Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Looks like Leeds could be doing Liverpool a favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Korat wrote: »
    Says who?

Bookies are there to take your money.

Odds are what they say they are. People who make money or lose it don't rely on someone else to make or influence their choices.

Odds illustrate the probability of something happening if you think Utd have a 33% chance of going out then you will get some business on betfair laying Utd and the draw st 1/3 instead of 1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Odds illustrate the probability of something happening if you think Utd have a 33% chance of going out then you will get some business on betfair laying Utd and the draw st 1/3 instead of 1/10

Oh I see.

You've got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Other than Everton signing Schneiderlin who have the other 5 of the top 7 teams signed?

There are very few players if any available to improve these teams this January.

The argument would presumably be that they don't need those players because they signed enough players in the summer or their squad is several years deep in the development process and we need to catch.

City didn't sign anyone, but Gabriel Jesus did only join now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

According to www.liverpoolfc.com media watch Klopp trying to bring in Mahmoud Dahoud from Borrusia Dortmund. Also linked with a leftback from Real Betiz Riza Durmisi. We need someone, or anyone at this stage.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The boy with the baboon heart has come a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Its interesting to see BVB struggles in Germany this year. 14 points off the top and dropped more points today. Kind of puts out situation in some perspective too as on paper they have a superior attacking players and squad than us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Colemania wrote: »
    Randall off to Barnsley on loan for the season. Hopefully it becomes permanent.....

Surely the club could throw Barnsley a few million to make sure it happens.

Had to be done, he's 2.5 years into his contract............ 29 in May so all going well he'll continue excelling in the cental role and enjoy his peak years at Anfield :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Augeo wrote: »
    Had to be done, he's 2.5 years into his contract............ 29 in May so all going well he'll continue excelling in the cental role and enjoy his peak years at Anfield :)

You'd just wonder since he relies so heavily on his athleticism these days, how long can he play like that? He'd have to keep himself in unbelievable condition to keep that explosive style of play up into his thirties. It can be done though, Kuyt is still covering every blade of grass in the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Possibly our best player this season, definitely most improvement on last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

PSG and Spurs eh? Must be slightly insulted by those links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bumper new contract, ha
    It's great we are getting away with paying the wages of 7 years ago.

Coutinho could be on 1m a week in China , Lallana 800,000 a week .

Definitely the most improved player this season. Klopp has him playing more direct, he's taking less touches on the ball, and has almost completely cut out the pointless turns that often turned him back out of space.

Instead of Lallana it's now Can suffering from those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Its interesting to see BVB struggles in Germany this year. 14 points off the top and dropped more points today. Kind of puts out situation in some perspective too as on paper they have a superior attacking players and squad than us.

Read this and much of it is rather famliar

https://www.reddit.com/r/borussiadortmund/comments/5qv6uu/post_game_thread_mainz_05_buli_18/

__________Mignolet___________

_____Matip______Lovern_______

Clyne_________________Milner

_________Henderson_________

___Lallana________Wijnaldum

Woodburn______________Coutinho__

__________Firmino_______________

Would like Woodburn to start. Give him a game with the first team players instead of the B team we play in cups.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You'd just wonder since he relies so heavily on his athleticism these days, how long can he play like that? He'd have to keep himself in unbelievable condition to keep that explosive style of play up into his thirties. It can be done though, Kuyt is still covering every blade of grass in the Netherlands.

If he performs as he is now for the next 2 full seasons he'll be 31 heading into 2019/2020.... same age as milner is now iirc.

He's technically great too IMO with great game intelligence.... all going well he should age well as a player barring bad luck & injury.

He seems to love his football too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/825808698115244033
    Mamadou Sakho: "It's true that I turned up late. There was a rule that I should have observed. I do not at all see myself as above the rules

Speaking in France, Sakho told Canal Football Club
    It is true that I turned up late. There was a rule that I should have observed. I do not at all see myself as above the rules, I respect everyone.

“I paid my fine, I was sanctioned, I apologised to my team-mates and my manager. Aside from that… I do not want to go into the controversies.”

I’m a professional footballer, I remain pro. I train with the reserve team and I have a personal trainer. I work hard to stay on top form.

Did I consider a boycott? Never at all.

Interview in French.
    https://twitter.com/CanalFootClub/status/825788518286913537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

OK, this is obviously intensified by recent form but Christ it seems a waste having Sakho exiled at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

noodler wrote: »
    OK, this is obviously intensified by recent form but Christ it seems a waste having Sakho exiled at the moment.

I'm still a huge fan of Sakho. Thought himself and Matip would have had a fantastic partnership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I would like to see him get another chance. Matip and Sakho could be a really excellent partnership in the centre.

Echo take on it......

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sakho-liverpool-defender-speaks-falling-12525076

key point IMO........ "The French international defender has no future at Anfield with ...."

Hero2zero's Comment at the end is amusing to be fair........Sakho, great attitude on the pitch and great that you got into helping the community but your not good enough mate... in your defence the others aren't much better either. The whole defence is a shambles and that includes matip.. he was all over the place on Wednesday night. Lovren is probably the worst centre half we have. Klavan is a championship standard defender at best. Milner is shot and clyne gets into position then passes it backwards... unfortunately for you sakho you need to move on but not because the others are much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lallana won't have the longevity of Kuyt, he runs himself into the ground in games. He's usually shattered by the 70th minute of games. Barring serious injury, he should be able to sustain his level until he's 31. Anything beyond that will be a bonus.

The best comparison I can think of in terms of a former Premier League player is David Platt. He was an energiser bunny throughout his career at Aston Villa, in Serie A and when he first signed for Arsenal. At the end of his second season with Arsenal (96/97) he turned 31 and it was clear that his legs were starting to go. He was then used as a super-sub before being released on a free transfer at the end of the following season.

Sakho was a loose canon
    He was no superstar. We lost league because of him.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surely the club could throw Barnsley a few million to make sure it happens.

Feel sorry for the lad who hasn't even been a regular on the u23s
    Obviously isn't good enough and klopp had no business playing him will never play for Liverpool again after that

......... will never play for Liverpool again after that

Anyone remember the guy Rodgers brought on against Chelsea one year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wasn't that brad smith who signed for Bournemouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm still a huge fan of Sakho. Thought himself and Matip would have had a fantastic partnership.

I'd say a lot of us did. It's a shame the way things happened.

Feel sorry for the lad who hasn't even been a regular on the u23s
    Obviously isn't good enough and klopp had no business playing him will never play for Liverpool again after that

You would try blame Klopp though.

I'd say Klopp found him hiding somewhere in Melwood on Friday afternoon and after Randall explained who he was Klopp decided to give him a run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

How long before the campaign to "Free the Fat-Burner One!" begins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We lost league because of him.

Eh....wut? :confused:

Sakho was a loose canon
    He was no superstar. We lost league because of him.

You mean because of Gerrard's slip?

See? That's a stupid game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Make a Wish guy. My dream is to play for Liverpool. Sure play left wing there for the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought Kolo cost us the league against WBA.

Oh wait it was Henderson getting sent off.

Oh wait it was Gerrard's slip

Oh wait it was the Palace game.

niallo27 wrote: »
    The Make a Wish guy. My dream is to play for Liverpool. Sure play left wing there for the second half.

Victory Moses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Who was the guy that came on against City, I think it was City? He was on for 5 mins and Gerrard went over to him and complimented him on a particular tackle/pass...

Think he was only 19 or something.

Eh....wut? :confused:

We were leading 3-0 at Palace .

I thought Kolo cost us the league against WBA.

Oh wait it was Henderson getting sent off.

Oh wait it was Gerrard's slip

Oh wait it was the Palace game

For me it was that moment, or 3 moments.

• Advertisement

For me it was that moment, or 3 moments.

Would a win in that game make any difference to the outcome of the league?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Would a win in that game make any difference to the outcome of the league?

No one can say for sure.
    It would have put us on 83 pts with a game to go, with City on 80 with 2 games to go.

No one can say for sure.
    It would have put us on 83 pts with a game to go, with City on 80 with 2 games to go.

City had Aston Villa and West Ham in the last 2 games at home. No one can say for sure but I would have been amazed if City couldn't have finished the job. City won 10 drew 2 and lost just one game in their last 13 games.

I go back to where the league was in our hands with 3 games to go and that was against Chelsea. When we lost that it was out of our hands no matter what happened, and with 2 games to go it was unlikely City would buckle if we are being honest. I'm not saying the Palace game meant nothing but its not the game that lost us the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I got a bit of a shock reading that. Wasn't Bartra linked with us for a few window a la Will Hughes?

And the simple way Mainz prevented build up play is way too familiar to what teams seem to do with us every week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

brevity wrote: »
    Who was the guy that came on against City, I think it was City? He was on for 5 mins and Gerrard went over to him and complimented him on a particular tackle/pass...

Think he was only 19 or something.

Joao Teixeira I think it was, now at Porto

It's a pity the Chelsea game is not on Wednesday (ie not in January)
    January is a horrible month the best of times throw in 8 games with 4 defeats 3 draws and a 1-0 win against Plymouth with only two goals from open play all month it really has been a Cnut of a month and the absence of alcohol to drown my sorrows hasn't helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It's a pity the Chelsea game is not on Wednesday (ie not in January)
    January is a horrible month the best of times throw in 8 games with 4 defeats 3 draws and a 1-0 win against Plymouth with only two goals from open play all month it really has been a Cnut of a month and the absence of alcohol to drown my sorrows hasn't helped

The month of January is not to blame for the current form, rather the number of games shoehorned into it. One day wouldn't make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The month of January is not to blame for the current form, rather the number of games shoehorned into it. One day wouldn't make a difference.

Other teams are coping fine with the number of games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Vanolder wrote: »
    Other teams are coping fine with the number of games...

They've got better depth, we like to play childer and give them experience.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Vicxas wrote: »
    They've got better depth, we like to play childer and give them experience.

Aye, we seem to be resting and still not reaping the benefits.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement