Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If we both do reach the final, over at the United thread they should formally announce in advance whether they want to win it or not, just to clear things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gbear wrote: »
    Would've fancied Utd over the two legs far more.

I actually agree with that. Mourinho can park the bus at Anfield like he usually does, but we can catch them out at Old Trafford.

But him parking the bus in a one off a game at Wembley can lead to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Klopp gets Liverpool to there 3rd semi final in just over a year as manager and 2nd place in a year so far this season not bad at all for a guy who would never want to manage Liverpool.

What's he won though? A club like Liverpool should be winning things not crowing about 2nd places, amirite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

martyos121 wrote: »
    If we both do reach the final, over at the United thread they should formally announce in advance whether they want to win it or not, just to clear things up.

Same should be said for both teams^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm getting confused. Loads of talk about semis and then talk about United.

Which is it, lads, getting hard or not, ffs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Which is it, lads, getting hard or not, ffs?

Need to be 100% for that type of thing.

Same should be said for both teams^

Luckily for you, you missed the joyous visitation of Rayne last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Happy with that draw we play utd and Chelsea directly after the two legs far more important games in my book. I'd like klopp to keep mixing up the team as he is, rather than feel like he has to play a stronger team as its against utd. If we get to the final he will play a strong team then and rightly so .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Happy with that draw we play utd and Chelsea directly after the two legs far more important games in my book. I'd like klopp to keep mixing up the team as he is, rather than feel like he has to play a stronger team as its against utd. If we get to the final he will play a strong team then and rightly so .

I'd love to win the Cup but like you said with United and Chelsea right after both legs and the injuries we have at the minute the league has to be the priority.

If everyone recovers and and we come through the Christmas period without anymore injuries then I'd hope we give it everything and try win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If us and Utd make the final I'll be spending it behind the couch.

It could be their moral victory , to beat us, but for us to win league. They will milk that they beat the Champions, so that in their owns minds they can still tell themselves that they are superior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It could be their moral victory , to beat us, but for us to win league. They will milk that they beat the Champions, so that in their owns minds they can still tell themselves that they are superior.

I like the way your mind works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Hull manager won a Premier League medal with Man U, so it's a great tie for him. Not a lot of people know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

If us and Utd make the final I'll be spending it behind the couch.

1. You won't win the league

2. You have won 1 cup in 10 years which was the carling cup.

Take the blinkers off

You are milking it being in second place.

You should do a Rogers and write a book about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Polo_Mint wrote: »

Take the blinkers off

Salty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

At least we've a shot..

Take the blinkers off

What did I say?

What is a "Rogers"?

What is a "Rogers"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Know when to walk away...

Choooonn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jesus, lads. Something must be right if we have people coming in here from other threads all rattled.

Where'd those Leeds fans go? Some of them were good craic!

Roll on Southampton - wish we had gotten United just for the fun of playing them three times in a fortnight but sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Roll on Southampton - wish we had gotten United just for the fun of playing them three times in a fortnight but sure...

Imagine the bannings if we won all three, they'd even find a way to fabricate some for Harry and 5starpool.

Great post up above, warms the insides on a cold day.

Lemon gif Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Imagine the bannings if we won all three, they'd even find a way to fabricate some for Harry and 5starpool.

Great post up above, warms the insides on a cold day.

Lemon gif Lol.

giphy.gif

you said Lemmy gif right :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Lallana back in full training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Imagine the bannings if we won all three, they'd even find a way to fabricate some for Harry and 5starpool

"Well, I for one am quite pleased with..."

O3DHIA5.gif

200w.gif

Good news Lallana and Firmino back training and could be ready for the weekend I'm guessing Daniel still doesn't feel 100% yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Which one will it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I assume you mean Brendan Rodgers, but when did he write a book about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

NukaCola wrote: »
    I assume you mean Brendan Rodgers, but when did he write a book about it?

There was some reporter who wrote a book called "We dared to dream" or some nonsense like that.

Perhaps the poster means him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

brevity wrote: »
    There was some reporter who wrote a book called "We dared to dream" or some nonsense like that.

Perhaps the poster means him.

Yea Paul Thomkins wrote it. I suppose facts dont matter to some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

NukaCola wrote: »
    Yea Paul Thomkins wrote it. I suppose facts dont matter to some people.

We live in a post-truth age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

hefferboi wrote: »
    Salty "Choclate Ball" suck on em!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sardar Azmoun admits he would be open to a move to Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/804286946537328640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sardar Azmoun admits he would be open to a move to Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/804286946537328640

Is that the Messi who isn't Messi, and also isn't Joe Cole Messi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    Is that the Messi who isn't Messi, and also isn't Joe Cole Messi?

Something, something golf ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone see that advert for Bet Victor? :( (I bet he only did it cos he has to! :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Anyone see that advert for Bet Victor? :( (I bet he only did it cos he has to! :pac:)

"Statistically the minutes in which most goals are scored are the 44th and 88th minutes, etc blah blah.."

It's funnier when you recall Klopp answering an interviewer's question about Liverpool's odds dropping for winning PL. He replied he didn't even understand betting odds and had to ask for an interpretation of the odds change, ie meaning LFC are joint favorites etc. I don't think he bothered listening to the response as he saw someone needing a hug elsewhere.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,680 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Which one will it be?
    Any more of this crap and it will be you

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in thread

West Ham the next team interested in Daniel.

It seems Klopp won't let anyone from the squad go in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

West Ham the next team interested in Daniel.

It seems Klopp won't let anyone from the squad go in January.

Squad is a bit thin as it is, I wouldn't like to see anyone go in January.

Not even Moreno and especially not Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sturridge still got a few years left on his contract so i'd hope it'll be a good chunk of money for him. He'd be excellent in a West Ham or Southampton team.

Lucas still has another year left on his, I'd love to see him go to that Brazilian team on loan for his final year to help them rebuild with Liverpool paying all his wages. Assuming he's interested in doing that of course, I think it'd be a nice gesture of the club and he'd be a great leader for a team in that situation.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    ........... I wouldn't like to see anyone go in January.

I reckon Sakho will be going.
    8-10 wrote: »

Lucas still has another year left on his..............

I think his contract is up at the end of this season.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/meet-the-brain-klopps-lieutenant-who-has-key-role-in-anfield-revolution-rhtnd2cvb?t=ie

Meet ‘The Brain’ – Klopp’s lieutenant who has key role in Anfield revolution
    Liverpool’s inspirational manager could not do without the guidance of Zeljko Buvac, says Paul Joyce

Paul Joyce
    December 2 2016, 12:01am,
    The Times

Behind the beaming smile for the cameras and the witty one-liners churned out for the assembled media, Jürgen Klopp cut an altogether different figure backstage. Anxious, tetchy and, for the first time in almost 15-years, feeling exposed.

Klopp roamed the training facility at Melwood after that press conference in which he was announced as Liverpool manager looking a little distracted, inquiring on an almost hourly basis about the whereabouts of one man in particular.

Then, five days later, Zeljko Buvac walked into the training ground and in an instant the mood changed. In the 13 months since, Klopp’s spirit has never wavered.

The process of obtaining a work permit had delayed the Bosnian Serb’s entrance, but he eventually arrived on Merseyside in style in a private jet that was chartered on the insistence of the man who gave him the nickname, “The Brain”.

Klopp’s reasoning was simple. If they could not arrive together, then they would at least arrive the same way.

The story serves to underline all of the facets that lie at the heart of the relationship between Klopp and his trusted lieutenant, his assistant manager who is playing an understated but crucial role in the club’s renaissance. Those tenets are loyalty, trust and reverence.

Theirs is a bond — professional more than social — that was forged as team-mates at Mainz where they struck a pact that whoever went into management first would always find a role for the other once their respective playing careers had finished. Klopp’s transition straight from player to coach in 2001 made good the agreement and it feels better that it happened that way round.

Buvac — who was in charge of lower league German club Neukirchen for three years as Klopp, who at 49 is six years his junior, finished his playing career — is happiest when ceding the spotlight, although Liverpool’s players note that he operates above the level of a normal assistant.

Peter Krawietz — known as “The Eyes” — completes the triumvirate which came from Borussia Dortmund in October 2015, but it is Buvac on whom Klopp leans most.

“It is unthinkable that they would do something without each other,” says Colin Bell, an Englishman who began his playing career with Leicester City and was reserve-team coach at Mainz under Klopp.

LIVERPOOL’S NEW BOOT ROOM
    Zeljko Buvac A former team-mate of Jürgen Klopp at Mainz, who has been his assistant since 2001
    Peter Krawietz Chief scout at Mainz, he followed Klopp to Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    John Achterberg Goalkeeping coach who joined Liverpool in 2009, he recently extended his contract
    Pepijn Lijnders Highly rated first-team development coach who has worked at PSV Eindhoven and Porto. Also signed a new deal
    Andreas Kornmayer Recruited from Bayern Munich in the summer as head of fitness and conditioning

“Zeljko reads the game very well, he has great footballing ideas and is always looking at finding new ways on how to play and train.

“When Mainz started to play 4-3-3 it was different to the Dutch way, where you have a central striker and two out-and-out wingers. Zeljko wanted the players to keep moving around, interchanging, coming inside.

“Andriy Voronin [who would later join Liverpool] scored 20 goals for Mainz [in 2002-03] and he was all over the pitch, working really hard from central striker or right wing and left wing and it was so difficult for opponents to stop him and others. I can see those sorts of aspects in the Liverpool style now, especially with the quality of the player they have.

“Closing down, surrounding opponents, going hunting for the ball — that all started in Mainz. That was one of Zeljko’s big things and he did specific training forms for that.”

Liverpool discovered that much on their summer tour to the United States.

It was in Palo Alto, California, that the drills underpinning their eye-catching performances were drummed into them. Liverpool’s secret is their training and central to their training is Buvac.

One drill using mannequins as opponents focused on team shape after attacking raids and, in particular, finding the shortest route back into a position. If that meant Jordan Henderson filling in at right back because Nathaniel Clyne had made a forward run then, as Buvac said: “Why stress? No problem.”

The moniker of “The Brain” has been updated with first-team development coach Pepijn Lijnders referring to Buvac, whose command of English has improved so that he no longer has to drag players into position to get his point across, as “the human computer”.

Klopp does not hide the importance of his assistant. There is no insecurity about building up the role of his No 2 and looking to share the credit among all of the backroom staff.

Before Klopp discussed personal terms on his own contract he insisted, to the surprise of Liverpool’s hierarchy, that deals for Buvac and Krawietz were done first. They come as a team.

It is a sign of the esteem in which he is held that Buvac, a quietly-spoken former midfielder, whose head is usually buried in a laptop when not on the training pitch, is never the butt of Klopp’s frequent jokes.

When Buvac momentarily lost his cool during Liverpool’s feisty 3-0 Europa League semi-final, second leg against Villarreal in May and was told by the Spanish side’s then coach, Marcelino, to pipe down there was an eruption next to him. Klopp flew across his technical area, defending his man and leaving his rival in no doubt that he should not dismiss Buvac again.

“It is not easy to tell two or three anecdotes about Zeljko because he keeps himself to himself in that respect, but that means when he does open his mouth you listen very carefully as a player because you know something good is going to happen,” says Bell, now in charge of Sand, the women’s Bundesliga side.

“It is a good combination and they have been through so much together. They had success at Dortmund, but also they know about when things don’t go well. The strength that they have between them gets them through.

“If they do disagree then it would never be personal. It is with a view to improving the team and they push each other. Zeljko would have his input, as would Peter, and that is important to Kloppo because he wants feedback and the different angle. I would say they bring out each other’s strengths and that makes them strong.”

At Bournemouth on Sunday, Klopp will reprise a ritual before kick-off. He will hug Krawietz before he takes his seat on the bench and then wrap Buvac in a bear hug as well, reassured to have his right-hand man at his side.

The league cup games against Southampton are on Wednesday 11th of January at 7;45pm and Wednesday 25th of January at 8;00pm both legs will be live on Sky.

So many thanks

J1lVN6i.gif

gafferino wrote: »
    “Andriy Voronin scored 20 goals for Mainz and he was all over the pitch, working really hard from central striker or right wing and left wing and it was so difficult for opponents to stop him and others. I can see those sorts of aspects in the Liverpool style now, especially with the quality of the player they have.

We should sign this Voronin character, if we could get him on a free or something that'd be a great deal, seems like he'd suit our system and score for fun

We should sign this Voronin character, if we could get him on a free or something that'd be a great deal, seems like he'd suit our system and score for fun

We need to aim higher. That Moses lad at Chelsea looks solid, he'd win us so many games we could call him Victory Moses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Moses would have to be a free transfer, in fact he'd have to pay to join - he still owes Liverpool 19 goals.

Moses would have to be a free transfer, in fact he'd have to pay to join - he still owes Liverpool 19 goals.

19 own goals over the course of this season would do. Same for Sterling.

martyos121 wrote: »
    We need to aim higher. That Moses lad at Chelsea looks solid, he'd win us so many games we could call him Victory Moses.

There's an Italian lad banging them in for Nice who are top of the French league. Takes a mean penalty apparently, worth a look.

There's an Italian lad banging them in for Nice who are top of the French league. Takes a mean penalty apparently, worth a look.

We have Milner though. A corner taker is what we need and I know just the man...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement