is shocking today, gone past it. Should sell him to West Ham for 2 million.

Sturridge to blame imo.

Toxic influence.... sulking etc
    Obvious....& the mental issues OMG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Not sure about Coutinho's new Justin Bieber hair.

Complain about people talking about Sturridge...talk about Sturridge. :)

Complain about people complaining about talking about Sturridge...

2a6031c9d53d48fda501d84bac7089ff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He won't understand that either. :pac:

Gbear wrote: »
    Complain about people complaining about talking about Sturridge...

2a6031c9d53d48fda501d84bac7089ff

No complaint or attempt to do a Doughboy and censor the thread from me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i fcking hate those lazy running back offsides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No complaint or attempt to do a Doughboy and censor the thread from me. :)

Ah Doughboy I wonder whatever happened him?

The censor the thread one I always found funny come in and complain and post more about other posters who actually post about the club and it's players than posting about the club themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Is it still possible to get relegated? If we continue this form in the league....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That Conor Ronan plays underage for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Is it still possible to get relegated? If we continue this form in the league....

NO.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That Conor Ronan plays underage for Ireland.

Sign him up? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ejaria and Woodburn look promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Sign him up? ;)

Then Brady.

We haven't deserved the rub of the green today but the reffing has been an absolute shambles again. We've got absolutely **** all.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Ejaria and Woodburn look promising.

Ejaria doesn't look like he has a head on his shoulders IMO.

Technically quite good but his use of the ball and decision making seems poor, even for as young lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Where is your man from the United thread and we can tell him we didn't want to win it anyway... :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement