Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Augeo wrote: »
    All teams with decent attackers face teams sitting deep.... we need to get used to it & deal with it.

What would you suggest?

Not being smart, but curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

What would you suggest?

I actually confused one of shanks with kingshankly. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »

However, anyone calling for Klopp's head, of which I've seen a few, get the fúck out of here. Seriously.

Here as in on boards?

I don't catch every post on here but I haven't read anyone calling for his head.

I actually confused one of shanks with kingshankly. My bad.

That's ok. I think?

What would you suggest?

Coutinho at his best is as a #10 or tip of diamond, not as a part of a front 3. As good as lallana is in a klopp 3 man midfield he won't unlock packed defences. Coutinho would have a better chance IMO.

We need an out and out striker that can do what klopp wants. Firmino is adapting to the striker role but he's not a striker.

Mane us the only one of our front 4 playing in his actual position... he's not our best player but he's more often than not our most effective.

It's been mentioned frequently Henderson isn't a DM but he's adapted to the role. Adapting won't cut the mustard over a full PL season.

Milner is another example..... clyne too, a great LB but we require a WB.

Matip & mane when they play are in their favoured positions.... Wij' too for the mostpart.... I don't think that's conincidense they are deemed successful signings. If 6 or 7 of your outfield players are playing a role new to them than you'll have problems.

I feel it's klopp making do with what he has .... as above he plays his 3 purchases where they've always played (wij' is an ish I suppose)

You can include Klavan.... he's not great but he's a perfect back up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

That's ok. I think?

Kinda. Whichever way yah take it tbh. Just remember him as a good poster, don't know who you are to be honest. Honest mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

noodler wrote: »
    Here as in on boards?

I don't catch every post on here but I haven't read anyone calling for his head.

Was about to ask the same question.

Why does questioning the decisions of our managers always seem to result in us going down extreme paths like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lads what really happened, last time I had to umpire a hockey game in Belfast and Liverpool played at 3 on a Saturday was away to Burnley. Today i had to do the same, so I will take it, it was my fault :D

Lads what really happened, last time I had to umpire hockey game in Belfast and Liverpool played at 3 on a Saturday was away to Burnley. Today i had to do the same so I will take it, it was my fault :D

Why would you volunteer this information?

I always knew you were a jinx. The city part of the username and you always had that "hockey" look about you

Feckin Jonah

Why would you volunteer this information?

I always knew you were a jinx. The city part of the username and you always had that "hockey" look about you

Feckin Jonah

I am hoping it follows on from what happened after the Burnley game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All teams with decent attackers face teams sitting deep.... we need to get used to it & deal with it.

What we need to do is not lose it in first half by being very impatient and exposed. They could have scored on break twice in first half. How we deal with it is to keep it tight, play the chess game they want, and wait for the class to show over the 90 mins.

Coutinho at his best is as a #10 or tip of diamond, not as a part of a front 3. As good as lallana is in a klopp 3 man midfield he won't unlock packed defences. Coutinho would have a better chance IMO.

Fantastic post fella. I felt bad asking you, I was meaning it as tongue in cheek but brilliant post.
    Spot on throughout.
    Great post.

oh dear just seen the 1st goal WTF

Why would you be surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Don't think there can be any doubt our defence is worse now than when klopp took charge a clean out needed whole back 5 need replacing have matip is backup and clone back up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Said it at the time but Mignolet needs to be going through the hull player with a knee up to get that ball and keep hold of it. Keepers are never called on stuff like that and if he drops the ball after colliding with the player it's a free out 99 percent of the time.

Same with corners, he should be pushing, elbowing, and whatever else it takes to get the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why is it in the last 10 games or so we haven't had 1good first half,that from a team who in the first half Of The season came out Of The traps from the first whistle like A rabid dog

Don't think there can be any doubt our defence is worse now than when klopp took charge a clean out needed whole back 5 need replacing have matip is backup and clone back up too

Anything goes in this thread after a loss

But yer saying Matip should be back-up?

Anything goes in this thread after a loss

But yer saying Matip should be back-up?

That's who you're being confused with. :pac:

Also Matip and a Matip clone would be the best defence in the league, not back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

We are ****ed. proper ****ed .This is going to get ugly very quickly. The mojo is gone.
    Klopp is here 15 months (3 transfer windows!!!!) and the team still have a **** keeper, no left back and donkey for centre back, henderson is a fraud of a midfielder Pulling out of challenges **** off you don't deserve to wear the jersey.
    Can is a donkey - midfielder that can't pass the ball - **** off sell him.
    Still don't have a striker even though sturridge is a busted flush for the last 2 years
    Matip,Clyne, Lallalana,Coutinho,Mane , Winjaldum are solid decent players.
    I would no problem selling the rest of them.
    We are in the top ten richest clubs in the world yet we are putting square begs in round holes.
    Lucas a cb, miler lb, hendo dm, firmino CF, coutinho LW.
    It's a ****ing joke. I'm sick of this ****. Sick of the club. Sick of the same whiney ****ty scouse excuses every ****ing year.
    "we'll be grand when sturridge is back!" 2015
    We'll be grand when coutinho is back!" December 2016
    "We'll be grand when mane is back from african cup !" jan 2017
    There is always a ****ing excuse. any team with any ambition should have quality replacements but we never do.
    Any striker we get we burn the poor **** out because he doesn't. get a rest
    Fowler,owen,torres,Sturridge.

Fairly sure Sturridge has had more rest time than playing time, club can't be blamed on his decline.. You're also purposely omitting 'Louie'.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fairly sure Sturridge has had more rest time than playing time, club can't be blamed on his decline.. You're also purposely omitting 'Louie'.

He pretty much typed an essay but you chose the Sturridge bit to focus on.

Before Christmas everyone was praising our squad, claiming it was very strong. It was then, it is now. I can see clearly in the mist of a defeat. Football teams go on bad runs, even Barca. I'm still of the opinion this form will vanish as quickly as it appeared and we will always wonder why it appeared to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Equally WTF was Can giving away the corner with two horrendous touches, how on earth is he in the team ahead of Wijnaldum? Just because he speaks German?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Anyway not to worry I'm sure when Mane gets back from AFCON everything will be grand.

Milkers wrote: »
    Equally WTF was Can giving away the corner with two horrendous touches, how on earth is he in the team ahead of Wijnaldum? Just because he speaks German?

Yeah Can has been awful but apparently he has been carrying an injury

Wij wasnt available today

I think Matip has been good for us when he's played more often than not. But that's been 12 games ish? I'm a tad puzzled how he is so well regarded on here by some as more or less best CB in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bowlardo wrote: »
    henderson is a fraud of a midfielder Pulling out of challenges **** off you don't deserve to wear the jersey.

Get the fook out of here!

• Advertisement

I think Matip has been good for us when he's played more often than not. But that's been 12 games ish? I'm a tad puzzled how he is so well regarded on here by some as more or less best CB in the league.

People talk about him like he's the next Alan fcuking Hansen he looks half decent at times in our defence golf fcuk djimi traore would look good in this current defence

Henderson was great today. He was picking out some great passes, not his job in team to be doing that while Can and Lallana were in team though. We haven't won a game in league this year, it's a funny stat. The changing of the year brings a change in fortune.
    People need to remember that earlier in season teams defended deep against us, we beat most of them though. Still feel it's good to get this blip out of way.
    Beat Spurs and we can challenge for that 2nd spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I brought these questions up over a year ago/last season/2015 in here and for the most part was told the man had won two bundasligas and shouldn't be questioned. But they're still pertinent then as they are now ...

1. Does klopp have a plan b besides genegenpressing?
    2. Does klopp wait too long before making changes? And have his subs ever had an impact on the game?
    3. Is klopp adapteable in his tactics that he can change to the situation in front of him?
    4. Are these the reasons it went t"ts up at Dortmund?
    5. Why do we not play with a defensive midfielder? when your defence will win you the league. As has been proven time and time again.
    6. Will we ever buy a top class left back, goalkeeper, centre back?
    7. There have been loads of games in klopp reign where we've gone at least two goals up and either lost or drew them. Why can't we see game out and "kill" games off? Does it have to be heavy metal football all the time?

I still have faith in the guy. No question. But he need to sort his sh't out. Is it time for us to go three at the back now as well? Or can klopp even play that way? The likes of can cannot keep on starting games. Firmino, lallana, coutinho all off form and no sign of being dropped. He badly needs to shake up the team. We finished 8th last year and the longer this run is allowed to fester the worse its gonna get. Spurs up next. Sh't or bust.

Still feel it's good to get this blip out of way.
    Beat Spurs and we can challenge for that 2nd spot.

Yeah and we will. It's been a ****ty phase for us but we will get it sorted.

It's fcukin sad how much people lose faith during a bad spell.

But we will get it sorted and go on a good run.
    We'll be 3rd or 4th imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My stream died at about the 87th minute. Of course I got up and sorted it, but for those few minutes of blank screen, I felt pretty good about what I was seeing.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I brought these questions up over a year ago/last season/2015 in here and for the most part was told the man had won two bundasligas and shouldn't be questioned. But they're still pertinent then as they are now ...

1. Does klopp have a plan b besides genegenpressing?
    2. Does klopp wait too long before making changes? And have his subs ever had an impact on the game?
    3. Is klopp adapteable in his tactics that he can change to the situation in front of him?
    4. Are these the reasons it went t"ts up at Dortmund?
    5. Why do we not play with a defensive midfielder? when your defence will win you the league. As has been proven time and time again.
    6. Will we ever buy a top class left back, goalkeeper, centre back?
    7. There have been loads of games in klopp reign where we've gone at least two goals up and either lost or drew them. Why can't we see game out and "kill" games off? Does it have to be heavy metal football all the time?

I still have faith in the guy. No question. But he need to sort his sh't out. Is it time for us to go three at the back now as well? Or can klopp even play that way? The likes of can cannot keep on starting games. Firmino, lallana, coutinho all off form and no sign of being dropped. He badly needs to shake up the team. We finished 8th last year and the longer this run is allowed to fester the worse its gonna get. Spurs up next. Sh't or bust.

Nobody was asking those questions in november but the answers would have been the samel

• Advertisement

Nobody was asking those questions in november but the answers would have been the samel

I'm an advocate of a plan b and am very much doubtful gegen pressing as a tactic will get us where we need to go.

I thought we implemented a plan b v man city but it seems they were well off form at the time so I'm not sure really about that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ah Liverpool fans on Boards.

General full of lads that never played football in their lives. Pathetic really. Live on the couch watching from afar. Get a gf lads ffs.

I said as the start of the season 6th was about the position we'd end up. As someone that has common sense and played at a certain level, it's pretty transparent. Of course I got some stick. Opinions etc. Brain dead clowns. It's boards. Full of kids.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Rafael fan boy **** fest, but it probably will.

Klopp is under pressure. Hopefully he sees things better this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Slattsy wrote: »

General full of lads that never played football in their lives. Pathetic really. Live on the couch watching from afar. Get a gf lads ffs.

I said as the start of the season 6th was about the position we'd end up. As someone that has common sense and played at a certain level, it's pretty transparent. Of course I got some stick. Opinions etc. Brain dead clowns. It's boards. Full of kids.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Rafael fan boy **** fest, but it probably will.

You're probably the whingiest person in this place. If you're so above us then fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

They were asked last season. Then they were asked after Burnley, after arsenal, after West ham, after Bournemouth. Maybe the reason we're finding ourselves in free fall now is because the answers are still the same as they were last November. That's what I'm getting at. Can klopp come up with different answer when the sh't starts hitting the fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What? Have you ever posted here before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

It's painful to watch. The same ****ty performances and mistakes week in week out (though better against top teams).
    I admit I got carried away earlier in the season, I thought Klopp was the real deal. Now it's back to I don't know. Very frustrating to see the lack of transfer activity when it's so clearly needed imo.
    Play Wijnaldum ffs, he was there during our best run, Can was injured. I don't know why Can has become undroppable.. It's the one position where we have options and I feel the wrong one is being made.
    Being optimistic, I hope that Klopp learns from this. Signs enough players in the summer and we grow from this next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Saying we need a RB AND LB is silly, Clyne and Milner are great players, the problem is they are asked to be forwards. Let them defend and lets be hard to beat, we have enough up front and we can release two attacking midfielders if the back 4 stay compact.

We're still like the The Rodgers team, too much attack and not enough cover for the defense, the balance isn't right.

Henderson would still be one of the first names in the starting XI but I'd have him slightly forward along side Lalanna, We're still lacking that deep lying MF to breakup play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I hate this bull****, your having a go at fans being annoyed by a poor performance or questioning that they should be putting away teams like Wolves/Swansea/Sunderland/Hull. Your giving out about people moaning and this is the kind of guff you post about football
    Slattsy wrote:
    Well deserved tbf

man u would have beat us in the final anyway, this is better.
    Slattsy wrote:
    Klopp getting schooled by Paul Lambert, at Anfield. Oh my.
    Slattsy wrote:
    You'd expect 'some' improvement, somewhere from a decent coaching team. But nothing.
    Slattsy wrote:
    Klueless Klopp
    Slattsy wrote:
    Maybe Klopp will make changes now, he's ****ing clueless at times.

Seems like your having a bit of a moan there pal, but sure your allowed cause your not a couch fan and you have common sense and have played at a decent level. Well done

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Bowlardo wrote: »
    We are ****ed. proper ****ed .This is going to get ugly very quickly. The mojo is gone.
    Klopp is here 15 months (3 transfer windows!!!!) and the team still have a **** keeper, no left back and donkey for centre back, henderson is a fraud of a midfielder Pulling out of challenges **** off you don't deserve to wear the jersey.
    Can is a donkey - midfielder that can't pass the ball - **** off sell him.
    Still don't have a striker even though sturridge is a busted flush for the last 2 years
    Matip,Clyne, Lallalana,Coutinho,Mane , Winjaldum are solid decent players.
    I would no problem selling the rest of them.
    We are in the top ten richest clubs in the world yet we are putting square begs in round holes.
    Lucas a cb, miler lb, hendo dm, firmino CF, coutinho LW.
    It's a ****ing joke. I'm sick of this ****. Sick of the club. Sick of the same whiney ****ty scouse excuses every ****ing year.
    "we'll be grand when sturridge is back!" 2015
    We'll be grand when coutinho is back!" December 2016
    "We'll be grand when mane is back from african cup !" jan 2017
    There is always a ****ing excuse. any team with any ambition should have quality replacements but we never do.
    Any striker we get we burn the poor **** out because he doesn't. get a rest
    Fowler,owen,torres,Sturridge.
    My money's on gin for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Emotional posts about people getting emotional. Just drink or w@nk emotions away, they're of no use at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well at least your modest.

You're probably the whingiest person in this place. If you're so above us then fcuk off.

In fairness I'm a crying Cnut too😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Oh balls, that reminds me, is today the first league game that Matip has started and lost? I liked that record. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Are you professional footballer Slatan Iveageeambitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Certainly no excuses for the likes of the Hull, Sunderland, Wolves etc results. Lads are being paid lots of money.

Looking at the prem overall though the standard is not good. Look at Arsenal yesterday as well Jesus Christ.

Top 4 teams ? Champ league ? Me arse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement