Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Super Kev! :o 3-2 Great ball in from TAA

So you'd waste your reverse jinxes on the U23s, eh? Any chance of trying them in the match threads? Some comeback.

Damn, City get a late winner. 5th now.

Are you feeling a bit slow today?

Yourself and drumsteve posted about people only commenting on here when results are going the wrong way.

Anything else you need me to explain for you today? Maybe how to tie your shoelaces or maybe how to wipe your hole?

Like I said tripe.

Is this just a clever ploy by you to touch his bottom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Despite City nearly looking like they were going to do us a favour, I can't possibly see how they can be this dangerous looking up front and continue to fail.

They'll stumble a bit but between Jesus and Aguero and the buckets of other quality players they will, I think, stay above us for the rest of the season.

If we want top 4 it'll have to be at Arsenal's expense.

I only hope that they completely collapse with Sanchez and Ozil preparing themselves to leave in the summer.

But that's all predicated on us not being complete **** for the rest of the season, which I'm getting increasingly worried about.

Those last 6 supposedly easy games we have at the end of the season will I think be a curse more than a blessing, with us failing to turn up for most of them.

Yourself and drumsteve posted about people only commenting on here when results are going the wrong way.

Anything else you need me to explain for you today? Maybe how to tie your shoelaces or maybe how to wipe your hole?

Like I said tripe.

Brilliant :)

They'll come at you "strong" now bud.... can't be talking to the sisters like that :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Such tripe.

Carry on with the circle jerk lads.

Everything is just fine!

Like I said tripe.

That aggression is unwarranted. Tone it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

That's grand dfx. But I would rather have upfront aggression, if that's what you want to call it rather than snide comments about bandwagoners or talking about people only posting after a defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Like I said tripe.

What the **** is your problem?

I don't remember ever engaging with you on here before so what's with the aggression? Reel it in,big guy.

EDIT: Sorry DFX,didn't see your post until after I posted this.

What the **** is your problem?

I don't remember ever engaging with you on here before so what's with the aggression? Reel it in,big guy.

EDIT: Sorry DFX,didn't see your post until after I posted this.

Me hole you didn't see dfx post.

Sorry I didn't know we had to have "engaged" on here before I'm allowed comment on what you were trying to insinuate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Me hole you didn't see dfx post.

Sorry I didn't know we had to have "engaged" on here before I'm allowed comment on what you were trying to insinuate.

I really don't think he was talking about you.

I'd plenty of criticism for Klopp and the team yesterday but I won't be taking offence to that post.

That being said, nobody on here is questioning Klopp's position. There's lots to question when a season implodes over six weeks but I think that is normal and justified.

• Advertisement

I'm so annoyed by yesterday's defeat that I've decided to blame it on random things/people to alleviate the stress.

Concerns about Brexit must be playing on the minds of our English contingent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dominic Cobb is a man caught up in Insultception.

Cobb.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm so annoyed by yesterday's defeat that I've decided to blame it on random things/people to alleviate the stress.

Concerns about Brexit must be playing on the minds of our English contingent.

I blamed it on that one black sock that got into my whites wash during the game.

I look like a panda now when I wear my whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ojo 2-2 nice solo effort

Really well taken goal.

http://streamable.com/3pbhs

Dominic Cobb is a man caught up in Insultception.

Cobb.png

Humour was never your strong point Mike ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's great having new blood in the thread. It totally changes the dynamic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Taken from Twitter:

Most LFC open play crosses 2016-17:
    0-2 Hull (34)
    2-2 West Ham (32)
    2-3 Swansea (31)
    2-0 Sunderland (25)
    0-2 Burnley (24)

Fewest LFC open play crosses 2016-17:
    4-1 Leicester (6)
    1-0 City (6)
    1-1 Tottenham (7)
    4-3 Arsenal (9)
    1-1 United (9)

When LFC attempt fewer than 20 open play crosses: 10W-6D
    When LFC attempt 20 or more open play crosses: 3W-1D-4L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like the bit about Glazers getting a bid of 2.2 billion to sell, it's like if we buy cheap and build up club we too can sell for 2.2 billion.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/102greatgoals/status/828188103739314176/video/1

Not a care in the world last night. Couldn't care less about results.

You fall victim to the awful tabloid story generating of "Oh this player lost and now he's having fun with his friends in his spare time, he must have Liverpool, why isn't he at home moping?"

Humour was never your strong point Mike ;-)

Hmm I suspected you were a re-reg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

That tweet doesn't show their intentions, it shows that they feel H&G are distressed owners, that they could possibly acquire the club for "a steal" (meaning they would take advantage of H&G' being forced sellers) and that there was plenty of potential for growth particularly internationally.

Who doesn't want a good deal when buying something?

Wasn't Coutinho @ £8m from Inter "a steal"? It's all relative and in this context means nothing more than they feel they could be getting a bargain.

Much better that they paid H&G less leaving more in the kitty for them to invest in the club than pay H&G top whack and have nothing left to invest in the club.

Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Most LFC open play crosses 2016-17: 0-2 Hull (34) 2-2 West Ham (32) 2-3 Swansea (31) 2-0 Sunderland (25) 0-2 Burnley (24)

Fewest LFC open play crosses 2016-17: 4-1 Leicester (6) 1-0 City (6) 1-1 Tottenham (7) 4-3 Arsenal (9) 1-1 United (9)

The desperation is evident in those stats alright. Our corners are nearly a footballing pandemic at this stage. On going for years getting around 14 a game but not capitalising or even threatening from them. Sami Hyypia would be in double figures if still playing for us at CB

• Advertisement

You fall victim to the awful tabloid story generating of "Oh this player lost and now he's having fun with his friends in his spare time, he must have Liverpool, why isn't he at home moping?"

Nope not at all. What you will find though is players like Coutinho , Milner , Henderson so on know it's not the thing to do. I don't mind him having fun, but it's a bit brainless to post that considering the mood of the fans at the minute. It shows a lack of understanding, like dancing and celebrating while losing 1-2 at home to Swansea, had the game ended when he score he would have went home a happy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I like the bit about Glazers getting a bid of 2.2 billion to sell, it's like if we buy cheap and build up club we too can sell for 2.2 billion.

And that would be a bad thing for business men to do because..........

Gbear wrote: »
    Don't really see anything in that. :confused:

Look at the Twitter account, there's clearly no motive in posting that :p

Hmm I suspected you were a re-reg

Clap clap Sherlock! What gave it away....maybe me calling you Mike was it.

And I'm not a re reg like I said long time lurker. Lurking long enough to know that you re reg from Mike65 to auld Harry now ;-)

Gbear wrote: »
    Don't really see anything in that. :confused:

There is nothing.
    Just interesting insight
    Buying a club cheap creates same talk as buying a car cheap to sell on.

• Advertisement

United cruising to victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

if we miss out on top four while making a profit last summer and not spending a penny in January...the real reason needs to be public

Clap clap Sherlock! What gave it away....maybe me calling you Mike was it.

And I'm not a re reg like I said long time lurker. Lurking long enough to know that you re reg from Mike65 to auld Harry now ;-)

Whatever. Beyond wonder why you suddenly took an interest I'll be staying clear of your posts from here on.

I blamed it on that one black sock that got into my whites wash during the game.

I look like a panda now when I wear my whites.

Tough shit. I spent the entire second half yesterday offering to do people's laundry.

There's no conspiracy, we've just been shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

United cruising 2-0 at HT. we're out of the top and and a point ahead of united come this evening .

We're in free fall and Klopp needs to make some changes to stop the rot .

Just going to throw this out there but is there any call for Gerrard to pull on the shirt until the end of the season to give morale in the squad a booste ?

Look at the Twitter account, there's clearly no motive in posting that :p

You have to laugh at some of the eejits replying to it on twitter.

Yeah, looking miles better than us today.

Getting/keeping ahead of City and them looks a massive ask.

Whatever. Beyond wonder why you suddenly took an interest I'll be staying clear of your posts from here on.

Oh no say it ain't so Mike:-)

United cruising 2-0 at HT. we're out of the top and and a point ahead of united come this evening .

Just going to throw this out there but is there any call for Gerrard to pull on the shirt until the end of the season to give morale in the squad a booste ?

• Advertisement

There's nowt we can do about United if we can't get our own **** together. United are simply winning a game they're expected to win, something they haven't been all that good at themselves recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Did you see any of him in America recently? Would he be able? Genuine question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cobb has to be the biggest ass to post here since Caovyn Lineah. :pac:

Jayop wrote: »
    Did you see any of him in America recently? Would he be able? Genuine question.

I'm not saying he's going to come in and be Gerrard of 10 years ago. It's obvious morale is quite low in the squad at the moment .

To have him around the dressing room. Maybe have 10 mins in him at the end of a game to close it out or get a needed goal.

It's easy for other poster to just say "No" without engaging in any debate .

We signed zip in Jan window and got rid of Sakho. We're in free fall. It's just a suggestion or thinking out loud

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Cobb has to be the biggest ass to post here since Caovyn Lineah. :pac:

lol :-)

God Augeo was right the sisters really don't like the status qou been disturbed. Pm me if you would like to continue the name calling and stop pretending to be the big man on here.

noodler wrote: »

Very engaging there buddy. 17000 odd posts . Must be the wittiest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm not saying he's going to come in and be Gerrard of 10 years ago. It's obvious morale is quite low in the squad at the moment .

To have him around the dressing room. Maybe have 10 mins in him at the end of a game to close it out or get a needed goal.

It's easy for other poster to just say "No" without engaging in any debate .

We signed zip in Jan window and got rid of Sakho. We're in free fall. It's just a suggestion or thinking out loud

Where would he even play tho? Henderson is in his spot and that's really the only place someone like Gerard with the loss of pace could sit now.

Couldn't be worse than Can has been lately.

Gerrard coming back would only confirm the crisis.

• Advertisement

Very engaging there buddy. 17000 odd posts . Must be the wittiest

Thought you were joking friend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement