Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

It's all in the charter chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

League points since Fergie retired just to lighten the mood after the past few pages

It seems they are destined for 6th :pac:

Pretty amazing to see how close Arsenal are points wise to City and Chelsea in that despite never once looking like they would win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If yer gonna get a card, go in hard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, if ye have a problem with cards, contact a mod or start a feedback topic. But its backseat moderation now, and it's off topic, so back to discussing football please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

12 days until the game against Leicester...

I'm sure it won't be one bit like the Raft of the Medusa here by then...

12 days for Leicester to find their form just before we play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭mormank

Grayditch wrote: »
    12 days for Leicester to find their form just before we play them.

12 days for us to find our form before we play them! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

On the Twelve day wait for the next pool game
    My Boardsies gave to me
    A mill up with fans of Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

as good a time as any for a suspension, i wonder was it a deliberate foul to get a ban outa the way,like a booking in the 2nd last match in a group stage you have already qualified from so you could sit out the next game.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Reading back on the massacre from last night, for a sec i thought we must be playing Chelsea or something. What a random attack. And what a terrific proposal to have that ref gif as a yellow card warning! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lovren left behind and didn't travel with the rest of the squad to Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bad news for Harry, Cameron Brannigan is expected to move to a Championship team this summer, according to James Pearce in TIA.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/02/cameron-brannagan-likely-leave-liverpool-permanent-deal-summer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Liverpool fan got Gary Neville's number the night of the 2007 CL Final

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/831872823710871553

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Knex. wrote: »
    Yellow cards in the soccer forum should be distributed through use of football gifs.

bad-call-by-ref-in-croatia-brazil-game.gif

More innovative than the new responsive layout, anyway.

Let them try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

monkey9 wrote: »
    Reading back on the massacre from last night, for a sec i thought we must be playing Chelsea or something. What a random attack. And what a terrific proposal to have that ref gif as a yellow card warning! :pac:

This is the first post I've read today.

Then goes back to have a read through the earlier pages and I got to add some thanks to some very witty posts.

*Part in bold would be a wonderful addition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bad news for Harry, Cameron Brannigan is expected to move to a Championship team this summer, according to James Pearce in TIA.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/02/cameron-brannagan-likely-leave-liverpool-permanent-deal-summer/

Saw that earlier, I guessed when he was sent off on loan to Fleetwood that was that - Ejaria clearly has been moved ahead of him in the pecking order. Cam-Bran will make a solid CM for someone.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Liverpool fan got Gary Neville's number the night of the 2007 CL Final

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/831872823710871553

Great story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Any use in Liverpool going for Douglas Costa? Seems just the player we need to play on the other wing and I can see Bayern going in for someone better in the summer.

I look forward to having our arses handed to us in the CL next season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is there anyone in the Arsenal side you'd take? If Wenger does go this summer, there could be a big clear-out but Sanchez aside (who probably isn't a realistic target) I can't think of anyone I'd want.

• Advertisement

Is there anyone in the Arsenal side you'd take? If Wenger does go this summer, there could be a big clear-out but Sanchez aside (who probably isn't a realistic target) I can't think of anyone I'd want.

Koscielny, Cazorla, not many else.

Combined XI?

Sanchez for sure, big fan of his. He's wasted at that club though.

Ozil would be great for the small teams.

Benitez being linked with a move there I heard.

I look forward to having our arses handed to us in the CL next season!!

I wouldn't look forward to it too much if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Probably have Bellerin, Koscielny, Ozil, Sanchez, how many of our squad would they have? None probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd certainly have Oxlade-Chamberlain too to be honest.

With possibly only 1 more CL game to play arsenal will be very focussed on attaining their usual top4 slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wow. Is it time Wenger takes a walk?

It's a pity Corzola is crocked so often, him and Coutinho would be sexy football.

The lack of spirit is a mark against many of them

Probably have Bellerin, Koscielny, Ozil, Sanchez, how many of our squad would they have? None probably.

I assume you are making a bad joke?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wow. Is it time Wenger takes a walk?

You mean do his best Ozil impression?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I wouldn't look forward to it too much if I were you.

Loser! ;)

I would love Sanchez. Massive fan of his. Not bothered by the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I assume you are making a bad joke?

Your assumption would be wrong, I'd probably have Ospina or Cech either too, but anyway why do you think I'm joking, hardly a big stretch to suggest those I named would make our team?

Wenger tried to make a sharp exit and was blocked by security, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wenger himself?! *ducks8

Cech, but then I;d take most teams goalkeepers at this stage.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Your assumption would be wrong, I'd probably have Ospina or Cech either too, but anyway why do you think I'm joking, hardly a big stretch to suggest those I named would make our team?

I meant the part where they wouldnt take/ want any of our players. That was the joke bit I thought?

Didi looks like he's been out with Dunphy for the last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Kos, bellerin and Sanchez the only three I take. I'd stay well clear of ox. Another walcott. Not good enough.

I'd take Cech.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What are ye all at in here chatting when there's Arsenal Fan TV to be watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wonder actually if there's a move to be made for Muller... not as much of a lynchpin as he's been in the past, off form, not scoring goals, still only 27. If ever there's a chance to get him it's now.

Obviously a long shot, but would be a bloody great addition. Another one where the Klopp factor might give us a slight edge over better teams. Would be unreal in our front three, or in the Gini/Lallana creative midfield role.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That arsenal result is bad for us we play them at home 3 days before the 2nd leg. I'd much prefer if they had something to play for going into the 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

That arsenal result is bad for us we play them at home 3 days before the 2nd leg. I'd much prefer if they had something to play for going into the 2nd leg.

Judging by tonight...we have nothing to worry about

im sure one of our fallin comrades is smoking a cigar right about now

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I wonder actually if there's a move to be made for Muller... not as much of a lynchpin as he's been in the past, off form, not scoring goals, still only 27. If ever there's a chance to get him it's now.

Obviously a long shot, but would be a bloody great addition. Another one where the Klopp factor might give us a slight edge over better teams. Would be unreal in our front three, or in the Gini/Lallana creative midfield role.

id love him at lfc,a fighter who gives everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Might be in the minority here but I feel for Wenger. Was a fantastic manager but badly outstayed his welcome. Probably his greatest failing was not winning the title last year.

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Very long shot. They'd still want north of 60m for him I'd say, even out of favour. The likes of Utd would willingly pay that if they can't get Griezemann or similar, I can't see us coming close to paying that, plus the significant wages of 200k+ also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Very long shot. They'd still want north of 60m for him I'd say, even out of favour. The likes of Utd would willingly pay that if they can't get Griezemann or similar, I can't see us coming close to paying that, plus the significant wages of 200k+ also.

I could see them signing him just to sell shit tonnes of United branded yoghurt and bring him on occasionally to take corners. Muller corners of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'm stunned that Muller is only 27. Feels like he's been around for a long time.

Umaro wrote: »
    I'm stunned that Muller is only 27. Feels like he's been around for a long time.

Imagine how his parents feel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement