Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hopefully Lallana doesn't think that it's job done, mission completed, I have my contract I can now work less and try less, would hate to see him rest on his Nissan Laurels.
    Look at Leicester City and their players, living off of new contracts and the sense that they have no more to achieve .

Same could be said of a lot of top players...all about the mentality of the player and his relationship with kloop.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You should know you're on the wrong side of the general consensus in here when Mick is the only one thanking your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Augeo wrote: »
    This mornings contribution from yourself was fantastic too.

There's a fair bit of hypocrisy in the bolded piece........... nobody cares bud :cool:

Augeo I genuinely wonder what your reason for posting in here is? You seem to want to fight with other posters 99% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Hopefully Lallana doesn't think that it's job done, mission completed, I have my contract I can now work less and try less, would hate to see him rest on his Nissan Laurels.
    Look at Leicester City and their players, living off of new contracts and the sense that they have no more to achieve .

I get the impression that Lallana is a bit of a worker, but more importantly I don't think Klopp will allow people to drop their levels when he knows they are capable of more.

5starpool wrote: »
    You should know you're on the wrong side of the general consensus in here when Mick is the only one thanking your posts.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Nobody cares. Well about 99.9% of posters don't.

Constantly talking about other posters is bizarre tbh. Doesn't make it fun for anyone just wanting to catch up on LFC news.
    I'll remind you of this post when you start moaning about other posters!
    Great, thinks for the service. It makes fantastic reading.
    Lol

You like to tell me and others how poor our contribution to this thread is but look at yours, not exactly stellar is it? No Liverpool content at all, try sticking to the topic.

You like to tell me and others how poor our contribution to this thread is but look at yours, not exactly stellar is it? No Liverpool content at all, try sticking to the topic.

Small sample size. You're around long enough to know I'm not in any clique and contribute to LFC talk in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can we stop this ****e before I put my head through the proverbial wall. I honestly couldn't give a flying **** about the cliques, groups, squabbles or internet egos of posters.

I just want to read something informative, funny, or a football related opinion. The attempted point scoring is tedious.

We're all here for a bit of craic, at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Can we stop this ****e before I put my head through the proverbial wall.

Generally don't comment on it but it's become insufferable. There's wrong on both sides and really good posters on both sides. Thing is though that for regular posters - aside from those involved - it's become toxic and puts the lads who pop in here for a look off from posting.
    Nothing anyone can do about it really as it's dragged on too long. Shame that you have to sift through a couple of posts of ****e slinging before you read an insightful post from someone. I'm well aware that this post isn't helping matters but I'm guessing there are quite a few people who follow this thread who it bothers also.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

lol

The general concensus in here?
    What's that? Fine for 5/6 people to act the pr1ck consistently?

gafferino wrote: »
    Augeo I genuinely wonder what your reason for posting in here is? You seem to want to fight with other posters 99% of the time.

I contribute to LFC talk in here :)
    I don't want to fight with anyone but I won't take sh1t off anyone either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

While ye are at, who are the sisters and how many are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll be back to this thread when the next U23 game is on.

/byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll be back to this thread when the next U23 game is on.

/byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Giving up on the senior team now as well Harry since they play before the under 23's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Augeo wrote: »
    I contribute to LFC talk in here :)
    I don't want to fight with anyone but I won't take sh1t off anyone either.

Im not taking the piss but it genuinely doesnt seem that way. Have a look at the thread when you are here versus not here. It descends into name slinging pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Im not taking the piss but it genuinely doesnt seem that way. Have a look at the thread when you are here versus not here. It descends into name slinging pretty quickly.

Did you ever maybe look at it from his perspective?
    5 or 6 posters ganging up on him when he posts.
    Shur I had a taste of it from the same posters only a few short weeks ago and Augeo even predicted it would happen to me!

I agree, that's the main problem with this thread, the regs treat it like it's some sort of off topic buddy meet up, if it was just Liverpool being discussed it would be far more enjoyable.

Maybe mods could look into an off topic thread and keep this one a bit more on track.

This. Exactly this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

Are we fighting again.

A win on Monday will sort that out and we will all be in love again.

Monday is a long way away..........fight on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Shur I had a taste of it from the same posters only a few short weeks ago and Augeo even predicted it would happen to me!

I recall you getting multiple warnings from mods and a yellow card when you started posting here, but of course, people were having a go at you for no reason :p

Anyway, football. Leicester lose against us and they can fall as low as last place, I honestly can't see them getting out of the relegation zone from there, unless the likes of Hull and Swansea revert to earlier form. We have to win, there's no excuses.

The 18 year old keeper from Milan, Donnarumma, looks like he might be available in the summer, he's had an excellent time so far and I'd love to see us try for him. He'll most likely end up at Juve though, and his agent is the dreaded Raiola so that's a bit of a red light.

Really...... take a look at who slings what.

• Advertisement

I recall you getting multiple warnings from mods and a yellow card when you started posting here, but of course, people were having a go at you for no reason :p

Anyway, football. Leicester lose against us and they can fall as low as last place, I honestly can't see them getting out of the relegation zone from there, unless the likes of Hull and Swansea revert to earlier form. We have to win, there's no excuses.

The 18 year old keeper from Milan, Donnarumma, looks like he might be available in the summer, he's had an excellent time so far and I'd love to see us try for him. He'll most likely end up at Juve though, and his agent is the dreaded Raiola so that's a bit of a red light.

I'll think you'll find I was being consistently baited hence the cards as Augeo predicted. The usual few were having a go at me for having a different opinion than their own and being prepared to argue it. It didn't go down to well

And if I recall correctly I was welcomed to the thread by other posters who were glad to see different views other than the usual drivel served up by the clique everyone is alluding to. But you didn't mention that in your last post did you because that didn't suit your narrative did it.

• 5starpool wrote: »

I agree with him. What's your point exactly? I'd consider you as one of the better posters so surprised you have an issue.
    Can you not spot from another posters perspective that it's very clicky in here to be fair and anyone who goes against the grain seems be on the butt end of it.
    To be fair to Augeo he has a valid point.

Don't think it is a coincidence good posters like opr dathijjj kess luckyloyd have mostly stopped posting here. The majority of their posts were football related not inane ramblings about pandas and such.

Just throwing it out there. We badly need a LB. United look like they'll jettison Luke Shaw. Wouldn't happen of course but if it did, I'd have him here.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I agree with him. What's your point exactly? I'd consider you as one of the better posters so surprised you have an issue.
    Can you not spot from another posters perspective that it's very clicky in here to be fair and anyone who goes against the grain seems be on the butt end of it.
    To be fair to Augeo he has a valid point.

It's the internet, everything's clicky on the internet.

mosstin wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there. We badly need a LB. United look like they'll jettison Luke Shaw. Wouldn't happen of course but if it did, I'd have him here.

Mourinho and United would rather sell him to China than to us. Remember Heinze?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Too fat

I think you're all a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Don't think it is a coincidence good posters like opr dathijjj kess luckyloyd have mostly stopped posting here. The majority of their posts were football related not inane ramblings about pandas and such.

Opr was banned I think. Luckyllyod only posts when **** hits the fan;)
    Dathijj pops in every now and then.
    Kess just moved on.

Posters move on and stop posting all the time. It's life, nothing to do with any clicks etc.
    Heck, I suppose I'd be considered to be part of a click by some posters and I'm not. I do t post as much as I use to. Nothing to do with the atmosphere in the thread, just busier and not as fussed about it all as I use to.

People just need to turn the other cheek, be the bigger man, let and let live and stopped getting so worked up about what a complete stranger is posting on the Internet.
    It's not important.
    And there's some that are just too passive aggressive and taking it all too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I've a clicky hip on the Internet.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Too fat

**** you. Would you buy Shaw though?

• mosstin wrote: »

A funny one, but proves the point.
    Make a valid point, take the piss and don't actually acknowledge it. Rinse & repeat.
    But sure hey, it's just some random people posting on a forum. Don't lose sleep over it!

**** you. Would you buy Shaw though?

In a heartbeat......I'd be shocked if Jose got rid and let him go to us....plus the price would probably be mental.

Lovren getting treatment in Germany and Sturridge were the main two to miss training today.

So other than CB we should have a pretty strong team for the game on Monday.

• NukaCola wrote: »
    In a heartbeat......I'd be shocked if Jose got rid and let him go to us....plus the price would probably be mental.

Pure sickened if that did happen. Be mad to sell him.
    But Shaws not working hard enough. It's not too far fetched to consider that he could look for a move in the summer if he doesn't feature.
    Shaw was doing a bit of moaning earlier in the season which didn't help.
    Jose also came out to state that he needs to get the finger out.
    25+ million at a minimum you would expect for a 21 year old English LB.
    Jose didn't have issues letting players go to rivals before and he's publicly said this.
    We did sign Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So other than CB we should have a pretty strong team for the game on Monday.

Ah balls, I'd forgotten it was a Monday game! Really dragging the arse out of this break!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ah balls, I'd forgotten it was a Monday game! Really dragging the arse out of this break!

The team have no excuses now they have had a winter break in the sun and plenty of time to recharge the batteries if needed.

Pure sickened if that did happen. Be mad to sell him.
    But Shaws not working hard enough. It's not too far fetched to consider that he could look for a move in the summer if he doesn't feature.
    Shaw was doing a bit of moaning earlier in the season which didn't help.
    Jose also came out to state that he needs to get the finger out.
    25+ million at a minimum you would expect for a 21 year old English LB.
    Jose didn't have issues letting players go to rivals before and he's publicly said this.
    We did sign Mata.

I think Manchester United and Liverpools rivalry is probably different, but maybe not to Jose/Klopp so who knows....Shaw has everything, shame if he isn't working hard to be his best if thats the case....

I may be overhyping him here a bit but it wouldn't surprise me if he was regarded as the best LB in the EPL for a number of years if he delivers on his previous form/potential over the next few seasons, however I would generally not be too happy about young players not trying hard personally.

The team have no excuses now they have had a winter break in the sun and plenty of time to recharge the batteries if needed.

Rustiness....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The team have no excuses now they have had a winter break in the sun.

They'll be fecked from the jet-lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We did sign Mata.

Cech and Mata were both allowed to go to rivals because of friendships with Abramovich, and Abramovich in return felt indebted to the service they had given to the club.

Both times he was clearly vexed that he had to sell to a rival(especially Cech to Arsenal).

I believe Jose has more autonomy at United and I can almost guarantee that Shaw won't be sold to a top 6 rival. Mourinho doesn't really like to get shown up for bad transfer decisions like De Bruyne/Lukaku; in the event that Shaw goes to another big club and turns out be a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The team have no excuses now they have had a winter break in the sun

Sunburn? :pac:

Ranieri sacked.

Hope we knock 6 past them now instead of 3 and they get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They better not bounce back after sacking their manager, the better fcuking not. Hope they get relegated now, the man won them the league he at least deserves to make it to the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ranieri sacked.

Piss poor form by Leicester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hope we knock 6 past them now instead of 3 and they get relegated.
    Nailed on to lose now as Leicester will have a new manager and newly motivated players to actually look like they give a fcuk.

I preferred when managers were sacked after losing to us rather than before they play us.

Piss poor form by Leicester.

Treated poorly in England by the clubs he managed. At least he won a title, the least he deserved after building that Chelsea squad before being turfed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Leicester know our main weakness anyway - a new manager.

They'll bring Claudio back after they rip us limb from limb. The genius bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ranieri sacked.
    separator.gif

New manager excuse:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement