Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    If he was showing no desire to collaborate in training I'm sure he wouldn't be picked by Klopp.

The team as a unit was playing horrible stuff with and without Sturridge in the period you meniton.

Mane was missed, when Sturridge plays he's the problem though in many peoples view.

He is not being picked by Klopp! :confused: Except when he absolutely has no other option. The end is near for Sturridge at Liverpool, I think that much is clear. I'm not blaming him for anything except his own performances and "of late" they have been nowhere near the standards set by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

What are you so bitter about?

Bitter? Nothing, still annoyed we got knocked out of two cups to lesser opposition, I just observed it's well for the lads to be rewarded with a sunshine holiday, like I said it's tough being a PL footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dahoud to Dortmund in the summer seems to be talked about as a done deal this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dahoud to Dortmund in the summer seems to be talked about as a done deal this evening.
    Yeah, I saw that earlier. And onto Munich in a few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Disappointing if that's the case. But a lot of deals are done subject to X,Y,Z.

Stuff like the team qualifying for the champions league. And Dortmund are no more certain of that than we are at the mo so ya never know.

Behind the scenes we've probably got a few deals pending if we get champions league too.

One of the many reasons why top-4 is so crucial these days.

I made a wee comment about this a good while back on here and said it's the cups that cost us top-4 last season and could cost us it again.
    And I got accused of wanting us to "become the new Arsenal"

Not sure who it was who said that to me but I hope he's been reading Klopp's comments over the past couple days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I said I'd put up the Liverpool v Huddersfield Town U23 Premier League Cup when I found one and here it is filmed from just beside the LFC TV comms position!

(what the hell has happened to youtube? It's **** on FF and Opera desktop browsers yet flies on Chrome mobile)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Blasted dortmund, buying up their rivals players....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

klose wrote: »
    Blasted dortmund, buying up their rivals players....

They probably don't need him. They're just still pissed about that semi-final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No Liverpool game this weekend :(

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    No Liverpool game this weekend :(

There weren't enough of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-talks-over-new-12622616

Klopp confirms that we're in talks behind the scenes about summer signings. Nothing major in it and you'd expect that work to be ongoing anyway.
    There won't be wholesale changes this summer but Klopp believes a number of top class additions will help take Liverpool to the next level.

“We are in talks with different people - players, agents, all that stuff,” Klopp told the ECHO in an exclusive interview at the club's La Manga training base.

“Not a lot of decisions have been already made at this point. Why should they at this stage?

“But we are on the way. At the end I'm sure we will have a really good squad.

“We already have a good squad and a few more good players will make it even better. There's a good base.”

Echo sticking with Julian Brandt as one of our primary targets, though. Not sure if I have seen him play - I don't catch a lot of German football - any use?

Also suggests there won't be as many outgoings - no surprise. If we keep selling 13 players a summer, we'll struggle to field a first eleven...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Also suggests there won't be as many outgoings - no surprise. If we keep selling 13 players a summer, we'll struggle to field a first eleven...

Most of them will be youngsters who don't play.

The only players we're likely to lose who actually played this season are Lucas and Sturridge, and most wouldn't miss them (at least on the pitch - everyone who's not dead inside will miss Lucas' boyish smile).

Moreno and Mignolet must both be on a list for consideration so it could easily be four.

This legend was signed 18 years ago today. Still more European cups than Zlatan.

16807292_1465096846836500_8782422815692818955_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7bfaa76b2492b6ef76bebc29053c1d45&oe=594672DA

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    This legend was signed 18 years ago today. Still more European cups than Zlatan.

They don't make them like that anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

it would be such a shame to add a quality midfielder ,attacker,defender, and not get a quality ready made keeper. will frustrate the fcuk outa me.

it would be such a shame to add a quality midfielder ,attacker,defender, and not get a quality ready made keeper. will frustrate the fcuk outa me.

Karius was one of the top keepers in Germany last season.

There's no reason to think any keeper we're likely to get is going to swoop in and sort the position out.

Keepers are generally mercurial, they tend not to both be good between the sticks and with the ball, there are few enough who're night and day better than what we have at any rate and fewer still who we're likely to get.

Look at two suppposedly top keepers in recent weeks - Cech and Lloris - bungling things massively and near enough throwing the ball into their own net.
    De Gea and Courtois are probably the only keepers in the division who have the kind of level and consistency that people expect from our keeper.
    Anyone else in the division is going to be caught with the trousers down playing for Liverpool.

You can argue that it's an important position to strengthen but given we've still to test Karius to the point where we can make a decision on him and we've got a keeper in Ward who's presumably doing well enough and playing every week, I'd be surprised if we're going to go hell for leather for a keeper.

It's too much of a pain in the hole with too little prospect of success.

I'd hope Karius is given some kind of hand over this season rather than being dumped in it next year.
    Mignolet has been tested and while I think the criticism he gets is OTT, we should be looking to move him on in the summer and work on the basis that it'll be between Ward and Karius.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Echo sticking with Julian Brandt as one of our primary targets, though. Not sure if I have seen him play - I don't catch a lot of German football - any use?

A 20 year old who will need time to adapt & plays out wide so is unlikely to be a starter. While we do need cover there it's not as glaringly obvious as other positions.
    Weird that Klopp seems to be saying we have a good squad but will improve it which is what we were meant to do last summer but I've yet to see them signings improve us bar Mane & Matip to a lesser degree.
    He'll probably sell Sakho which probably should have been done last year. Sturridge, Lucas, a couple of goalies as we have too many none of whom are good enough, Moreno (hopefully) & if Can doesn't sign a new deal will go somewhere else who will give him a payrise for going backwards.

Gbear wrote: »
    Mignolet has been tested and while I think the criticism he gets is OTT, we should be looking to move him on in the summer and work on the basis that it'll be between Ward and Karius.

If Huddersfield go up that's going to be an interesting challenge - would Ward want to come back as a No 2 when he could be the No 1 at a Prem side (assuming Wagner wants to keep him)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ERG89 wrote: »
    A 20 year old who will need time to adapt & plays out wide so is unlikely to be a starter. While we do need cover there it's not as glaringly obvious as other positions.
    Weird that Klopp seems to be saying we have a good squad but will improve it which is what we were meant to do last summer but I've yet to see them signings improve us bar Mane & Matip to a lesser degree.
    He'll probably sell Sakho which probably should have been done last year. Sturridge, Lucas, a couple of goalies as we have too many none of whom are good enough, Moreno (hopefully) & if Can doesn't sign a new deal will go somewhere else who will give him a payrise for going backwards.

Agree that mane and matip have been great signings but also wijnaldum has been a great asset and improves our first 11.
    A lb, winger, cm are all needed but for me
    next season signing a quality number 9 that can play to this system will be the most important asset to acquire. I would love to see the club show some ambition and spunk 50 million on a quality forward such as aubemayang or lacazette if we are to get champions league football. If not demebele of celtic would fit the transfer policy of the club well and has bags of potential.
    Have a feeling mingolet will be gone and karius will get the nod. Danny ward as back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

If Huddersfield go up that's going to be an interesting challenge - would Ward want to come back as a No 2 when he could be the No 1 at a Prem side (assuming Wagner wants to keep him)?

Loaning him again would be a no brainier for me anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Gbear wrote: »
    Karius was one of the top keepers in Germany last season.

There's no reason to think any keeper we're likely to get is going to swoop in and sort the position out.

Keepers are generally mercurial, they tend not to both be good between the sticks and with the ball, there are few enough who're night and day better than what we have at any rate and fewer still who we're likely to get.

Look at two suppposedly top keepers in recent weeks - Cech and Lloris - bungling things massively and near enough throwing the ball into their own net.
    De Gea and Courtois are probably the only keepers in the division who have the kind of level and consistency that people expect from our keeper.
    Anyone else in the division is going to be caught with the trousers down playing for Liverpool.

Jack Butland and Fraser Forster say hello!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jack Butland and Fraser Forster say hello!!

Have you watched him this season?

"We are in talks with different people - players, agents, all that stuff," Klopp told the Liverpool Echo.
    "Not a lot of decisions have been already made at this point. Why should they at this stage?
    "But we are on the way. At the end I'm sure we will have a really good squad.
    "We already have a good squad and a few more good players will make it even better. There's a good base."
    Asked if Champions League football is required to attract his targets, Klopp said: "I actually don't think so but we will see.
    "We don't have to talk about the Champions League now because we are not even qualified.
    "But of course if we are in the Champions League then it would have an influence. We would need a deeper squad and you have to be prepared for that. No question.
    "Even with the league this season, we could have needed a deeper squad with the injuries we had. But we're through that now.
    "We will adapt our plans to the number of tournaments we play next year."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10772356/jurgen-klopp-planning-liverpools-summer-transfer-business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No game over a weekend is horrific. It's bad enough to make me go into town to pick up the stuff I've been putting off for weeks.

If anyone is wondering who the handsome bastard is wandering around Grafton St, it'll probably be me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

RoboKlopp wrote: »

16807292_1465096846836500_8782422815692818955_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7bfaa76b2492b6ef76bebc29053c1d45&oe=594672DA

I hardly recognised myself,still have the medal somewhere:):):):):)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Here's one for Harry.
    Anything Liverpool ‏@Anything_LFC 5m5 minutes ago
    Reds on brink of bolstering Academy ranks with France youth international Yasser Larouci (Echo) #LFC

Anything Liverpool ‏@Anything_LFC 3m3 minutes ago
    The 16-year-old attacking midfielder is a free agent having turned down a contract with Ligue 2 side Le Havre (Echo) #LFC

Le Harve prospect eh? What could go wrong!

Speaking of the youth - U18s beat Wolves 3-1 having gone a goal down I think - twitter coverage only. They are already certain of reaching the 2nd phase mini league as they have a 10 point lead on 5th place with 3 games to go for Everton in that position. In the Southern Section Chelsea beat Brighton today 13-0! :eek:

He was all set to sign for utd last month after a quick google search to find out about the next Zidane.

Our league game against Burnley will go ahead as planned anyhow now. Fair play Lincoln, proper shock.

• Advertisement

He was all set to sign for utd last month after a quick google search to find out about the next Zidane.

Zidane's actual kid is in the Real kids team.

Liverpool has scouts watching PSG v Bordeaux to see Brazilian U20 Malcom (Filipe Silva de Oliveira) He is ex Corinthians, an attacking midfielder obviously.

5starpool wrote: »
    Our league game against Burnley will go ahead as planned anyhow now. Fair play Lincoln, proper shock.

Absolutely wonderful. All the more glorious when you see this pathetic excuse for a human being trying to get one of the Lincoln lads sent off.
    https://twitter.com/GrassRootsMgr/status/832953537428647936

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

mosstin wrote: »
    Absolutely wonderful. All the more glorious when you see this pathetic excuse for a human being trying to get one of the Lincoln lads sent off.

FFS! That was simply pathetic.

Most correct words to describe him would see me carded here by the 5-0.

That's a fckin disgrace. He should be banned. Burnley should fine him and suspend him too (or just sack him).

Liverpool going for Gotze again in the summer is making the rounds again.

We really do not need him.

We need pace. We need a dedicated CF.

5starpool wrote: »
    Liverpool going for Gotze again in the summer is making the rounds again.

How's he done at Dortmund? He didn't want to join us last summer so unless things aren't working out for him at Dortmund, I don't see why he'd come this way now. Wouldn't want him anyway if that was the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Alonso77 wrote: »
    FFS! That was simply pathetic.

It should be in the humour thread, seriously though there will be kids thinking that is acceptable, hope he gets a ban

Ya, sounds like the classic 2+2 = 371 deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How's he done at Dortmund? He didn't want to join us last summer so unless things aren't working out for him at Dortmund, I don't see why he'd come this way now. Wouldn't want him anyway if that was the case.

He's been very average in all honesty since his return to Dortmund, but Tuchel is persisting with him as a central midfielder when he's only every been good at Number 10 and on the left wing. If we got him and used him properly, it could prove a bargain signing, but I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

martyos121 wrote: »
    He's been very average in all honesty since his return to Dortmund, but Tuchel is persisting with him as a central midfielder when he's only every been good at Number 10 and on the left wing. If we got him and used him properly, it could prove a bargain signing, but I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

He isnt fit enough to play on the wing, admitted himself indirectly that he cant do it anymore by insisting Tuchel was playing him in a better position.

The lad seems to have his head everywhere but on the football field. Hasnt been in a Dortmund squad for a few weeks now with muscle problems.....

On a positive note....his other half would bring a bit of style and glamour to Liverpool....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Liverpool has scouts watching PSG v Bordeaux to see Brazilian U20 Malcom (Filipe Silva de Oliveira) He is ex Corinthians, an attacking midfielder obviously.

Great, we haven't bought one of those in a while:pac:

Gotze really hasn't done anything of note since scoring the winning goal in the World Cup Final.

Injury and loss of form and being played out of position over the years since haven't helped.

Saying all that the lad is still only 24 and has talent.

But ye I prefer a more out and out winger with pace to play on the opposite side to Mane we have plenty of number 10's and false 9's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He isnt fit enough to play on the wing, admitted himself indirectly that he cant do it anymore by insisting Tuchel was playing him in a better position.

The lad seems to have his head everywhere but on the football field. Hasnt been in a Dortmund squad for a few weeks now with muscle problems.....

On a positive note....his other half would bring a bit of style and glamour to Liverpool....:D

Missed that quote myself, his fitness definitely is an issue so it makes a lot of sense, he hasn't the pace for playing wide left either but when he was a teenager at Dortmund it looked like his best position for a time. He's a quality number 10 when in form though, so any club in need of one could do a lot worse than him. That isn't us though, in my opinion.

Agree about his missus too, some woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

martyos121 wrote: »
    Missed that quote myself, his fitness definitely is an issue so it makes a lot of sense, he hasn't the pace for playing wide left either but when he was a teenager at Dortmund it looked like his best position for a time. He's a quality number 10 when in form though, so any club in need of one could do a lot worse than him. That isn't us though, in my opinion.

Agree about his missus too, some woman!

He made the comment to the SportBild or Ruhrnachrichten just before the Xmas break when asked where he seen the problem with his form, something along the lines of "I am not getting younger, have had a few injuries and you cant expect me to play like I did first time around or to perform like I did in the WC final".
    Think the lad would have been better served going to Italy, France or Spain......game and system played in Dortmund is too quick for him. He couldnt get into the Bayern team, cant get into the BVB team....doubt very much he would be an improvement on what is at Liverpool at the moment. Big question is....would he get into the Liverpool team as a number 10 or attacking 8......doubt it very much. At the moment when he plays for BVB the game passes him by or he slows it down.....

On the other hand when he played for Klopp he was another player....could Klopp get him back to where he was???
    Other question is...how much do you pay for the risk...and will Dortmund sell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Zidane's actual kid is in the Real kids team.

Did he not already make his debut for the senior team and score on his debut or am I imagining things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If leicester draw with milwall today our league game against them is postponed. Means our first game back is 2 weeks today against arsenal at home.

Never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We could play him in the middle .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement