Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

NukaCola wrote: »
    Wij has been dropped for Can once in the league though, that being the last game at Hull. You would expect a player like Can to get more game time in the cups especially with a new contract on the table.

I felt in such an important game as the semi final he should have started Wij over him. The chance of a trophy was on the line.

....... & last PL game was fairly important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I felt in such an important game as the semi final he should have started Wij over him. The chance of a trophy was on the line.

I wouldn't call it persisting though if its only a few games but I agree I would much rather have Wij starting too. If Klopp starts him again versus Spurs over Wij I'll be surprised and slightly worried.
    Augeo wrote: »
    ....... & last PL game was fairly important

Can is obviously seen as an important player for us. If a highly rated young CM cant come in and play well against Hull then thats a problem. I get that the strongest team should have been played against Hull to completely turn around the slump/morale though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I kind of want us to push a little more now against the teams that sit back, get more creative threats on.

Mig
    Matip
    Lovren
    Clyne
    Hendo
    Milner
    Lallana
    Coutinho
    --Mane----Firmino---Origi

Or hell, maybe even just swap Coutinho and Wijnaldum for a while, play Wijnaldum in the front three where he scored a lot for Newcastle last year, and play Coutinho deeper in midfield where he still offers a threat.

For the Spurs game though, would just play our more established strongest 11 - midfield of Hendo, Lallana, Wij, front trio of Mane, Firmino, Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

noodler wrote: »
    We aren't going to pay 100m for a 30 year old.

Sure he probably wouldn't get in our team anyway if you listen to posters on here that were trying to tell me last week that Sanchez wouldn't get in our team! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    Sure he probably wouldn't get in our team anyway if you listen to posters on here that were trying to tell me last week that Sanchez wouldn't get in our team! :rolleyes:

That didn't happen.......did it? :eek:

Sanchez would get in our team alright but he wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact as Luis had for us.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Not a hope, Everton would rather let him die than move across.

Maybe he will go to city in the summer and then we can get him when he inevitably fails there. ;)

One of our regular posters threw in his tuppence regarding Sanchez' mental composition too. Was fascinating / horse sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wijnaldum is not cover for Can/Hendo as they play different roles.
    So where does Wij play?

Further up and biased to the left. About 20 yards difference.
    One of our regular posters threw in his tuppence regarding Sanchez' mental composition too. Was fascinating / horse sh1t.

He'd get in on talent obviously but possibly not temperament was the point a few of us made (not Klopp's sort). I see Aguero is also pissed off now I'd sooner go for him of the two

• Advertisement

He'd get in on talent obviously but possibly not temperament was the point a few of us made (not Klopp's sort). I see Aguero is also pissed off now I'd sooner go for him of the two

Is he renowned for poor temperament? Apart from a few silly incidents over the past few weeks I would have said his temperament was good at the very least.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I miss goals.
    I miss gegenpressing.

Whatever Ted I was mocking Mikes detective skills! I did deliberately call him Mike after all when he tried to extract the urine out of me and like I said I ain't a re reg otherwise i think a mod would have banned me?

But do you know what is a truly strange post somebody trying to call me out for being a re reg when he is actually in fact a re reg himself. The mind boggles! But even stranger that you decide to pick my post apart 24 hours later rather than address Harry/Mikes truly strange post.

God Augeo really was right about ye lads coming "strong" for me eh. Very cliquey lads.

If you want to talk football I'm more than happy to discuss with you on here or if you wish to continue your amateur psychoanalysis you can pm me and I'll happily assist you.

Haha I'm not in any clique buddy. Don't know who to pm to get in.

Clap clap Sherlock! What gave it away....maybe me calling you Mike was it.

And I'm not a re reg like I said long time lurker.

That is your post word for word. First part says what gave it away, confirming that you are a re reg and the next line says you're not. It is strange. Don't see how me pointing out the obvious means I'm attempting amatuer psychoanalysis.

Is he renowned for poor temperament? Apart from a few silly incidents over the past few weeks I would have said his temperament was good at the very least.....

You have to look at the body language iirc
    ..... more informative than actual lack of incidents and on pitch temperament

Well it depends how one interprets his recent mardy behaviour - his reaction to Arsenal imploding is either weak and petulant or the sign of someone who demands better from everyone else. Or he is just annoyed that Giroud keeps scoring vital goals.

You have to look at the body language iirc
    ..... more informative than actual lack of incidents and on pitch temperament
    Well it depends how one interprets his recent mardy behaviour - his reaction to Arsenal imploding is either weak and petulant or the sign of someone who demands better from everyone else. Or he is just annoyed that Giroud keeps scoring vital goals.

I dont tend to watch Arsenal games that much anymore tbh bar their "big" games, and when I have I never really noticed anything lacking in his performances, so I am open to correction on that of course.

And I'm not a re reg like I said long time lurker. Lurking long enough to know that you re reg from Mike65 to auld Harry now ;-)

That is your post word for word. First part says what gave it away, confirming that you are a re reg and the next line says you're not. It is strange. Don't see how me pointing out the obvious means I'm attempting amatuer psychoanalysis.

I reckon the clap clap Sherlock was sarcasm.

Haha I'm not in any clique buddy. Don't know who to pm to get in.

And I'm not a re reg like I said long time lurker.

If you are finding it hard to understand my earlier post explaining the above maybe get a friend to help.
    I'm not here to hold your hand buddy:-)

The obsession with this re reg craic is laughable.....Must try harder lads;-)

I dont tend to watch Arsenal games that much anymore tbh bar their "big" games, and when I have I never really noticed anything lacking in his performances, so I am open to correction on that of course.

I agree.
    See the horsesh1t I mentioned a post or so back.

He looks ecstatic compared to our lot of late.

I think he would have got there in the end Augeo.......Might have took a few more days but I'm nearly sure he would have :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The lads that like giving off about "cliques" now have their own. Yep. Life comes at you fast.

Yup. I was told by at least two separate posters that Sanchez wouldn't get in our team as he wouldn't displace any of the front 3. I said he would instantly be our best player and would start obviously.

The lads that like giving off about "cliques" now have their own. Yep. Life comes at you fast.

Ah diddums.... don't cry bud
    Only a bit of bantz

Probably need more than two to be called a clique. But thanks for the input anyways :)

Players with Sanchez's attitude are exactly the type of players Liverpool need. A winners attitude. Suarez, Gerrard, Carragher had it in abundance and it's sorely missed from our squad now.

Eh ya I get that obviously. But it is a sarcastic way of comfirming that someone is right, not that they are wrong. I mean if the guy is gonna use sarcasm he should at least use it correctly.
    If you are finding it hard to understand my earlier post explaining the above maybe get a friend to help.
    I'm not here to hold your hand buddy:-)

The obsession with this re reg craic is laughable.....Must try harder lads;-)

As I said above perhaps it is you that should get a friend to explain sarcasm to you. But as far as the actually issue of you being a re reg or not. couldn't care less tbh. I was more concerned with the misuse of sarcasm which is my favourite way to communicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

here is Klopp dancing to make you smile and forget all this infighting with who is in a clique and who are sisters :)

giphy.gif

I think he would have got there in the end Augeo.......Might have took a few more days but I'm nearly sure he would have :)

Oh god and then you have the gall to call me slow. Pretty cringey really. By the way, what you and Augeo have done is form a clique. Didn't take you long! :P

We seem to have gotten a bit more timid in our movement and decision making of late...

Obviously the biggest issue is teams sitting back against us. But even beyond that, so often now, someone gets the ball in a good forward position, and instead of going for the riskier but far more rewarding option, everyone seems inclined to pass back and keep possession, and then they opportunity is gone.

Those quick one touch attacking layoffs in the final third seem to be gone. The runs and opportunities are still there to do them, but the pass is no longer attempted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Can I block a poster using the mobile site? This place hasn't been as bad since caovyn was around.

Eh ya I get that obviously. But it is a sarcastic way of comfirming that someone is right, not that they are wrong. I mean if the guy is gonna use sarcasm he should at least use it correctly.

As I said above perhaps it is you that should get a friend to explain sarcasm to you. But as far as the actually issue of you being a re reg or not. couldn't care less tbh. I was more concerned with the misuse of sarcasm which is my favourite way to communicate.

Reverse reverse.... beep beep

Oh sarcasm is your favourite way to communicate, wow? Do you realise what that has made you sound like, talking about yourself like that? Oh I'd say you are a real wit alright.

Ok I'll explain it to you seeing as you are having such difficulty. I was being sarcastic that Harry took such an obvious bait to call me a re reg when he is actually a re reg himself by me calling him Mike. I don't know in what other way I can break this down for you. You seem a tad bit obsessed, are you sure you couldn't care less cus it's not coming across this way.

I want to talk about football. It's getting tiring having to reply to all these non football posts directed at me. And I am only replying not instigating the non football posts.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    We seem to have gotten a bit more timid in our movement and decision making of late...

Obviously the biggest issue is teams sitting back against us. But even beyond that, so often now, someone gets the ball in a good forward position, and instead of going for the riskier but far more rewarding option, everyone seems inclined to pass back and keep possession, and then they opportunity is gone.

Those quick one touch attacking layoffs in the final third seem to be gone. The runs and opportunities are still there to do them, but the pass is no longer attempted.

This is another by-product of playing Can and not Wijnaldum - with two sitting CM's we're missing the body between the lines who can make runs high up the pitch creating space or feeding Coutinho and Lallana in particular. In fact Klopp has by making one change quite messed up the dynamic.

The opposition must love seeing a midfield with two "cloggers" who pose absolutely no threat in attack.

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Can I block a poster using the mobile site? This place hasn't been as bad since caovyn was around.

If that's directed at me then block away.
    Like I said above I'm only replying to non football posts not instigating them.

Yay, football talk!!! :D
    How we have been playing recently is like night and day when compared to earlier in the season. It has to weighing them down mentally now at this point which will make it much harder to get out of this slump imo. It has become very worrying. Still each new game really is another chance to turn it around and no better team than Spurs to turn the corner against.

• Advertisement

Oh sarcasm is your favourite way to communicate, wow? Do you realise what that has made you sound like, talking about yourself like that? Oh I'd say you are a real wit alright.

Ok I'll explain it to you seeing as you are having such difficulty. I was being sarcastic that Harry took such an obvious bait to call me a re reg when he is actually a re reg himself by me calling him Mike. I don't know in what other way I can break this down for you. You seem a tad bit obsessed, are you sure you couldn't care less cus it's not coming across this way.

I want to talk about football. It's getting tiring having to reply to all these non football posts directed at me. And I am only replying not instigating the non football posts.

Finally we can agree on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Welcome to the thread Cobb, always nice to see new blood, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

I wonder if Mahrez could be gotten for a decent price this summer. Gives us that extra option for when one of our first choice trio are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I wonder if Mahrez could be gotten for a decent price this summer. Gives us that extra option for when one of our first choice trio are out.

Yeah good shout, might get him at a knock down price after they get relegated.

Another Afcon player? No ta. Quincy Promes would make more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'd take vardy too with him

I dunno, I'm sick of us buying these type of players off the back of one good season maybe two. I have a funny feeling if we bought Mahrez it would be another Harry Kewell situation where he would be quiet happy to go through the motions after possibly getting a transfer to the biggest size club he could have hoped for.

As much as it pains me to say it we need to unearth players that want to use us as a stepping stone to clubs like Barca Real. Like when Rafa bought Mascherano, Alonso and when Kenny bought Suarez.

PS I know these players are had to find but that's what we have Klopp for. He has made a large part of his career on developing such players.

I dunno, I'm sick of us buying these type of players off the back of one good season maybe two. I have a funny feeling if we bought Mahrez it would be another Harry Kewell situation where he would be quiet happy to go through the motions after possibly getting a transfer to the biggest size club he could have hoped for.

You may have forgotten the Harry Kewell transfer. It was very ugly. He wasn't bought off the back of 1 or 2 seasons, he had spent 8 years at Leeds during which time Inter Milan had a 25 mill offer rebuffed. He went to Liverpool in a deal that saw millions go to his agent, Bernie Mandic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I don't think we need much. One good player can make a difference, we need to move into space with ball more. Too much possession leads to two blocks of 4.
    Football is about creating chances, you might create 12 and score 2, currently we seem so afraid of losing ball that we create nothing. In final third you need to take on a player, or run into box or space and shoot or pass the final pass. It will break down more often but it prevents the two blocks of 4 forming as when it breaks down the opposition will have ball. We can press and win it back.
    Lately we just have the ball, and pass pass pass until we give it to Milner. So predictable.

As much as it pains me to say it we need to unearth players that want to use us as a stepping stone to clubs like Barca Real. Like when Rafa bought Mascherano, Alonso and when Kenny bought Suarez.

PS I know these players are had to find but that's what we have Klopp for. He has made a large part of his career on developing such players.

While I agree with the sentiment I don't think Kewell is a good analogy. He would have had his choice of clubs in his peak. Maybe Downing or even Lovren would be better. The type of player that thinks he has made it now that he is at Liverpool as opposed to the one who realises that that is exactly when the really hard work needs to start!

It really is a shocking indictment of where we are as a club to be openly admitting we need to start thinking of ourselves as a stepping stone club, even if that's exactly what we have been for almost 20 years now.

I don't think we need much. One good player can make a difference, we need to move into space with ball more. Too much possession leads to two blocks of 4.
    Football is about creating chances, you might create 12 and score 2, currently we seem so afraid of losing ball that we create nothing. In final third you need to take on a player, or run into box or space and shoot or pass the final pass. It will break down more often but it prevents the two blocks of 4 forming as when it breaks down the opposition will have ball. We can press and win it back.
    Lately we just have the ball, and pass pass pass until we give it to Milner. So predictable.

Indeed, like when you look at Man City and Gabi Jesus. Without him, they drop more points last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Remember the time klopp changed tactics for a game against city, yeahhhhh...Great times

While I agree with the sentiment I don't think Kewell is a good analogy. He would have had his choice of clubs in his peak. Maybe Downing or even Lovren would be better. The type of player that thinks he has made it now that he is at Liverpool as opposed to the one who realises that that is exactly when the really hard work needs to start!

It really is a shocking indictment of where we are as a club to be openly admitting we need to start thinking of ourselves as a stepping stone club, even if that's exactly what we have been for almost 20 years now.

Was there not an interview by an ex team mate of Kewells, I can't remember his name now, who said the reason he thought Kewell didn't succeed at Liverpool was because he had reached his dream club and had pulled up the handbrake now that a life goal had been achieved?

Kewell has even stated himself that Pool were the club he supported as a boy growing up and it was his dream move.

I wouldn't worry too much about players using us as a stepping stone either. It happens to all clubs bar Barca and Madrid. Shur look at Ronaldo trying to get away from united for years to Madrid.

Klopp has developed players at Dortmund such as Mikha, Ledandowski, Goteze. Hopefully he can do the same with a few of ours like Can etc or buy players on the cusp of getting a move to one of the top Spanish teams after a couple of seasons with us. Suarez nearly won us a title all the while fluttering his eyes at Barca and Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The thing I've noticed recently is even on the counter the players will stop and look to pass it sideways or cross field balls. It's like they're afraid to take the run on themselves.

Kewell has even stated himself that Pool were the club he supported as a boy growing up and it was his dream move.................

A friend was an apprenctice when Kewall was at LUFC, he reckons Kewall was very very fond of the £.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement