Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Mr.H wrote: »
    Mane, Firmino, Sturridge, origi, Wjinaldum, Milner

We have more than enough to cope with a couple of players missing in the short term (even if they are key players to how we play)

Karius
    Clyne---Lovren---Matip---Moreno
    Hendo---Can
    Firmino
    Mane
    Sturridge----Milner

Above is how I would go at this but I'm sure it will look more like below

Karius
    Clyne---Lovren---Matip---Milner
    Hendo----Can
    Wjinaldum
    Mane
    Origi
    Firmino

I am confident of getting as win

I'd say swap moreno and Milly in the first line up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

mosstin wrote: »
    Wait - this has been confirmed??

No, not confirmed but not looking great for Lallana anyway apparently.
    Not sure what the story is with Coutinho's scan, it could be just precautionary?
    We'll see.

If they're both out then I'd prefer Sturridge to start than Origi, personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well, Coutinho's travelled. Not sure he'll be selected to start if he has a tight hamstring.
    https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/799714466812268544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Before the England vs Spain game the other day. Reina to Hendo: "Alright captain!" :)

https://twitter.com/lfctransferroom/status/799271016937717760

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fraser Foster and ...?

Virgil

Hey that's not your job!

JS103767052.jpg

Rooney already cosying up to Gok Wan for when he retires aged 32.
    Ya gotta plan ahead! One door shuts and another opens....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Let's not forget Origi got a hat trick against Southampton last season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Origi won't start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Hmm, I'd settle for 6-1 again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Coutinho in the match day squad, no Lallana. That said I doubt he'll start.

We're screwed. Balague says Barcelona won't try to sign Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's pretty clear the next two transfer deals will score against us tomorrow

We should show them we're in charge now by scoring own goals... yeah... that'll show 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Jose says criticism in the media will affect rooney, surely he is one of the main culprits for criticising his players in the media

Game day at last.

Have a bad feeling about today though :(

Worst case scenario we lose ..... still will have 26 pts after 12 games and not overly tough looking fixtures coming up.

I think we'll deal with S'ton OK as they'll have a go at us. It should be a brilliant game... no bus parking stuff.... two attacking teams.... really looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

sword1 wrote: »
    Jose says criticism in the media will affect rooney, surely he is one of the main culprits for criticising his players in the media

No wonder it is quiet on here ,you have the united mod coming on the Liverpool thread giving out cards when he claims he does not look at the Liverpool thread at all.I realise I was probably close to the line in using a nickname for Jose and would not have an issue with the card if it was from slickric but when it is from the united mod on the Liverpool thread it is trolling on his part.Either way time for my holidays now ,hoping for a Liverpool win but we are going to concede so will have to score at least 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I won €200 on this fixture last season.

Liverpool U18s v Man Utd ended 3-3, open exciting game in which Liverpool came from behind went ahead failed to convert two penos and got pegged back :mad:

Goals from the front three - Brewster, McAuley and Dhanda

Oh yeah - Péter Gulácsi is top of the Bundesliga today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

sword1 wrote: »
    No wonder it is quiet on here ,you have the united mod coming on the Liverpool thread giving out cards when he claims he does not look at the Liverpool thread at all.I realise I was probably close to the line in using a nickname for Jose and would not have an issue with the card if it was from slickric but when it is from the united mod on the Liverpool thread it is trolling on his part.Either way time for my holidays now ,hoping for a Liverpool win but we are going to concede so will have to score at least 2

I read the post you got a card for many times over and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what you said wrong.

• Advertisement

To be fair to whoever "the Utd mod" is the post could well have been reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Damien360 wrote: »
    I read the post you got a card for many times over and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what you said wrong.

He edited it....its not the original post he got a card for......if its for a manager nickname the the charter is pretty clear on it unfortunately......

The United v Arsenal draw is a good result from our point of view. Need to do our job now, gonna be a tough game.

Perfect result, need a win now, it's been refreshing going into games with confidence this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Great result pity they couldn't hold on. Mid table side taking points off our title rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Perfect result, need a win now, it's been refreshing going into games with confidence this season.

A draw today is a decent result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Good chance to put some distance between us and Arsenal, also a chance to go 10 clear of United. That would be a big boost to the top 4 challenge and possibly beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

niallo27 wrote: »
    A draw today is a decent result.

It's the perfect result in my opinion, especially with how it all went down. We need Arsenal to be dropping points as one of our rivals this season, but at the same time, United bottling it is always enjoyable. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Carra commentating! Yess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hendo has really matured into a good captain for us.

• Advertisement

Credit where it's due, that Van Dijk fella for Southampton is having some game! He's reading everything so far.

I think we'll eventually crack them (hopefully) but it's gonna be a big test.

Matip and Van Dijk is the obvious pairing for next season :)

Right now Coutinho needs a boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Right now Coutinho needs a boot.

Harsh considering he was 50/50 to start the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Matip and Van Dijk is the obvious pairing for next season

Lovern has played really well so far though.

DDC1990 wrote: »

Think he was joking, another southampton player etc.... ;)
    But yes Lovren has done fine.

Still time but IF we win this it will be bloody hard earned!

Clean sheet bonus anyone?

Southampton came for a point and they got it. A few poor misses though and Coutinho was not really at it at all. Lallana a predictable miss. I'd have brought on Sturridge a bit sooner.

27 pts after 12 games.
    Nothing to complain about IMO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thought it would be tough and it was. We played well given the international break just needed to be a bit sharper. Im not worried anyway plenty of winnable fixtures coming up and this is a game we would of lost last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DDC1990 wrote: »

Who's he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Just one of those days unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Still 1st!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This is hopefully one of only a few examples of what we lack up front costing us.
    A natural finisher or 2 in there probably gets us the breakthrough.

There aren't many teams in the league who can or will defend like that so it remains to be seen whether that's the difference between us and the champions.

That'll be the toughest game before Christmas and I'm sure they'll take points off our rivals.
    No criticism for the team there. They did pretty much all they could. Its really a huge positive that we're as good as we are and still have clear ways to improve.

They were far from perfect but given the conditions, the opposition and the internationals it was a brilliant performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think it was a good performance. A bit of luck would have been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

International break is a real momentum killer. After the last two we have dropped points against poor teams we should be beating handily.

Still top for now, so hope most people are being careful.

Not a bad point.

Hopefully back to winning ways next Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

a nil nil away to a dogged Soton is no disaster. A 0-0 at home to Sunderland next week and we can start worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We need to learn how to beat teams set up to frustrate us. Burnley, Man Utd and Southampton have done it now.

Coutinho needs to stop dropping deep and we need to play with more maturity and patience. For example Milner taking a long shot today and Henderson giving ball away when we were in prime positions to mount an attack are just wasteful.

Also, finish your chances when they eventually come.

What we have shown is that if a team wants to stop us from scoring they'll have to nullify their own attack too. Southampton barely had a chance all game, we missed a sitter and a couple more very good chances. Disappointing that we didn't win but it's far from a bad result. Lallana is clearly missed. If we don't win next weekend it'll be a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Can't win every game... not an awful result and we should have won it easily. On another day Firmino tucks it away and we prob score one or two more. That was a decent team, at home, playing 10 men behind the ball and we still created chances. Add in the fact some of our better players were clearly a bit fatigued from travelling and its nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The fact we havent lost a game in 3 months is kinda cool too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement