Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Firmino a year off the road and 20k fine, presume he was not much over the limit

phill is well out of form,worrying.

bobby is our most consistent player with gini, bobby missed a sitter ,may have bobbled.. but he is 100 % every game and gives us such energy............

Phil is just back from injury, Bobby is out of form for the last 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Augeo wrote: »
    Phil is just back from injury, Bobby is out of form for the last 2 months.

If by out of form you mean he's not scoring as much then yes,but he still impacts games greatly. Just back from injury does not mean u automatically should play badly either,he's not playing well,was a passenger last ngt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

20k seems fairly excessive, is it not a set fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Every time Klopp does anything it's a load of "wahhh what if Jose/Pep/Wenger did that?!?!?"

And here comes along your answer as to why, the superiority complex. Because in his early days Liverpool fans scoffed at the managers you listed because "Klopp would never do such things"

I concur with others in that I did grimace a bit when I saw Klopp berate that 4th official, I have seen someone post about context so I concede that I don't know the whole story, just in isolation it looked bad imo, I feel Klopp is better than that and doesn't need to lower himself to it. Leave that chit to Mourinho and what not, rise above it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Turtyturd wrote: »

I doesn't matter. He deserves it and can well afford it.

If by out of form you mean he's not scoring as much then yes,but he still impacts games greatly.............

He wasn't very central last night even though he was the only player we have remotely fitting the striker description.
    On several occasions we had no one in the box when attacking and Chelsea were not playing a high line.

He is miles off the Suarezesque Bobby of Sep & Oct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He probably spends that on a teeth whitening session to be fair.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And here comes along your answer as to why, the superiority complex. Because in his early days Liverpool fans scoffed at the managers you listed because "Klopp would never do such things"

Links to multiple Liverpool fans on here saying that or stfu imo.

• Advertisement

amber69 wrote: »
    I doesn't matter. He deserves it and can well afford it.

No doubt he can afford it, and no doubt he deserves to be punished....still doesn't mean it's not excessive to fine him 20 grand when a regular Joe most likely gets a couple of hundred.

No doubt he can afford it, and no doubt he deserves to be punished....still doesn't mean it's not excessive to fine him 20 grand when a regular Joe most likely gets a couple of hundred.

Presumably linked to income. I know certain countries do that anyhow, such as Finland, not sure if the UK does or not though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

NukaCola wrote: »
    Hendersons goal saving challenge on the 87th minute was unreal......Pedro showed just enough of the ball and Hendo got it spot on...

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/x9cry.mp4?token=1487147603_6e8cd3735f7ff162427b48e81c635b3076e8ba64

People don't like it when I say this but Henderson is by far and away your best player imo and the likes of that tackle give me some backing in that. He has a whole lot to his game and is a fantastic all-rounder for you.

On the match last night, I think a draw was ultimately fair enough. Either side could have won it but the other side would have rightly felt very hard done by. Another good game between us anyway!

Sorry for butting into your thread now but that was some tackle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Klopp shouted "nobody can beat us" at him. He gets away with a bit as he's so passionate regardless if set are winning or losing :p
    Conte is the same. He kicked the ball away last night.... I ain't moaning instead I could relate to his frustration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I concur with others in that I did grimace a bit when I saw Klopp berate that 4th official, I have seen someone post about context so I concede that I don't know the whole story, just in isolation it looked bad imo, I feel Klopp is better than that and doesn't need to lower himself to it. Leave that chit to Mourinho and what not, rise above it.
    As an aside, who in hells name would want to be a 4th official. You have no power, but if any of your mates (ref or his linesman) fcuk up, you get an earful from the managers. It's non stop, and Klopp is as guilty as anyone. Thankless job.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Klopp shouted "nobody can beat us" at him...............

Official could have said "Yeah Kloppo, no doubt.......... except for Sunderland, S'ton etc of late"

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Presumably linked to income. I know certain countries do that anyhow, such as Finland, not sure if the UK does or not though.

Yeah it says unlimited fine. Just realised Toure got 54,000. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

ERG89 wrote: »
    Klopp shouted "nobody can beat us" at him. He gets away with a bit as he's so passionate regardless if set are winning or losing :p
    Conte is the same. He kicked the ball away last night.... I ain't moaning instead I could relate to his frustration

Nobody can beat us apart from Swansea Southampton and wolves 😜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

amount of snapchats he used to post of him in car driving along listening to tunes,was only a matter of time he got caught,probably save a few quid in fines over the year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-needed-big-signing-were-9733857

We were 'deep in negotiations' with Draxler before Klopp pulled the plug apparently.

Liverpool Echo writer David Maddock (not one that I'm familiar with I must say) claims we had a good window.

However, that makes no sense.

Surely, six months AND a pre-season means he's ready for next season? There's always the risk of a summer signing not being up to scratch until the middle of the season. Pick him up in January and you give time to settle, gel, etc..

That's not the only part of the article that makes no sense...

"It is the quality on show last night which raises the question of who they can sign in January. Their first team, their best 13 or 14 players, is as good as any in the league, and any signing has to improve that team, not merely make up the numbers.

Yes, they were without Sadio Mane for the whole of January, and yes that had a significant impact, but it is hard to think of a signing – bar perhaps Ronaldo or Messi – who could have gone straight into the side on January 3 and made up for his loss"

I stopped reading after that. He's putting the mad back in Maddock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Surely, six months AND a pre-season means he's ready for next season? There's always the risk of a summer signing not being up to scratch until the middle of the season. Pick him up in January and you give time to settle, gel, etc.

Sure, I get the argument about paying more in January, but you have to go with what the market dictates.

I can get on board with the suggestions that we shouldn't have moved for anyone (I disagree - we're just short on numbers in some roles) but this is not a logical argument from the Echo, IMO.
    Klopp is frugal and regards the transfer budget as he would his own money. Unless a club wants rid of a player then you will have to over pay for them in the January transfer window. Klopp doesn't see the value in overpaying for a player that is going to take at least six months to settle into the team. His view is that he could sign the same player for less money in the summer and have pre-season to integrate them into the team. Not adding players to the squad in January is a calculated risk.

As for Draxler, I'd consider it a bullet dodged. He has said in the past that he left Wolfsburg because he felt he was under pressure to consistently deliver good performances. It doesn't seem to register with him that the level of expectation increases with the pay packet. He has a history of negotiating agreeing contracts with other clubs (Juventus and Arsenal immediately spring to mind) solely to get an improved pay deal at his current club. If Maddock is to be believed then Draxler tried the same thing with Liverpool and Klopp wasn't willing to play his game.

• Advertisement

Well hopefully given the whole 'settle in pre-season' thing, we'll be doing any business early enough in the window, or at least the main business, with any August signings back up lads.

5starpool wrote: »
    Well hopefully given the whole 'settle in pre-season' thing, we'll be doing any business early enough in the window, or at least the main business, with any August signings back up lads.
    There are no international tournaments and Southampton aren't likely to want to do business with us so there is hope that things will be sorted early in the transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We sorted most of our business early last summer too anyway, so would expect more of the same.
    The only first teamer to arrive after July 1st was Wijnaldum, who was still in almost a month before the season started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well in Crouchy.

Just scored his 100th league goal.
    Hugely underrated player for us.

I believe the term is "wonderful technician".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gbear wrote: »
    Well in Crouchy.

I love Crouch. Always have and always will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gbear wrote: »
    Well in Crouchy.

I was at that game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Lovely bit of work by Finnan for the assist.

City winning so if that transpires to 3pts for them we go down to 5th on GD :(

If Utd win they'll be 2 pts further back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

corwill wrote: »
    Lovely bit of work by Finnan for the assist.

Another underrated lad.

Best crosser we've had from full back in my time supporting the club.
    Hugely consistent and solid.

We'll be 4th unless City win 10-1 or better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool will beat City in the return game away.

88 minutes is my pick for the time of Utd's winner.

Maths are not your strong point. Our goal difference by comparison to Man City is +9.

Talisman wrote: »
    Maths are not your strong point. Our goal difference by comparison to Man City is +9.

Maths is very much my strong point.... I simply made an error while glancing at a PL table thinking the GA column was the GD column.

Thanks for the sentiment though.....

It's +5 BTW bud..... I thought you'd have been on the ball there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Click into the United match thread to see what's happening, first comment is about Liverpool diving.

Markovic hit inside of post :( so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Click into the United match thread to see what's happening, first comment is about Liverpool diving.

Just looked in there, complaining about Hull being cynical!

Oh, the beautiful irony :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not to bad a mid week, point gained on Arsenal and nothing lost to Spurs, just pity West Ham fell apart.

Big game now on Saturday for Liverpool can they put the January blues behind them

Hull with a draw against the champions elect...is there any point showing up on Saturday?

• Advertisement

For such a brutal month we aren't in a bad position. Good job the teams around us aren't too good.

Hopefully we kick on now after a decent result last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Markovic hit inside of post :( so close

Such a frustrating player. When he gets on the ball in and around the box, he looks so dangerous with a real touch of class.

But anywhere else on the field he looks exactly like Lallana did until Christmas a year ago - running around in a way that hides in plain sight... happy to jog parallel to an opposition player without interfering. Keeps moving, but ineffectually. There's a player in there if someone can get him to play like he's in the box all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Handy run of games for United still coming up unfortunately but by God they are wreckless with no coherent system in place at all. Mourinho is finished as a manager

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Handy run of games for United still coming up unfortunately but by God they are wreckless with no coherent system in place at all. Mourinho is finished as a manager

Making 6th their own tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They have had a handy number of games

Hull with a draw against the champions elect...is there any point showing up on Saturday?

The game on Saturday is such a classic 'Liverpool loss' type game.

1. Hammered them earlier in the season. Check.
    2. Away to a promoted team. Check.
    3. Struggling team who have improved in recent weeks under a new manager. Check.
    4. Lost badly there last time we played away to them. Check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The thing is everyone plays the same teams. United have a handy run now but they have a rotten finish to the season. Far worse than the other contenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Some craic on the Man U thread, some serious meltdowns :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Considering we had Chelsea this week we couldn't have asked for much more than Arsenal losing at home to Watford and United and Spurs only drawing with Hull and Sunderland.

Just hope Hull shot their wad tonight before Saturday.

No such thing as handy games anyway these days. It's the banana skin league.

Some craic on the Man U thread, some serious meltdowns :pac::pac::pac:

Well at least they'll stay there now for a few days at least.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement