Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

This is all down to FSG. They haven't invested in the squad at all and are taking money out of the team.

Go way would ya stop fooling yourself. This is all down to klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Klopp had funds avaialable to him, it's not FSG's fault.

Well then he should be hauled over the coals for not spending it because only an idiot thinks Lucas is good enough at centre-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Klopp has been at fault for months now,playing the same innafective way wk in wk out,no plan b,infact no plan a,everton and it's will finish above us wait and see,this is alot more then a simple loss of form,this is a serious decline and the fault all lies with the manager I'm affraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm doing a coloured wash now if anyone's got anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm doing a coloured wash now if anyone's got anything?

Sorry I've only got some stained whites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've seen match-fixed losing teams play better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Big big clear out needed. Presume I'll be told I'm over reacting but there are about 5 players who are not good enough.

Keeper.

Left full offers nothing at all, opp must think job done when he gets the ball.

Need a dominant in the air CH.

2 Central midfielders (Can/Hend) not good enough. I know Hend has a lot of fans on here but it will only be when we get a proper one that you'll realise how limited he is. He actually blocked one of our passes today trying to get back behind the ball. Shocking.

Centre forward.

2 other things. For the last 10 years it has been the weaker teams who have hurt us but we still come on here and say "the next X number of matches are winnable". LOL.

Finally, if that alternative table isn't ripped up and put in room 101 I'll ****ing explode. Today proves what a lot of bollix it is. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Shur look at all the money we're saving FSG by not spending. Looking likely be 6 years out of 7 that FSG hasn't led us to CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Klopp has been at fault for months now,playing the same innafective way wk in wk out,no plan b,infact no plan a,everton and it's will finish above us wait and see,this is alot more then a simple loss of form,this is a serious decline and the fault all lies with the manager I'm affraid

Who are its?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I could do a whole fcking video reel for arsenaltv all on my fcking own right now,sick of this ****. Have not been so angry in a long fcking time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

martyos121 wrote:
    I've seen match-fixed losing teams play better than this.

Me too. It's worryingly bad at the moment. In such a rut. Can safely forget about any hopes of any European competition currently. Trust Jurgen to find the rhythm going again though

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hull with a draw against the champions elect...is there any point showing up on Saturday?

No is the answer.

2-0 loss away is almost as bad as a 0-0 at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would ya jog on. For some miraculous reason he has got this team consistently in the top 4 the last few months and top 2 for a good bit of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is it the end for Klopp and Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No is the answer.

2-0 loss away is almost as bad as a 0-0 at home.

Quoting yourself? That's a slippery slope.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hull are going to fucking smash us tomorrow, aren't they?

Proven right. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jurgen Klopp has made more mistakes in the past month than any player at Liverpool.

There hasn't been a team that has displayed worse performances and results as Liverpool over the past 5 weeks, not one. We've gotten 3 points from our last 5 league games. 3 of those games were against genuine relegation candidates. 3 of the 4 bottom teams in the league and we lose to 2 of them, getting a draw against the other.

Everyone, EVERYONE, can see the mistakes Klopp is making. Players are clearly tired, players that have replacements available both on the bench and in reserve.

Lucas has been awful and yet is started in defence ahead of an actual defender fighting for his position in Joe Gomez.

Can has been woeful, Klopp has even admitted that he has an injury and needs a break. We have 25m Wijnaldum on the bench who has been playing well AND actually scoring goals. It makes no ****ing sense to not rotate the players and let Wijnaldum play ahead of Can.

Milner is clearly knackered, and even if he says he's fine he's been a liability to the team. He gets the ball on the wing, waits for the defenders to get back into position and then switches back to his right foot, and every defender in the Premier League knows that's what he's going to do.

This isn't just a bad couple of games or poor form, this is far worse than that and I don't see why we should believe it's going to stop any time soon. I've no interest in what Klopp has to say after this game, unless his team can show it on the pitch I just don't care anymore. We've been given a serious chance at getting top 4, achieving our goal, and right now it looks like we're finishing outside of it. As I said, this is all on Jurgen Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Would ya jog on. For some miraculous reason he has got this team consistently in the top 4 the last few months and top 2 for a good bit of that.

In fairness it's looking like he got a team so fit for the start of the season that the had an edge over opponents but we're paying for that now with players looking dead on their feet

Who are its?

Ment utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone who doesn't say that this isn't down to klopp and his stubbornness is misguided.

He needs to switch it up and quickly

Need Middlesbrough to do us a massive favour now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Try harder, much harder.

Trying to put a positive spin on things so bear with me...........

.......there hasn't been a more consistent team in the PL in 2017 than Liverpool.

There. Stay positive, Redmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Unacceptable performance, that's losses to Burnley Bournemouth Swansea and hull so far.

Big challenge for klopp to turn it around now.

Massive change of key personnel and mentality needed to get to the level we want to get.

he is only in the job 15 months but I think he and we would've expected better results and performances against the 'lesser' teams than want we've gotten this yr and last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't say that this isn't down to klopp and his stubbornness is misguided.

He needs to switch it up and quickly

The players dip in form is worrying too. Having a **** keeper is his fault though.

• Advertisement

Ment utd

Who are ment Utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Okay I take it all back it is now officially a crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

I remember id slag my utd supporting mates over mourinhos long balls and now klopp has resorted to a similar relentless emphasis on crossing and sticking matip up front and playing it long when we need a goal near the end, its embaressing.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Need Middlesbrough to do us a massive favour now.

Favours, such as they are, are utterly useless to us when we've shown that we are incapable of beating even the dregs of the PL.

The positivity didn't last long, did it?

He has got it wrong for last few months though has he not and the slide looks like continuing,now if you can't see that then you "jog on"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In big trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

5starpool wrote: »
    Well at least they'll stay there now for a few days at least.

You don't want certain fans posting here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

As a Liverpool fan I think bringing back King Kenny would be great for the club. Hes seen the mistakes of Hodgson, Rodgers and now Klopp, hes that bit older wiser and more experienced. Ferguson did it well into his 70s.
    The team needs a good kick upp the arsee and I really think Kenny could steady the ship if not for the rest of the season but for the next 4/5 years.
    Even Alan Hansen or Robbie Fowler would be a good choice.

Its easy beating $hitzul Fc and Borussia Munchennobodyblack but its a whole different board game in the premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jurgen Klopp has made more mistakes in the past month than any player at Liverpool.

There hasn't been a team that has displayed worse performances and results as Liverpool over the past 5 weeks, not one. We've gotten 3 points from our last 5 league games. 3 of those games were against genuine relegation candidates. 3 of the 4 bottom teams in the league and we lose to 2 of them, getting a draw against the other.

Everyone, EVERYONE, can see the mistakes Klopp is making. Players are clearly tired, players that have replacements available both on the bench and in reserve.

Lucas has been awful and yet is started in defence ahead of an actual defender fighting for his position in Joe Gomez.

Can has been woeful, Klopp has even admitted that he has an injury and needs a break. We have 25m Wijnaldum on the bench who has been playing well AND actually scoring goals. It makes no ****ing sense to not rotate the players and let Wijnaldum play ahead of Can.

Milner is clearly knackered, and even if he says he's fine he's been a liability to the team. He gets the ball on the wing, waits for the defenders to get back into position and then switches back to his right foot, and every defender in the Premier League knows that's what he's going to do.

This isn't just a bad couple of games or poor form, this is far worse than that and I don't see why we should believe it's going to stop any time soon. I've no interest in what Klopp has to say after this game, unless his team can show it on the pitch I just don't care anymore. We've been given a serious chance at getting top 4, achieving our goal, and right now it looks like we're finishing outside of it. As I said, this is all on Jurgen Klopp.

Nicely put, add to it that Firmino has been hot garbage for a couple of months too and no sign of him being rested, he was completely anonymous in the 2nd half today, shame the replacements arent up to much either but then again why the fck did we not sign someone in January.

The result is bad enough, but what really pisses me off is the manner in which we just laid down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In big trouble

What exactly is wrong? Fatigue a factor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp is a very good manager but there is no substitute in this league for spending money on good players. There's just no way around it. And we've made a profit in both of the last two transfers windows. We're trying to get top 4 on the bare minimum.

klose wrote: »
    I remember id slag my utd supporting mates over mourinhos long balls and now klopp has resorted to a similar relentless emphasis on crossing and sticking matip up front and playing it long when we need a goal near the end, its embaressing.

I was laughed at a while back for saying I'd have kept Benteke instead of Sturridge. Given how teams have set up against us recently and that Sturridge has offered f*ck all for over a year now, Benteke would've been a much better option when we have to resort to playing the United way.

Its easy beating $hitzul Fc and Borussia Munchennobodyblack but its a whole different board game in the premier League.
    Jason McAteer might be worth a shout while we're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

No is the answer to this, but he cut a lonely figure for the last 10 minutes sitting on the hoarding and leaving the field before the end.

It's a big test for Klopp. While I didn't swallow all the hype early in the season, it's clear he has a lot to offer as a head coach. Regardless of FSG leaving a less than perfect squad, there is no balance to our play. The same problems with defensive systems, goalkeeping errors, no plan B, no set piece threar etc etc are there and not improving. It takes coaches to coach and do their job, so it's a big test for all concerned.

The cracks in the squad (mignolet, milner, Lucas, can) have been papered over and are coming home to roost now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

As a Liverpool fan I think bringing back King Kenny would be great for the club. Hes seen the mistakes of Hodgson, Rodgers and now Klopp, hes that bit older wiser and more experienced. Ferguson did it well into his 70s.
    The team needs a good kick upp the arsee and I really think Kenny could steady the ship if not for the rest of the season but for the next 4/5 years.

Can I try those drugs too

First we lose, now we have to listen to Keith Andrews analyse the game.

I'm readying the noose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nalz wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong? Fatigue a factor?

Absolutely because there's no depth to the squad. Who was happy at the start of the season with the prospect of Milner being full-back?

Six months later and it hasn't been addressed.

Jason McAteer might be worth a shout while we're at it.
    No thats an awful choice mate nobody would respect him sure hes gayy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Am I reading too much into Klopp taking Milner off a few mins after they had a bit of a go at each other? Neither looked happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Oh, and before any more "neutrals" come in spouting their shít, no, Liverpool fans do not want Klopp out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Klopp is a very good manager but there is no substitute in this league for spending money on good players. There's just no way around it. And we've made a profit in both of the last two transfers windows. We're trying to get top 4 on the bare minimum.

Think it might actually be 3 windows in a row we've made money. Last summer the two teams below us probably spent £300m between them. Whilst it didn't work initially, I'd expect them to chase us down.

Jesus wept.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can I try those drugs too

Pm sent

• Advertisement

I actually don't think this is a slide,i think what we did at start Of The season was way above us and this is the real us now,this is more like our lvl because TBH most of that team should be ****ed out,sturridge,can,lovren,lucas,mignolet,karius,moreno,in fact TBH clyne,lallana,wynaldum aren't up to much either,im actually sick to death of watching this team now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement