Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I didn't actually see the game yesterday.

How did Mane play?
    Milner?

Were we getting the ball out wide at all? Getting behind their defence? Running at them?

One of the characteristics of even poor Mane performances is that he stretches the play, pulls players out of position and makes us dangerous even when we're rubbish.
    Was it really more of the same like we've been seeing lately or was there any difference in how we played?

You can have "blips" in the middle of bad runs just as easily as having blips during good runs.
    It'd be nice to think this is just a "blip" of sorts, only one at the start of a run rather than in the middle of it and we're actually not complete **** anymore, but I daren't be that optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Good thing Leicester are falling towards relegation, they're playing us soon and that's teh best position ot be in to beat us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good thing Leicester are falling towards relegation, they're playing us soon and that's teh best position ot be in to beat us.

They will have a new manager by the time we play them and you know what that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Jayop wrote: »
    Where would he even play tho? .

We could stick him in goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

the sisters really don't like the status qou been disturbed.

The what now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

One thing the teams we've struggled against have shown is fight and togetherness.

Leicester don't seem to have any. Neither do Arsenal.

at least 7 from the next 9 is, despite everything, quite likely IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Cobb has to be the biggest ass to post here since Caovyn Lineah. :pac:

He was some man for one man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Looking like Leicester will be relegated after winning last year, tinkerman could be gone after this game by the sounds of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

The what now?

And your a grammar nazi as well! Congrats :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We could stick him in goal

Haha

• Advertisement

The temptation.

The temptation.

Go on ya know ya want to!

That your instead of you're must be killing you ;-)

Jayop wrote: »
    Haha

Your some united fan, a game on and posting in the Liverpool thread

Leicester will get relegated but how can they sack Ranieri? Seriously? He won them a league they had no right to. It would be awful harsh to sack him,relegation or not.

Go on ya know ya want to!

That your instead of you're must be killing you ;-)

Haha. It was. If ya did it on purpose then fair play.

sword1 wrote: »
    Your some united fan, a game on and posting in the Liverpool forum

Watch out Kerri is about. He doesn't like the misuse of your! :)

Leicester will get relegated but how can they sack Ranieri? Seriously? He won them a league they had no right to. It would be awful harsh to sack him,relegation or not.

Supposed to be big problems with the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It's easy for other poster to just say "No" without engaging in any debate .

You asked was there any call for Gerrard to return. There isn't so no was the obvious answer. It shouldn't be up for debate LT, there is no chance its going to happen whatever point is put across.

Who is talking about sacking him?
    I haven't seen that anywhere.

Who is talking about sacking him?
    I haven't seen that anywhere.

The post just above your "grammar nazi" one. If you'd rub the red mist of fury from your eyes you'd have seen it.

• Advertisement

Supposed to be big problems with the players

I heard that earlier alright. I was happy they won it last year...it was a cool story. I can't say I'd be sorry to see them relegated though :)

The post just above your "grammar nazi" one. If you'd rub the red mist of fury from your eyes you'd have seen it.

Ah would ya relax. I only asked a simple question. No need for the narkiness.
    Could you not just have pointed me to the post without the snide remark along with the grammar corrections.

Ah would ya relax. I only asked a simple question. No need for the narkiness.
    Could you not just have pointed me to the post without the snide remark along with the grammar corrections.

Fair enough. Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robbie Keane is a free agent his boyhood club and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

No sentiment in football. If you've been given time and money for players and you're not doing the biz you're gone, end of.

The club can't afford to be relegated. If they've tried everything bar sacking the manager and are staring relegation in the face they have to do something.

Who's available to take over though. It'd have to be someone who'd give the players a lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Your some united fan, a game on and posting in the Liverpool forum

Posted at half time asking a genuine question. Checked to see if someone replied. Posting haha to a joke wasn't too arduous.

Maybe multi tasking is beyond yourself but not everyone.

I'd happily see schmeichael in goal for us next year. Let karius try and up his game in the cups & early EL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yellow card on the first day posting in the thread, really taking the Neil Young song to heart there.
    It's better to burn out than it is to rust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Table is tough reading this afternoon.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Table is tough reading this afternoon.

Yep, Liverpool has split milk all over the past month. We really needing at least one more new table cloth this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

8-10 wrote: »
    Disagree with this as the main issue. Not going to defend Mignolet's performance but it wasn't his fault that we didn't score. If you have the best keeper in the world playing for us yesterday we still would have drawn 0-0.

Maybe I am missing a large portion of your point but you seem to be re-enforcing mind while tying to contradict it. 0 - 0 away is a vastly superior result to 2 - 0 - especially against a team like Hull and particularly when we are on such a bad run.

The team ahead of the keeper needs to trust him. The uncertainty that a keeper like Mignolet introduces causes our defenders to compensate. An over compensation results in otherwise solid defenders turning into a disaster. On another note, trust creates something worth fighting for. What's the point of killing yourself if you are leaking goals so easily?

Partially back to your point, even if we scored 2 goals yesterday, those goals would have been a proper kick in the nuts.

Mignolet should have been catching that ball yesterday if that meant taking out the forward and his own defender so be it take them all out and catch the bloody ball.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yellow card on the first day posting in the thread, really taking the Neil Young song to heart there.
    It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Second day Ted.

Interesting that I get card but when I get called an ass then no card for the poster!

The Sisters clique really is strong in here.

Mignolet should have been catching that ball yesterday if that meant taking out the forward and his own defender so be it take them all out and catch the bloody ball.

Exactly!!

Out of curiosity, and I am by no means suggesting that Karius is better, has our drop in form (defensive mistakes, goals conceded etc) coincided at all with Mignolet becoming number 1 again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Second day Ted.

Interesting that I get card but when I get called an ass then no card for the poster!

The Sisters' clique really is strong in here.

:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

We are the new Aston Villa, lets face it, we won things decades ago apart from flooking a champions league in 2005, now we flirt around 6th/7th every year. We need solid arab investment to compete with United and Man City. Liverpool football club wont win the league in the next 50 years unless we have a billionaire not some American who hasnt a clue about Saacer.

Klopp wont hang around too much longer if the rumours are true and Juventus want him. Hes always waving to the crowd to get louder, he thought it was abig club but realises most of the fans in the stadium are tourists. He must regret taking the job now, if he waited a little bit longer hed be managing Bayer Munich now with his hunny Lewandowskii and drinking his beloved Krombacher beer and Schnitzels.

Id take anyone at this stage, Martin O Neill is a great coach???
    Hed leave the Republic in a heart beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Cobb has to be the biggest ass to post here since Caovyn Lineah. :pac:

Whatever happened to Caovyn?

Exactly!!

Out of curiosity, and I am by no means suggesting that Karius is better, has our drop in form (defensive mistakes, goals conceded etc) coincided at all with Mignolet becoming number 1 again?

Honestly I think it's the lack of consistency in the back four more so than which keeper is in goal.

All our CB's have missed time with injury's this season.

When was the last time we had the same two CB's playing together.

Milner as good as he has been at LB isn't a LB and hasn't the pace to get back if he gets caught out.

Clyne who is a good defender and doesn't add anything to the attack so all he is doing at the moment is running up and down the right flank.

Couple all that with two jittery goalkeepers it's no wonder we are a mess at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

We are the new Aston Villa, lets face it, we won things decades ago apart from flooking a champions league in 2005, now we flirt around 6th/7th every year. We need solid arab investment to compete with United and Man City. Liverpool football club wont win the league in the next 50 years unless we have a billionaire not some American who hasnt a clue about Saacer.

Klopp wont hang around too much longer if the rumours are true and Juventus want him. Hes always waving to the crowd to get louder, he thought it was abig club but realises most of the fans in the stadium are tourists. He must regret taking the job now, if he waited a little bit longer hed be managing Bayer Munich now with his hunny Lewandowskii and drinking his beloved Krombacher beer and Schnitzels.

Id take anyone at this stage, Martin O Neill is a great coach???
    Hed leave the Republic in a heart beat.

For anyone tempted to take the bait, this is a 14 year old who occasionally posts on the United thread and who still lights his own farts as a source of amusement. If engaged, he'll never leave but if ignored he'll resort back to his flatulent self whilst preparing for double Geography in the am.
    Just engaging here so others don't have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They're not trying to be funny, it just comes naturally .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mosstin wrote: »
    For anyone tempted to take the bait, this is a 14 year old who occasionally posts on the United thread and who still lights his own farts as a source of amusement. If engaged, he'll never leave but if ignored he'll resort back to his flatulent self whilst preparing for double Geography in the am.

He must not know that people can look at his post history and see that he is a Man Utd fan unless he has changed his mind in the past few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Good to put a face to a name, man!

Someone should tell them we didn't sign Fowler and that he came up through the academy turned it off after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

:D Ah thanks for posting that fella. Dying with a hangover here and that's the first time I laughed all day.

They're gas!

'' there is more driftwood over Barry Island, than there is in our academy and our first team''

I would hope so/

Second day Ted.

The Sisters clique really is strong in here.

giphy.gif

Striiiiiike 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »

Cheers man!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Striiiiiike 2!

Here all day baby :)

Spurs H
    Leicester A
    Arsenal H
    Burnley H

Really need 4 wins here. Spurs and Arsenal are exactly what we need, Leicester have not won a game this year. Burnley are a WIN LOSE WIN LOSE WIN LOSE WIN LOSE team, hopefully they win before they play us.
    I'd still confident of 2nd place if we beat Spurs and Arsenal .

I'd still confident of 2nd place if we beat Spurs and Arsenal .

You are off your tits if you think we can get 2nd.

Top 4 and I will be happy. Otherwise I will be disappointed - purely because of our good start.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement