Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Klopp's mate David Wagner and his Huddersfield side have just held Man City to a draw, which means an extra game for them in the FA Cup, a small benefit to us in the race for second place. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Millwall win, so it's Leicester under the lights on a Monday night.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mormank wrote: »
    Did he not already make his debut for the senior team and score on his debut or am I imagining things?

I think he played for the A team in the 2nd tier. Not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Did he not already make his debut for the senior team and score on his debut or am I imagining things?

Yeah, that's right he did. It was against a crappy team in some cup or something though I think. The goal wasn't great.

Edit:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Gotze can do one as far as I'm concerned. Spent last Summer fluttering his eyelashes at us and then joined Dortmund. No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sounds like he'd be quite unsuited to Klopp's plan anyway - he has no pace and playing him centrally and deeper is pointless - is he really going to be any better than Lallana (serious question!) and he would be an expensive adornment for the bench when there are more pressing needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gotze can do one as far as I'm concerned. Spent last Summer fluttering his eyelashes at us and then joined Dortmund. No thanks.

Aye, and if we are signing another attaking player in the summer hopefully it will a mane type winger as opposed to another attacking mid. Of course the usual areas are in need of upgrading first before any of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sounds like he'd be quite unsuited to Klopp's plan anyway - he has no pace and playing him centrally and deeper is pointless - is he really going to be any better than Lallana (serious question!) and he would be an expensive adornment for the bench when there are more pressing needs.

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

No one seems to have mentioned it yet but the real shock of the day was Burnley losing at home to Licoln which means our game against them at Anfield on 12th of March won't be postponed. Leaving our remaining fixtures as nicely spread out as possible for the rest of the league season. We got this. ;)

del2c.gif?dateline=1271211182

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

del2c.gif?dateline=1271211182

If th cat is moving too fast for some people, just zoom in and out on your phone and it slows down.
    If you're on a laptop move it further away and back to its starting point over and over.
    If you're on a pc, walk in and out of your room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No one seems to have mentioned it yet but the real shock of the day was Burnley losing at home to Licoln which means our game against them at Anfield on 12th of March won't be postponed. Leaving our remaining fixtures as nicely spread out as possible for the rest of the league season. We got this. ;)

Joey Barton should get a mention in the humor thread.

What a....

Just watching the Fa Cup highlights and thought of something. Do yellow cards received in the fa cup count towards players yellow card count in the league? You know if they get 5 yellows they get suspended and do red cards received in the Fa cup end up suspending players from league games? If not why can players serve their suspensions earned in the league during cup games?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If th cat is moving too fast for some people, just zoom in and out on your phone and it slows down.

I actually followed your instructions.
    God help me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Just watching the Fa Cup highlights and thought of something. Do yellow cards received in the fa cup count towards players yellow card count in the league? You know if they get 5 yellows they get suspended and do red cards received in the Fa cup end up suspending players from league games? If not why can players serve their suspensions earned in the league during cup games?

So many confused questions, but the simple answer is Yes.
    All domestic bookings count in the same overall total, and apply to whichever is the next set of game(s) - league, league cup or FA Cup is where the ban will be served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I actually thourght you were taking the piss, Sturridge can pick up a virus but not a crisp pass :(

This was good.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Makes sense to send him home if he's infectious...although he's normally so greedy he probably wouldn't pass it on anyway

This was brilliant. :D

Another person that has me on ignore. Sigh. I guess I deserve it.

• Advertisement

What!? :D

The seniors are flying back today! Seems a very short break given the next game isn't until Monday next week - hopefully they can arrange a game with someone like Bury, Tramere or Wrexham to keep things ticking over.

U23 playing at 1 pm

https://i.redditmedia.com/fXMwSnOlWzmE4zsOl950-N-x6FUCjZiKF9UcksbmYZc.png?w=768&

It was planned to be 5 days iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I thought we all had each other on ignore.

It would explain the flow of the thread some days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's a pity that the tiredness associated with that round of European games was wasted on the FA cup.

I suppose the flip-side is that we do get another mini-pre-season.
    If we're our own biggest enemy, anything that makes us better at beating ourselves is better than 1 round of games where our rivals drop points.

Anyone else been notifications there has been posts in the thread but only to find out the last post was like 3 days ago?

No, but I'm using the legacy version of course.

HT U23 0-0, you can tell the star names are away, it's all a bit functional and lacking fizz.

FT 1-2 Derby win thanks to shoddy defending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I thought we all had each other on ignore.

It would explain the flow of the thread some days.

5starpool wrote: »
    Another person that has me on ignore. Sigh. I guess I deserve it.

No not at all, I meant how that shock affected us and our fixture with Burnley. Don't think anyone mentioned that the biggest shock of the round kinda helped us.

Our league game against Burnley will go ahead as planned anyhow now. Fair play Lincoln, proper shock.
    No not at all, I meant how that shock affected us and our fixture with Burnley. Don't think anyone mentioned that the biggest shock of the round kinda helped us.

Apart from the above.

Jaysus lads just realized now that Burnley got knocked out yesterday our league game against them will go ahead as scheduled so it's not just the Leicester game that could have been affected with results yesterday.

Wait - does that mean both the Leicester City and Burnley games will go ahead as scheduled?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wait - does that mean both the Leicester City and Burnley games will go ahead as scheduled?!

Ye all games as scheduled and all top 4 rivals through or have a replay meaning more fixture congestion for them.

John W is supposed to be in the Barcelona presidential box tonight.

Let the speculation being!

Klopp to Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Klopp to Barca.

Neymar to the Red Sox!

Swerve!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Neymar to the Red Sox!

Swerve!

Nah FSG are getting ready to sell The Red Sox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bringing Luie home lol

I thought Klopp was at the game....must have got that wrong. Nabil El Zhar plays for Leganés he nearly scored an equaliser.

He's just making sure the sum for Coutinho is a world record one.

THe abuse from '' so called '' Liverpool fans to the owner and his wife on twitter is embarrassing. They go there to watch a game and the knives are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

THe abuse from '' so called '' Liverpool fans to the owner and his wife on twitter is embarrassing. They go there to watch a game and the knives are out.

Oh my god... out of curiosity, just checked John Henry's last tweet and the comments. The tweet was about the Super Bowl. All the comments are deranged liverpool fans telling him to get out of the club.

Honestly, social media has genuinely made me hate people at large.

Apart from the above.

Well yeah ok I obviously didn't see that post, or my brain has an auto ignore function for your posts that I'm not aware of. :P Either way I said it seems like nobody mentioned it, not like I'm calling you out as a liar or anything. I believed you the first time you pointed it out. No biggie. :confused:

Klopp to Barca.

Messi to Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would be messy alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well yeah ok I obviously didn't see that post, or my brain has an auto ignore function for your posts that I'm not aware of. :P Either way I said it seems like nobody mentioned it, not like I'm calling you out as a liar or anything. I believed you the first time you pointed it out. No biggie. :confused:

Just calling him a nobody :pac::p

I know many folk are adamant scoring goals is the be all and end all in the PL but if you look at the top 4 both Chelsea and Spurs have only conceded 18 goals.

Spurs have scored 8 goals less than us but have a 4 goal superior GD.

I reckon if we had another CB that was better than Lovren/Klavan/Lucas to partner Matip or to fill in for him when he was out we'd have conceded fewer and have more points on board with our current GK "issues" too.

As folks have said a clear upgrade on Migs/Karius probably isn't that easy to attain ....... you'd imagine a CB or two would be easier to find.

All considered even after our recent poor spell (6 points from 6 games in 2017) we are only a point off top 4. A win against Leicester would be great and they really are in appalling form for months now.

After 25 games we are only a pt off 2ppg........... CL qualification this year would be massive...... to be fair to Jose he has Utd only a point behind us ..... still in both domestic cups and they are after so far successfully navigating the EL too. I reckon CL qualification this year from where we are now is as good an opportunity as we'll see over the next couple of years.

And Leicester have shown what a bit of luck in the CL group draw can do so I don't think we should be thinking we aren't ready for CL either.

After a woeful start to their season West Ham are after 19 pts in their last 10 games, the PL isn't getting any less competitive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Messi to Liverpool.

He is buying Barca, cheaper than buying messi I would imagine :pac:

Coutinho tries to recreate Gerrard's Olympiacos goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They could have let him keep trying until he got it half close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I wouldn't be embarassed, everyone knows twitter is full of scutterin gobsh1tes anyway. I mean who wants to limit themselves to only 128 charac

Coutinho tries to recreate Gerrard's Olympiacos goal.

Terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happy birthday Jari Litmanen, criminally underutilized in his time at Anfield

pics-image-15-327218527.jpg

• Advertisement

Gerrard's goal was a bit lucky really, when the ball comes off the outside of the boot tip it could go anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement