Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Markovic looked good today alright. I truly hope that Marco Silva turns out to be a wonderful manager just so that Paul Merson is constantly reminded about it until the end of his days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mosstin wrote: »
    Markovic looked good today alright. I truly hope that Marco Silva turns out to be a wonderful manager just so that Paul Merson is constantly reminded about it until the end of his days.

Silva keeps Hull up and Big Sam gets Palace relegated would be just great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

_________MIg_________

___Gomez_Matip_Lovern__

________Hender_______
    Milner____________Clyne/Moreno__
    _______Coutinho_________

_Mane___Origi_____Firmino

I'd like to see something like this
    Brings balance I feel .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A win today is so important, get us within a point of Spurs as nd Arsenal. Without a win chances are we drop to 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I find it remarkable that it's taken so long.

Funny it took Henry to do it. Another reason to be happy with great owners.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Match thread up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'm not long home from a 12 hour shift. It's been a long tough week. I'm bollixed tired and still have bad memories of watching last week's match. My head has been telling me all week to give today's match a miss. Cos like I've watched Liverpool flop badly over the last month, so what if I don't watch it? Maybe, just maybe we will win?? ..................................................................................

Ah feck it! I have to watch them! The pull is too damn strong! Sleep will just have to wait a bit longer. I'll either go to bed happy or frustrated. But I can't miss this game. Hope to heck we win!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would Sinnotts be jammed because of the Rugby today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Knex. wrote: »
    Would Sinnotts be jammed because of the Rugby today?

Yep, definitely.

• Advertisement

Down to 6th as things stand ahead of the match. Hard to believe things have fallen apart as badly as they have so quickly. Win is important today or this season might just fizzle out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lucas in defence again :(

#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lucas, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino #LIVTOT

#THFC: Lloris (C), Walker, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Dembele, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane. #COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Send Sakho out on loan and we're starting Lucas in defence.

Lovren and Klavan seem to pick up a lot of little niggles between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Joe Gomez deserves a chance, he's not going to get better without playing. Lucas has been nothing short of atrocious in defence.

#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lucas, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino #LIVTOT

#THFC: Lloris (C), Walker, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies, Dembele, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane. #COYS

Mignolet still there.
    At least Gini is in for Can.

Love Lucas to bits but I'd be worried about him starting today to be honest. Very worried.

Dropping Can is a good move and should have been done weeks ago. Happy enough with the team aside from Lucas.

Huge game this. Fingers crossed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lucas at CB again....not a good sign. He's just not good enough to start let alone start out of position. I would have probably went with Gomez but that brings its own risks.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lucas at CB again....not a good sign. He's just not good enough to start let alone start out of position. I would have probably went with Gomez but that brings its own risks.

Highlights how poor our squad is and in a game like this when there's lots at stake, we shouldn't be this short of decent cover. The thing that worries me is that our first choice partner for Matip isn't up to it on a consistent basis either.

Lucas is a disaster at CB. Spurs will score at least 2 today

Joe Gomez deserves a chance, he's not going to get better without playing. Lucas has been nothing short of atrocious in defence.

Thought Gomez looked a bit off the pace in the games he's played to be honest. He was out for a very long time though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Lucas in defence is a bad move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

There is a hammering on the cards today with lucas at cb,wtf is klopp playing at

shamrock55 wrote: »
    There is a hammering on the cards today with lucas at cb,wtf is klopp playing at

Well yeah they'll score anyway but whether we can score more is the question.

Still think we can win it but we'll need 2 or 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Thought Gomez looked a bit off the pace in the games he's played to be honest. He was out for a very long time though to be fair.

Whereas Lucas is on the pace???

Lucas has done nothing to justify selection, nothing at all! By all accounts a nice lad/good servant and all, but fvuk me....

Rose and Vertongen out for Spurs? So that's not bad news.

Photos of Brody (from homeland) doing the rounds wearing his red scarf at the game. So that has settled my nerves. Should be grand now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

CMON THE POOL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mane is unreal

The three summer signings are the best players in the pitch today. If Klopp can find some more this summer, we'll be in decent shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

That's more like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A fantastic performance so far. We've missed this. It's good to have it back. Only disappointment is we should have more goals.

Wtf was Giles on about the other day? Hendo playing well again today. A few more of his 'trademark' creative over the top diagonal balls.

• Advertisement

A fantastic performance so far. We've missed this. It's good to have it back. Only disappointment is we should have more goals.

I think we just need to figure out a way now to play against those teams that park the bus. Maybe a 343 or 352 against those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Superb so far, Wij and Mane immense, job not done yet though....

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wtf was Giles on about the other day? Hendo playing well again today. A few more of his 'trademark' creative over the top diagonal balls.

I simply don't understand how anyone cites Giles as an expert on the modern game. It's evolved so much since his time. Still doing his shopping in Quinnsworth and Saint Bernard's is Gilesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lucas has been great at CB too I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If only the league was limited to 6 teams, reckon we could win it then.

I simply don't understand how anyone cites Giles as an expert on the modern game. It's evolved so much since his time. Still doing his shopping in Quinnsworth and Saint Bernard's is Gilesy.

Yep exactly. Off the Ball is feckin ****e anyway. The lads on that are the worst type of smug know it alls. If Giles weren't their pundit i'm sure they wouldnt give him the time of day. He's constantly on it, can't bear it anymore.

I still think his talk on actual football is terrific - his reading of the game, and knowledge of tactics etc is great. All the timeless things.

It's when he talks specifically about current footballers that he looks a fool. He speaks with the same level of self assurance, but clearly simply doesn't watch anywhere near as much football as he used to, so just doesn't have the knowledge of present-day players and teams. So he bluffs his way through it with the same kinds of comments you hear from the guy perched down the pub.

Firmino has somehow managed to remain anonymous in the game - what's going on with him?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Firmino has somehow managed to remain anonymous in the game - what's going on with him?

Wouldn't have said that... he hasn't been the key man, but he's involved in almost all of those little link ups we've had around the box.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Wouldn't have said that... he hasn't been the key man, but he's involved in almost all of those little link ups we've had around the box.

Yeah, I retract my statement actually, hahaha. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Wait... So Liverpool play better with Hendo lallana and gini in midfield? Shut up!! Who knew?

~Rebel~ wrote: »

His best game in months, for me.

Delighted with the game. Scrappy 2nd half, but understandable considering our recent form.

We have something now to push on from.

No game for 16 days now.

Absolutely wonderful that. Where was that energy the last month? Regardless, 3 huge points and 16 days to rest tired bodies. Gini was absolutely immense tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Woohoo! Go Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good game, good game.

You can tell I wasn't able to watch it until the last 10 and even then I was worried I might create two Mignolet flaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Delighted.

Still concerned where the goals would have come from without space in behind for Mane.

However, this lets us look up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Super stuff. I can watch Match Of The Day again. Haven't watched it in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

1. Mané makes us infinitely better because he threatens in behind.

2. We're better against better teams because we don't have the ball all the time being expected to pick holes in a defence.

It's not difficult to analyse us.

noodler wrote: »
    Delighted.

Still concerned where the goals would have come from without space in behind for Mane.

However, this lets us look up again.

Could have been worse. If we hadn't scored twice and they scored once we would have lost, so I'm happy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement