Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Agree, people reading way too much into very little. If anything, Klopp was being complimentary.

He wasn't. He wasnt praising them for their defensive display, he was stating he has never seen a team more defensive. It wasn't intended as a compliment.

Klopp's comments were just said in a thinking out loud fashion, when he says the most defensive he has experienced I wouldn't imagine he meant that in the literal sense and even if he did it's not insulting.
    Kirby wrote: »
    He wasn't. He wasnt praising them for their defensive display, he was stating he has never seen a team more defensive. It wasn't intended as a compliment.

Really hard to know, at worse it didn't sound anyway uncomplementary anyway.

I can see Je' Suis's point but in interviews you have to say something and as mentioned journalists and MOTD will speel away about anything. It's been mentioned in here all season the only way for a mediocre team to get anything from us is to go really defensive.

After 13 games we have 30 pts, tremendous stuff, 6 games to the half way there point, even with Mane at ACON for a few games in Jan and Coutinho missing more than a few games (hopefully not 2/3 months) we're still in an incredibly good position for Top4 and better of course.

I think it was linked here that Lallana is close to being back in training or that he is, having him back is great. He was missed despite the win & pt earned at S'ton.

I'd imagine we might see a signing or two in January, perhaps with a view to Klopp looking to next year and needing a squad to compete in Europe as well. Probably would be good to get one or two in Jan rather than more than a few in Summer if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Augeo wrote: »
    After 13 games we have 30 pts, tremendous stuff, 6 games to the half way there point, even with Mane at ACON for a few games in Jan and Coutinho missing more than a few games (hopefully not 2/3 months) we're still in an incredibly good position for Top4 and better of course.

I think it was linked here that Lallana is close to being back in training or that he is, having him back is great. He was missed despite the win & pt earned at S'ton.

I'd imagine we might see a signing or two in January, perhaps with a view to Klopp looking to next year and needing a squad to compete in Europe as well. Probably would be good to get one or two in Jan rather than more than a few in Summer if possible.

Hopefully Lallana is back for the next few games.

I'm getting a little nervous looking at our options - even in the best case scenario, it looks like Coutinho will be out for a while. With Mané gone for January and Ings out injured, we are short up top - just in terms of numbers alone.

I hope you're right about January - would much rather see one or two players added then, given the few months to settle in and be in the first team next season.

I wonder, with the shortage up top, will we see Milner or Wijnaldum used in attacking roles instead of their current ones?

Could see Moreno at LB and Milner in the midfield, or Gini as a winger, with Firmino and Mané (and Origi in January?)

We have a lot of good, versatile players - I just don't want to see our rhythm disrupted at the top end of the pitch, it is what has given us the edge in so many games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^^^^^^^^^
    the one decent thing harry kewell ever did for us

I wonder, with the shortage up top, will we see Milner or Wijnaldum used in attacking roles instead of their current ones?

Could see Moreno at LB and Milner in the midfield, or Gini as a winger, with Firmino and Mané (and Origi in January?)................

We still aren't badly off really, with Lallana back and Hendo & Can fit the front 3 of most of yesterday was good.

I never took any notice of Wij' at Newcastle to be honest so I've no idea if he's suited to playing out wide or front 3 ish.

I'm sure Sturridge will feature over the coming weeks too as well as average AvOrigi :D

I'd be hoping to see of little of Moreno as possible, particularly since we've seen 2 clean sheets recently. I kind of like Moreno but I don't think changing the back 4 (in the PL) unless forced to the way to go. I'd be all for giving Moreno 90 mins against Leeds as it'd be no harm giving Milner a game off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can't believe Klopp came out and called Sunderland "unmistakable and unadulterated sh1te".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Augeo wrote: »
    We still aren't badly off really, with Lallana back and Hendo & Can fit the front 3 of most of yesterday was good.

I never took any notice of Wij' at Newcastle to be honest so I've no idea if he's suited to playing out wide or front 3 ish.

I'm sure Sturridge will feature over the coming weeks too as well as average AvOrigi :D

I'd be hoping to see of little of Moreno as possible, particularly since we've seen 2 clean sheets recently. I kind of like Moreno but I don't think changing the back 4 (in the PL) unless forced to the way to go. I'd be all for giving Moreno 90 mins against Leeds as it'd be no harm giving Milner a game off.

With a busy month ahead of us, I can see Klopp having to rotate a little more than he has so far, though.

Between Dec 11 and 19, we play three league games (Boro, West Ham, Everton), and in the week after Christmas we play three too (Stoke, Man City, Sunderland).

Even if Coutinho returned after this spell, that's a really hectic run to go through with the numbers we have.

Totally in agreement re: the defence - I wouldn't want it changed at all, but there's certainly a small chance that Milner may have to be moved.

Central midfield - Henderson, Can, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Stewart, Lucas, Grujic - seems like enough to me

Attack - Mané (until January), Firmino, Origi, Sturridge... Maybe not enough. Using Lallana or Wij here seems likely. Especially if Sturridge were to miss a game or two, though his current injury is just a minor one isn't it?

I'm intrigued to see how what Klopp will do, and it will certainly be a measure of one or two other players in the squad, so hopefully the likes of Ejaria, Stewart, etc can repeat their good showings in the League Cup in league games if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    Can't believe Klopp came out and called Sunderland "unmistakable and unadulterated sh1te".

I can't believe he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Still anxiously waiting for Phillipe's scan results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

tinpib wrote: »
    Still anxiously waiting for Phillipe's scan results.

I know

tumblr_n62yugT8Vy1rp8gz7o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm getting a little nervous looking at our options - even in the best case scenario, it looks like Coutinho will be out for a while. With Mané gone for January and Ings out injured, we are short up top - just in terms of numbers alone.

Slightly worried now myself. I think we'll probably hear that Coutinho is out for a month or two later tonight. Mane gone for all of January. Sturridge will get the game time he's been looking for but even he is out with a minor niggle at the moment. Ings gone for the season. We really can't afford any more injuries to attackers. And to make it worse it's the busiest past of the season as far as fixtures go. I imagine we will get an attacker in as soon as the window opens but not easy to make an immediate impact but at least it'll be another body to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3AD2D21300000578-0-image-a-40_1480340542302.jpg

3AD2CDBC00000578-0-image-a-41_1480340645784.jpg

3AD2CDDB00000578-0-image-a-42_1480340667539.jpg

Heading into get scan today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

He looks like some poor lad who got beat up at the weekend and nipped out to collect his dole check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Damn rich professional football playing bastard. 2 days for a scan. Took me 3 weeks to get a CT scan on my foot :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

3AD2D21300000578-0-image-a-40_1480340542302.jpg

3AD2CDBC00000578-0-image-a-41_1480340645784.jpg

3AD2CDDB00000578-0-image-a-42_1480340667539.jpg

This **** is ridiculous. Shots of him going in for the scan. Shots of him coming out from the scan. Sky employing (probably) physios to speculate how long he'll be out for. Sky employing physios to speculate how long his rehab will take. The - Sky generated - circus around football is utter bullshit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

mosstin wrote: »
    This **** is ridiculous. Shots of him going in for the scan. Shots of him coming out from the scan. Sky employing (probably) physios to speculate how long he'll be out for. Sky employing physios to speculate how long his rehab will take. The - Sky generated - circus around football is utter bullshit.

Easy to blame the media, but they're only doing it because football fans are lapping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Your following it ,so really you are employing the physios

sword1 wrote: »
    Your following it ,so really you are employing the physios

I'm following it? How so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is that Bobby on the poster in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who else would it be? Unless one of the Liverpool Ladies? :D

Liverpool-women.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He will miss 5-6 weeks according to the Echo this evening.

So due back just as Mane goes off.

Also Mignolet will start tomorrow.

Leeds presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Could be back for the game against the one dominant Manchester team then. Here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Coutinho news could of been a lot worse. I feel we can cope without him and that he comes back feeling sharp and well rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No surgery required. So he could be back 1 or 2 weeks earlier hopefully.

• Advertisement

v=o_qMfIj7AZ8&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Could have been worse. Should be back for United in mid January. The City game looks unlikely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Easy to blame the media, but they're only doing it because football fans are lapping it up.

Or just to fill time?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ricero wrote: »
    Coutinho news could of been a lot worse. I feel we can cope without him and that he comes back feeling sharp and well rested.

I really hope so. He is indispensable when trying to unlock tightly packed defences, of which we will see plenty more before January. Having him & Lallana out at same time is unlucky, they have similar games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

garra wrote: »
    I really hope so. He is indispensable when trying to unlock tightly packed defences, of which we will see plenty more before January. Having him & Lallana out at same time is unlucky, they have similar games.

Well Lallana should be back for the Bournemouth game.

Injuries are always a risk, so that's why we need the squad to step up, we can't over-rely on one player.

I think we're good enough to handle our games up to Christmas, and hopefully he gets back in the New Year, and maybe before if he recovers well.

Coutinho is the one player capable of something special in every game though.

We'll see, doubt we'll keep up our current form though. Maybe teams will start to figure out how to play against Chelsea as well.

If he's back in January not too bad, could easily have been most of the season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

K-9 wrote: »
    Coutinho is the one player capable of something special in every game though.

We'll see, doubt we'll keep up our current form though. Maybe teams will start to figure out how to play against Chelsea as well.

If he's back in January not too bad, could easily have been most of the season.

Ourselves and Spurs showed how to play against them, although Spurs could only manage it for 45 minutes. No doubt City will do it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ourselves and Spurs showed how to play against them, although Spurs could only manage it for 45 minutes. No doubt City will do it as well.

I don't recall chelsea playing 3 at the back against Liverpool.
    Chelsea's form since that change has been somewhat impressive.

Relieved with that Coutinho news tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I'm following it? How so?

You're the consumer ,if people were not interested they would not be paying physios to give their opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Relieved with that Coutinho news tbh

Me too, the fear on Saturday was 3-4 months.

We have very winnable games in December so could be fine without him. Get him back in January when some tougher games are on the horizon.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Me too, the fear on Saturday was 3-4 months.

We have very winnable games in December so could be fine without him. Get him back in January when some tougher games are on the horizon.

Once Firmino doesn't get injured too we should hopefully get through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

What about tomorrow evening? Should we rest everybody? I'd lean toward that in case anyone else gets injured.

doc_17 wrote: »
    What about tomorrow evening? Should we rest everybody? I'd lean toward that in case anyone else gets injured.

Coutinho, Lallana and Sturridge all out. Can see Firmino being rested as well if he has a slight knock.

doc_17 wrote: »

By the sounds of it, we'll be resting a large chunk of the squad but the good thing is that exciting youngsters such as TAA, Ejaria, Stewart and Ben Woodburn will get a run out, possibly the 90 mins in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Glico Man wrote: »
    Damn rich professional football playing bastard. 2 days for a scan. Took me 3 weeks to get a CT scan on my foot :mad::mad:
    By the sounds of it, we'll be resting a large chunk of the squad but the good thing is that exciting youngsters such as TAA, Ejaria, Stewart and Ben Woodburn will get a run out, possibly the 90 mins in some cases.

any squad news? just wondering if Masterson might get a call up to the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    any squad news? just wondering if Masterson might get a call up to the bench

Masterson does not even play u23 games, he has a long way to go before knocking on the door I would assume. I guess it will be Lucas and klavan at the back tomorrow with Matip/lovren on the bench.

Those lads didn't play for the u-23's so I'd expect them to get some game time, probably 2 or 3 starting. I think Ojo isn't long back training so might be squad at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coutinho targeting being back for the City game on New Years Eve according to Paul Joyce tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Guessing something like;

Mignolet
    TAA----Lucas--Klavan----Moreno
    Stewart
    Ejaria---Grujic
    --Ojo
    Origi----Brannagan

Or something along those lines. Maybe Randall in for TAA to start (though i'd rather TAA be given the time as Randall just isn't gonna make it imo), and maybe someone else in for Brannagan to start as I'm kinda just shoehorning him into that position a bit (though i think he'd be fine there, and offers Moreno a little cover). Ojo dependent on fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Brannagan played u23 last night so he's out and ojo is still only recovering from injury I believe, maybe wijnaldum will push into the front 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

klose wrote: »
    Brannagan played u23 last night so he's out and ojo is still only recovering from injury I believe, maybe wijnaldum will push into the front 3?

Yep I think so. I would play:

Mig

TAA - Klavan - Lucas - Moreno

Stewart - Ejaria - Henderson

Mané - Origi - Wijnaldum

And have Woodburn on the bench

On this day in 1998, a young local lad made his Liverpool FC debut. Think he went on to do ok......

JS53747953.jpg

Hopefully we have similar result tonight to the last two times we played a League Cup game on this date....

2-0 away to Chelsea in 2011
    8-0 away to Stoke in 2000 (God got a hattrick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Ming

Trent Arnold
    Lovren
    Klavan
    Moreno

Lucas
    Stewart
    Grujic

Ejaria
    Origi
    Woodburn

With loads of experience on the bench

But I suspect one of Wijnaldum or Can will start with maybe Lucas at CB

Would have been ideal to put Ilori and/or Sakho in the shop window, as I reckon Klopp is trying to ship them out asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ming

Trent Arnold
    Lovren
    Klavan
    Moreno

Lucas
    Stewart
    Grujic

Ejaria
    Origi
    Woodburn

With loads of experience on the bench

But I suspect one of Wijnaldum or Can will start with maybe Lucas at CB

Would have been ideal to put Ilori and/or Sakho in the shop window, as I reckon Klopp is trying to ship them out asap

That starting 11 is too weak, Leeds are 5th in the Championship, their doing well this season. It wont be as easy as some might think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement