Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

All this talk about Man Utd being the 1st to reach 2000 points, just a pity football started long before 1992 here is the real all time table

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-TimeTopFlightPointsTable1888-89to2010-11.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

All this talk about Man Utd being the 1st to reach 2000 points, just a pity football started long before 1992 here is the real all time table

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/All-TimeTopFlightPointsTable1888-89to2010-11.html

That's the real quiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Considering games played that table makes United out to be awesome tbh. :D

Over 300 games less played than the other top five and quite a few records. :pac:

Least home games lost
    Least home goals conceded
    Least away games lost
    Least away goals conceded

We are not 6th in it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Glossop North end? ;pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Was a class free kick from Robbie Brady last night......I wouldn't have been unhappy to see him to come to Anfield and have a go at LB.

Good time to be playing Leicester hopefully.....FA Cup weekend is even worse than international weekend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was a class free kick from Robbie Brady last night...... I wouldn't have been unhappy to see him to come to Anfield and have a go at LB.

Good time to be playing Leicester hopefully.....FA Cup weekend is even worse than international weekend though.

You're in luck, we play Burnley in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Augeo wrote: »
    I thought only young lads caught Harry's eye.

And not one Kenneth Williams jpeg yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Yup DiMaria, flavour of the month, didn't he play in a few world and Copa America finals along with a few champions league finals...., DePay player of the year and 2 good seasons behind him, by your logic Liverpool shouldn't have signed Suarez

No my logic is that depay and dimaria floped in the premier league for a team that should suit them (a team that uses wingers)

If we bought a player for 60 odd million and they didn't live up to expectations then we wouldn't be able to afford to write them off and just replace them like United can.

I have a feeling that despite what has been said in public, that our spending this season was affected by paying for the expansion.

We are not financially competitive with arsenal united Chelsea or City. The rest we should be easily able to compete with but the latter 4 just have a lot more money so we need to be clever about our signings. I expect us to sign under rated players for average prices rather than player if the year contenders for world record prices.

Players like chamberlin rather than Sanchez for example. I'm not saying I like it but I do expect it. Klopp prefers players that can and want to get better over players who are the best with nothing to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Good result. Can't believe how open Spurs were... They were all over the place defensively.

We've been here before tho and this has to be followed up with another win... The Arsenal game is huge now - actually all fixtures where top 6 teams meet each other are huge...

Credit to Mignolet for a big stop when 2-0 up and Spurs were piling on pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Our record against the top half of the table:

P12 - W7 D5 L0 - 2.16ppg

Our record against the bottom half of the table:

P13 - W7 D2 L4 - 1.77ppg

Heartbreakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Umaro wrote: »
    Our record against the top half of the table:

P12 - W7 D5 L0 - 2.16ppg

Our record against the bottom half of the table:

P13 - W7 D2 L4 - 1.77ppg

Heartbreakers.

leicester city
    burnley
    bournemouth
    crystal palace
    watford
    southampton
    middlesbrough
    7 at 1.77 so 12.4

arsenal
    man city
    everton
    stoke
    west brom
    west ham
    6 at 2.16 so 13

so 74 points,no champions league with that i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Vanolder wrote: »
    Good result. Can't believe how open Spurs were... They were all over the place defensively.

We've been here before tho and this has to be followed up with another win... The Arsenal game is huge now - actually all fixtures where top 6 teams meet each other are huge...

Credit to Mignolet for a big stop when 2-0 up and Spurs were piling on pressure.

I was almost sure that they were gonna score, we were torn apart for that chance.

Credit to Mignolet for that save.

sword1 wrote: »

so 74 points,no champions league with that i think

Not unreasonable to hope for more though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

leicester city
    burnley
    bournemouth
    crystal palace
    watford
    southampton
    middlesbrough
    7 at 1.77 so 12.4

Leicester City are completely bamboozled now everyone knows how to play them, Burnley have 1 point away from Turf Moor, Bournemouth have no defence as will be seen tonight, Palace likewise, Watford are decent but unreliable, Soton will be a draw, Boro one win away. - 19 points! :p

Leicester City are completely bamboozled now everyone knows how to play them, Burnley have 1 point away from Turf Moor, Bournemouth have no defence as will be seen tonight, Palace likewise, Watford are decent but unreliable, Soton will be a draw, Boro one win away. - 19 points! :p

That's some home record for Burnley, hopefully with few games and reasonably fit squad we can kick on, second still a possibility but counting points from so called easier games is our downfall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bournemouth the real winners, only 61 top flight games in total and look at them go. For a club that was forced into administration and dealt a 10pt deduction not so long ago they're going ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Would throw in a sneaky bid for Jamie vardy in the summer
    Would really suit our style of play can finish and most importantly has blistering pace
    If Leicester went down mightn't cost too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would throw in a sneaky bid for Jamie vardy in the summer
    Would really suit our style of play can finish and most importantly has blistering pace
    If Leicester went down mightn't cost too much

He was only good for Leicester when they could play on the counter last year. I don't think he'd get many opportunities to use his pace with teams constantly sitting deep against us (apart from the top 6).

If I had to take someone it'd be Mahrez as at least he could maybe unlock some packed defences.

If City win tonight the gap is down to 8pts, and considering City have to play Chelsea I'd say race is very much alive. Will Chelsea win away to United, Everton, Stoke, West Ham, West Brom, Bournemouth , they all have great home records bar West Ham.
    I just hope we can put 5 wins together and see where it takes us. After we play Leicester 7 of our last 12 are at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vardy is 30 and have you seen the chances he missed this season he isn't a natural goal scorer I'd rather keep England best striker.

Last season was a fluke season for him goal scoring wise and most of that team in general he has now dropped back to his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Would be some title race If Chelsea weren't doing so well
    2 points between 2nd and 6th it would be epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's also a monumental gobshite. No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Knex. wrote: »

This is pertinent. With Moreno in the squad we already have our quota of gobsh1te positions filled.

If City win tonight the gap is down to 8pts, and considering City have to play Chelsea I'd say race is very much alive. Will Chelsea win away to United, Everton, Stoke, West Ham, West Brom, Bournemouth , they all have great home records bar West Ham.
    I just hope we can put 5 wins together and see where it takes us. After we play Leicester 7 of our last 12 are at home.

Whether city win or not our gap to Chelsea is 11points and 10 goal difference so really 12 points, we are not going to make up 12 points on Chelsea with a fully fit squad and no European games

garra wrote: »
    This is pertinent. With Moreno in the squad we already have our quota of gobsh1te positions filled.

At least Moreno keep the boys from Brazil happy as there mascot.

If we could throw money at Torino and Belotti, and somehow convince him to join, I'd be delighted. Scored another brace at the weekend.

I can see him wanting to stay in Italy though, plus there's also our own terrible Italian purchasing record.

Edit: Gave it a quick google to get an overview of the transfer rumours for him, and its all 100m, Real Madrid/Bayern type talk. That's that then.

Feck it, just get Brandt and keep Firmino as the striker and I'd still be delighted. Although I do wonder how much those rumours are just papers thinking, "Young German player + Klopp" and talking out their ass.

If we could throw money at Torino and Belotti, and somehow convince him to join, I'd be delighted. Scored another brace at the weekend.

I can see him wanting to stay in Italy though, plus there's also our own terrible Italian purchasing record.

If we were going to sign a striker from the Italian league I'd love us to sign Icardi although he is also a monumental gobshite off the pitch as well but he has that edge to him that I like and he is that in the box striker we are missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we were going to sign a striker from the Italian league I'd love us to sign Icardi although he is also a monumental gobshite off the pitch as well but he has that edge to him that I like and he is that in the box striker we are missing.

Is Icardi the Inter captain that the Ultras want to kill?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whether city win or not our gap to Chelsea is 11points and 10 goal difference so really 12 points, we are not going to make up 12 points on Chelsea with a fully fit squad and no European games

If we made up 11 points on them, chances are we'd make up 10 go too. We won't make up 11 points on them, but just wanted to say that the gd isn't worth an extra point to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

My super scouting sources tell me that Liverpool should buy Kylian Mbappe from Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Mignolet came and collected, and made another important save that he seems to make in every match. Lucas and matip had kane in their pocket. Midfield so much better with Winj in there instead of can. Players buzzing around like blur @rsed flies again. Mane with two goals. I'm getting flashbacks to November..its all good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was very impressed by the pressing:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

At least Moreno keep the boys from Brazil happy as there mascot.

I was driving to work this morning randomly thinking about him being all fun and games with the sevilla lads at half time in the final.

I think we have enough gob****es in the team already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I like Domenico Berardi but he's just back after a long injury so not sure if he'll get the sharpness back.

I think we'll all agree that the most sensible thing to do this summer is to buy Italian players. What could go wrong?

• Advertisement

Sturridge 25m
    Lucas 10m
    Moreno 15m
    Mignolet 15m
    Stewart 12m (buy back clause)

With this 77m to be taking in, will we still fail to replace Suarez and buy a Keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is Icardi the Inter captain that the Ultras want to kill?

Even if he isn't, it's plausible. A bit of a helmet.

Sturridge 25m
    Lucas 10m
    Moreno 15m
    Mignolet 15m
    Stewart 12m (buy back clause)

With this 77m to be taking in, will we still fail to replace Suarez and buy a Keeper.

I'm Lucas biggest fan but no way are we getting €10m for him.

Or 12m for Kevin Stewart.

Or even 15m for Mignolet.

You might get €10m for Moreno.

Sturridge would be there or thereabouts though.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I was driving to work this morning randomly thinking about him being all fun and games with the sevilla lads at half time in the final.

I think we have enough gob****es in the team already.

ROAD RAGE

Remember when we got 15m for Ibe?

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

On the goal difference not that its going to come down to it but if we did close the gap on Chelsea that would be between 4 and 6 games when there gd would stay the same because of draws or get worse because of defeats and for us between 4 and 6 games when our gd would be getting better because of wins. Chances are if you make up 11pts on a team you will close a gd gap of 10 easily enough.

Lucas is young. Not as if he is 36
    He's worth 10m all day long. He's cheap at that .

Lucas is young. Not as if he is 36
    He's worth 10m all day long. He's cheap at that .

Ah come on, as I said, I'm his biggest fan but no way are we getting that for him. He's almost 30 now and most likely to go to Italy; so at a push we'll get a packet of skittles and 4 cans of Karpackie if were lucky.

Also, Ibe was young, british and also had a good few first team appearances which goes some way to explaining how we got €15m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm sure it's been covered but f*ck off Jamie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lucas is out of contract in the summer so we wont get a fee.

Lucas deserves to be let go on a free for his decade of service.

I hope he can get himself a huge signing on fee where ever goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lucas deserves to be let go on a free for his decade of service.

I hope he can get himself a huge signing on fee where ever goes.

Would you stop!

He's a multi millionaire for feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been covered but f*ck off Jamie.

You should be happy he gave yous a mention.

@fizzer18 The other chuckle brother started all this.
    — Jamie Carragher (@Carra23) February 12, 2017 ">

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Obsessed.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Obsessed.

Boss.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement