Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

corwill wrote: »
    41dIkGYZhCL._AC_SL230_.jpg

part and part of it. We're nothing without one another, unless some other club replaces us as your/our rival. You wear our aftershave and we'll wear yours. Ours smells nicer though x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »
    2-6 is so tight, 2 games could change everything......

With City breathing down our necks we cant afford to slip up. Top 4 is crucial this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

jpkr1bM.png

Considering our form over the last month, we're doing alright. If we've stopped the slide and can start trending back towards 2ppg, especially with only the PL to concentrate on now, we should be able to put up a good fight for fourth at least.

Prior to the United game, I really thought that by today we'd be sitting 6th, a couple of points behind fourth, such was our form and the form of those around us, so it really hasn't turned out as bad as it could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Was I
    Unless you have the wrong Mick?
    Only posts in here were to martyos121 and thought it was a fairly reasonable discussion
    Nonsense post

Just wondering where you where is all.
    10 to 9 this morning and you're back in the Liverpool thread.
    welcome home.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Top 6 in Excel form

56 Chelsea
    47 Tottenham Arsenal
    46 Liverpool Man City
    42 Man Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5starpool wrote: »
    The game on Saturday is such a classic 'Liverpool loss' type game.

1. Hammered them earlier in the season. Check.
    2. Away to a promoted team. Check.
    3. Struggling team who have improved in recent weeks under a new manager. Check.
    4. Lost badly there last time we played away to them. Check.

And most importantly live on Sky Sports 5 Ireland, our new graveyard of despair.

Vicxas wrote: »
    ............ Top 4 is crucial this season.

Longterm it mightn't be be, but no one wants to be d1cking about in the EL of a Thursday night after the football we played up to mid Nov.

3 pts from the last 12 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Nalz wrote: »
    part and part of it. We're nothing without one another, unless some other club replaces us as your/our rival. You wear our aftershave and we'll wear yours. Ours smells nicer though x
    I have to agree with you.

You are way smellier than we are:pac:

Top 6 in Excel form

56 Chelsea
    47 Tottenham Arsenal
    46 Liverpool Man City
    42 Man Utd

The 46th place trophy

• Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Just wondering where you where is all.
    10 to 9 this morning and you're back in the Liverpool thread.
    welcome home.
    :D:D:D

I was watching the Utd game and posting in the Utd thread and the match thread last night. Liverpool were not playing yesterday.
    Just sounds to me like you have been caught out taking nonsense when all I discussed was mignolet in a fairly unbiased manner and now you are backtracking
    Some of us normally have to sleep at night, then usually get a chance to post in the morning
    Simples really

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The 46th place trophy

I think we should play the kids and concentrate on the league.

I know its great to win a trophy, but not to the detriment of CL football.

Lol at Mick's location. In fairness, I find him entertaining these days more than anything.

Flake friendly abuse at him, he'll flake some back. Carry on about the day.

M1ck is a nice lad IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

With City breathing down our necks we cant afford to slip up. Top 4 is crucial this season.

I reckon it's odds on to be top 3. Utd are favourites and Spurs arguably second favourites for the Europa. Depending on whether they finish in the top 4 themselves, it could well be a top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Augeo wrote: »
    M1ck is a nice lad IMO :)

Defines the term obsessed when it comes to utd/pool rivalry IMO.. worst I've seen from either side in my life,but harmless enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Raisins wrote: »
    I reckon it's odds on to be top 3. Utd are favourites and Spurs arguably second favourites for the Europa. Depending on whether they finish in the top 4 themselves, it could well be a top 3.

Not unless City or Arsenal win the CL and finish outside the top 4 as well as utd or Spurs winning the EL and finishing outside the top 4.

Given that this was very possible last season too for a good while I'm surprised so many still don't know the rules.

Raisins wrote: »

Liverpool are indeed evens on Betfair to be top3 so odds on with all bookmakers (odds on with Betfair too once commission is considered) ...... unfortunately I think laying them for Top4 is great value at 8/13 ish.

Can't see us finishing ahead of Spurs or Chelsea and I fear Arsenal & Man City have too much in the tanks to let us finish ahead of them.
    Defines the term obsessed when it comes to utd/pool rivalry IMO.. worst I've seen from either side in my life,but harmless enough.

He knows football, bit of banter is a bit of banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I was watching the Utd game and posting in the Utd thread and the match thread last night. Liverpool were not playing yesterday.
    Just sounds to me like you have been caught out taking nonsense when all I discussed was mignolet in a fairly unbiased manner and now you are backtracking
    Some of us normally have to sleep at night, then usually get a chance to post in the morning
    Simples really

You're grand mick. hash tag bantz like! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Man cycles from South Korea to Liverpool FC with no ticket, he ends up watching the game against Chelsea in a pub.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-38834852

LivingInKorea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

brevity wrote: »
    Man cycles from South Korea to Liverpool FC with no ticket, he ends up watching the game against Chelsea in a pub.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-38834852

LivingInKorea?

That boy needs to learn how to leverage Social Media a little!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Knex. wrote: »
    jpkr1bM.png

Considering our form over the last month, we're doing alright. If we've stopped the slide and can start trending back towards 2ppg, especially with only the PL to concentrate on now, we should be able to put up a good fight for fourth at least.

Prior to the United game, I really thought that by today we'd be sitting 6th, a couple of points behind fourth, such was our form and the form of those around us, so it really hasn't turned out as bad as it could have.

As bad as our January was most of the bad results were in the cups. The only really damaging league result was the Swansea game. But the other sides have also dropped points recently thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nerdlingr wrote:
    Just wondering where you where is all. 10 to 9 this morning and you're back in the Liverpool thread. welcome home.

Likely fell asleep watching the game last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Big Micky love in today.

As bad as our January was most of the bad results were in the cups. The only really damaging league result was the Swansea game. But the other sides have also dropped points recently thankfully.

Jan PL results for us........... DDLD
    Sunderland draw almost as damaging as the Swansea defeat IMO, 5 pts from 12 would have us in 2nd place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Crisis massively exagarrated. The only result that really annoyed me was the Swansea one. Huge game against hull coming up though a win and a good performance is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea PL champions two seasons ago and pretty much the same settled team for the last 4/5 seasons.

Spurs pretty much the same settled team for the last 3/4 seasons and have been finishing ahead of us now most seasons for the last 7/8 seasons.

Arsenal pretty much Arsenal for the last 20 seasons always top 4.

City Champions 2 times in the last 5 seasons and spent close to a billion in those years.

Utd who are the richest club in the world and most expensive squad in the history of football who are now the new galacticos who have no problem dropping £80m on a player just to show they can.

That's what we have to get past and so far we are in the mix on 46 points averaging 2ppg which is what we were all hoping for at the start of the season.

Aside from hitting the post, how did Markovic do last night?

Not too bad, got into some good spaces and linked up well.

............ he was involved in alot of their good stuff, watching it you'd be thinking he's too good for e relegation battling team but than his recent club exploits don't support that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

The Kult of Klopp - :)

A bizarre, funny and painful thread.

http://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/liverpool-fc-2016-17/22758/476

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Managed to battle through 3 posts. Even worse than some of the anti-Klopp agendas on here, and that's saying something.

Anyone who thinks he should be under enormous pressure if we don't get top 4 this season needs their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Managed to battle through 3 posts. Even worse than some of the anti-Klopp agendas on here, and that's saying something.

Anyone who thinks he should be under enormous pressure if we don't get top 4 this season needs their head examined.

They (from my understanding) are not all Liverpool fans - the main culprit seems to have a major hard on for Conte and Rodgers

Hull Presser.

We got £3.3m from UFEA for the use of our player in the 2016 Euro's qualifiers and finals only behind Juve as the most paid out.
    UEFA reveals payments for clubs for their share of Euro 2016 cash, Juventus, Liverpool & Spurs top with €3m+ each

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/827089408054669312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Liverpool are indeed evens on Betfair to be top3 so odds on with all bookmakers (odds on with Betfair too once commission is considered) ...... unfortunately I think laying them for Top4 is great value at 8/13 ish.

Can't see us finishing ahead of Spurs or Chelsea and I fear Arsenal & Man City have too much in the tanks to let us finish ahead of them.

I dunno, we will be back to 1 game a week from here till the end whereas Spurs and Arsenal have European football and cup football to contend with. Long way to go yet. We have Coutinho, Lallana, Mane and Firmino all available for the first time in years it seems. If they can get back to anything close to their early season form we will romp top 4.

• Advertisement

Jan PL results for us........... DDLD
    Sunderland draw almost as damaging as the Swansea defeat IMO, 5 pts from 12 would have us in 2nd place now.

Meh, Spurs drew with Sunderland on Tuesday and had no game 48 hours just before it. Utd drew at home to Hull. Arsenal lost at home to Watford. Out of nowhere City smashed West Ham 4-0. This league is so unpredictable apart from Chelsea it's crazy. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

mormank wrote: »
    I dunno, we will be back to 1 game a week from here till the end whereas Spurs and Arsenal have European football and cup football to contend with. Long way to go yet. We have Coutinho, Lallana, Mane and Firmino all available for the first time in years it seems. If they can get back to anything close to their early season form we will romp top 4.

Indeed, I've made all those points before myself except the bolded one.

I still think the price is too small.

Worst signings of the past decade XI

GK: Itjande
    DF: Konchesky
    DF: Ilori
    DF: Coates
    DF: Degen
    MF: Babel
    MF: Aquilani
    MF: Poulsen
    MF: Cole
    FW: Andy Carroll
    FW: Voronin

Honorable mentions to Markovic, Balotelli, Benteke, Adam, Downing, Dossena, Brad Jones (2.3m, Jesus Christ), Robbie Keane, Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Bogdan, Lambert.

Man, that was some hefty bag of shit to wade through.

Honorable mentions to Markovic, Balotelli, Benteke, Adam, Downing, Dossena, Brad Jones (2.3m, Jesus Christ), Robbie Keane, Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Bogdan, Lambert.

Roy as manager.

Roy as manager.

46bf0670-7064-0133-9ee4-0af7184f89fb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ilori is not a bad player in truth, just never really found a role - solid for the U23s this season, perfectly fine for Portugal at U21.

Jovanovic.

Indeed, I've made all those points before myself except the bolded one.

I still think the price is too small.

Well the part in bold is conditional. I said IF those 4 can get back to or close to there early season form. If they do I thoroughly believe the part in bold, we were scintillating for the first 15 games or so. Do that again for the next 15 we will get top 4 easily, don't and we will struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i like banter,some of his instantaneous posts in the humor thread once we have a bad result can be funny ,but ill never thank them :pac::pac::pac::pac:

mormank wrote: »
    Well the part in bold is conditional. I said IF those 4 can get back to or close to there early season form. If they do I thoroughly believe the part in bold, we were scintillating for the first 15 games or so. Do that again for the next 15 we will get top 4 easily, don't and we will struggle.

Indeed & I think the price is too small .............. the price hasn't taken how big the if is into account IMO :)
    i like banter,some of his instantaneous posts in the humor thread once we have a bad result can be funny ,but ill never thank them :pac::pac::pac::pac:

have never ventured into that thread tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

GK: Itjande Balotelli
    DF: Konchesky Balotelli
    DF: Ilori Balotelli
    DF: Coates Balotelli
    DF: Degen Balotelli
    MF: Babel Balotelli
    MF: Aquilani Balotelli
    MF: Poulsen Balotelli
    MF: Cole Balotelli
    FW: Andy Carroll Balotelli
    FW: Voronin Balotelli

Fixed that for ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

brevity wrote:
    Jovanovic.

Agreed for Babel instead who for all his frustration at least delivered on the big stage (Lyon, Chelsea, Arsenal, United). Biggest enigma I've ever witnessed play for Liverpool though but ultimately not as talented as he/the club thought he'd be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Roy as manager.
    Who?:confused:

Speaking of Bogdan. Is he still around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Speaking of Bogdan. Is he still around?

Yup, was another one who tore his cruciate I think...whatever it was it was very long term and serious anyway.

Looks so good on the ball in the final third, but looked disinterested off it. Really just seems to be a temperament issue with him. Only seemed to mentally switch on when he got in possession in and around their box. Such a shame though, as there's clearly a talented player in there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement