Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We won't score in a month of Sundays.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They all look like players who have never played before.

It's been the same for years, but if a team puts in a lot of effort against Liverpool and press us they will win far more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Jesus we're going to get murdered by Chelsea.

They're the recent tactics that have batted us aside so easily performed by a team made of players that are better than us in every position.

We'll have to play hugely negatively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We're in big trouble. I don't know where it came from but there's a big cloud hanging over anfield and morale looks low. Perplexing. Signings needed now I think, 1 at least for some inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dire again...small teams really have us figured out. Get everyone behind the ball and wait for the inevitable break/defensive f*ck up.

Well done Origi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

It's gonna be 4 losses in 4 at Anfield now tuesday too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gbear wrote: »
    Ejaria doesn't look like he has a head on his shoulders IMO.

Technically quite good but his use of the ball and decision making seems poor, even for as young lad.

I thought he showed plenty instances of good play with his quick feet and was always looking to get the ball forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm not one to complain to often but this is the worst month I can remember of supporting Liverpool.

The team just looks lost/devoid of ideas. It's hard to watch to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Embarrassing to see people leave the ground with 10 mins to go - I hope they regret it now.

Should be putting the likes of that away.

• Advertisement

How the hell was that not a red

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm not one to complain to often but this is the worst month I can remember of supporting Liverpool.

I can actually empathise with what Arsenal fans go through every February.

Seasons' over.

Re-title the thread now.

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Meltdown 2016/2017 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The single worst week I can remember as a Liverpool fan. 3 home losses in a row, there's not been a second of any game that I even considered a win was possible. Klopp has some serious problems to fix, his selections have been so obviously wrong for over a month now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least this loss will make some happy who wanted to see us out of the cup.

Gbear wrote: »
    Seasons' over.

Our season rests on top 4 not the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Klopp needs to turn some of those hugs into a belly to belly suplex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Shocking stuff

Two weekends of football in a row, ruined before 3pm.

Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Karius poor for the first goal otherwise okay - one decent blocking save from an offside position
    Gomez lack of strength and fitness predictably exposed late in the game.
    Ejaria weakened likewise
    Woodburn doing his best in hard circumstances for a 17 year old - arguably the best LFC player overall.
    Randall terrible and can be binned off.
    Klavan mediocre

Moreno better as a wingback but still mainly terrible.
    Lucas unable to cope with the pace
    Wijnaldum out of position esp in the second half - he is not a CM any day of the week
    Origi and Firmino badly served and off the boil (though the former did score at least)
    Sturridge and Coutinho (Neymar haircut is a bit much) didn't add that much at all, Can did okay but all three should have been on at HT if they were really going to have a chance to turn 0-2 into a win.

Klopp though can take the main criticism. What is he doing? Constant switching of players, positions and formations has led to an inevitable confusion and uncertainty among both experienced and those not. Are they tired in the body or tired in the mind or is it both. The side is broken and the manager is the one to blame right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

As bad as when he who shall not be named managed us and as bad as Rodgers before he got the chop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Joke of a performance. No where near good enough. They got exactly you what they deserved. Credit to Wolves.

Bring on Chelsea, can't get much worse can it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Joke of a performance. No where near good enough. They got exactly you what they deserved. Credit to Wolves.

5starpool wrote: »

That's like the poster a while back who wanted to lose to Southampton in the semis so we wouldn't lose to utd in the final.

Bet he's happy now.

5starpool wrote: »

I'm not happy with that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

We have zero chance of finishing top 4. This shyte team will be lucky to get 6th place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

ShamoBuc wrote: »

They'll go and beat Chelsea 3-1!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What a month - 1 win, 4 losses, 3 draws.

Sunderland D
    Plymouth D
    Southampton L
    Manchester Utd D
    Plymouth W
    Swansea L
    Southampton L
    Wolves L

It's a huge capitulation but it's very easy to see why it happened. Our early season form was almost solely down to the combination of Firmino, Coutiniho, Lallana and Mane playing out of their skin. Our goalkeeper and defence have been a shambles from the start. And as soon as that group of attackers was disrupted (injuries, ACN and in Firmino's case form) we went to ****.

Having said that - the season is not over. We can still qualify for the Champions League but Klopp needs to stop the rot immediately.

The fact that our squad is so thin and we failed to sign a single player in January is fairly inexcusable.

• Advertisement

Is that something you can cheer?

There's nothing more to really play for. It'll be a totting up process in May to see where we are but week to week there's nothing left to go for.

If it was FIFA you'd simulate the rest of the season.

We have zero chance of finishing top 4. This shyte team will be lucky to get 6th place.

Back in times of crisis I see.

Zero chance?

Would love to see the calculations for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Manager has to take blame for today. As soon as I saw the under-strength lineup I knew an upset was likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone watching BT? Tell us what Klopp says afterwards

Playing a hairdresser up front = zero chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

a hodgsonesque performance. pathetic bar woodburn, the only one who tried.

Moreno, Randall and lucas I would be happy to see gone by Wednesday.

I couldn't give a **** how much of a panic buy it is or how much the club pay, we need a player or 2 before the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Are you a mod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus Christ I'd love to strangle people who say it's only the cups,its all about top 4 , what a load of horse ****,this club exists for trophies full stop,well it used to anyway,im gutted we are gone from the cups,absoloutly gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If you can't laugh what can you do.

I've been laughing for 3 weeks straight now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

In fairness it's only the cup, Klopp isn't interested obviously with the team he put out, bigger fish to fry

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »
    Manager has to take blame for today. As soon as I saw the under-strength lineup I knew an upset was likely.

He sees the players week to week.

For example, we know that Milner looks an absolute wreck at the moment.
    I don't have a problem with resting players who probably needed it, or not rushing players back who can't hack it yet.

What's puzzling me are the tactics.
    If players are so bad that they can't even do a job then why are they here?
    How **** do some of the squad players have to be that we have to play players out of position or that we have to completely throw our gameplan that was working in the bin?
    It's that or Klopp has repeatedly used the same useless tactics week after week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I'd love to strangle people who say it's only the cups,its all about top 4 , what a load of horse ****,this club exists for trophies full stop,well it used to anyway,im gutted we are gone from the cups,absoloutly gutted

Them days are gone man. Let's not fool ourselves. We have to prioritise. All the top clubs treat the fa cup this way. That is just modern football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

An absolutely startling collapse to our season.

1 January: We sat in 2nd on 43pts, 6pts behind the leaders. Still in both domestic cups.

28 January: Now in 4th on 45pts, 10pts behind the leaders. Knocked out of both domestic cups. Potentially 5th and 13pts behind the leaders by 1 Feb.

FORM since 1 January: D-D-L-D-W-L-L

The worst part is all these results are the fair result given our performances in those games. I won't gripe about offsides or anything, its down to Klopp to fix this team. 16 games to go - just get Top 4 now, salvage something from this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

At least we know there isn't a single player available that would improve the team :rolleyes:

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A good manager can only paper over the weakness of the squad for so long. There was zero investment in the squad in the summer, and the club made a profit on transfers. The squad started showing signs of tiredness and fatigue at the start of January and still nothing is spent and now we're seeing the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Nobody remembers when we finish top 4 but remember when we win trophies an absolute shambles again today with the manager making yet another balls of it
    Beaten three time at home in a week
    Liverpool are no better now under klopp than when he took the job
    He has a serious job ahead of him whether he is capable or not is another thing I hope he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Anyone watching BT? Tell us what Klopp says afterwards

Klopp: 'Very bad performance. Started bad, didnt get better. Not a lot of of good things you can say about this game'.

'There's a lot you learn about players in games like this but in responsible 100%.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

shamrock55 wrote: »

Winning cups is good, of course. But the other poster said our season is done as a result of being out of the cups, which is absolute nonsense. I can assume that we all want the club to progress - is there a better way to progress than qualifying for next season's Champions League? More likely to attract better players and more money to sign them with. As a result of that, we'll be in better shape to actually win a competition next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

niallo27 wrote: »
    Them days are gone man. Let's not fool ourselves. We have to prioritise. All the top clubs treat the fa cup this way. That is just modern football.

Bull****

rob316 wrote: »
    a hodgsonesque performance. pathetic bar woodburn, the only one who tried.

Moreno, Randall and lucas I would be happy to see gone by Wednesday.

I couldn't give a **** how much of a panic buy it is or how much the club pay, we need a player or 2 before the window closes.

Thing is, as bad as these players are, we can't get rid of them till summer. Our squad is too thin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement