Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If I was a man in a quarry I'd be hiding under a rock for the foreseeable future.

In fairness, didn't hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Woodburn scores, TAA gets MOTM and Pink Floyd's 'Fearless' playing there in the background at Anfield while they were doing post-match interviews :) a nice smug, chilled end to the evening!

Skip to about 4:20 (strange number :P ) to skip to the chase if you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

MD1990 wrote: »
    Delighted for Woodburn & his great grandad Harry Palmr.

Fixed that for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well we won't be meeting Rafa in the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Delighted Owe's record is gone, but reading that match thread some sore losers about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Disappointed for Rafa - was hopeful of seeing him vs Klopp, but it looks like I'll have to wait til they're back in the PL.

I'm predicting the two semi-finals to be

Arsenal v Hull
    Man Utd v Liverpool

Umaro wrote: »
    Disappointed for Rafa - was hopeful of seeing him vs Klopp, but it looks like I'll have to wait til they're back in the PL.

Arsenal v Hull
    Man Utd v Liverpool

I'd rather not meet Rafa in a cup competition with his record in cups compared to Klopp's record in cup finals.

So happy to see Newcastle go out I'd much rather meet Hull in a semi or final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Umaro wrote: »

Arsenal v Hull
    Man Utd v Liverpool

So we'll play Hull in the final and Arsenal will lose the third place playoff (I know, just go with it) to finish where they always do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Delighted for Woodburn, he'll get attention for it, deservedly so but thankfully he's Welsh so the media mightn't make him out to be a Messiah just yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He's not Welsh being born in Chester but his family is, at this point he could still switch to England.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Delighted for Woodburn, he'll get attention for it, deservedly so but thankfully he's Welsh so the media mightn't make him out to be a Messiah just yet

Give them time he hasn't played a senior game for Wales yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Delighted Owe's record is gone, but reading that match thread some sore losers about

Makes it all the sweeter, shame they won't make the PL any time soon to make it a regular thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We will be without mane for the semi finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He's not Welsh being born in Chester but his family is, at this point he could still switch to England.

Bubble burster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Thought ejaria was good and tried to make some things happen which didn't really come off for him . Stewart is not good enough for LFC he never showed any incisiveness and always played the easy ball. Moreno was decent too:D:D

• Advertisement

Hopefully he pledges to Wales in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How many

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hopefully he pledges to Wales in the morning!

Here's the link if anyone else wants to do the same....

http://www.savethewhales.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Great win for the boys. Were gonna win the treble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

How many

its sorted we have someone to karius in his absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

How did trent play? I only got one watch bits and pieces. Was a good ball for the goal but apart from that did he play well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If I was a man in a quarry I'd be hiding under a rock for the foreseeable future.

lol. Just spotted this.

Are you 10 years old? Bless.

I'll be in the match thread when you're finished hiding out here with those hilarious comments :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

corwill wrote: »
    In fairness, didn't hide.

Nope. He did though.

All aboard the banter bus boys! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    How did trent play? I only got one watch bits and pieces. Was a good ball for the goal but apart from that did he play well?

He was excellent throughout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

quarryman wrote: »
    Nope. He did though.

All aboard the banter bus boys! :)

You probably should have, though. Any more small time, an electron microscope would be needed to read your posts over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well well well. This is a rare treat indeed. Quarryman in the LFC superthread. One of these years now you'll let go of that bitterness you've kept from the playground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

daithijjj wrote: »
    Well well well. This is a rare treat indeed. Quarryman in the LFC superthread. One of these years now you'll let go of that bitterness you've kept from the playground.

It's a bit sweet though. I really appreciate those 70s and 80s more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    Here's your orientation pack:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97480423&postcount=944

Read over and memorise it thoroughly, you won't last long otherwise.

The list should be on the list now.
    Listception or injokeception?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The list should be on the list now.
    Listception or injokeception?

It already is, right at the end. You put it there.

Owaynception.

776.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    It already is, right at the end. You put it there.

Owaynception.

776.gif

I'm a sap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Turned on SSN last night when Liverpool were struggling. The guy commentating said "if you take Couthino, Lallana and Firminho out of the side Liverpool are a different team"
    Listened to the rest of it on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The last time Everton won at Anfield, Ben Woodburn hadn't yet been born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

His form has dropped a bit lately. I thought he was really poor last night. In fairness he set the bar so high for himself in the first few games he couldn't keep that standard going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Milkers wrote: »
    His form has dropped a bit lately. I thought he was really poor last night. In fairness he set the bar so high for himself in the first few games he couldn't keep that standard going.

Made a great run for the penalty to seal the 3 points Saturday. I think we haven't looked the same for the last couple of games without Lallana, amazing how important he has become for us. Hopefully he is back this weekend.

Really thought we might lose that game last night, very sloppy in the 2nd half, Leeds were all over us and we were been forced into making errors. Klopp sensed they were going for it though and once they did we went up a gear or 2 and finished the match. Very pleased to see that and 2 in 2 for "the average one" Origi.

TAA looks a serious prospect, good to have decent cover at RB for Clyne shouldn't he get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely if has any international ambitions he'd be better off playing for Wales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

murpho999 wrote: »
    Surely if has any international ambitions he'd be better off playing for Wales?

:D True!

Still though..... England have the added lure of Gareth Southgate going for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Charlie Taylor would be a very good free transfer next summer. I thought he was excellent last night for Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

MD1990 wrote: »
    Charlie Taylor would be a very good free transfer next summer. I thought he was excellent last night for Leeds.

The fee would go to tribunal, same as Ings, right?

But yeah, absolutely would love to have him. Would also help with PL/CL homegrown regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Knex. wrote: »
    The fee would go to tribunal, same as Ings, right?

But yeah, absolutely would love to have him. Would also help with PL/CL homegrown regulations.

Thought watching him and the commentary that he'd be the next transfer rumour. Glad we weren't playing Southampton!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Leeds fan here, well done on the win last night. I ws delighted with Leeds performance and obviously disappointed with the result but fair play to Liverpool and hope you go all the way and win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Keyzer wrote: »
    Leeds fan here, well done on the win last night. I ws delighted with Leeds performance and obviously disappointed with the result but fair play to Liverpool and hope you go all the way and win it.

The fans at the stadium were brilliant and gave a great atmosphere. Was nice to hear the fans singing Gary Monk's name at the end.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The fans at the stadium were brilliant and gave a great atmosphere. Was nice to hear the fans singing Gary Monk's name at the end.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

I enjoyed the, "You shit bastard. Waaaaaay", every time Mignolet had to kick the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Knex. wrote: »
    I enjoyed the, "You shit bastard. Waaaaaay", every time Mignolet had to kick the ball.

Or when the the crowd singing stand up if you hate Man U :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Milkers wrote: »

He was poor last night, his form has dipped all right. It doesn't help his game when teams are packed solid in defence as he relies on pace and space to run into.. I think this is part of the reason we haven't seen his best form recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can we just take a moment to bask in this? It's a rare sight.

WLWDWWWWWDWWWWDWW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Moussa dembele of celtic has been linked with a move to us in january for a deal reported to be in the region of £20 million.

Reports from a glasgow newspaper says that klopp has sent scouts 5 times to watch him this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Tusky wrote: »
    Can we just take a moment to bask in this? It's a rare sight.

WLWDWWWWWDWWWWDWW

Is that where Joe Allen was born?

Colemania wrote: »
    Is that where Joe Allen was born?

Pretty sure Joe Allen was born in a stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

ricero wrote: »
    Moussa dembele of celtic has been linked with a move to us in january for a deal reported to be in the region of £20 million.

Reports from a glasgow newspaper says that klopp has sent scouts 5 times to watch him this season

He looks like he has the ingredients to become a top class player.

He'd be good cover in the short term with the injuries we have and also for Mane at the ACN (albeit he is more of a CF or left sided rather than right sided player) and Jan to June would settle him in to play a bigger part next season.

It would also be a good time for Celtic to sell as they have the league wrapped up so can bring on a squad member in his place.

I've given up spending too much time trying to figure out whether £Xm is good or bad value.

If Klopp thinks he'll add value and the club have the budget thats good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Keyzer wrote: »

The PL will be a much better place next year if Leeds and Newcastle make it in and Hull and Sunderland drop out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement