Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I meant the part where they wouldnt take/ want any of our players. That was the joke bit I thought?

I can imagine they'd love Klopp alright, as far as our players maybe Mane....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bet we could sell Sturridge to Wenger so lets hope he signs that new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Muller was starting in the CL when he was 18 or 19, so he's been knocking around for a good few years alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That training camp list in full

The travelling squad in full is: Jordan Henderson, Sheyi Ojo, James Milner, Sadio Mane, Kevin Stewart, Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alex Manninger, Adam Lallana, Ragnar Klavan, Divock Origi, Conor Masterson, Simon Mignolet, Georginio Wijnaldum, Alberto Moreno, Nathaniel Clyne, Harry Wilson, Emre Can, Connor Randall, Joe Gomez, Lucas Leiva, Yan Dhanda, Ben Woodburn, Loris Karius, Roberto Firmino.

Lovren, Ings, Bogdan, Ejaria and Grujic have stayed at Melwood to continue rehab after injuries.

8 players who are 20 or younger, though surprised Conor Randall is there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

And Robben been around forever, Chelsea clearly did the right thing getting rid.
    Still remember him getting Reina sent off as I watched a very crappy stream lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »
    Might be in the minority here but I feel for Wenger. Was a fantastic manager but badly outstayed his welcome. Probably his greatest failing was not winning the title last year.

Just just funny how much higher the bar is set for Arsenal.

Even our best manager of the past 20 years failed to get us in the top four twice in 5/6 years.

Wenger has never failed to do that or get out of the group.

Disregarding the rights and wrongs of it, we sacked Rafa for a fook lot more comparatively speaking and ppl still wish he'd stayed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That training camp list in full

The travelling squad in full is: Jordan Henderson, Sheyi Ojo, James Milner, Sadio Mane, Kevin Stewart, Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alex Manninger, Adam Lallana, Ragnar Klavan, Divock Origi, Conor Masterson, Simon Mignolet, Georginio Wijnaldum, Alberto Moreno, Nathaniel Clyne, Harry Wilson, Emre Can, Connor Randall, Joe Gomez, Lucas Leiva, Yan Dhanda, Ben Woodburn, Loris Karius, Roberto Firmino.

Lovren, Ings, Bogdan, Ejaria and Grujic have stayed at Melwood to continue rehab after injuries.

8 players who are 20 or younger, though surprised Conor Randall is there

Great to see Conor Masterson amongst the elite young prospects brought along.

noodler wrote: »

Even our best manager of the past 20 years failed to get us in the top four twice in 5/6 years.

Disregarding the rights and wrongs of it, we sacked Rafa for a fook lot more comparatively speaking and ppl still wish he'd stayed on.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Wenger rightly gets in in the neck as the side he manages (curates) has been treading water for over a decade - at some point a club with the 7th or 8th largest turnover in the world has to say "enough - we should be better than this" (and yet they seem happy with just being 'good enough' for the CL). Crashing out in the first KO round of the CL every year is unacceptable for such a manager - or should be.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Great to see Conor Masterson amongst the elite young prospects brought along.

Him and Dhanda are the slight outliers there. Good to see some of those lads along though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

noodler wrote: »

Yeah yeah, it's all relative tho. Arsenal fans are sick of the cycle of not competing for anything every year. They want to break that cycle and win something of note and feel Wenger is not the man for that. I'd have to agree at this stage. It's basically the same reason Stoke got rid of Pulis for example. Plenty of other teams fans would kill to have Premier League stability like they had at the time but their fans and owner it seems wanted more and didn't feel Pulis was the man for that.
    Right now, sure we would love to be guaranteed top 4 each year like Arsenal have been but i guarantee you if we went out at the last 16 stage so badly each year we would get tired of that cycle really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I can imagine they'd love Klopp alright, as far as our players maybe Mane....

lol.

Arsenal would take Origi, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Matip, Milner, Clyne and probably Moreno and Lovren too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

lol.

Arsenal would take Origi, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Matip, Milner, Clyne and probably Moreno and Lovren too.

I think you're getting a wee bit carried away, they'd take all our team and yet they're ahead of us in the league as nearly always! You're way overrating alot of our players tbh, I presume the Lovren, Moreno ones were at least you having a bit of a laugh. Anyway I'm done we will agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Umaro wrote: »
    I'm stunned that Muller is only 27. Feels like he's been around for a long time.

sure Robben is ageless and he's been around forever, hasn't aged a day , as in he's looked as old as a young Benjamin Button since his halcyon day at Chelsea.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    sure Robben is ageless and he's been around forever, hasn't aged a day , as in he's looked as old as a young Benjamin Button since his halcyon day at Chelsea.

Him and Ribery were unreal. Both with amazing longevity and consistency. Proper wingers.

Richard Sadlier made me laugh earlier though RE: Robben:

If you have even a passing interest in football and have even heard of Arjen Robben, you know he wants to cut in and shoot with his left."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Him and Ribery were unreal. Both with amazing longevity and consistency. Proper wingers.

Richard Sadlier made me laugh earlier though RE: Robben:

If you have even a passing interest in football and have even heard of Arjen Robben, you know he wants to cut in and shoot with his left."

And when a goalscorer in the third place playoff of the UEFA European Under 18 Championship says that, you bloody listen!

martyos121 wrote: »
    And when a goalscorer in the third place playoff of the UEFA European Under 18 Championship says that, you bloody listen!

Eh... He's right though. Robben does it evrytime.
    Doesnt mean you can always stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Eh... He's right though. Robben does it evrytime.
    Doesnt mean you can always stop it.

Course he's right, doesn't mean I can't have a laugh about it though. He's not exactly phenomenal at what he does, even though he's probably the best of the RTE bunch, which is quite sad.

lol.

And do what with them? Who would those 10+ players displace from the arsenal squad? I presume you aren't on about first 11s.

Name the players BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Combined 11's? Who cares who gets into a different team?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Combined 11's? Who cares who gets into a different team?

I seriously doubt he's saying the 10+ players he named would get into Arsenals team.

Regarding who cares............ indeed. I'd like to see his rational though that accepted for the lols purely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Our team works better collectively than individuals so I find the combied 11's argument rather dull. Arsenal have some excellent individuals, they should have done everything in their power to get Klopp, he'd probably turn them into a fantastic team.

I look at that Arsenal squad and they look like a squad Klopp would bring to another level. So many would work in his system. I like Wenger but when Klopp became available they should have thrown everything they could at him to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

lol.

Jesus, even I don't want Lovren and Moreno. I don't think many would be fighting us for Milner (at LB) or a raw yougnster like Oirigi either.

Can wouldn't get in the Arsenal team either imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We all know how this will go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Apoligies if this was posted here already, got tagged in it this morning by a pool fan.

Think both sets of supporters can appreciate it

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Ya, posted yesterday, great story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

As a Liverpool fan I hope Wenger stays there for many, many more years. The modern game to a certain extent has passed him by and they are not going to win a major trophy anytime soon with him in charge.

Now Arsenal with a manager like Diego Simone or Emery at the helm... well that's a frightening prospect. They have it all set up for success down there. The money, no debt, the fanbase, the stadium and of course the London factor to attract the star names.

And with Russian Oligarch, Umanov, worth close to double what Abramovich is trying to take over, the future is looking pretty good for them regardless of how this season is panning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

And with Russian Oligarch, Umanov, worth close to double what Abramovich is trying to take over, the future is looking pretty good for them regardless of how this season is panning out.

What's scary about that though is id wager he will end up at Everton before too long. He won't get control of Arsenal with Kroenke there. He already has interests with Everton with the training ground etc. So it could be Everton that will be benefitting from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

What's scary about that though is id wager he will end up at Everton before too long. He won't get control of Arsenal with Kroenke there. He already has interests with Everton with the training ground etc. So it could be Everton that will be benefitting from that.

Awh Jaysus. That's not a good thought. Never knew he was connected to Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Wenger rightly gets in in the neck as the side he manages (curates) has been treading water for over a decade - at some point a club with the 7th or 8th largest turnover in the world has to say "enough - we should be better than this" (and yet they seem happy with just being 'good enough' for the CL). Crashing out in the first KO round of the CL every year is unacceptable for such a manager - or should be.

They need to get out of their managerial comfort zone . Changing manager will bring volatility to be sure but it will also bring success if they are the big club they think they are. Look at the amount of managers Chelsea get through, yet when they aren't missing out on the CL places entirely they are winning leagues at a canter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Are we playing any friendlies while in Spain does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Friendly round of golf maybe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Fukin arctic rocky balboa training they should be at

FitzShane wrote: »
    Are we playing any friendlies while in Spain does anyone know?

Not heard of a game but they would be foolish not to arrange one even if it's against secunda opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I would be more than happy for Wenger to stay at Arsenal as well. For years, he has managed a side that has the hallmarks of mental fragility. Given Wenger's age and how stuck he is in his ways, that fragility will never go away as long as he's at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge missed the double training session today after being assessed by medical staff it was decided best if he stayed in the hotel.

They hope he will train later in the trip.

You didn't mention it's due to a virus.

Fingers crossed Spurs and Utd can get through a few more rounds of the Europa

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Fingers crossed Spurs and Utd can get through a few more rounds of the Europa

Well done you :mad:

Well done you :mad:

I mean, I hope they both lose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Clattenburg gone to the Arabs.€€€€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The world has gone mad.

Mike Deane is far more entertaining.

I'll start the match thread for the game tomorrow between 2nd place Al-Ahli and 3rd place Al-Nassr for a few grand.

Fantastic Friday Football. Lets go, Arabio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

Knex. wrote: »
    I'll start a Saudi Arabia league match thread for a few grand.

Oh that will go down a bomb :)

Damien360 wrote: »
    Oh that will go down a bomb :)

Al-Ahli's explosive forward, Omar Al Somah, a Syrian native who leads the league in goal scoring, would probably lead to a few controversial comments, no doubt.

If we're looking for a speedy centre forward to get in behind and score goals, it really should be Lacazette. He's about the only one out there that's not already at a big club, still young and improving, but already bangs in lots of goals, and falls into the 'unproven at the highest level' bracket.

If, on the other hand we're looking for someone to work very hard, shut own defenders, and still take their chances, i'd love Cavani.

No games and no transfer talk make LFC thread something something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So, Moneyball, was it a disaster or did it succeed in helping us bag Klopp as manager and will bear fruits in the next few years?

Define fruits.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Define fruits.

Fruits is not putting tomato in a wisdom salad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement