Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agree with Rob. The Championship is actually fairly decent, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is Sturridge out for tonight?

Play them all ta fúck, want to see us win a trophy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Just got access to the soccer forum, I now fear for my sanity :D

Not sure if this was mentioned in the match thread. I was watching the Sunderland match on Bein Sports. With the commentary in Arabic the only thing understandable were the players names.

Anyhoo midway during the second half Emre Can attempts an overhead kick that goes horribly wrong. The commentators next words were....Jackie Chan......Emre Can.......:pac:

I found it funny at least.

Thanks for the welcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

BullBauld wrote: »

Not sure if this was mentioned in the match thread. I was watching the Sunderland match on Bein Sports. With the commentary in Arabic the only thing understandable were the players names.

Sure how could anyone have mentioned that you were watching the game in Arabic, when you've only just shown your face, ya daft fecker ya.
    Anyhoo midway during the second half Emre Can attempts an overhead kick that goes horribly wrong. The commentators next words were....Jackie Chan......Emre Can.......:pac:

You'll fit right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So you didn't understand the words coming out of their mouths?

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Sure how could anyone have mentioned that you were watching the game in Arabic, when you've only just shown your face, ya daft fecker ya.

Posting access I meant, had reading access alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Gomez will hardly get a run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hefferboi wrote: »
    Gomez will hardly get a run?

No chance, far too early. He played 90 mins in Under 23 game on Monday night and came out of it fine. So hopefully won't be too long before he's pushing for a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

kfallon wrote: »
    Is Sturridge out for tonight?

Play them all ta fúck, want to see us win a trophy!

Absolutely, with no European football this season and the benefits to the squad of winning a trophy, there's no excuse for not going balls out at this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

There are. Mounting injuries and African cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Absolutely, with no European football this season and the benefits to the squad of winning a trophy, there's no excuse for not going balls out at this...

We are, here's an exclusive of our kit for tonights match.

Hmmm I had a pic in a spoiler tag but I don't think it'd work and is maybe NSFW

Was just Simon from Inbetweeners with his bollock out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

446 posts in ten years on Boards?? Harry's been known to top that in a day.

Welcome. We're gonna march to the title and half of us will get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

dont mention the pandas .. I might have earlier but I think I got away with it ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Would it not be more prudent to ask what he had for breakfast first?

Can't even get that right!

Worst bunch of welcome supporters in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

We got a newb

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzDP0WeZCKReZ5szdLj6svYqwe2MdJs0eHh_GddBb1Ttwh4oHP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Here's your orientation pack:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97480423&postcount=944

Read over and memorise it thoroughly, you won't last long otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Don't know if anyone's posted these already but I really enjoy these tunnel cam videos the club puts up on it's youtube channel. You get a feeling of the atmosphere and it's nice to see some degree of behind the scenes stuff such as:

- Moyes walking out as YNWA is playing: "I can't walk out while they're singing that!"
    - Lovren talking to Can in German
    - Pienaar asking for Origi's shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=803595691243302912

:eek:
    Liverpool have scored more goals (12) from set-pieces than any other side this season and conceded the joint 4th least (4). (Opta). Progress
    1:45 PM - 29 Nov 2016

hang on do penos count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jurgen Klopp:
    "Leeds are one of the greatest teams. I know this because James Milner tells me, again and again and again"

:D:D

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Here's your orientation pack:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97480423&postcount=944

Read over and memorise it thoroughly, you won't last long otherwise.

Thanks everyone. Ye'll have the enthusiasm whipped out of me in no time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Thanks everyone. Ye'll have the enthusiasm whipped out of me in no time :pac:
    Ah sure we'll pretend you're not a rarnes1 re-reg for a while anyway:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I thought you were rarnes1....

95bbe6c9a497f135b94a1ee07bf9571b.jpg

Dammit, spotted again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Klavan, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Ejaria, Wijnaldum, Can, Mane, Origi. Subs: Karius, Lovren, Clyne, Henderson, Milner, Woodburn, Grujic.

Ejaria in the front 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Take any kind of a win tonight and hopefully avoid injury and extra-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Was hoping to see Grujic get 90'.

• Advertisement

Was hoping to see Grujic get 90'.

Strange alright seeing as he has been on the bench a good bit this season. I would have expected him to start or be on the bench unless he's injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Grujic on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ejaria in the front 3?

I'd say Ejaria, Stewert and Can in midfield, Wijnaldum in the front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Unless he has plans for Grujic on Sunday im not sure about him on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Did I hear that right, Woodburn has broken Michael Owen's record for youngest goalscorer? Huzzah if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

razorblunt wrote: »
    Did I hear that right, Woodburn has broken Michael Owen's record for youngest goalscorer? Huzzah if so.

Yup. Fuck the circus - this is what football's all about. Behold, Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorer.
    https://twitter.com/lfcgif/status/803712964800946177

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

razorblunt wrote: »

Youngest ever by 3 months. Got socks older than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Over the moon for young Woodburn. That's the stuff of dreams for any young lad. He won't sleep a feckin wink tonight I'd say from replaying that in his mind.
    Wonderful moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gotta be happy with that, leeds played well but we persevered and got the result. Origi had an off game but took his goal well, 2 goals in 2 now which is superb with the injuries we have he looks like he will step up.

Trent arnold looks a good player already at this level, should provide good back up to clyne, ejaria didnt do a whole pile but hes only young and has a long way to go. Woodburn, delighted for him the smile on his face after he belted in his goal is what football is all about, sheer and utter joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If I was a man in a quarry I'd be hiding under a rock for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now Lucas is one player I'd like to see join the coaching team when he retires there is a future manager in him.

• Advertisement

Well that was never in doubt was it? ;)

Strange game, Leeds were fully up for it esp in the second half showing lots of good energy (the away crowd helping I think) but in the end no one can stop Derek in a cup competition. No Grujic was weird frankly, Woodburn coming on for Stewart was in no way obvious and yet he scores the goal that made sure for his place in history. Only Klopp would have that level of foresight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with the win. Delighted for Woodburn !! 3 semis in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Very happy with the win. Delighted for Woodburn !! 3 semis in a row.

Not that delighted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Now Lucas is one player I'd like to see join the coaching team when he retires there is a future manager in him.

Send him off to get his badges, then maybe start in League 2, then maybe he could become the youth team coach, as long as the camera doesn't pan to him in the crowd I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good win, clean sheet and Michael Owen loses a record.

What more could one ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

murpho999 wrote: »
    Good win, clean sheet and Michael Owen loses a record.

What more could one ask for?

Reasonably priced alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We win again, it's getting boring now.
    I miss the good olde days of being knocked out early, and being 8th in league .
    There was a lot to discuss back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Delighted for Woodburn & his agent Harry Palmr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We lacked fluidity for long periods, but we stayed patient. Alexander-Arnold looks like a genuine prospect. Origi took his goal well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well that was never in doubt was it? ;)

Strange game, Leeds were fully up for it esp in the second half showing lots of good energy (the away crowd helping I think) but in the end no one can stop Derek in a cup competition. No Grujic was weird frankly, Woodburn coming on for Stewart was in no way obvious and yet he scores the goal that made sure for his place in history. Only Klopp would have that level of foresight.

Was wondering myself at that one, Leeds seemed to be going for it so I'd say he wanted to exploit that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement