Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

mormank wrote: »
    What is this nonsense? This is too far lads. Sanchez is the best player in the Premier League currently and would be worth every penny. He would instantly be our best player. :confused:

Disagree completely with this - he is playing like he is going through the motions until he gets his move away

The second point you are right though

I personally wouldnt take him. We are not exactly competing at a higher level than Arsenal on the field or off. What would he get at Liverpool that he doesnt get at Arsenal? The only thing I could think is Klopp and moving to a team that hopes to compete. So if he is sulking there, there is no reason he wouldnt down tools here eventually as well.

We need to find a young player on the rise and not a mercenary who is considering China as an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What is this nonsense? This is too far lads. Sanchez is the best player in the Premier League currently and would be worth every penny. He would instantly be our best player. :confused:

What is this nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lovren injured. Or just poor form?

It's officially February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah this is set up too nicely, we're losing to Hull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Age, he'd be 5 months off 29 if we bought him in summer. And at 60m that would not be something of value, his talent not in question, just the economics of it.

When Wolves and Villa both of whom are in the bottom half of the Championship are spending £15m on forwards £60m for a player like Sanchez would be value for money it's the economics of it ;)

My original post was mostly in jest about signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fvcking Lucas @ Centre back, WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Yeah this is set up too nicely, we're losing to Hull.

Today's the day we have absolutely no excuses. Forget about Hull being harder to beat under new management. It's been a while since we've taken a team apart or even won impressively. Has to start today given that we have Mané, Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino back on the field together for the first time in a while.
    Lovren's been poor lately anyway though I'm never convinced by Lucas as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

When was the last time we had a good run of games with two first choice centre backs? We constantly seem to have issues there. I'm struggling to remember a any long run of games with first choice defence actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lovren injured. Or just poor form?

Knee injury. KLaven ill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Age, he'd be 5 months off 29 if we bought him in summer. And at 60m that would not be something of value, his talent not in question, just the economics of it.

Well yeah but we would instantly be favourites for the title next year if we added Sanchez imo. Depends if you wanna win the real league or the net spend league imo. Nothing you can say could change my opinion that Sanchez would be a fantastic signing and I cannot read two posters saying they wouldn't take Sanchez and not add some balance/realism....

How many times this season have we actually started what would be considered our strongest 11 together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well yeah but we would instantly be favourites for the title next year if we added Sanchez imo. Depends if you wanna win the real league or the net spend league imo. Nothing you can say could change my opinion that Sanchez would be a fantastic signing and I cannot read two posters saying they wouldn't take Sanchez and not add some balance/realism....

No we wouldn't. We still wouldn't be able to defend.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Disagree completely with this - he is playing like he is going through the motions until he gets his move away

The second point you are right though

I personally wouldnt take him. We are not exactly competing at a higher level than Arsenal on the field or off. What would he get at Liverpool that he doesnt get at Arsenal? The only thing I could think is Klopp and moving to a team that hopes to compete. So if he is sulking there, there is no reason he wouldnt down tools here eventually as well.

We need to find a young player on the rise and not a mercenary who is considering China as an option
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    What is this nonsense?

Ok name a better player than him. He has 15 goals and 9 assists according to FF. I know all those assists aren't traditional ones but they show his goal involvement nonetheless. Even if he was a striker that would be phenomenal never mind starting most games on the wing. Anyway he is easily top 3 and my point remains that he would instantly be our best player and we would be lucky to get him, not turn our noses up at him!!

OK so who would Sanchez replace??

Coutihno? Firmino?? - is he better than them?

Mane?? - surely not. He is the only alternative type of player we have up front and our only pace

We need to add something up front but they need to be a natural goal scorer and not another creative player

We have too many number 10's and not enough finishers

Got my stream running and we're not 1 down...I'll take that.

Ok name a better player than him. He has 15 goals and 9 assists according to FF. I know all those assists aren't traditional ones but they show his goal involvement nonetheless. Even if he was a striker that would be phenomenal never mind starting most games on the wing. Anyway he is easily top 3 and my point remains that he would instantly be our best player and we would be lucky to get him, not turn our noses up at him!!

Costa
    De Bruyne
    Dele Alli
    on current form anyway. I'd have Sanchez in the morning but it ain't happening.

To be honest we could probably do with someone like Walcott instead of Sanchez. Sanchez is obviously a great player but he isnt needed.

Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana all do a great job as creative players. We dont need to spend 60 million to upgrade on them.

We lack an out and out striker and we keep conceding goals so I would hope if we planned to spend 60 million it would be one those issues rather than Sanchez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mosstin wrote: »
    Costa
    De Bruyne
    Dele Alli
    e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.jpg

To be honest we could probably do with someone like Walcott instead of Sanchez. Sanchez is obviously a great player but he isnt needed.

Ah-Heyor-672x480.jpg

You were doing well up until that.

• Advertisement

Ah-Heyor-672x480.jpg

You were doing well up until that.

haha yea story of my life

All I mean is that we lack raw pace when Mane is not playing and that is something we could do with up front. Obviously I would prefer someone like aubameyang as he is just another level but when considering the traits we need I think Walcott could be a cheaper option as a squad player.

When Mane was gone to AFCON we had nobody to replace him and it was evident. We need a player with pace.

Players like Walcott, Lucas Moura, Biabiany these are the type of player we need up front if we are not (I am not sure Klopp wants one in his system) going for an out and out striker

You may or may not like the names I have mentioned but they aint important. Its the traits those players have that I am more concerned about - Raw pace

Only getting to see bits and pieces but Can seems to have responded to recent criticism and upped the tempo.

That's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Ardent

Well that's the end of Mignolet's Liverpool career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Migtard strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got my stream running and we're not 1 down...I'll take that.

Shhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dreadful - Can is a waste of a place, Clyne won't go past anyone, Coutinho cold as ice, Mignolet Mignoletting.

Said it before but these teams know they can camp in their box for 85 minutes and we'll cough up 2-3 good chances for them to win the game.

Seriously time to give old man Manninger a run out in goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Erm yes easily, Coutinho different type of player but Sanchez is miles better than Firmino, serious overrating of him on your behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Can Sanchez play in goals??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm not even surprised anymore. Klopp can't get the team to function and it's been happening for a while now.

emre can still offers nothing yet still starts ahead of wijnaldum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Our form

tommen-jumping.gif

Mignolet should've been going through the f*cking Hull player to collect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mignolet determined to show everyone that he's just not up to it. In case we had forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

At the risk of being accused of talking about Sturridge can I say that Coutinho has been pure muck, Can has been pointless, Mignolet well, say no more. We are garbage,time for a defensive coach to come in, Steve Clarke anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mignolet. What a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mignolet should've been going through the f*cking Hull player to collect that.

He's a ****ing pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We are so ****ing predictable it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nothing but a win is good enough today, we're in a serious run of bad form and the players don't look like they give a shít. Or at least they have no fcuking idea how to fix it.

• Advertisement

I have been saying it for ages but we badly need a defensive coach and a new goalkeeping coach

Ever since Rafas final year, our defence and our keepers have been rubbish and made simple mistakes - that includes Reina who went from one of the top 5 keepers in the world to sh1t

Our coaching of keepers and defenders is not good enough and they obviously need to be coached. These are simple mistakes and things that should be worked on in training but I get the impression that Kenny, Rodgers and now Klopp all tend to lean towards prioritising attacking moves in training and forgetting the defensive side.

I am not looking for a new manager but maybe bring in someone like Hyypia or Carra to work with our defenders in training.

I do feel it is a coaching issue more than it being as simple as every keeper we try is sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shamelessly borrowed
    Unbelievable to think in 2017 Firmino has picked up more points than the whole team combined.

Mane?? - surely not. He is the only alternative type of player we have up front and our only pace

We need to add something up front but they need to be a natural goal scorer and not another creative player

We have too many number 10's and not enough finishers

My goodness. I'm not getting into it. If you people can't see that Sanchez would instantly be our best player then there really is nothing I can say that can change that.
    Anyway, when defending set pieces we need to tell the last 2 or 3 players to stop running away from the goals until the ball is cleared. We keep doing it and it has cost us a few times this season with the goal against West Brom being identical and at least a few other chances being served up the same way. If only we had 1 or 2 more players in the team that took as much pride in a clean sheet as scoring we would be lethal.

Costa
    De Bruyne
    Dele Alli

Well I disagree with all 3 of those, unless by current form you mean just the last game, cos Sanchez has been in fine form the past 10 games or so and going further back has been one of the best performers in the league for at least 2 seasons now....

First half wasn't a complete disaster, in fairness. I got some laundry done.

Doesnt change the fact that Sanchez is not the type of player we need to spend 60 million on

AND Sanchez certainly doesnt need us!!!

First half wasn't a complete disaster, in fairness. I got some laundry done.

Might as well stick on another load.

Might as well stick on another load.

I'm all washed out.

I fancy some laudanum now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Septic stuff,every one of them annoying the fcuk inta me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I havent really criticised Can untill now but he is just playing horribly bad and is hurting the team, he needs to be dropped.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement