Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

YPOTY is U23 isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Here's is a question we all use the term he's a young player.

Now at what age does a player stop being young?

Twenty starts in the first team. You're a player then if your any good.

Starting Woodburn would light a fire under a few of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Here's is a question we all use the term he's a young player.

Now at what age does a player stop being young?

Coutinho was young when we bought him, not so much now, 25 in June
    Can is quite a bit young than Coutinho, has nearly 2 years on him.
    Can should improve like Coutinho did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was that him running lazily back for the second with his hand in the air in a vain attempt to influence the lines man to bail him out ?

If it was we can never complain about other teams players trying to influence the officials as he'd have run off the bench to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Whip around for Charlie 19.

Everyone ok with paypal?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Everyone ok with paypal?

We have to sort out the details first. Is it just the regulars paying or do the ones who only show up after a loss have to pitch in too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

33.3% chance of Utd doing the same and maybe worse so don't dunk your day yet lads. The Weekend has only started. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Few jagerbombs s be grand pur year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We have to sort out the details first. Is it just the regulars paying or do the ones who only show up after a loss have to pitch in too?

Everyone welcome, including multiple accounts.

I should easily make a score from Rarnes alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Everyone welcome, including multiple accounts.

I should easily make a score from Rarnes alone.

Make sure you ask around the United thread for a few quid. They don't want it anyway sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lucas has obviously been a bit of a club legend, but watching him mince around the pitch like he was wearing concrete shoes was hard to watch. Think it's time he moved on, Italian league would suit him great. Moreno on the other hand, I have no time for whatsoever. Ran around like a total headless chicken, he literally has no footballing brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

"Liverpool providing private jet for Sadio Mane to return from Gabon today. Likely to be on bench v Chelsea"

Some good news I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Korat wrote: »
    33.3% chance of Utd doing the same and maybe worse so don't dunk your day yet lads. The Weekend has only started. :)

It's a 6.25 % of Utd doing the same but hey who's being pedantic 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Now that we're out, I'd prefer the other top 6 teams stay in the FA Cup as long as possible. Likewise the EL/CL. More matches, more fatigue, more dropped points.

It feels like we're going to need all the help we can get just to finish Top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We've 16 games left and are currently in the top 4 , out of both Cups. No Europe and a few days left in transfer window to bolster - even loan deals.

If we don't get top 4, it can only be Klopps fault .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We win the nxt 16 games we win the league

They should do a WWE style return for Mane. Name him on the bench but he's not actually there for kick off, have the camera constantly cutting to his empty seat and Sky/BT have a reporter at the players entrance to give updates throughout the game. Eventually on 80 minutes Klopp has had enough of playing with 10 men and is about to sub Sturridge for Moreno when Mane storms through the door, shoving the reporter out of the way, and tears onto the pitch to save the day.

Or smacks Conte in the face with a steel chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We win the nxt 16 games we win the league

Even then it would be unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Gbear wrote: »
    Even then it would be unlikely.
    You don't think 93 points wins the league ! God we really are deluded in here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You don't think 93 points wins the league ! God we really are deluded in here .

Meh. Chelsea are on course for 95.

It might be enough but this Chelsea team are incredibly resilient.

I'd love to see the stats on the end of season games for champions in seasons with close races vs those without, but my impression is that teams tend to take their foot off the pedal if they don't have to keep winning.
    I think that's what makes 90+ points totals less common than they should be.
    Of course it's possible that those teams are also rotating more as well because they've got other competitions to focus on, which Chelsea won't as much.

If Chelsea are pushed I don't think they'll struggle to get 90.

The title race appeared to be over after Bournemouth.
    It's not just about points.
    January made the maths go against us, but we showed prior to that that we really did not look like Champions even when we were on form.

In essence, it's the difference between being able to be on form and still drop points, vs performing well but still having the wherwithal to win regardless.

At any rate, we have neither the quality or the bottle to get 16 wins on the spin.
    In a race where who blinks first loses, I'd back Chelsea and their squad of players who've won things over ours, who mostly haven't won anything of note and have generally failed most of their recent tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

disappointing the way mane lost but hopefully he has a bit fire in him now coming back. desperately need his pace and importantly aggression.

I'd. Imagine the ACON will have taken more out of him than if he had remained here... be great if he was back to peak form but I don't think he was that when he set off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Randall off to Barnsley on loan for the season. Hopefully it becomes permanent.....

LFC fans can watch other, lesser, teams spending huge amounts of money on crap players. Liverpool probably have their best manager in 30 years but he's operating on a shoestring compared to the teams he's supposed to compete with.

I'd be furious.

• Advertisement

...... folks seem to be sure this is the Klopp way. I honestly don't know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

LFC fans can watch other, lesser, teams spending huge amounts of money on crap players. Liverpool probably have their best manager in 30 years but he's operating on a shoestring compared to the teams he's supposed to compete with.

I'd be furious.

I'm sure he has money to spend if he wants to. Maybe he is seeing the bigger picture.

It's a 6.25 % of Utd doing the same but hey who's being pedantic 😜

Says who?

Bookies are there to take your money.

Odds are what they say they are. People who make money or lose it don't rely on someone else to make or influence their choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

They should do a WWE style return for Mane. Name him on the bench but he's not actually there for kick off, have the camera constantly cutting to his empty seat and Sky/BT have a reporter at the players entrance to give updates throughout the game. Eventually on 80 minutes Klopp has had enough of playing with 10 men and is about to sub Sturridge for Moreno when Mane storms through the door, shoving the reporter out of the way, and tears onto the pitch to save the day.

Or smacks Conte in the face with a steel chair.

"You couldn't make this shit up."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

sword1 wrote: »
    Anyone follow leandro parades? Sounds like a likely target anyway
    We were linked with a move for him last summer, but Roma reportedly didn't want to sell. Since then he hasn't displaced De Rossi/Nainggolan/Strootman in the team so his agent is probably trying to get him a move elsewhere.

He's the right age profile for Klopp and would certainly be an improvement on what we have in terms of a defensive midfielder/playmaker. His tackling would be a concern though, there can be a bit of Latino bite in his tackles that you come to expect from Argentinian defensive midfielders.

• Advertisement

Klopp has huge respect for money. He is fearful of spending the clubs money because of it.
    One player can change a side though. I much prefer a 60m pound player of proven quality over 100m pounds spent on 6 players who don't make team.
    What do people know of Diego Rolán ??
    I think he's worth a bid, he's at that age where 3 years at Liverpool makes him a 100m pound man. I'm sure 20 could buy him now ?

This is guy I speak of
    He could be our new dancing queen
    Replacing Sturridge ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Transfer market values him at 8million, I know it is a poor indicator, would he be a very similar player to origi

His pace and power with ball is ideal for a Klopp team. It's embarrassing as a club to need a player like this, to have the money to buy him but to choose not too.

sword1 wrote: »
    Transfer market values him at 8million, I know it is a poor indicator, would he be a very similar player to origi

More Suarez like,very skilful player with ability to pass dribble score assist and unlike Origi he is very much a fighter on the pitch, like a Costa.

Origi is very honest and does not get in the faces of defenders like a striker always should. We need a hard ass .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We need a hard ass .

I got this,Harry.

williams.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

When does the window shut? Is it Tuesday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tuesday night.

We should put in bids for Costa, Harazd, Willian & Courtois at 6pm on Tuesday.

Tuesday night.

We should put in bids for Costa, Harazd, Willian & Courtois at 6pm on Tuesday.

A bid for Rolan Rat would be just fine
    I know he could triple in price with 3 years at Liverpool

Everton bid for him in summer ? 15m offered, they wanted 3m more ??

• Advertisement

Says who?

Bookies are there to take your money.

Odds are what they say they are. People who make money or lose it don't rely on someone else to make or influence their choices.

If you think the Utd price is way out where us the value in that market so as the over round isn't at all out of the way :)

Augeo wrote: »
    If you think the Utd price is way out where us the value in that market so as the over round isn't at all out of the way :)

Price?

You're playing someone else's game.

Don't gamble, is my rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Leandro Paredes NOT coming to Liverpool as club prepare to end January without making any signings

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leandro-paredes-not-coming-liverpool-12523557

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So surprises there really, the message was put out about two weeks before the window was seen never mind opened.

So no one leaving no one coming in. The trouble with this is if we ship out a lot of players in summer and replace them with unproven talent it puts us into this phase of rebuilding that we seem to have been in for 25 years.

The way I look at the last few weeks is Klopp has basically rested as many first team starters as possible giving them a mini winter break during the cup games.

It has shown the lack of depth in the squad but it also killed momentum that had been built up before January.

If he gets the normal starting 11 back for the last 16 games I think we can get that momentum back pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

The way I look at the last few weeks is Klopp has basically rested as many first team starters as possible giving them a mini winter break during the cup games.

It has shown the lack of depth in the squad but it also killed momentum that had been built up before January.

If he gets the normal starting 11 back for the last 16 games I think we can get that momentum back pretty quickly.

If they don't get injured and if they are in form, we are short a couple of players and it is a shame, hopefully some player will be made available to the club before the window closes and they will be in a good negotiating position due to saying they were not signing anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont get why people think Klopp isn't telling the truth when it comes to transfers. He will only bring in players that he can get and are right for him as shown from 14 years in Germany.

Klopp brought in 16 players in 14 January transfer windows. Even when was building the Dortmund squad and Mainz he brought in 1 player in his first 2 Jan transfer windows at Mainz and 1 player in his first 2 Jan transfer windows at Dortmund.

We have to accept this is the way he operates. Like it or hate it, if you want Klopp here this is what you are getting.

Other than Everton signing Schneiderlin who have the other 5 of the top 7 teams signed?

There are very few players if any available to improve these teams this January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

NukaCola wrote: »
    I dont get why people think Klopp isn't telling the truth when it comes to transfers. He will only bring in players that he can get and are right for him as shown from 14 years in Germany.

Klopp brought in 16 players in 14 January transfer windows. Even when was building the Dortmund squad and Mainz he brought in 1 player in his first 2 Jan transfer windows at Mainz and 1 player in his first 2 Jan transfer windows at Dortmund.

We have to accept this is the way he operates. Like it or hate it, if you want Klopp here this is what you are getting.

You're wasting your breath Nuka, some people here are obsessed with making up a problem (club are not giving Klopp money for transfers) and are then finding FSG guilty not only of a crime they didn't commit but of a crime which doesn't even exist.

Some people are only happy when they have something to moan about and American "owners" are an easy/lazy target.

Moaners are always going to moan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement