Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Need Middlesbrough to do us a massive favour now.

And Swansea and Leicester, sorry but that ain't going to happen we're dropping out of the top 4 & I would be surprised if we get back in this season. Incredibly bad defence and no regular supplier of goals, no striker could cover all our mistakes mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

45 crosses today. 0 goals. What exactly was the tactical thinking behind today's match? Worryingly, I'm not so sure it was thought through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

While its 100% correct for Klopp to get a bit of stick its also important to remember that he was the one who got us playing the best football seen in the league this season.

We're in an awful run, players look tired. Maybe Klopp thought with no Europe the impact of no winter break would be lessened. Hopefully he's learnt that it isn't. We look slow, ponderous, devoid of ideas and a hundred other cliches.

I can only assume that Gini has a knock or something... or maybe he's playing Can since he was great against Chelsea but today we were going to be playing a team who were happy to concede possession. Thats where we need Gini.

We won't go out and make huge signings in the summer. We'll be active and i hope the talent we bring in has a high ceiling but as tough as it is to accept Klopp took on this job as a project. And its still one. We're better than we were (as a squad) when he took over. We (despite current form) had a good summer this year with 3 very good first team players (Gini, Matip and Mane) and i still have hope for Karius (who has to come back in now surely). If we hit at that rate next summer we'll be in a much better position. Top 4 was a big ask this year but i could still see us going on another great run. We just need that one big win... hopefully we get it soon tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nalz wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong? Fatigue a factor?

Lack of squad depth to shake it up and freshen up for players who are struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Absolutely because there's no depth to the squad. Who was happy at the start of the season with the prospect of Milner being full-back?

Six months later and it hasn't been addressed.

Millner at full back is not the problem believe me

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I actually don't think this is a slide,i think what we did at start Of The season was way above us and this is the real us now,this is more like our lvl because TBH most of that team should be ****ed out,sturridge,can,lovren,lucas,mignolet,karius,moreno,in fact TBH clyne,lallana,wynaldum aren't up to much either,im actually sick to death of watching this team now

Then stop watching. And stop posting here too. If you think this is our true form then you're deluded. This is relegation form. Thats a team full of good players not playing well, they're prob not as good as they looked earlier in the season but they're not this bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Millner at full back is not the problem believe me

He absolutely is. He's defensively poor, leaves the centre-backs exposed too often and creatively offers little more than crossing the ball for the centre-backs to clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I have criticised klopp probably longer and more than anyone
    But we are not going to get a better manager than him and anyone looking him to go are mad
    Problem I have always had was his stubbornness especially in making substitutions or not making them more to the point
    Also there never seems to be a plan b
    You can tell the way the game is going after 5 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    While its 100% correct for Klopp to get a bit of stick its also important to remember that he was the one who got us playing the best football seen in the league this season.

We're in an awful run, players look tired. Maybe Klopp thought with no Europe the impact of no winter break would be lessened. Hopefully he's learnt that it isn't. We look slow, ponderous, devoid of ideas and a hundred other cliches.

I can only assume that Gini has a knock or something... or maybe he's playing Can since he was great against Chelsea but today we were going to be playing a team who were happy to concede possession. Thats where we need Gini.

We won't go out and make huge signings in the summer. We'll be active and i hope the talent we bring in has a high ceiling but as tough as it is to accept Klopp took on this job as a project. And its still one. We're better than we were (as a squad) when he took over. We (despite current form) had a good summer this year with 3 very good first team players (Gini, Matip and Mane) and i still have hope for Karius (who has to come back in now surely). If we hit at that rate next summer we'll be in a much better position. Top 4 was a big ask this year but i could still see us going on another great run. We just need that one big win... hopefully we get it soon tho.

Plus while we are going through a horrible run and dont look like scoring

We are still top scorers in the league

Klopp just needs to fix this and I think he can. I am just worried about how many more poor performances will happen before that.

At least we are at the end of the run of two games a week so we can get back to training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We had 2 losses after 5 months and now we've lost 5 games in 1 month.

• Advertisement

He absolutely is. He's defensively poor, leaves the centre-backs exposed too often and creatively offers little more than crossing the ball for the centre-backs to clear.

He was great earlier in the year when we had more active pressing but now that teams just sit back and concede possession he offers nothing. He slows the ball down too much and can't get back. Moreno would offer a lot more and tbh at this stage i don't think he'd leave us any more exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

I think Alan Shearer was a correct a couple of weeks back when he said it was a mentality thing with our players. We have no problem beating or drawing with the bigger teams but when it comes to putting away the so called smaller teams we fail miserably. Liverpool Football Club has literally been like this for ****ing decades now. Big time Charlie's. Sick to the teeth of a great result against top teams and then the following week fluffing it against the likes of Hull. And you know what is the worst thing.....it's actually so predictable now. Several posters in here called this result a couple of days ago.

FSG/Klopp not buying someone to replace Mane is criminal. Our momentum was completely lost when he left. It's ridiculous that a team who had title ambitions are playing a make shift left back all season. It's a credit to Klopp that he has us in the top four at the moment with a squad I think without doubt is the worst in the top six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This is you,yeah?

3e05a0e8fa4630e1b576395f49377b205da6040b5c90f16f9f8ebc8d8205b1e1.jpg

I have criticised klopp probably longer and more than anyone
    But we are not going to get a better manager than him and anyone looking him to go are mad
    Problem I have always had was his stubbornness especially in making substitutions or not making them more to the point
    Also there never seems to be a plan b
    You can tell the way the game is going after 5 minutes

The same is often said about Pep and about Simeone. This breed of managers believe in their system. They don't believe in plan b's. Fergie didn't either. They just play their way and know eventually it will wear the team down. Right now our lads don't look to have the energy to do it. Klopps mistake was in thinking we could get by with some passengers filling out numbers in the squad. That just isn't the case. I've no doubt he'll learn from this but we won't know that til the summer.

I hope the fans don't turn on him. We turned on Rafa so lets hope that the idiotic portion of the fanbase don't run another great manager out of town. :(

He is alot better then clyne on the other side anyway

Thank fcuk we're back to one game a week now, that's six days a week I don't have to watch this shít.

This is you,yeah?
    /QUOTE]

Nope we're in shocking form. League gone, top 4 looking unlikely. But i still see long term positives in the fact that we have one of the best managers in the world and i believe given time he'll get us playing that amazing football again. Maybe i'm overly positive because i fear that our fanbase will drive him away and that scares me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

We should of never let Andy Carrol go or Diago Aspas whos 3rd top scorer in la liga. Wed pay a fortune for somebody like that now instead of chipping balls into to midgets. Klopp has to go its simple as that and nows the time because Alan Pardew is available. Look I know hes abit mad but I dont know what Klopp is on about half the time with his almost aryan speaking like the words ''situations'' and u have to remember theres very little wind in Germany we live on islands, it just doesnt suit him.
    Pardew on the other hand, speaks the lingo without adding nonsense words, hes acgieved everywer hes gone, long time since an ENGLISH coach has been given a chance and he would revitalise Sturridge with there dances.

Who else is available? Is Houllier still goin?

WTF just occured to me, BENITEZ, he loves the club, hes managed real madrid since, top of the league in the championship one of the hardest leagues in europe, tell you what boys, weve nothing to lose, cut our losses with this headcase german while sometimes amusing he is very weird indeed and I feel the players are afraid of him especially emre can I heard that kloppss great great granddad was a nazi and slaughtered jews and arabs and Emre Can is Turkish originally and muslim so they dont see eye to eye. I live near Melwood and I have heard this.

The squad isn't good enough. It wasn't good enough on the summer and it's not good enough now.

How many Liverpool players would get a game for Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs? You're looking at Coutinho, Mane and that's it.

Klopp has done well to get such an average group of players up to where they were, but he's not a miracle worker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Looks an even more ridiculous decision now to play that team in the cup last week would be nice to still be in something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not good enough in first half

second half better

against Chelsea we were in every tackle

not good enough

need to think about game, and what happened

a lot of the ball, only good if you create

we give them confidence

we need to take criticism 100%

enough chances for 5 or 6 goals ( ? )

we have to earn it, deserve it. Didn't first half ,second half good.

Klopp

We should of never let Andy Carrol go or Diago Aspas whos 3rd top scorer in la liga. Wed pay a fortune for somebody like that now instead of chipping balls into to midgets. Klopp has to go its simple as that and nows the time because Alan Pardew is available. Look I know hes abit mad but I dont know what Klopp is on about half the time with his almost aryan speaking like the words ''situations'' and u have to remember theres very little wind in Germany we live on islands, it just doesnt suit him.
    Pardew on the other hand, speaks the lingo without adding nonsense words, hes acgieved everywer hes gone, long time since an ENGLISH coach has been given a chance and he would revitalise Sturridge with there dances.

WTF just occured to me, BENITEZ, he loves the club, hes managed real madrid since, top of the league in the championship one of the hardest leagues in europe, tell you what boys, weve nothing to lose, cut our losses with this headcase german while sometimes amusing he is very weird indeed and I feel the players are afraid of him especially emre can I heard that kloppss great great granddad was a nazi and slaughtered jews and arabs and Emre Can is Turkish originally and muslim so they dont see eye to eye. I live near Melwood and I have heard this.

You need to relax. Speaking the utmost nonsense.

The squad isn't good enough. It wasn't good enough on the summer and it's not good enough now.

How many Liverpool players would get a game for Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs? You're looking at Coutinho, Mane and that's it.

Klopp has done well to get such an average group of players up to where they were, but he's not a miracle worker.

I think Firmino gets his game for Arsenal and Matip for Arsenal and Chelsea but your point in general is a fair one. There's tons of work to be done with this squad. We need to give the manager time to do it. He's only had one summer and its not like good players are usually available in January.

Then stop watching. And stop posting here too. If you think this is our true form then you're deluded. This is relegation form. Thats a team full of good players not playing well, they're prob not as good as they looked earlier in the season but they're not this bad either.

If your happy with the level of player we currently have in our starting 11 then fair play to you because I'm not,far from it infact,this team is not full of good players,its full of average ones,hence why in beginning of Feb we are out of 2 cups and will be 5th in lge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

shocking collapse, hard to post anything coherent right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Something is flawed

You need to relax. Speaking the utmost nonsense.

He's on the obvious troll. Don't feed him. He's as much a liverpool fan as Gary Neville.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Alexis Sanchez wouldn't get a game for us eh!

If your happy with the level of player we currently have in our starting 11 then fair play to you because I'm not,far from it infact,this team is not full of good players,its full of average ones,hence why in beginning of Feb we are out of 2 cups and will be 5th in lge

I think its a team of good players not great ones. It 100% needs improvement but i don't think what we're seeing right now is indicative of their true level. Of the team out there today i'd want 4 replaced. Do that and move those players (bar mignolet who can just go) and then the team and squad is a million times better.

At the end of the day if our next summer is as good as this one we'll be a lot stronger. Getting 3 very good 1st team players is a good summer. To expect much more from one window is asking a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That post match interview from Klopp was worrying. He didn't appear to have any idea why we were so bad. I do understand that he won't want to throw players under the bus, but hopefully the penny has dropped that we need sweeping changes for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need to play the team we're playing .
    Use the tactics correctly. Ease into game, keep it tight and sit . I said that yesterday, we done the opposite and what happened was no shock.
    We should play it as we see it, but it's not easy. Maybe if we sat off teams we'd concede even more. It's some bad form that will disappear for no reason like it arrived for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

As a Liverpool fan I think bringing back King Kenny would be great for the club. Hes seen the mistakes of Hodgson, Rodgers and now Klopp, hes that bit older wiser and more experienced. Ferguson did it well into his 70s.
    The team needs a good kick upp the arsee and I really think Kenny could steady the ship if not for the rest of the season but for the next 4/5 years.
    Even Alan Hansen or Robbie Fowler would be a good choice.

Its easy beating $hitzul Fc and Borussia Munchennobodyblack but its a whole different board game in the premier League.

4bUV7Ls.gif

In fairness it's looking like he got a team so fit for the start of the season that the had an edge over opponents but we're paying for that now with players looking dead on their feet

Firmino, lallana, coutinho & mane all scored at an unsustainable rate in the first half of the season, particularly pre Dec. It simply couldn't continue unfortunately. Fitness might have helped but you won't geggen press for a PL season & one needs a plan B too
    Am I reading too much into Klopp taking Milner off a few mins after they had a bit of a go at each other? Neither looked happy.

Milner wasn't happy playing LB when we were flying... I imagine 3 pts from the last 15 doesn't enthuse him much. Also having Lucas as a CB when you play wing backs is approaching lunacy IMO.

We overachieved in the first half of season.... we are clearly exponentially better than our last 5 pl games too.

I wonder do the dressing room think Sakho was dealt with harshly.... interesting times ahead.

Don't we are going to get top4 TBH

Klopp's apprehension to using youth is frustrating me too. He really hasn't given anyone a chance all season if he hasn't had to. Youth players only get to play when everyone else is injured or in games Klopp doesn't care about. Gomez should have been selected over Lucas toady.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Is this a wind-up?

Ah I'm gutted, I genuinely thought we would bounce back today but most others in this thread seemed to say we wouldn't and they were right.

I still genuinely believe that we will find our form again and get top 4.
    Even if it seems easier to doubt than believe right now.

Aside from everything that we did wrong today, fair play to Hull and their manager.
    Two great results in a week and he has beautiful eye-brows.

For me, we'll bounce back and still take top-4. That's not just saying it for the sake of it.
    It's based on the fact we have a phenomenal manager and every team has a bad phase.
    We'll fix it and bounce back.

There is no better manager available to Liverpool in the world right now. What the club has to do and has failed to do, is recruit the players that are up to Klopp level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

That post match interview from Klopp was worrying. He didn't appear to have any idea why we were so bad. I do understand that he won't want to throw players under the bus, but hopefully the penny has dropped that we need sweeping changes for next week.

I was actually thinking the opposite

He seemed like he had a few thoughts on the reasons we played badly but didnt wanna say them publicly. I think he is gonna have a chat with the players about a few things.

He seemed to tip toe around the fact that we didnt show enough urgency and we shot from distance at the wrong times.

He has a week now to sort out the team. We need to beat Spurs next week or 4th could be a huge ask.

75 points would be enough to get 4th place imo but thats 29 points or 10 wins in old money. With 14 games left I struggle to see 10 definite wins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

There is no better manager available to Liverpool in the world right now. What the club has to do and has failed to do, is recruit the players that are up to Klopp level.

This is quite accurate and perhaps it is becoming more apparent to klopp now that some of these players are not capable of consistently doing what he requires. He looked subdued in that interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp said no team can cope with us of we play like we did in the second half.

Stupid thing to say.

Hull did, and won the fúcking half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

SlickRic wrote: »
    Klopp said no team can cope with us of we play like we did in the second half.

Stupid thing to say.

Hull did, and won the fúcking half.

Did he say that? I must have missed that bit. Was that in the vid interview above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Once again he starts Can against a lower side. Once again we lose. Like a broken record now. Finger pointed at klopp. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

City can go ahead of us tomorrow and Utd can get to within a point if us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christ it's not rocket science -

Play Gomez if Lovren is not available

Never pick Can if Henderson is playing, only Wijnaldum - Can and Henderson occupy the same area most of the time and neither are world beaters with the ball at their feet, Wij is much smoother and will play forwards rather than sideways/backwards so linking with Lallana/Coutinho in particular.

Put Milner on the right right as a full back, put Clyne on the left. Clyne doesn't cross much or well most of the time, Milner has an excellent early cross which is obviously not available if he is on the left. His need to turn inside and cross on that side is easily dealt with as all the defenders need to do is nod the ball out. When its coming in from the right, if its well placed then they have to turn to defend whether they like it or not.

Why can't Klopp see any of the above? I'm no genius so its a bad sign if I'm making more sense than him.

Just found this - look how much of the ball goes through Milner, Can/Hendo on each others toes.

LFC_passing_map_v_Hull.png?noredir=1

Mr.H wrote: »
    I was actually thinking the opposite

He seemed like he had a few thoughts on the reasons we played badly but didnt wanna say them publicly. I think he is gonna have a chat with the players about a few things.

He seemed to tip toe around the fact that we didnt show enough urgency and we shot from distance at the wrong times.

He has a week now to sort out the team. We need to beat Spurs next week or 4th could be a huge ask.

75 points would be enough to get 4th place imo but thats 29 points or 10 wins in old money. With 14 games left I struggle to see 10 definite wins

If we're crossing the ball into the box 45 times with no recognisable striker to take advantage of them, I'm a little concerned by what we're doing on the training pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just watching the Spurs game and the amount of space they get in comparison to us is ridiculous. I think we're paying for playing the best football of the season in those early months. If we were grinding out wins then, teams might be a lot more open to playing attacking football over Mourinhoball.

It's no doubt an issue that Klopp has to address and I'm confident that he will. The directness of Mane got in behind them a few times, and when we have someone similar on the opposite wing it'll make camping that bit more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Never pick Can if Henderson is playing, only Wijnaldum - Can and Henderson occupy the same area most of the time and neither are world beaters with the ball at their feet, Wij is much smoother and will play forwards rather than sideways/backwards.

Put Milner on the right right as a full back, put Clyne on the left. Clyne doesn't cross much or well most of the time, Milner has an excellent early cross which is obviously not available if he is on the left. His need to turn inside and cross on that side is easily dealt with as all the defenders need to do is nod the ball out. When its coming in from the right, if its well placed then they have to turn to defend whether they like it or not.

Why can't Klopp see any of the above? I'm no genius so its a bad sign if I'm making more sense than him.

It's the fact that he hasn't tried anything different is what bugs me. It's the same performance week in week out!

Didn't Klopp say that some teams had figured us out? Isn't that a bizarre/worrying admission for him to make? Surely we do have another way of playing because what we're doing right now isn't working.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ..... The directness of Mane got in behind them a few times, and when we have someone similar on the opposite wing it'll make camping that bit more difficult.

..... someone similar to Mane taking coutinho s current spot.... where does coutinho go? Where lallana plays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Never pick Can if Henderson is playing, only Wijnaldum - Can and Henderson occupy the same area most of the time and neither are world beaters with the ball at their feet, Wij is much smoother and will play forwards rather than sideways/backwards so linking with Lallana/Coutinho in particular.

This all day long, Can has been sht1t now for awhile
    Plus we rely on to much on giving the ball to Milner to cross it in
    When ever we get into the attacking area its so obvious what were going to
    do give the ball to Milner to cross it into the box.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement