Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gbear wrote: »
    I can see it from our angle.

I'm more surprised by Lallana accepting it especially at those wages.

I guess he knows this is it for him, he appreciates that he's got to this level and while he's been good for us, you're never safe in this team and there's going to be lots of comings and goings in the squad over the next few years.

Can't say it was something I was worried about.
    Tying down Can will be the main long term contract for us I'd say.

Everyone else has either been sorted, isn't going anywhere or isn't hugely important.

It's tough to know also how much his contract is really worth. We keep hearing how they're offering these dynamic contracts which are heavily performance based, so it may be that that's the base figure, or the median figure which he could surpass by playing games and scoring goals.

Glad to have him signed up though, very important player in the current setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Apologies as it's probably been asked a million times...

If Man U with the Europa League does the 4th place team in England lose out on a CL place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Time for the big reveal, in a dramatic plot twist it was in fact the guy who hates the saying who used it himself! Step forward Coulson, outstanding contradiction well played.

So because there's nobody criticising Sturridge at the moment you're resorting to bringing up things people said about him in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

doc_17 wrote: »

If Man U with the Europa League does the 4th place team in England lose out on a CL place?

I'm open to correction here but I think the answer is no 4th would NOT lose out. There would then be 5 champs league places if united finish outside top-4 and win europa league

However if Man City finish 6th and win champions league and united finish 5th and win europa league then 4th loses out

Thats as far as I know. I'd wait for confirmation before ya go repeating that to anyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So because there's nobody criticising Sturridge at the moment you're resorting to bringing up things people said about him in the past?

And like my post today also not understanding the sarcasm in that post from a number of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

doc_17 wrote: »

I'm open to correction here but I think the answer is no 4th would NOT lose out. There would then be 5 champs league places if united finish outside top-4 and win europa league

However if Man City finish 6th and win champions league and united finish 5th and win europa league then 4th loses out

Thats as far as I know. I'd wait for confirmation before ya go repeating that to anyone :)

Correct! 4th only loses out if there's an English winner of both EL and CL and they both finish outside top 4. Otherwise there would be 6 spots!

Your obsession will consume you.

You bore me bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're aiming to close gap to Chelsea, and make sure they only win league by smallest of margins possibly.
    TOp 2 is aim. Not 4th .

Leicester season totally over now so they are nailed on to beat 2 -0 with an early goal and one in the last minutes on the counter.

Leicester have something play for we are nailed on to beat them now.

Totally over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Good fightback in the last 15 by Leicester.

Scarcely deserved.

Not great news for us I'd have thought but still, glad that tie is alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No one get their hands on that Lucas interview..

I think it was luckycharms that use to post those links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

noodler wrote: »
    Good fightback in the last 15 by Leicester.

Scarcely deserved.

Absolutely sick of this **** - not having a go at the poster here - but before we play these days, there seems to be one reason or another why games become more or less difficult for us. We have 13 games left and if we want Top 4 then we have to win the vast majority of them, regardless of the circumstances surrounding them. Stating the obvious, I know, but it smacks of getting our excuses in early. We have absolutely nothing else to concentrate on and I'm guessing that Top 4 was Klopp's aim all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd have thought it was exactly what we wanted - now they still have something to play for - if it had all been over they would have no reason to rest one or two players, now they just might.

Rest one or two? Second leg is quite a bit after they host us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I'd have thought it was exactly what we wanted - now they still have something to play for - if it had all been over they would have no reason to rest one or two players, now they just might.

The 2nd leg of the sevilla game is 2 weeks after we play Leicester. Can't see why they'd rest players for that game against us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Of course, I forgot its a three week break, no wonder it never seems to end!

meanwhile

C5_SBmiw_W8_AANz_SP_jpg_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She can't even spell Melwood right ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Of course, I forgot its a three week break, no wonder it never seems to end!

meanwhile

C5_SBmiw_W8_AANz_SP_jpg_large.jpg

That can't be real... is that real?! I mean, they even misspelled Melwood...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »
    Absolutely sick of this **** - not having a go at the poster here - but before we play these days, there seems to be one reason or another why games become more or less difficult for us. We have 13 games left and if we want Top 4 then we have to win the vast majority of them, regardless of the circumstances surrounding them. Stating the obvious, I know, but it smacks of getting our excuses in early. We have absolutely nothing else to concentrate on and I'm guessing that Top 4 was Klopp's aim all along.

Whether it's minor or not, us getting in excuses early or not, I still reckon I'd rather have played them after a hammering by Seville.

We should win of course.

Have some green tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

He watched them train out his back window? :blink:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Whether it's minor or not, us getting in excuses early or not, I still reckon I'd rather have played them after a hammering by Seville.

We should win of course.

Have some green tea.

They're on an awful run in the league and the CL seems to inspire them. We should be putting them away regardless. I hate green tea. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Incorrect, I knew he had used that expression before, so when I searched the expression and his name which took 0.00467 secs it was a coincidence but then not at all surprising he used it about Sturridge. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not the one fascinated by Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Incorrect, I knew he had used that expression before, so when I searched the expression and his name which took 0.00467 secs it was a coincidence but then not at all surprising he used it about Sturridge. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not the one fascinated by Sturridge.

No you're just fascinated by other posters and trying to call them out to the point of obsession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

martyos121 wrote: »
    She can't even spell Melwood right ffs.

She?

No you're just fascinated by other posters and trying to call them out to the point of obsession.

The chap / chappette who can't go a few days without speeling on about doughboy's account closure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Vanolder wrote: »
    She?
    The boots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

We really need to have a match soon to stop all this nonsense. .....who are peoples predictions for top four. I expect Chelsea, us, Tottenham and city and for united sort of giving up on the league and focusing on EL. And Wenger to get sacked for missing out on 4th;)

We really need to have a match soon to stop all this nonsense. .....who are peoples predictions for top four..........

Chelsea, Spurs, Man City & Arsenal

• Advertisement

Daemonic wrote: »
    The boots...

Huh? We all have boots like that...

Augeo wrote: »
    The chap / chappette who can't go a few days without speeling on about doughboy's account closure?

Nobody cares. Well about 99.9% of posters don't.

Constantly talking about other posters is bizarre tbh. Doesn't make it fun for anyone just wanting to catch up on LFC news.

Indeed, fingers crossed they stfu re the doughbury incident going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Are you a pirate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Are you a cowboy?

Are you a member of a 70's Disco Group?

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Constantly talking about other posters is bizarre tbh. Doesn't make it fun for anyone just wanting to catch up on LFC news.

I agree, that's the main problem with this thread, the regs treat it like it's some sort of off topic buddy meet up, if it was just Liverpool being discussed it would be far more enjoyable.

Maybe mods could look into an off topic thread and keep this one a bit more on track.

I agree, that's the main problem with this thread, the regs treat it like it's some sort of off topic buddy meet up, if it was just Liverpool being discussed it would be far more enjoyable.

Maybe mods could look into an off topic thread and keep this one a bit more on track.

I'll remind you of this post when you start moaning about other posters!

I'll point out the fact that I'm only countering off topic bs that's being posted.

I'll point out the fact that I'm only countering off topic bs that's being posted.

Great, thinks for the service. It makes fantastic reading.

So Kasper Dolberg who knows everything about him please tell us everything topical about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So Kasper Dolberg who knows everything about him please tell us everything topical about him.

I'll go ask my Ajax fanatical Dutch friend. 8-10 should be able to give us good info though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Weird to see these type of quotes from Klopp. Why was he speaking to a Danish paper, even?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10777819/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-says-ajaxs-kasper-dolberg-is-fantastic
    And Klopp has told Danish publication Ekstra Bladet of his admiration for Dolberg.

"Who doesn't know Kasper Dolberg? You can't play at Ajax without being noticed," he said. "Kasper Dolberg has a very great future. He is a fantastic player.

"I love Danish players. I had Leon Andreasen at Mainz, he was a monster. I also have fond memories of Bo Svensson. And Mohamed Zidan - he is probably half Danish, because his wife is Danish!

"But it's not that they are Danes, it is all about their qualities."

"We were very interested in [Christian] Eriksen, but we had to choose between him [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan and [Kevin] De Bruyne," he said. "Eriksen is a great player. Everyone would love to have him on their team.

Since then, Christian Eriksen has taken a great step at Tottenham. He's very strong."

But the Liverpool boss ruled out a move for the Spurs midfielder, saying: "'No, we would not act in that way towards Tottenham

Good to see Lallana sign a new contract. I thought he was a goner before Klopp came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Knex. wrote:
    Weird to see these type of quotes from Klopp. Why was he speaking to a Danish paper, even?

It's not weird. He was at a Carlsberg Liverpool event in Denmark and was asked about him by the supporters club lad interviewing him.
    Being that they're direct quotes from Klopp every ****ty media source has easily put it that we're after him when the full context was nothing of the sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Charlie19 wrote: »
    No one get their hands on that Lucas interview..

I think it was luckycharms that use to post those links.

https://soundcloud.com/luckycharms74/lucas220217

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's not weird. He was at a Carlsberg Liverpool event in Denmark and was asked about him by the supporters club lad interviewing him.
    Being that they're direct quotes from Klopp every ****ty media source has easily put it that we're after him when the full context was nothing of the sort

I read those comments as Klopp just being nice to the locals; it's not just us paddies who squirm with delight under the head-patting of a high profile visiting dignitary.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

corwill wrote:
    I read those comments as Klopp just being nice to the locals; it's not just us paddies who squirm with delight under the head-patting of a high profile visiting dignitary.

Not really, the kid is a real talent apparently.

Great, thinks for the service. It makes fantastic reading.

This mornings contribution from yourself was fantastic too.

There's a fair bit of hypocrisy in the bolded piece........... nobody cares bud :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hopefully Lallana doesn't think that it's job done, mission completed, I have my contract I can now work less and try less, would hate to see him rest on his Nissan Laurels.
    Look at Leicester City and their players, living off of new contracts and the sense that they have no more to achieve .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement