Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Blind support of managers has never got us anywhere. No manager is above criticism. Nobody wants to lose Klopp here I think. People are asking what is he going to do to fix or free fall.

That is not unreasonable or deserves lads been told to have a wee word with themselves.

Blind support?

How about some support to begin with. How about not going stupid every time we have a bad spell.
    What about sticking by our manager and team and not throwing the toys out of the pram every time we have a bad month or two?

We already have the best manager we could dream of having so it's important that we get behind him during the bad times too.
    That's what the team needs right now too.

Nothing good will come of getting on their backs right now, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Two weeks ago Pep was in the same position Klopp seems to be. Questions about if he's up for the Premiership, does he understand etc etc. Now he's a genius again (he always was). Klopp will fix it. It wasn't a fluke that we were so good earlier in the season. We just need to get our players back on the same page. Confidence back is the answer not changing everything we do.

Apart from the keeper. Change the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago Pep was in the same position Klopp seems to be. Questions about if he's up for the Premiership, does he understand etc etc. Now he's a genius again (he always was). Klopp will fix it. It wasn't a fluke that we were so good earlier in the season. We just need to get our players back on the same page. Confidence back is the answer not changing everything we do.

Apart from the keeper. Change the keeperS.

Now you're good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

mosstin wrote: »
    Now you're good.

I'm not willing to write off Karius yet. Young player, new league. Looked a lot better in cup than he had in the league. Play him anyway, the league is gone and mig is a liability. Find out one way or the other.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Klopp will fix it. It wasn't a fluke that we were so good earlier in the season. We just need to get our players back on the same page. Confidence back is the answer not changing everything we do.

Yep.

Jesus it's scary though how quickly people can turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Blind support?

How about some support to begin with. How about not going stupid every time we have a bad spell.
    What about sticking by our manager and team and not throwing the toys out of the pram every time we have a bad month or two?

We already have the best manager we could dream of having so it's important that we get behind him during the bad times too.
    That's what the team needs right now too.

Nothing good will come of getting on their backs right now, that's for sure.

Blind support in my eyes is not having or wanting the ability to criticize our manager after our worst run of results in a long time.

Klopp has our support. I don't see anyone calling for his head. There is nothing wrong with questioning how the man is gonna pull us out of our slump.

I do see something wrong however with thinking everything is gonna be just fine. We are out of all competitions that we entered this year and it's only just gone January.

Yep.

Jesus it's scary though how quickly people can turn.

Yerra will ya shtop with your hyperbole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

He won't and he's been told, like, about a million times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Funny how it works.
    You can be utterly, utterly brilliant for 4 months and have people talking about can we win the league and playing some of the best football we've ever seen and all that under a relatively new manager.

But go for a month and a half on a bad run and it's all forgotten.

"Criticised and rightly so, it wont be the fans fault"......... Are you serious?

Have a wee word with yourself. Ask yourself what happens if we lose Klopp?

He'll be hurting about recent results more than us. Thats why we are lucky to have him. Well, one of many reasons.

Are you having a fcuking laugh?

Don't put words in my mouth.

"have a word with yourself? " ****ing please.

There doesn't exist a job in football where you can have a run like this and not be criticised. He needs to be man enough to take it.

Your leap to him being" driven out" as a result is spurious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Its the constant brainfarts that lead to goals against us that is so frustrating. So much of our issues would be solved without the farting brains!!

• Advertisement

Hyperbole?

Saying "it's scary how quickly people can turn" is hyperbole?

Fair enough. I'd call it an observation. You can call it hyperbole if you like.

But people have gone silly about it. It's a bad run, it happens.
    If anything I'm playing it down and saying we'll regroup.

And we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Its the constant brainfarts that lead to goals against us that is so frustrating. So much of our issues would be solved without the farting brains!!

Only watched the highlights but Lucas appeared to be a disgrace! Won't even bother mentioning Mignolet.

I reckon worst case scenario we slog away & finish 6th, get EL.... basically where we should be without any over achievement over the full span of 38 games.

noodler wrote: »
    Are you having a fcuking laugh?

Don't put words in my mouth.

"have a word with yourself? " ****ing please.

There doesn't exist a job in football where you can have a run like this and not be criticised. He needs to be man enough to take it.

Your leap to him being" driven out" as a result is spurious.

Show me where I said "driven out". Go on, show me!

Ironic isn't it that you mentioned putting words in your mouth and then saying I said something that I never said.

"He needs to be man enough to take it"
    Jesus, listen to yourself.

Hyperbole?

Saying "it's scary how quickly people can turn" is hyperbole?

Fair enough. I'd call it an observation. You can call it hyperbole if you like.

But people have gone silly about it. It's a bad run, it happens.
    If anything I'm playing it down and saying we'll regroup.

And we will.

Jesus. How many times, people haven't turned on him. Nobody is calling for his head.

Do you honestly think there is nothing wrong about questioning the last ten results and been out of every competition already in the season. We are consistently been beaten by low level teams in all competitions.

Calm down with the people have turned crap for Godsake. It's like you can't wait for someone to actually call for his head so you can say you were right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did not see the game, but heard keeper was at fault for the 1st goal, looks like Klopp needs to find a new way to play or get the defence sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Two choices.

The players play better, or we need a different strategy to employ sometimes.

We must be the easiest team to play against in the fúcking world. Pack the centre. Then watch us go wide, and you can head the inevitable cross away. Or watch us shoot badly from distance.
    Then you'll eventually get a couple of chances to put the ball in the box yourself, and we'll fúck something up to gift you a goal.

Same shít, different day.

We'll get the same thing every game we play against any team other than the top few teams.

Saying that, a lot of problems would be solved with better recruitment. To be left with Lucas, who I've been a huge fan of down the years, and Moreno (who Klopp obviously doesn't rate), is poor, and bordering on negligent.

And speaking of negligent, could someone at the club identify a keeper that won't give us all the shíts, and that we can actually trust.

However, anyone calling for Klopp's head, of which I've seen a few, get the fúck out of here. Seriously.

Sorting defence should be top if list along with a GK. Karius might well come good but I'd sooner not punt next season on that. If karius can't come in and play the rest of the season we need to buy a new nr 1 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Only watched the highlights but Lucas appeared to be a disgrace! Won't even bother mentioning Mignolet.

Its a pity we don't have someone like Sakho to fill in at CB when needed.

• Advertisement

It's like you can't wait for someone to actually call for his head so you can say you were right.

That's a really nasty card to play.

Far from it. If you knew me, I'd be the last fella to act like that.

Look, I'll be honest and tell you exactly why I took exception to some of the posts including yours.

If we didn't strike it lucky with Klopp (and we did get lucky) then we were on a seriously downward spiral as a club.

Even the brief chink of light under Rodgers turned out to be a false dawn, in the end.

So, like PJ said earlier it would be a shame if we lose Klopp like we lost Rafa.

So I'll defend Klopp to the hilt because I dont want to see him go the same way Rafa did.

A bit of criticism is ok but things snowball pretty quickly and we are the luckiest feckers to have Klopp.
    So, I'll defend him because I'm of the opinion that we are blessed to have him and I'm fearful of losing him if people get on his tits.

That's a really nasty card to play.

Far from it. If you knew me, I'd be the last fella to act like that.

Look, I'll be honest and tell you exactly why I took exception to some of the posts including yours.

If we didn't strike it lucky with Klopp (and we did get lucky) then we were on a seriously downward spiral as a club.

Even the brief chink of light under Rodgers turned out to be a false dawn, in the end.

So, like PJ said earlier it would be a shame if we lose Klopp like we lost Rafa.

So I'll defend Klopp to the hilt because I dont want to see him go the same way Rafa did.

A bit of criticism is ok but things snowball pretty quickly and we are the luckiest feckers to have Klopp.
    So, I'll defend him because I'm of the opinion that we are blessed to have him and I'm fearful of losing him if people get on his tits.

Well I don't know you so that's how I call it from your posts of telling people they are gone stupid and to have a wee word with themselves when they never called for his head only questioned poor results.

We are in agreement that no one wants him gone and he does deserve some criticism after recent results.

People are concerned and they are rightly concerned.

Well I don't know you so that's how I call it from your posts of telling people they are gone stupid and to have a wee word with themselves when they never called for his head only questioned poor results.

We are in agreement that no one wants him gone and he does deserve some criticism after recent results.

People are concerned and they are rightly concerned.

Post number 8199 was my crime for anyone catching up and Dominic seems to want to highlight it so there ya go.

I thoroughly explained myself in my last post but you're still a bit bitchy about it so we'll leave it there.

Ney offence intended anyway lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liverpool under FSG are a club living off the past, acting and spending like a mid-table team. We got lucky in convincing Klopp to join and anyone who thinks Liverpool could attract a better manager is fooling themselves

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not going to read back as I've been away from here all day. The only saving grace about today is that I was out and missed the game, so was able to fast forward through large chunks of frustration.

Sam crap again. We'll draw 1-1 with Spurs next weekend, then we've 2 weeks off before we lose away to the worst defending champions since 1938 to give them some much needed points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Head in the sand everyone.

No criticism.

Otherwise Klopp might be driven out.

Apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That post match interview from Klopp was worrying. He didn't appear to have any idea why we were so bad. I do understand that he won't want to throw players under the bus, but hopefully the penny has dropped that we need sweeping changes for next week.

It is not next week, next week is Spurs so they will be up for that.

Then it is Leicester, time to give them a boost.

Then Arsenal should be up for that

Then home to Burnley watch them lose that before Away to Man City and Everton, then all that is left is teams outside the top 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

With such creative players as Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana, Origi and Wijnaldum, we shouldn't be reliant on players like Milner and Clyne to be the key to opening up defences. They see FAR to much of the ball in every game, the more time they have it the less time our creative players have it. Also it's playing a HUGE part in the exposure of our defence and keeper.
    I would really like to see them just defend and keep a shape more, Spurs draw a lot of games because of the fact they do keep that shape at back for long periods of the game. I would much rather have 4 more draws on board than 4 defeats.
    Why have Milner bombing forward while a player like Can watches on, the midfielders need to play a bigger part, the two widest players in front 3 need to give the width and the two attacking midfielders need to get beyond the striker and make runs into box knowing that the back 4 is intact.
    At least we have an easy game next, Spurs. It's funny how the teams above us are easy to beat and the ones at the bottom of the table give us trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is the start of the foundations of a team to build around for the next decade but to build a long lasting team squad can't be done overnight.

Basically the only player in the back 5 I would keep is Matip and I would build the defence around him.

A Proper Keeper

RB?
    Matip
    CB
    A Proper LB

A Proper DM

Wijnaldum
    Lallana

Coutinho
    Mane

Firmino

Karius as second choice keeper.
    Mignolet needs to go.

Clyne needs to do more than just run up and down the right side or he needs to be replaced.
    Lovren replaced and droped down to 3/4 choice CB.

Milner/Moreno need to replaced by a proper first choice LB they both can be kept as utility players.

Henderson needs to be replaced as DM and captain and given time to heal up his heel injury.

Can should not be used against teams that set up two banks of 4 and sit deep.

Origi becomes the first choice sub for the forward line.

Gomez if he is as good as everyone say should be Matip's new CB partner and build around them two then.

Let the underage lads go out on loan and play proper competitive games instead of the sh1tty non competitive under 23's league.

Get in another two wingers with direct pace as well as a few real defenders and keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We got lucky in convincing Klopp to join and anyone who thinks Liverpool could attract a better manager is fooling themselves

Nobody is saying that we could do better. What hurts most today is that nobody is surprised we lost to Hull, for most of the last 7 or 8 seasons have been deja vu put in a performance then fall on our face. Klopp thought too much of this squad after our Europa run masked a LOT of issues but he may have realised that too late.

Post number 8199 was my crime for anyone catching up and Dominic seems to want to highlight it so there ya go.

I thoroughly explained myself in my last post but you're still a bit bitchy about it so we'll leave it there.

Ney offence intended anyway lad.

Only one person being bitchy here lad.

You seem to think Jurgen is gonna base how long he stays at Liverpool by people's posts on boards.ie. I'm not sure if he has an account?

No offence intended either. You seem a bit wound up. Enjoy your Saturday night.

• Advertisement

You seem to think Jurgen is gonna base how long he stays at Liverpool by people's posts on boards.ie. I'm not sure if he has an account?

Not sure about that the previous manager had a PR team on here as members.

So my guess is Klopp has one too.

Plenty of ITK's anyway to let us all know what's happening behind the scenes as well.

Not sure about that the previous manager had a PR team on here as members.

So my guess is Klopp has one too.

Plenty of ITK's anyway to let us all know what's happening behind the scenes as well.

Oh for God's sake.

Yes I'm sure Jurgen Klopp has a PR team on here. I wonder which posters they are? rarnes maybe?

Oh for God's sake.

Yes I'm sure Jurgen Klopp has a PR team on here. I wonder which posters they are? rarnes maybe?

Jaysus I though you were rarnes1's new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

There is the start of the foundations of a team to build around for the next decade but to build a long lasting team squad can't be done overnight.

Basically the only player in the back 5 I would keep is Matip and I would build the defence around him.

A Proper Keeper

RB?
    Matip
    CB
    A Proper LB

A Proper DM

Wijnaldum
    Lallana

Coutinho
    Mane

Firmino

Karius as second choice keeper.
    Mignolet needs to go.

Clyne needs to do more than just run up and down the right side or he needs to be replaced.
    Lovren replaced and droped down to 3/4 choice CB.

Milner/Moreno need to replaced by a proper first choice LB they both can be kept as utility players.

Henderson needs to be replaced as DM and captain and given time to heal up his heel injury.

Can should not be used against teams that set up two banks of 4 and sit deep.

Origi becomes the first choice sub for the forward line.

Gomez if he is as good as everyone say should be Matip's new CB partner and build around them two then.

Let the underage lads go out on loan and play proper competitive games instead of the sh1tty non competitive under 23's league.

Get in another two wingers with direct pace as well as a few real defenders and keeper.

Klopp is here long enough now to have addressed some of our main issues. GK Karius hasn't done it but he's young and can still be decent . It was obvious from the start of the season when the window was still open we needed a LB instead the club or Klopp penny pinched and decided to play a midfielder there . Milner is a top pro no doubting that but he wouldn't get a spot in any of the the 5 other teams in the top 6.

Matip has been ok. Nothing more . We've had an issue in defence for years now and no one has addressed it . We loan out a 20m rated CB and opt to play a 5'10 midfielder with no pace there and we are surprised we get done so easily on a counter .

We have no plan B because after our starting 11 we have dross. So we persist with A in hope we score first if we do that invites teams to open up a little which allows us find holes. When teams sit in and we can't break them down we have no answers . It's absolutely no coincidence that teams from the bottom half have taken a massive amount of points from us .

Klopp is the man for us that I have no doubt but he needs to find solutions and he needs to be backed by the club in transfer market

Jaysus I though you were rarnes1's new account.

Shìte. You got me. Cover blown.

Ha, Yeah accusing the other person of being wound up before saying "enjoy your saturday" and logging off , well that means I'm the nutter and you're the rational one?

Oh aye, that's ok. It could have ended worse :)

Ha, Yeah accusing the other person of being wound up before saying "enjoy your saturday" and logging off , well that means I'm the nutter and you're the rational one?

Oh aye, that's ok. It could have ended worse :)

Whose logged off? Still here lad.

Never called you a nutter either.

Like I said you seem very wound up.

Saying we need a RB AND LB is silly, Clyne and Milner are great players, the problem is they are asked to be forwards. Let them defend and lets be hard to beat, we have enough up front and we can release two attacking midfielders if the back 4 stay compact.

Whose logged off? Still here lad.

Never called you a nutter either.

Like I said you seem very wound up.

Haha, my bad. Glad yer still on. Actually enjoyed the debate.

Haha, my bad. Glad yer still on. Actually enjoyed the debate.

Enjoyed it as well! Nothing against yah Shanks I'm a long enough lurker on boards to have enjoyed your posts and other good posters as far back as opr and Kess( anyone know where the hell he is gone btw).

• Advertisement

Enjoyed it as well! Nothing against yah Shanks I'm a long enough lurker on boards to have enjoyed your posts and other good posters as far back as opr and Kess( anyone know where the hell he is gone btw).

Ha, gas timing, I was just about to send ya a PM. Yeah fair balls for the debate.
    Yer an argumentative fcuker like myself.
    No idea who Kess is but anyway, good chatting to ya. Mon the Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why the fcuk is Klopp still lobbing long balls up when we're out desired attacking 3 are back.

I'm hoping a weeks rest will help us get some focus back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

When we had Benteke we never crossed the ball. It's ****ing mental.

Its not mental at all when you have a benteke in your team you stop crosses but when you play Liverpool give them the ball tuck in your full backs let them cross it then hit them on the break

Gone awful quiet

That Dominic fella really ruined the thread

(Joke man, joke)

Where was Lovern today?
    There have been multiple games this season where he vanishes without a trace for some mystery reason, does he have some secret serious illness ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

We have no plan B because after our starting 11 we have dross. So we persist with A in hope we score first if we do that invites teams to open up a little which allows us find holes. When teams sit in and we can't break them down we have no answers . It's absolutely no coincidence that teams from the bottom half have taken a massive amount of points from us .
    That's my fear for our supposed easy run to the end of the season.

Where was Lovern today?
    There have been multiple games this season where he vanishes without a trace for some mystery reason, does he have some secret serious illness ?

He went missing from time to time.

So did his wife. (that was a bad joke btw)

All teams with decent attackers face teams sitting deep.... we need to get used to it & deal with it.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Why the fcuk is Klopp still lobbing long balls up when we're out desired attacking 3 are back.

I'm hoping a weeks rest will help us get some focus back.

We don't even leap for corners , we just stand there to get it over with. Klopp didn't want to say it but the commitment was lacking in first half, when 2-0 down we played with a tempo and could have scored 2 ourselves. Why do we need to react with 2-0, the tempo should be there at 0-0.
    Long balls , corners and free kicks are things we show no interest in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement