Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Call me crazy but I'd be starting Moreno on the wing against Chelsea. He's not a good player but we're so desperate for pace, even today when he pushed forward he at least created some space. We've seen time and time again what a player with pace, regardless of their quality, can do. We've been shown up by the likes of Long, Redmond, Gomez, and fcuking Routledge recently. They're not particularly good players but they are fast, and we've been so desperately slow lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nobody remembers when we finish top 4 but remember when we win trophies an absolute shambles again today with the manager making yet another balls of it
    Beaten three time at home in a week
    Liverpool are no better now under klopp than when he took the job
    He has a serious job ahead of him whether he is capable or not is another thing I hope he is

I know you only post here when you can get a swipe at Klopp but you should post more often, you're posts a f*cking hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Winning cups is good, of course. But the other poster said our season is done as a result of being out of the cups, which is absolute nonsense. I can assume that we all want the club to progress - is there a better way to progress than qualifying for next season's Champions League? More likely to attract better players and more money to sign them with. As a result of that, we'll be in better shape to actually win a competition next season.

Do you honestly believe we will qualify for cl now,i seriously can't see it TBH,weve been found out,klopp only knows one way to play,and our team and squad is piss ordinary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal at Anfield next so at least we know February will be betteahahahahah. Kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Bull****

No major trophies in 10 years would prove otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nobody remembers when we finish top 4 but remember when we win trophies an absolute shambles again today with the manager making yet another balls of it
    He has a serious job ahead of him whether he is capable or not is another thing I hope he is

14 points better than same point last season I think and yes today was a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Massive test to get this side going again. They look ****ed and clueless. Any team would fancy their chances currently. Thats the biggest worry. The fear put on other side's is gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bull****

6 of the last 10 FA cups have been won by top teams and the **** teams that won it beat top teams in the final.

It's the same story in the league cup - 7/10 by top teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Bull****

Absolutely right Shamrock. Football is about winning trophies and always will be. So angry at that s***e today. Effectively out of 3 competitions in a week.
    But hey, we'll get the rest we clearly need every long week between games for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal at Anfield next so at least we know February will be betteahahahahah. Kill me.

These teams won't park the bus though so should be more room. Why so negative.

14 points better than same point last season I think and yes today was a shambles.

Get the f*ck outta here with your facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Do you honestly believe we will qualify for cl now,i seriously can't see it TBH,weve been found out,klopp only knows one way to play,and our team and squad is piss ordinary

Do I believe we will qualify? I honestly don't know. Do we have a chance? We're currently in 4th so of course we have. Is our season over today (ie. nothing to play for?) Absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Things are much better now than when he took the job. This month has been the perfect storm for things going wrong. I'm still confident we will get top 4 need to win one of the next two with a good performance though.

Klopp only knows one way to play

The issue isn't that the way we've been playing has been found out.

We're not playing the same system that worked so well for us.
    We were dicking teams every week with that system.

That stopped when we stopped using the system and started using this dog **** we've been trying lately that involves having everyone stand around the middle of the pitch and expect teams to just let us pass the ball through the middle of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Today wad a shambles and the last month has been a shambles absolutely but the same people jumping on Klopp are the same ones that constantly defended Rodgers after nearly 18 months of ****e performances leads me to think some posts are agenda driven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Don't understand today at all from Klopp

Opportunity to get the first team to gel again and he throws that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

niallo27 wrote: »

True enough and on the bright side surely we can't get any worse??

Lets hope Cameroon do us a favour later.

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type :)

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Today wad a shambles and the last month has been a shambles absolutely but the same people jumping on Klopp are the same ones that constantly defended Rodgers after nearly 18 months of ****e performances leads me to think some posts are agenda driven.

Add in the fact that he has removed their favourite player as the teams focal point.

No major trophies in 10 years would prove otherwise.

Just proves to me that we have been **** the last 10 years,chelsea(4)arsenal(2)mancity,and man utd,have all won the fa cup in last 10 years,do you still say big clubs don't want to win it??

I'm fine with Klopp only knowing one way to play if it's good enough. His style of play hasn't been found out lately, but rather he's changed it to one that clearly isn't working. We're not playing like we were 3 months ago, players are being played out of position in a system with no width and no runners. I'm not worried about Klopp only having one great way to play, I'm worried as to why he's changed it and has been so stubborn lately.

• Advertisement

Just proves to me that we have been **** the last 10 years,chelsea(4)arsenal(2)mancity,and man utd,have all won the fa cup in last 10 years,do you still say big clubs don't want to win it??

My point is that we are not at that level and we have to accept that or else we will constantly go through a string of managers and go no where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Things are much better now than when he took the job. This month has been the perfect storm for things going wrong. I'm still confident we will get top 4 need to win one of the next two with a good performance though.

Perfect storm? Home to Plymouth, made a balls of it. Home to bottom team in the league, made a balls of it. Home to Southampton in 2nd leg and were awful. Home to a championship side in the FA Cup and now we're out. Our fixtures were favourable, the problem was the squad depth. 3 windows in a row now where there was no net investment in the playing squad. Klopp is doing miracles given what he is up against.

Why so negative,mmmm I wonder

redzerdrog wrote: »

What you'll actually find is the same entitled man-babies who turned on Rodgers early doors will be the same people turning on Klopp.

I haven't seen anyone turning on Klopp, bar some dickheads on twitter.

He's here on a 7 year contract. He's supposed to make us win but Rome can't be built in a day.

It doesn't take much ****ing up or poor circumstances to end a cup run but the measure of real progress is in the league and we've more points than Leicester did at this point last season, never mind Liverpool.

While it's frustrating that he didn't invest as much as he might've, we can hardly turn on him for only making us a lot better and not making us instantly the best team around.

The big difficulty at the moment is that all our ****ness has arrived in one festering package. If we'd had our poor league results sprinkled over the course of the season more evenly and had gone out of the league cup before Christmas, I reckon people would be happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

I haven't been too impressed with opponents of Chelsea taking on the 3-4-3 formation for one game against them but I feel Klopp should try it out v Chelsea. It's obvious something isnt right since we lost Mane.

Karuis/ Mig
    Can Lovern Matip
    Clyne Hendo Lallana Milner
    Countinho Firmino
    Sturridge/ Orgri

I think we need a change in system. We can still have a front central three that float into different positions and our wing backs can still provide the width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fact ugly pitch , need to improve on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Not much to add other than the belief that if you go to a football match and boo the team you're there to support then you're a glory hunting, Sky Sports generation fuckwad.

Brego888 wrote: »
    Absolutely right Shamrock. Football is about winning trophies and always will be. So angry at that s***e today. Effectively out of 3 competitions in a week.
    But hey, we'll get the rest we clearly need every long week between games for the rest of the season.

Out of THREE competitions? Ah jaysus come on. We are currently 4th in the table. If we are giving up altogether whats the point of it all............?

mosstin wrote: »
    Not much to add other than the belief that if you go to a football match and boo the team you're there to support then you're a glory hunting, Sky Sports generation fuckwad.

Sometimes you need to Boo
    It was a long time coming and a first for Klopp
    You need to rattle cages

mosstin wrote: »

Don't think there was a lack of application today or ay any point recently.

That's the only justification for booing IMO, and for giving players much in the way of stick in general.

It's like with Moreno. He gets dogs abuse but I'd see that as akin to kicking a puppy when it wees on the carpet. He's not trying to be brainless. He's just a bit mental and can't help himself.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    6 of the last 10 FA cups have been won by top teams and the **** teams that won it beat top teams in the final.

It's the same story in the league cup - 7/10 by top teams.

I agree with you

Sometimes you need to Boo
    It was a long time coming and a first for Klopp
    You need to rattle cages

Disagree completely. It damages confidence in players and they start to play safer. Moreno is a prime example of that today. Tried nothing adventurous for fear of upsetting a crowd on edge already.

Fsg are to blame for all this,but I'm sure they are happy with their bank accounts and that's all that matters really isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Out of THREE competitions? Ah jaysus come on. We are currently 4th in the table. If we are giving up altogether whats the point of it all............?

Yes out of 3 competitions. We won't win the league now and I don't consider the "top 4" trophy a competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

doc_17 wrote: »
    Perfect storm? Home to Plymouth, made a balls of it. Home to bottom team in the league, made a balls of it. Home to Southampton in 2nd leg and were awful. Home to a championship side in the FA Cup and now we're out. Our fixtures were favourable, the problem was the squad depth. 3 windows in a row now where there was no net investment in the playing squad. Klopp is doing miracles given what he is up against.
    the squad depth is the problem and I'd expect things to pick up now that things will settle down fixture wise. I'd be all about top 4 this season and then klopp will increase his squad accordingly. I'd be looking at our league fixtures as the true measure of where we are at. Sunderland away we played alright I'd say unfortunate that we had a high intensity game against city so close to it. Utd away was an acceptable performance. The Swansea game last week was dreadful.

Karma25 wrote: »
    Disagree completely. It damages confidence in players and they start to play safer. Moreno is a prime example of that today. Tried nothing adventurous for fear of upsetting a crowd on edge already.

I even wonder about that time on the break where he was surging down the left with the ball.

The crowd saw Origi's run and urged Moreno to pass, when there wasn't any pass on (other than some ludicrous Kaka-level through ball behind the defender).
    It looked like he did it because the crowd told him to, when he would've been better holding on to the ball, maybe beating a man or at least waiting for a different angle.

Hard to know for sure, but he does look like he's playing with fear at the very least when he's on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Did the fans start booing on 1st Jan?

Its been safety first from players all month

Fsg are to blame for all this,but I'm sure they are happy with their bank accounts and that's all that matters really isn't it

To quote you: bull****.

They've brought Klopp in and given him all the support he wants.

They can take flak for how they handled Kenny and Rodgers but they've handed the reins over now.

If Klopp won't spend the money we've presumably got coming out our ears like everyone else, then that's down to him.

Maybe they shouldn't accept his long term plan and demand that he maximises things season to season, but I certainly don't think you can blame them for putting trust in a proven manager like Klopp, particularly when they tried the other way and it most assuredly did not lead to sustained success.

Moreno is a clown, dresses like one and plays like one.
    He has no bottle as a man or a player
    Should join Sakho in the wilderness .

• Advertisement

Brego888 wrote: »
    Yes out of 3 competitions. We won't win the league now and I don't consider the "top 4" trophy a competition.

I'm afraid the financial rewards of CL football plus the related factor of being able to attract better players dictate otherwise. I understand your point, buts the way it is now unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Brutal stuff, in complete freefall now :mad::mad: but next year will be our year... or the year after that... or the year after that :mad:

You can't say Klopp wasn't given money to spend, he ended the summer with nothing spent so obviously there was money in the bank available to him. He just didn't spend it, for right or wrong it's not FSG's fault.

I'm afraid the financial rewards of CL football plus the related factor of being able to attract better players dictate otherwise. I understand your point, buts the way it is now unfortunately.

CL money won't make that much of a difference.

Particularly when we're only buying as much as Klopp deems we need, rather than just spending all our budget.

And as for CL being a pull-factor, maybe, but I don't think teams trust us yet, and Klopp has been adamant that the players we sign don't do so on that basis.
    It'll have some impact, even if nobody comes out and says it, but given how volatile things are in the league, the PL is a bad place to come if you want guaranteed CL every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

It's only the league and FA cup. You get no credit for winning them so I don't know why everyone loses their minds when we're knocked out of them. I'm glad most of these abject performances came in the cups. We're still in a great position in the league.

• Advertisement

I even wonder about that time on the break where he was surging down the left with the ball.

The crowd saw Origi's run and urged Moreno to pass, when there wasn't any pass on (other than some ludicrous Kaka-level through ball behind the defender).
    It looked like he did it because the crowd told him to, when he would've been better holding on to the ball, maybe beating a man or at least waiting for a different angle.

Hard to know for sure, but he does look like he's playing with fear at the very least when he's on the ball.

In this age of football players are so accessible through twitter and other social media. The amount of abuse must be unreal. Just look at hastag Moreno now and you have people saying Randall should have stayed on and Moreno should have been taken off.

He had blamed for Liverpool losing a trophy last year. It would be hard not to take it personally he is human after all. I personally think he will never recover his career at Liverpool.

I don't care about the pull factor of the Champions League, I don't care about the financial gain from the Champions League, I just want to see a Liverpool team back in the biggest tournament in club football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Moreno is a clown, dresses like one and plays like one.
    He has no bottle as a man or a player

Ridiculous. Whether you like him or not, he gives it socks. I thought he was Liverpools best player today (best of a bad lot).

You can't say Klopp wasn't given money to spend, he ended the summer with nothing spent so obviously there was money in the bank available to him. He just didn't spend it, for right or wrong it's not FSG's fault.

You might even think he doesn't want to do a Rafa and rock the boat, but he's always been candid about deals that didn't go through and there wern't any major signings we missed out on because of a lack of money.

We were eyeing both Pulisic and Dahoud towards the end of the window.
    If there was no money left we wouldn't have even been considering them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CL money won't make that much of a difference.

Particularly when we're only buying as much as Klopp deems we need, rather than just spending all our budget.

And as for CL being a pull-factor, maybe, but I don't think teams trust us yet, and Klopp has been adamant that the players we sign don't do so on that basis.
    It'll have some impact, even if nobody comes out and says it, but given how volatile things are in the league, the PL is a bad place to come if you want guaranteed CL every year.

The significantly higher wages surely offsets that a fair bit though, doesn't it? Only in China and the Middle East will you earn more, and you'll never play CL football over there of course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement