Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Managed to battle through 3 posts. Even worse than some of the anti-Klopp agendas on here, and that's saying something.

Anyone who thinks he should be under enormous pressure if we don't get top 4 this season needs their head examined.

Anti-Klopp agendas on here??? Stop being a jive turkey and elaborate on these so called agendas, if anyone on here has ever posted that they want Klopp out then please quote because I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Really don't think benteke and Charlie Adams should be in there. What about all that other ****e we signed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Vicxas wrote: »
    Speaking of Bogdan. Is he still around?

Playing for Wigan now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Really don't think benteke and Charlie Adams should be in there. What about all that other ****e we signed.

Jonjo 'Shoulda kept him/hope we have a buyback clause' Shelvey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Playing for Wigan now I think.

Nah, he's back with us now. Was on loan with Wigan, then destroyed his knee so he's been back since November or so I think. Out for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp is right about atmosphere .
    Anfield should be loudest stadium even when it's Swansea who are visiting. The silence helps the opposition as much as it hinders us .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So Anfield will be reduced in capacity next season by about 800 from what I can see. 1000 seats to be removed to allow for 200 more wheelchair access seats.

I know Anfield was called out as not being compliant with regulations for wheelchair access,but that seems like a lot of seats to lose for this, especially when there is no real sign that the Anfield Road end will be developed in the coming seasons.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/252663-lfc-confirms-stadium-accessibility-plans-for-2017-18-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    So Anfield will be reduced in capacity next season by about 800 from what I can see. 1000 seats to be removed to allow for 200 more wheelchair access seats.

I know Anfield was called out as not being compliant with regulations for wheelchair access,but that seems like a lot of seats to lose for this, especially when there is no real sign that the Anfield Road end will be developed in the coming seasons.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/252663-lfc-confirms-stadium-accessibility-plans-for-2017-18-season

so there will be 1000 less member seats available i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

5starpool wrote: »

I think United lost a couple thousand seats for the same reason recently.

• Advertisement

so there will be 1000 less member seats available i say

Probably. Season ticket holders will be moved,but yep,it will ultimately be the members that lose out, not the season ticket holders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

David Wagners Huddersfield Town are up to fifth in the Championship beating Brighton and Choke Albion 3-1 tonight, still 7 points off the automatic places but building a head of steam with 7 wins in their last 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Probably click bait but Rafas future in doubt?

https://twitter.com/mhardysport/status/827283315069628417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mike Ashley not keeping his promises is what most of the papers are running with and Rafa could quit.

Anyone shocked at Ashley not keeping his promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

David Wagners Huddersfield Town are up to fifth in the Championship beating Brighton and Choke Albion 3-1 tonight, still 7 points off the automatic places but building a head of steam with 7 wins in their last 10

They're a good side and they'll be right in the hunt if Brighton and Newcastle don't hold it together. Garry Monk has Leeds playing good football too, though. Right there waiting for an opportunity.

On the LFC interests in the Championship, Indo (UK not Ireland) are reporting that Rafa is finished at Newcastle in the coming weeks/months after a dispute over transfers. I mean, I'm stunned. Who thought the combination of Rafa Benitez and Mike Ashley wouldn't go together...?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/rafa-benitez-newcastle-manager-future-in-doubt-transfer-policy-a7560331.html

^^

Well, lads, ye beat me to it. If I could type faster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently Mike Ashley was breaking promises and being a crap owner again.

• Advertisement

Ashley will never get a better manager at his club these days, the man is a total tool.

Mike Ashley not keeping his promises is what most of the papers are running with and Rafa could quit.

About as shocked as I am at Benitez clashing with the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I got banned here before for saying what I think of Ashley. Only he could look a gift horse like Benitez in the mouth. Amazed Newcastle hasnt been completely ruined yet but its not far off with a piece of work like him at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ashley needs to sell to someone else, or Newcastle will forever be in the mire.

The man is a tool, and i'm not surprised that he broke his promises to Benitez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ian Ayre off to 1860 Munich (who!?) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38852394

• Advertisement

Ian Ayre off to 1860 Munich (who!?) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38852394

Best of luck to him, are we hiring a replacement?

Mike Edwards is the new CEO.

Thought Ayre was retiring or something. Pity he won't stay on, he'll be a huge loss IMO from what I can gather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Isnt he the sporting director??? My understanding is that a CEO will be announced at a later date.

Edwards will do all player contracts, buying and selling and sporting side but someone else will run the buiness side of things in the position of CEO.
    A further step by FSG to adapt a structure which Klopp and the Germans have been using for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strange that Ayre is going to Germany. Big move for him.

He's been good for the club overall now we need someone to get us to the next level.

Which expert from boards is applying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

murpho999 wrote: »

He's been good for the club overall now we need someone to get us to the next level.

I presumed we were going to be head-hunted as a unit. A hive-mind of sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Edwards is the Sporting Director, he was appointed last November.

Reds appoint Michael Edwards as sporting director

CEO is a totally different ball game.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Three reasons:
    • Drive his Harley on the Autobahn.
    • Beer (think Oktoberfest).
    • Tall, blonde hair blue eyed girls.
    I nominate Potential Underachiever to be our representative.

Augeo wrote: »
    Thought Ayre was retiring or something. Pity he won't stay on, he'll be a huge loss IMO from what I can gather.
    Headhunting Ian Ayre is the best thing Hicks and Gillett did for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Lived in Muinich 25yrs ago and kinda adopted them as my team. Best analogy would be (at that time) that they were the Man City to Man Utd - they draw their support from people that actually live in the City as opposed to Bayern fans that can come from anywhere that want to follow a team of stars that always win. They went from the Bayernliga to Second Bundesliga and then the Bundesliga in three seasons in the mid 90's - had previously won the Bundesliga sometime in the 60's - so a proud and passionate fan base. They have ground shared with Bayern for a long time now - I think since the mid 90's - first in the old Olympia Stadion and now in the Allianz Arena. Great opportunity for Ayre to build on a core of dedicated fans and get some cash in so they can invest in players and build a squad that can get back into the Bundesliga - good luck to him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Talisman wrote: »

Cool, I'd pull the trigger on a few signings whether Klopp wants them or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Talisman wrote: »

Cool, I'd pull the trigger on a few signings whether Klopp wants them or not.
    Robbie Keane might add something up front

eyerer wrote: »
    Robbie Keane might add something up front

Boyhood dream that is lads.

I presumed we were going to be head-hunted as a unit. A hive-mind of sorts.

ST%2BTNG%2BHugh.gif

Or maybe more like a flock of starlings, a bunch of annoying bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    ST%2BTNG%2BHugh.gif

Or maybe more like a flock of starlings, a bunch of annoying bastards.

WE ARE THE KLIQUE. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS AND JOKES WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN LIST. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, UNLESS MODERATELY WITTY AND/OR SENSIBLE

It's the calm before the 'lose away to Hull' storm that could well arrive here tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thread should be locked for 48 hours after a bad result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gimli2112 wrote: »

I just avoid it for a day at least, and then briefly scan through the pages and read the most thanked ones to get a general idea of what the thread was saying.

Feck stewing in the doom and gloom afterwards!

Billy Hogan is the new CEO

• Advertisement

To be forever known in thread as Hulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And if he does badly, TNA Hulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

gimli2112 wrote: »

id prefer if the players were flogged for 48 hours after a bad result,thats just me though.

I think penny has dropped regarding these so called poor teams we play. I would hope we play them with the respect they deserve and keep it tight and work ourselves into game.
    Need to pack midfield, get men behind ball and be patient, class should show over 90 mins. No point in going there to attack straight from the off and be a goal or two down because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

martyos121 wrote: »
    And if he does badly, TNA Hulk.

And if he ever thinks he's bigger than the club, Hollywood

Reminds me of The Hulk, used to play striker for Porto iirc. Whatever happened to him, remember him being linked to Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

eyerer wrote: »
    Reminds me of The Hulk, used to play striker for Porto iirc. Whatever happened to him, remember him being linked to Chelsea

Making a packet in China after making a packet in Russia.

Seems a waste of talent but who would turn down their crazy wages

Making a packet in China after making a packet in Russia.

Incredible .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I think penny has dropped regarding these so called poor teams we play. I would hope we play them with the respect they deserve and keep it tight and work ourselves into game.
    Need to pack midfield, get men behind ball and be patient, class should show over 90 mins. No point in going there to attack straight from the off and be a goal or two down because of it.

I thought this was how we played against Swansea. And it didn't work.

I see your reasoning but we're just not very good at playing that way. Not at the mo anyhow.

I would get Emre Can out of there and go Lallana - Hendo - Wij in the middle with Coutinho Firminho Mane up top and just go for it from the start.

Hull would be delighted if we sit off and it's 0-0 at half-time.

Go for the kill from the start, it suits us better.

Incredible .

It really is a tale to astonish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement