Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Incredible .

He smashed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brevity wrote: »
    He smashed it.

It's a Banner day for this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gamma

Radiation

Hull are going to fucking smash us tomorrow, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Don't mind them Agent C, he was making Fizzy drinks in Mexico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thread's becoming an Abomination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some boring stats

268 shots at goal
    143 on target
    52 goals
    conversion rate 19.4% (this number has held pretty firm over the season as a whole despite the recent lack of goals)
    40 mins per goal.
    45 from within the area
    6 penos scored (5 conceded)

Passes 14002
    Passes completed 11623 (83%)
    Av 608 passes per game.
    Forward 33.5, left 26.2, right 25.6, back 14.7
    Crosses 345 successful 64 (18.5%)

Goals conceded 28 Av 1.2 PPG
    CS 6
    Tackles 452, tackles won 325
    Duels 2699, duels won 1283*
    Aerial duels 847, duels won 363

Points won from a losing/drawing position 10 (Arsenal win, Swansea win, Palace win, Chelsea draw)
    Points lost from a winning/draw position 12 (Bournemouth loss, West Ham draw, Sunderland draw, Man Utd draw, Swansea loss)

*not sure what a duel is unless it's a "take on" where a player attempts to go past an opponent if so dunno why it's the the defence section of the Telegraph stats. Squawka stats differ esp aerial duels - 45% won they say using Opta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Big game tomorrow, really could make or break our season.
    Feeling good about it though looks like we'll have our strongest first 11 for a long time.

martyos121 wrote: »

You better hope not, you wouldn't like this thread when it's angry.

Anyway, that's enough with the Hulk references, I think we should let him go

tPwwjO.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You guys make me green with envy.

tumblr_nf440t909O1sqf5tdo1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

martyos121 wrote: »

Yep, I'm gone back to the Rodgers final season of expecting the worst.

I called it at the start of December I think, United to clinch fourth on the last day of the season with us in fifth. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

dogbert27 wrote: »

I called it at the start of December I think, United to clinch fourth on the last day of the season with us in fifth. :pac:

There's only one team finishing fourth.

Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dogbert27 wrote: »

Nonsense....

It goes Champions, Runner-up, Third, Arsenal.

So an Arsenal win or a draw the best result in the opening game tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm always in favour of a draw in these kinds of circumstances, as 4 collective points get dropped instead of 3.

If it was a bit later in the season, i'd say Arsenal win, but while there's even a tiny chance of Chelsea slipping up, ill be happy to see them drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chelsea win unfortunately

As optimistic as I was before January happened, I'd have to hope for a Chelsea win tomorrow to put me out of my misery. As long as they're within 9 points of us, I'll foolishly hope for a title challenge. Hope they destroy Arsenal so that we have a great chance of a top 4 finish. It's the goal now, whether we like it or not.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

8-10 wrote: »
    Chelsea win unfortunately

We're quite unlikely to catch them anyhow so that would be a positive result. No terrible result for us though, unless of course we are only looking at it from the point of view of chances of winning the league and Chelsea win.

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »

This isn't some sudden defense of Utd being ****e in January from me but tbf Marco Silva he has them playing some decent football from what I have watched so far.
    Not the easiest of games

With Matip back, Henderson seemingly managing his heel issue, coutinho back & with 120 + mins under his belt, Mane back and Bobby back central we should be able to put Hull away.

Mig had a brain fart during the week so fingers crossed none for another while.

3 pts from last 12 and we're still OK in the PL table, a win tomorrow makes it 6 from 15 in 2017.... if we drop points tomorrow it's not a huge issue I suppose.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This isn't some sudden defense of Utd being ****e in January from me but tbf Marco Silva he has them playing some decent football from what I have watched so far.
    Not the easiest of games

Someone posted it the last day but there's nearly a pattern for us losing games like this.

New manager
    Away to a team we already beat well
    Promoted team
    Lost our last away game against them

Strange thing to say, but a win tomorrow will be two points gained for me, I'm not expecting any more than a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Last six games v Hull
    W2
    L2
    D2

Oh Its a banker alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

We'll win today, oh and we'll get 3rd or 4th imo.

Only one person got the tales to astonish reference. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Only one person got the tales to astonish reference. Very disappointing.

Know the feels, managed one single thank for telling you to let the Rembrant puns Van Gogh last week.

Hangballlouie would be spinning in his grave.

Just saving up my thanks for today I sense it's going to be a good day for whoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Lads I know this might bother a few of ye but I'm going to leave it up to you.

Who would you go for as your fantasy league captain this weekend between Firmino and Mane?

Firmino has been poor of late but at least his dd hearing is over and he has Mane back, allowing him to play through the centre.

Mane is Mane.

I'm inclined myself to go with Firmino.

Just looking for a bit of banter while at work this morning!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Know the feels, managed one single thank for telling you to let the Rembrant puns Van Gogh last week.

Hangballlouie would be spinning in his grave.

Yeah I thought the benefit of being in this click was all the thanks you could throw a pun at.

Lads I know this might bother a few of ye but I'm going to leave it up to you.

Who would you go for as your fantasy league captain this weekend between Firmino and Mane?

Firmino has been poor of late but at least his dd hearing is over and he has Mane back, allowing him to play through the centre.

Mane is Mane.

I'm inclined myself to go with Firmino.

Just looking for a bit of banter while at work this morning!

I went with Mane instead of Fun Bobby so Bobby is nailed on for a hat trick now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not the easiest of games

Don't cod yourself, Liverpool are going to demonstrate how easily Hull can be dismantled.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I went with Mane instead of Fun Bobby so Bobby is nailed on for a hat trick now.

Well that's good enough for me!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't play FF, but I believe the appropriate thing to do is remove all Liverpool players and replace them with utd players which will help us win and prevent them from doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't cod yourself, Liverpool are going to demonstrate how easily Hull can be dismantled.

And then Hull will go down the other end and do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Apparently, Can is struggling with a calf injury with a while so that may be responsible for his poor form with the last while.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emre-can-problem-jurgen-klopp-12553617

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hopefully he gets a break today so, not needed in a game like this anyway. Play Lallana in the middle and finally let the front three get back to their favourite spots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Milner needs a rest, maybe Clyne at left back and TAA at right back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Hoping Chelsea beat arsenal today to improve our top 4 chances

A £60m plus £1 bid for Sanchez its bloody obvious from his body language that he doesn't want to be in that Arsenal team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not watching but Sanchez not giving a **** about being at Arsenal would actually count against him in Klopps eye's I expect.

• Advertisement

I'd have been happy with going for Sanchez when Suarez left, thought he'd be a decent though obviously inferior replacement, wouldn't touch him now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Game is on tv today
    Ski Sporty a cúig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The match commentary is on Today FM if people can't get to a computer screen today.

Sanchez not worth the money now.
    I'd rather buy some raw talent with correct attributes for our team

Whoops wrong thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd have been happy with going for Sanchez when Suarez left, thought he'd be a decent though obviously inferior replacement, wouldn't touch him now though.
    Sanchez not worth the money now.
    I'd rather buy some raw talent with correct attributes for our team

What is this nonsense? This is too far lads. Sanchez is the best player in the Premier League currently and would be worth every penny. He would instantly be our best player. :confused:

mormank wrote: »
    What is this nonsense? This is too far lads. Sanchez is the best player in the Premier League currently and would be worth every penny. He would instantly be our best player. :confused:

Age, he'd be 5 months off 29 if we bought him in summer. And at 60m that would not be something of value, his talent not in question, just the economics of it.

Hazard scored a brilliant goal, was Maradonna like. One thing I find with us is that we pass pass pass rather than commit players by running with ball. It's why we have trouble breaking teams down, City also love to run at players, as do Arsenal.
    Can't just pass pass pass, you need to run by players with ball into space, yes it will break down 8 times out of 10 but that's football, you win ball back and go again.

It's not like Mané did the exact same thing against Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yeah, we'd turn our nose up at Alexis! Best to wait until we can find the 'right' player huh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement