Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liverpool only have one winger and he was away at the Afcon so who'd supply him with ammo?

That wasn't the point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bar Mane we have nobody with more than that. Plus Palace are really, really, really fu*king bad.
    Same with Defoe. 14 goals for Sunderland is some achievement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bar Mane we have nobody with more than that. Plus Palace are really, really, really fu*king bad.

Its better to have your goals spread out over several players like we have. It would be nice to have a player that can really punish teams while also doing a good job off the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ERG89 wrote: »

Obviously - our game is different - Klopp hates strikers! :p

Defoe would make much more sense for Liverpool as a "turn and shoot" player - he could link with the likes of Mane plus Lallana and Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ings may have been the fox in the box type player we could have done with in January.

Such a pity he got injured he wouldn't get near the starting 11 but against packet defenses he might just have been the best option to come off the bench.

We'll near know now maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If this is true the club asking a fan to bring a death certificate, then football clubs need to wise up

Shane Burns
    @MediaShaneBurns

A United fan has been banned from applying from future away games as he didn't show up for Sunday's trip to Leicester because his MUM DIED.

He was told to bring the death certificate to the ticket office to prove it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Danny Ings.

Never has so much potential been pondered over a player who played so little for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sturridge? :pac:

raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

If this is true the club asking a fan to bring a death certificate, then football clubs need to wise up

Shane Burns
    @MediaShaneBurns

A United fan has been banned from applying from future away games as he didn't show up for Sunday's trip to Leicester because his MUM DIED.

He was told to bring the death certificate to the ticket office to prove it

Fake news ? Looked at the twitter account. He is freelance but writes Daily Mail. He is a City fan and the way he responds to any question makes him look like a teenager. I would wonder if that story is just City vs Utd crap which is bigger than the LFC vs Utd crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stranger Ings

Damien360 wrote: »
    Fake news ? Looked at the twitter account. He is freelance but writes Daily Mail. He is a City fan and the way he responds to any question makes him look like a teenager. I would wonder if that story is just City vs Utd crap which is bigger than the LFC vs Utd crap.

I was not trying to have a dig at clubs, i feel sorry for that fan i mean having that message sent to you after losing your mum it is pretty low. hmmm if all ticket offices do that then football has crossed the line

Shuda signed Brady :pac:
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    And Long.

Two players that would've added dept to our small squad.

Very honest lads that work very hard for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

I was not trying to have a dig at clubs

No. I understood that completely from you. But I would be wary of that "news" as it does look like a dig at Utd by a City fan. Only on the basis of the credibility of who is carrying the news.

It must be true. Otherwise whoever is on watch tonight would've been in telling him how wrong it is by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Two players that would've added dept to our small squad.

Very honest lads that work very hard for the team.

Signing below average premiership players to help the squad is not the way to go. Both exceptionally meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Long is no better than Origi, plenty of better players in the squad than Brady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

noodler wrote: »
    Danny Ings.

Never has so much potential been pondered over a player who played so little for us.

I kind of get that feeling aswell with joe Gomez, played a handful of games at lb a season a half ago and some people were overstating him coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chelsea only winning 3 of their last 6, maybe it's the start of a dip of sorts.
    https://countingdownto.com/countdown/leicester-v-liverpool-27-february-2017-countdown-clock

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Signing below average premiership players to help the squad is not the way to go. Both exceptionally meh.

Disagree they are below average.

Disagree they are meh.

And I don't seriously think either should have been signed.

Lets stop being overly harsh on Irish players to prove a point.

We've only lost 1 more game than Chelsea have in last ten .

We've only lost 1 more game than Chelsea have in last ten .

Chelsea fixtures look handy. Title by early April I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye the title is in the bag for them the key thing for us is that they haven't got it wrapped up before they play utd.

Disagree they are below average.

Disagree they are meh.

And I don't seriously think either should have been signed.

Lets stop being overly harsh on Irish players to prove a point.

Well Shane Long cant regularly get into a Southampton team in 11th position and Brady is playing for a team in 12th having played half the season in the Championship, I dont think its overly harsh to say they are below average premier League players is it? I think both can do a very decent job but at best they are average with all due respect to them.

Chelsea fixtures look handy. Title by early April I'd say.

The have a nightmare April .
    Need to hang in there, all 4 teams that is. They have to face United Away, Everton Away , City at home, Bournemount Away in April .
    Some tricky games before that too.
    If one of the 4 teams in top 5 can win 10 in a row it's game on. Might not be us, but someone can .
    I'm not aiming for top 4, I'm aiming for top 2. We are one point off of that.
    Wish we would talk of top 2 and not top 4 .
    I want to be runners up if not winners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Wijnaldum was pretty happy when Mane scored the first.

https://twitter.com/_jaymlfc/status/830827742174248961

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Proven premiership players that score goals both at domestic and international level.

As I said I think they would benefit our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

NukaCola wrote: »
    Matip played 6 minutes up top, hardly a reason to keep a limited Carroll. If Benteke cant make it work not many would in fairness.

We could use this 'weakness' as a strength - by playing so deep, teams completely open themselves for a decent header of the ball, so I think we need to be going out and getting one, as a plan B - so whether they defend deep, or high, we have a practical option.

I agree Carroll or Benteke are just a waste given their prices versus how little they'd play - but someone like a Llorente could have been gotten cheap and given another possibility.

Equally I wouldn't be opposed to someone like Mitrović, not really getting his game at Newcastle because of their own style of play, a bit nuts, but does something none of our centre forwards can do, would be available for a decent price, and is young enough to improve - still only 22. Frankly, i'd feel better about throwing him on for 20 minutes of desperation than Sturridge. Good workrate too, so you could even start him against the Bus Parking teams, and his presence might force them to defend a little higher, giving us a little of that space in behind we've been struggling to find.

Or ****it, let's bring back Crouchie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

love that passion

Well Shane Long cant regularly get into a Southampton team in 11th position and Brady is playing for a team in 12th having played half the season in the Championship, I dont think its overly harsh to say they are below average premier League players is it? I think both can do a very decent job but at best they are average with all due respect to them.

I'd say they are average.

Long is the polar opposite of someone like Sturridge when he isn't scoring. Provides assists, an aerial and outlet, physical out ball etc.

Brady has done it at the business end of massive international games and a major tournament.
    Goal in Bosnia, assist at home, goal vs Italy, peno vs France.

I won't go overboard on this but I think both have better attributes than alot of below average EPL players even if Long's dont translate to goals often enough.

• Advertisement

Wijnaldum was pretty happy when Mane scored the first.

https://twitter.com/_jaymlfc/status/830827742174248961

I fcuking love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

love that passion

That's what we need. Can would just clap or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great goal by Torres tonight. He was some player for those couple of seasons.

Vicxas wrote: »

What do you think of Hendo in that little snippet so?

Vicxas wrote: »

tenor.gif

We got his best years. Also got a bargain in Suarez for 57 million when he went, although a shame we wasted 800,000 on Carroll.

Edit: Don't forget to refresh.

tenor.gif

The little nod at the end makes it.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We got his best years. Also got a bargain in Suarez for 57 million when he went, although a shame we wasted 800,000 on Carroll.

Edit: Don't forget to refresh.

You've missed your calling...you should be a spin doctor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Can is having a poor run presently but we've seen plenty to know there's a good footballer in there. I don't get the animosity he's on the receiving end of in the media or in here from a few. The contract stand-off might grate with some but it's nothing new or unusual to us as supporters for a contract negotiation.

Klopp is taking the squad off to Spain for a week of warm weather training.

• Advertisement

They should try and squeeze in a friendly against a pro team when there.

Who is bringing the golf clubs?

My idea. He must read this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

At Melwood last week, while Klopp was continuing to take responsibility for Liverpool’s 2017 slump, the captain, Jordan Henderson, called a team meeting without the manager’s knowledge. The anaemic display at Hull City was the signal for some home truths, with Champions League qualification in danger of joining the Premier League title, the FA Cup and the EFL Cup on Liverpool’s list of unfulfilled targets. The release of anger and return to form that shattered Spurs’ 11-game unbeaten run reflected an acceptance within the dressing room that blame did not rest with Klopp alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/12/adam-lallana-liverpool-tottenham-klopp

I see the Graun are also leading with Aguero exit talk, pity he is so sneaky and a bit injury prone. I'd take him over Sanchez ;)

I see the Graun are also leading with Aguero exit talk, pity he is so sneaky and a bit injury prone. I'd take him over Sanchez ;)

Well worth a cheeky bid for him alright, unreal player and would suit us quite well I think. Man City would be nuts to sell him to us though.

Zero chance of Aguero signing..... slightly more chance of Sanchez signing but that's still approaching zero chance.

I thought only young lads caught Harry's eye.

Augeo wrote: »
    Zero chance of Aguero signing..... slightly more chance of Sanchez signing but that's still approaching zero chance.

I thought only young lads caught Harry's eye.

What we have a better chance of is seizing upon the transfer shuffle that comes from players like that moving. Like, if Madrid move for Aguero, we should then be moving big for Benzema, especially at the rumored price of 30ish million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah Madrid are due to kick out a top player, they got rid of Ozil and Di Maria for next to no reason, we might as well get in line for whoever's next.

• Advertisement

Can't really see benzema wanting to sprint to chase down folk for 90 mins for us :(

Arsenal be an option for him alright, or Chelsea to replace Costa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement