Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Litmanen & Morientes were two strikers I wish we could have gotten in there prime still always loved that we signed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gerrard's goal was a bit lucky really, when the ball comes off the outside of the boot tip it could go anywhere.

You'll never change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

kfallon wrote: »
    Happy birthday Jari Litmanen, criminally underutilized in his time at Anfield

pics-image-15-327218527.jpg

Wonder does he still get caps with Finland? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:D someone has to keep our feet on the ground about Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

:D someone has to keep our feet on the ground about Gerrard.

If anything, its swung the other way a bit too much tbh.

Never thought I'd see the day where Gerrard was actually starting to be underrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wonder does he still get caps with Finland? :o

Capped in the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's....not bad!

Probably my favourite player of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I always find it strange that so many house overlook the training ground. Everything we do could be recorded and passed on to other teams. Would explain why we never score from set pieces and concede a lot from them.

................... Would explain why we never score from set pieces and concede a lot from them.

Not really.
    Most teams score from set pieces without doing anything remotely profound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

https://twitter.com/OptaJohan/status/833629954084581377

"Brad Jones is the first Feyenoord keeper with 14 clean sheets in an Eredivisie season since Ed de Goey in 1996/97"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Oh no, Lee Mason is the ref for the Leicester game. The worst ref in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

NukaCola wrote: »
    Just calling him a nobody :pac::p

Exactly! :P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Gerrard's goal was a bit lucky really, when the ball comes off the outside of the boot tip it could go anywhere.

Maybe when you shoot like that but even I can keep it on target so I'm sure there was no more luck involved in that effort than most efforts from similar distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

NukaCola wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/OptaJohan/status/833629954084581377

"Brad Jones is the first Feyenoord keeper with 14 clean sheets in an Eredivisie season since Ed de Goey in 1996/97"

Holy fukin shet! Fair play Jonesy! I didn't think he had it in him. Also, Ed De Goey - the Catfish - he was a bit of a legend too.

Also also, I like how Opta Joe is localized to the Netherlands, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Oh no, Lee Mason is the ref for the Leicester game. The worst ref in the league.

The worst ref by some distance and when you look at some of his competition that's some achievement. Michael Oliver is probably the best...he makes an odd mistake but he's usually good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As a Liverpool fan i want Arsenal to destroy Sutton for selling out to that rag for this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lovren gone to Germany for treatment on his injury. Looks a big doubt for the Leicester game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lovren gone to Germany for treatment on his injury. Looks a big doubt for the Leicester game.

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

As a Liverpool fan i want Arsenal to destroy Sutton for selling out to that rag for this game

Not enough. Hopefully liquidated by the end of the decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

corwill wrote: »
    Not enough. Hopefully liquidated by the end of the decade.

And the same for Sutton.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And the same for Sutton.

Sometimes it's nearly too easy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Woud have Gomez starting in his place so. All Leicester have to trouble us is pace - but in Vardy, Musa, NDidi, Gray and even Mahrez they have plenty far faster than our other CB options. Would leave Lucas and Klavan in the dust.

We know how this game will go - we'll push forward, and leave space behind for a long ball into the channels. Only Matip and Gomez have the pace to cover a quick break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And the same for Sutton.

WE AH FUKED, BLUD.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Woud have Gomez starting in his place so. All Leicester have to trouble us is pace - but in Vardy, Musa, NDidi, Gray and even Mahrez they have plenty far faster than our other CB options. Would leave Lucas and Klavan in the dust.

We know how this game will go - we'll push forward, and leave space behind for a long ball into the channels. Only Matip and Gomez have the pace to cover a quick break.

Gomez didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the last game he played. He looked all over the shop. I think he'll be a good player but maybe not just yet.

Lucas was Leicester's best player with that great assist in the first game. I think he'll do fine against them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool either have signed or are about about to sign Ligue 2 rising star youth Yasser Larouci from Le Harve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Liverpool either have signed or are about about to sign Ligue 2 rising star youth Yasser Larouci from Le Harve.

Is that who we signed the cousins, Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle, from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

kfallon wrote: »
    Is that who we signed the cousins, Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle, from?

Yup. Sure was.

Another CL on the cards in a couple of years so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wasn't that where Utd bought Martial from too?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

tbh its not even about being a Liverpool fan. The S*n and all media of that type are a form of poison to the world and we are only learning about how damaging they are now. "fake news" "alt facts" all that nonsense has a deep rooted history with that low level tabloid sh*te. Should be burned in the fires of the actual f**cking sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wasn't that where Utd bought Martial from too?

Nah, he was more high profile, went from Monaco.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Their game starts from their midfielders/defenders getting the ball up the pitch as quick and accurately as possible. They haven't been doing that lately and our high press makes it less accurate.

Lucas and Matip will do perfect, but I would think about bringing in Moreno for his pace up and down. Difficult to sacrifice Milner for that though.
    If things are going well in the game I would look at bringing on Gomez for some minutes.

We should batter Leicester, 5 pts from there last 10 PL games and their cup form was as bad as ours (nearly).

However, outside the bottom 2 ............... Leicester are one of only 3 teams (B'mouth & M'Boro are the other 2) with a lower 2017 points haul than us. Ranieri might well see a trip to Anfield as a decent opportunity given our 2017 form.

Was it a team effort or a Mane of the match performance that beat Spurs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Augeo wrote: »
    We should batter Leicester, 5 pts from there last 10 PL games and their cup form was as bad as ours (nearly).

However, outside the bottom 2 ............... Leicester are one of only 3 teams (B'mouth & M'Boro are the other 2) with a lower 2017 points haul than us. Ranieri might well see a trip to Anfield as a decent opportunity given our 2017 form.

Was it a team effort or a Mane of the match performance that beat Spurs :pac:

Hope Leicester go to Anfield, the game is at the King Power :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Leicester will actually play, I fancy us to take all the points if thats the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lucas was actually excellent in the first game against Leicester - apart from his major boo-boo- I'd have no problem with pairing up with Matip again. He's proven he's able to handle most problems thrown at him in fairness. Gomez got battered in the wolves game, and was shaky away to Plymouth too. I'd say he's at the bottom of the CB pecking order.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yup, Lucas and Matip are great together, the best thing about Lucas in that position is that he wants the ball moving forward as quickly as possible instead of playing it along the line a couple of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Nice dig by Squires in his comic today:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/feb/21/david-squires-on-lincoln-city-joey-barton-and-the-fa-cup-fifth-round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Early goal against leicester and they will fold like a house of cards. Many of them look like they are not playing for their manager which is mental after what they achevied together last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

BMMachine wrote: »
    tbh its not even about being a Liverpool fan. The S*n and all media of that type are a form of poison to the world and we are only learning about how damaging they are now. "fake news" "alt facts" all that nonsense has a deep rooted history with that low level tabloid sh*te. Should be burned in the fires of the actual f**cking sun
    If they ever actually go on fire, I hope I will be there with the firemen and a few loaves of bread making toast for the spectators:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is anyone else really fcuking bored......

I talked to my Fianceé today, she seemed nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya usually there is a few days of a build up or something, but we still have a week to go until the Leicester game.

Lovren a doubt for it. Do we play Gomez, Lucas or Klavan? Pace up front is the big thing going for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That betting company got done over by Suttons sub keeper.

Wayne Shaw's pie-eating investigated by FA & Gambling Commission
    Sutton reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw is under investigation by the Football Association for potentially breaching betting rules during Monday's FA Cup loss to Arsenal.

The Gambling Commission is also investigating if there was a breach of betting regulations after Shaw ate a pie in the 83rd minute of the game.

Before Monday's game, a bookmaker offered odds of 8-1 that Shaw would eat a pie on camera during the match.

He later said it was "a bit of banter".

Shaw, 46, ate the pie while standing by the substitutes' bench.
    I think there were a few people. Obviously we are not allowed to bet. I think a few mates and a few of the fans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39037401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FitzShane wrote: »
    Ya usually there is a few days of a build up or something, but we still have a week to go until the Leicester game.

Lovren a doubt for it. Do we play Gomez, Lucas or Klavan? Pace up front is the big thing going for them.

Lucas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

My super scouting sources tell me Liverpool should sign Youri Tielemans.

8-10 wrote: »
    Lucas

I'd be surprised if it wasn't him, shocked if it was Gomez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'd be surprised if it wasn't him, shocked if it was Gomez.

I reckon it will be Klavan if he is fit.

I reckon it will be Klavan if he is fit.

I wager 1 imaginary victory point that it will be Lucas if both are fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is anyone else really fcuking bored......

I talked to my Fianceé today, she seemed nice.

I remember when I had a Fiancee I actually liked my current wife then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I wager 1 imaginary victory point that it will be Lucas if both are fit.

Cool, It won't be an imaginary victory point tho, it will be an anonymous internet victory point which as we all know are the most precious and meaningful of all the victory points that exist in the universe.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement