Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mignolet - not good enough

Clyne - really does nothing other than run up and down the right side.

Matip - solid enough and long term CB.

Lucas - not good enough as a CB.

Milner - solid but not a LB.

Henderson - again solid but not a DM.

Can - can't play with Henderson in the same team.

Lallana, Coutinho, Mane & Firmino top class.

Wijnaldum needs to start.

Origi should be the first forward sub.

Moreno's should be used as a winger.

Klopp needs to shake it up a bit and go with a diamond for a while or a normal 442.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Christ it's not rocket science -

Play Gomez if Lovren is not available

Never pick Can if Henderson is playing, only Wijnaldum - Can and Henderson occupy the same area most of the time and neither are world beaters with the ball at their feet, Wij is much smoother and will play forwards rather than sideways/backwards so linking with Lallana/Coutinho in particular.

Put Milner on the right right as a full back, put Clyne on the left. Clyne doesn't cross much or well most of the time, Milner has an excellent early cross which is obviously not available if he is on the left. His need to turn inside and cross on that side is easily dealt with as all the defenders need to do is nod the ball out. When its coming in from the right, if its well placed then they have to turn to defend whether they like it or not.

Why can't Klopp see any of the above? I'm no genius so its a bad sign if I'm making more sense than him.

Just found this - look how much of the ball goes through Milner, Can/Hendo on each others toes.

LFC_passing_map_v_Hull.png?noredir=1

Coutinho gave the ball to a Hull player more often than a team mate today...I'm only half joking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

For me I'd have

_Clyne__________Milner
    _____Henderson_____

Lallana______Coutinho __

___Mane___Firmno____

_______Origi__________

And I would tell Cylne and Milner ''if you go over the halfway line I'll take you off '' I'd want them to stay deep with Henderson always!
    I'd have enough going forward, and if I don't score, I promise I won't concede either!

Conte saw a problem early in season and went to a 3 at back, we seem reluctant to change a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Would ya jog on. For some miraculous reason he has got this team consistently in the top 4 the last few months and top 2 for a good bit of that.

The only time being in the top 2 or top 4 means anything is after 38 league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The only time being in the top 2 or top 4 means anything is after 38 league games.

Exactly people are proclaiming how much we've improved and pointing to our points tally and league position, let's see at the end of the season where we are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Klopp needs to shake it up a bit and go with a diamond for a while or a normal 442.

Alot of those tools are playing like spanners lately or is it the way they're being used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

mosstin wrote: »
    If we're crossing the ball into the box 45 times with no recognisable striker to take advantage of them, I'm a little concerned by what we're doing on the training pitch.

I have been wondering if we are suppose to be crossing or if it is the players just getting frustrated when they cant break through?

But yea I hate watching us cross the ball. Between that and fcking set pieces we DONT score

Talisman wrote: »
    We have 4 games to improve on the points accumulated during the middle third of last season. Unless the wheels come off and we lose the next 4 fixtures we're looking good.
    2015/16 : Games 14-25
     P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	Pts
    12	4	3	5	15	21	-6	15

2016/17 : Games 14-21
     P	W	D	L	F	A	GD	Pts
     8	4	3	1	17	10	+7	15

We've drawn 2 & lost one..... wheels still on so :cool:

• Augeo wrote: »
    City can go ahead of us tomorrow and Utd can get to within a point if us :(

LOL won't happen
    6th is the new 4th, apparently we like being there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mr.H wrote: »
    I have been wondering if we are suppose to be crossing or if it is the players just getting frustrated when they cant break through?

But yea I hate watching us cross the ball. Between that and fcking set pieces we DONT score

When we had Benteke we never crossed the ball. It's ****ing mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nail on the head. Which is about the only heading done correctly regarding lfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was thinking about the diamond when not getting to sleep the other night.

Bag-o-****e
    Milner---Matip--Gomez---Clyne
    Hendo
    Lallana--Wijn
    Coutinho
    Mane--Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I know people are gutted, i am too. We all are. But I don't think that "changing it up" is whats needed. Whats needed is to be braver and play like we did earlier in the season. We trashed teams who packed the defense against us. We destroyed them. We were brave and quick. We need to do that again. Can needs to come out, no question about that. How much different would we be if we had Pulisic and Dahoud to replace out of form players... sigh...

For Klopp to change it up is him admitting his way doesn't work. When he does that he's done. How do you get the players back to believing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Klopp's apprehension to using youth is frustrating me too. He really hasn't given anyone a chance all season if he hasn't had to. Youth players only get to play when everyone else is injured or in games Klopp doesn't care about. Gomez should have been selected over Lucas toady.

Yes. 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mignolet - The worst keeper in the Premiership, but then along came Karius.
    Karius - Muck
    Clyne - He's like a ghost, I've never actually seen him do anything of note
    Milner - A warrior but should be a sub as he's knackered after an hour
    Moreno - Muck
    Matip - Not convinced by the guy but deserves a chance to be first choice CB
    Lovren - Meh
    Lucas - A great servant but should have been shown the door 2 seasons ago
    Henderson - Not in a million years should he be captain, he actually needs a great leader like Gerrard beside him to reach his potential
    Can - Charlie fcuking Can more like, brutal.
    Firmino, Couthino, Lallana, Mane - All class players
    Origi - Decent but still young and learning
    Sturridge - Dislike the guy and his shyte attitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL won't happen
    6th is the new 4th, apparently we like being there

Hopefully you're right and being withing a point stirs Leicester into a big win! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The squad isn't good enough. It wasn't good enough on the summer and it's not good enough now.

How many Liverpool players would get a game for Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs? You're looking at Coutinho, Mane and that's it.

Klopp has done well to get such an average group of players up to where they were, but he's not a miracle worker.

Firminho, Lalana and Clyne maybe? Include United in that group too. Maybe more would make their team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mignolet - The worst keeper in the Premiership, but then along came Karius.
    Karius - Muck
    Clyne - He's like a ghost, I've never actually seen him do anything of note
    Milner - A warrior but should be a sub as he's knackered after an hour
    Moreno - Muck
    Matip - Not convinced by the guy but deserves a chance to be first choice CB
    Lovren - Meh
    Lucas - A great servant but should have been shown the door 2 seasons ago
    Henderson - Not in a million years should he be captain, he actually needs a great leader like Gerrard beside him to reach his potential
    Can - Charlie fcuking Can more like, brutal.
    Firmino, Couthino, Lallana, Mane - All class players
    Origi - Decent but still young and learning
    Sturridge - Dislike the guy and his shyte attitude

:D

Christ it's not rocket science -

Play Gomez if Lovren is not available

Never pick Can if Henderson is playing, only Wijnaldum - Can and Henderson occupy the same area most of the time and neither are world beaters with the ball at their feet, Wij is much smoother and will play forwards rather than sideways/backwards so linking with Lallana/Coutinho in particular.

Put Milner on the right right as a full back, put Clyne on the left. Clyne doesn't cross much or well most of the time, Milner has an excellent early cross which is obviously not available if he is on the left. His need to turn inside and cross on that side is easily dealt with as all the defenders need to do is nod the ball out. When its coming in from the right, if its well placed then they have to turn to defend whether they like it or not.

Why can't Klopp see any of the above? I'm no genius so its a bad sign if I'm making more sense than him.

Just found this - look how much of the ball goes through Milner, Can/Hendo on each others toes.

LFC_passing_map_v_Hull.png?noredirMG]

Again, agree 100%. Henderson and Can get in each others way. You can see it quite clearly.

Can has not earned a first team place, he should be considered to be Hendo's back up only.

This graphic is also revealing insofar as it shows that we Mane is the only one who's really looking to run in behind and attack.

We have a team of nice passers. Most of them like to play behind the ball.

LFC_passing_map_v_Hull.png?noredir=1[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

The good news , it's only spurs next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I know people are gutted, i am too.

Got to be honest. Your "meltdown incoming" posts 3 seconds after a draw/loss used to annoy me.

But you don't even do those anymore.

So things must be bad.......... :D

Ah look, there's no sugar-coating it anymore, we have pissed away a promising season and we're all gutted as you said.

But you can't un-ring a bell. We have to move on.
    I always think it's the ultimate sign of a ****e fan to criticise the atmosphere at Anfield when not attending the game and I won't be at the next home game but we need a huge response from the fans in the Spurs game now and get behind the lads coz it's vital that we win that one and get some confidence back.

I was sure we would win today and I was wrong but there is still plenty of time to save this season.

Got to be honest. Your "meltdown incoming" posts 3 seconds after a draw/loss used to annoy me.

But you don't even do those anymore.

So things must be bad.......... :D

That cause they were stupid overreactions. They're not now... well maybe a little but defo more justified. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why don't we try a back 3 against so called lesser teams,cant do any worse,clyne and Moreno as wing backs,stick Millner in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I know people are gutted, i am too. We all are. But I don't think that "changing it up" is whats needed. Whats needed is to be braver and play like we did earlier in the season. We trashed teams who packed the defense against us. We destroyed them. We were brave and quick. We need to do that again. Can needs to come out, no question about that. How much different would we be if we had Pulisic and Dahoud to replace out of form players... sigh...

For Klopp to change it up is him admitting his way doesn't work. When he does that he's done. How do you get the players back to believing it?

Just like conte changed it up after losing to Arsenal and us,look what happened there,sometimes you gotta try something new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turf.png

Something needs to change. I'd be putting this in goal next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just like conte changed it up after losing to Arsenal and us,look what happened there,sometimes you gotta try something new

Conte has a group of very talented footballers. Klopp has a group that has to make up for their lack of ability by running around like headless chickens.

Taxi drivers knew it couldn't last. When taxi drivers have you figured out it's all over.

Conte changed it to his preferred formation. He wanted to wait longer to do it so they'd be more comfortable having trained longer for it but his hand was forced.

Mignolet has to go tho. He was never good enough. Karius might not be either but he did well against Southampton keeping us in the game. Once Mig makes a mistake his head is gone for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The only one who hadn't got us figured out was the biggest bus driver in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Pep did it didn't he? And they thrashed West Ham.

Pride has no place in management.

Most of that team won the league the season before last and the two new players to join them one won it with Chelsea before and the other won it last season.

That is a squad full of league and European champions.

That cause they were stupid overreactions. They're not now... well maybe a little but defo more justified. :(

We're the same side though. Same lads, same flaws, only now it's all happening in a row. One after another.

Doesn't mean you were wrong to defend them then, but why stop defending them now?

I am the most negative, pessimistic fcuker you would ever meet but I still think we will fix this.
    We have so much time between games from now on. And a fully fit squad.

So why can't we go on a winning run now? We can.

We just need one win to get heads up again. It's not as bad as people are making out.
    We still have the best manager in the world imo and we will bounce back.

Klopp needs to get his head out of his ass and change something.
    No doubting the PL is the toughest out there as Conte and Pep found out but they changed it up and look to be reaping the benefits. Klopp needs now to change it up. We are in free fall. What is it now one win in our last ten and that win was against Plymouth in a cup we are now out of? I like Klopp but this is not good enough. If this was Rodgers or Benitez people would be calling for his head.

What is he going to do to stop the rot.

We're the same side though. Same lads, same flaws, only now it's all happening in a row. One after another.

Doesn't mean you were wrong to defend them then, but why stop defending them now?

I am the most negative, pessimistic fcuker you would ever meet but I still think we will fix this.
    We have so much time between games from now on. And a fully fit squad.

So why can't we go on a winning run now? We can.

We just need one win to get heads up again. It's not as bad as people are making out.
    We still have the best manager in the world imo and we will bounce back.

I am still defending them. :) my posts say I think he'll turn it around. My fear is that the fans will get on his back to a degree that he leaves. Like when we drove Rafa out when he was holding a club that was falling apart on his shoulders. That man was Atlas with the world on his back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can we stitch Mignolet and Karius together? Is that legal?

I am still defending them. :) my posts say I think he'll turn it around. My fear is that the fans will get on his back to a degree that he leaves. Like when we drove Rafa out when he was holding a club that was falling apart on his shoulders. That man was Atlas with the world on his back.

No comparison to Rafas situation. He had H&G to deal with.

No comparison to Rafas situation. He had H&G to deal with.

The comparison is that we drove a great manager away. I hope it doesn't happen again. Klopp has proven he's a world class manager. Who on earth could we get who would be better?

Jeez, that's a wonderful turn of phrase.
    Fair play. I think that's the best single sentence I have read on here since I joined.
    Brilliantly put. Couldn't possibly agree more.
    Broke my heart how he was treated.

If we end up collectively getting on Klopp's tits then I'm done with this club.
    But I don't think it's going that way, people surely know we are blessed to have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The comparison is that we drove a great manager away. I hope it doesn't happen again. Klopp has proven he's a world class manager. Who on earth could we get who would be better?

You can't really be utter, utter crap for two months, fall out of all contention for three trophies and have even have a top four challenge look doubtful without criticism.

He'll be criticised and rightly so, if he can't take then that's on him. It certainly won't be the fans'
    fault.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Rafa gone and I don't want Klopp gone either. But one win in ten is not acceptable. And with Spurs up next that could be eleven. This run of form has similarities to his last season with Dortmund. He needs to rectify the situation and post match interviews like his one today do not inspire confidence.

I don't think saying we drove Rafa out helps either. A large portion of the fan base wanted him to stay. He had a helluva a lot more to deal with than Klopp. Klopp only has footballing matters to deal with. Nothing else. It's up to him to push for signings if he needs them. Rafa had to go to war to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

The fundamental problem with this team is the goalkeeper position. Too many points dropped this season as a result of clangers.

It was always going to be a tough game today and Mignolet just tilted the table against us with another soft goal.

Pep and Klopp are quickly realising you need a really strong keeper in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

He needs to rectify the situation and post match interviews like his one today do not inspire confidence.

A full five minute interview with a very broken man. He is very unhappy and didn't hold back blaming himself and the team. No excuses.

I wonder will his pride drive him away as the team seem to have given up playing for him ? i.e. I have failed and must pass the baton ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Damien360 wrote: »
    A full five minute interview with a very broken man. He is very unhappy and didn't hold back blaming himself and the team. No excuses.

I wonder will his pride drive him away as the team seem to have given up playing for him ? i.e. I have failed and must pass the baton ?

Haha.

Easy there horse.

noodler wrote: »
    Haha.

Easy there horse.

I actually like him and would hate to see him go but if this was another team we would be asking questions about how the players feel about the manager.

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »
    The fundamental problem with this team is the goalkeeper position. Too many points dropped this season as a result of clangers.

It was always going to be a tough game today and Mignolet just tilted the table against us with another soft goal.

Yep. After his chicken brain clanger against Chelsea I was done with him. Zero confidence in him now. He has always been a great shot stopper even from day dot when he saved that peno against Sunderland but he is a complete liability. How many games has gifted a team a goal and then we are chasing the match.

Yep. After his chicken brain clanger against Chelsea I was done with him. Zero confidence in him now. He has always been a great shot stopper even from day dot when he saved that peno against Sunderland but he is a complete liability. How many games has gifted a team a goal and then we are chasing the match.

Have a look at what Cech did today for gifts to other team.

noodler wrote: »
    You can't really be utter, utter crap for two months, fall out of all contention for three trophies and have even have a top four challenge look doubtful without criticism.

He'll be criticised and rightly so, if he can't take then that's on him. It certainly won't be the fans'
    fault.

Funny how it works.
    You can be utterly, utterly brilliant for 4 months and have people talking about can we win the league and playing some of the best football we've ever seen and all that under a relatively new manager.

But go for a month and a half on a bad run and it's all forgotten.

"Criticised and rightly so, it wont be the fans fault"......... Are you serious?

Have a wee word with yourself. Ask yourself what happens if we lose Klopp?

He'll be hurting about recent results more than us. Thats why we are lucky to have him. Well, one of many reasons.

Funny how it works.
    You can be utterly, utterly brilliant for 4 months and have people talking about can we win the league and playing some of the best football we've ever seen and all that under a relatively new manager.

But go for a month and a half on a bad run and it's all forgotten.

"Criticised and rightly so, it wont be the fans fault"......... Are you serious?

Have a wee word with yourself. Ask yourself what happens if we lose Klopp?

He'll be hurting about recent results more than us. Thats why we are lucky to have him. Well, one of many reasons.

Blind support of managers has never got us anywhere. No manager is above criticism. Nobody wants to lose Klopp here I think. People are asking what is he going to do to fix or free fall.

That is not unreasonable or deserves lads been told to have a wee word with themselves.

rz4Hc0.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement