Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good timing for Gerrard!??

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/804752969409429504
    Liverpool U23s coach Michael Beale to join São Paulo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm looking to get two tickets to any home liverpool game in January or February. Younger brother and myself have been lifelong supporters but never made it over to a game so looking to surprise him for his birthday. Anything I've read seems to indicate that its almost impossible to get tickets for anywhere near face value. Does anyone have any experience/advice? Would I have any hope with a premier league game or would the league cup semi be a better shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ha, I knew it. An Academy coach forced out to make way for Gerrard (regardless of what the club says)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gelio wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm looking to get two tickets to any home liverpool game in January or February. Younger brother and myself have been lifelong supporters but never made it over to a game so looking to surprise him for his birthday. Anything I've read seems to indicate that its almost impossible to get tickets for anywhere near face value. Does anyone have any experience/advice? Would I have any hope with a premier league game or would the league cup semi be a better shot?
    Try this thread for tickets

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055679049

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Ha, I knew it. An Academy coach forced out to make way for Gerrard (regardless of what the club says)

Forced out regardless of what the club says?

Ah Harry, you're better than that! That's 2+2=5 stuff and pre-empting any (possibly perfectly logical) explanation.

Maybe he fancied the move. Who knows. Maybe/obviously there's a better candidate lined up.
    People in every job move for various reasons.

But let's just say you're right and they're moving him on to make space for Gerrard.....
    That's not necessarily a bad thing. Klopp will have had big input in this and IF he actually decided it was a good move then why question it.
    Sure we will move on players to replace them with other players, same with non-playing staff.
    Whomever the replacement is, whether it's Gerrard or not, it's Klopp's call I'd imagine so let's trust the man. He doesn't get much wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

JJShelvey picks up his first red card in a few weeks.
    Newcastle down to 9 men (dummett also s/o) but 1-0 up. Interesting test for Rafas team.
    On SS1.

Getting 6 million for him (at the time) looks like better value every time he gets another 3 games off! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Getting 6 million for him (at the time) looks like better value every time he gets another 3 games off! :pac:

When you compare the money for Ibe 6 million was cheap.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've just seen that Andy Carroll is fit to play this weekend. He is guaranteed to score his traditional goal against us next weekend then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

8-10 wrote: »
    We should sign this Voronin character, if we could get him on a free or something that'd be a great deal, seems like he'd suit our system and score for fun
    He only shows up for pre-season games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

5starpool wrote: »
    I've just seen that Andy Carroll is fit to play this weekend. He is guaranteed to score his traditional goal against us next weekend then.

Seems to get a bit of form back and then get injured again, if he ever had a couple of years injury free he could have a high score tally,don't see that injury free spell coming though, if he escaped on the pitch it would happen recreationally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

It's not often you can sneak into the Man Utd thread and post multiple videos of YNWA with complete justification - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101852654&postcount=1868 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

sword1 wrote: »
    Seems to get a bit of form back and then get injured again, if he ever had a couple of years injury free he could have a high score tally,don't see that injury free spell coming though, if he escaped on the pitch it would happen recreationally

Andy Carroll has built an entire career on 1 good season in the Championship and one good half season in the Premier league. Both over 6 years ago.

Injuries have probably destroyed him but I'm not sure he was anything more than ok/good at his peak.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Andy Carroll has built an entire career on 1 good season in the Championship and one good half season in the Premier league. Both over 6 years ago.

Injuries have probably destroyed him but I'm not sure he was anything more than ok/good at his peak.

That could be the story of Daniel as well living off one good season and half a season at Bolton with the odd cameo here and there to show people what you can do..Injuries have destroyed him as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sakho is being sold in January :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Can't help but feel the club did all they could with Sakho. Such a shame he'll be going in January though :(

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

where are yous hearing about sakho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emo72 wrote: »
    where are yous hearing about sakho?

Did you not get the PM from rarnes7481947?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-sell-mamadou-sakho-next-12266848

His LFC career has been deader than disco for a while now, he needs to move on and rebuild his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We don't need him. Time to let him go, he has been replaced already. He's a good player and should go play week in week out for another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

10 out of next 12 games are live on tv .
    Maybe 11 if that 3pm saturday kick off is on SS5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

10 out of next 12 games are live on tv .
    Maybe 11 if that 3pm saturday kick off is on SS5

bastids. only 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

If Klopp did a heavy metal cover version of YNWA this would be it!!! (Give it 49 seconds to get going!! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It's not often you can sneak into the Man Utd thread and post multiple videos of YNWA with complete justification :D

Thats funny alright. Some lads are getting really salty over there.

However, being pissed off that one of your favourite bands covered a song and branding it devastating news to the point of not buying the album is cringe. If a cover song can turn you off buying a new album from your favourite band then maybe you are taking things a little too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Dropkick Murphys are ****e anyway, greenhorn rock nonsense.

Wonder if Lallana will get the nod today.

However, being pissed off that one of your favourite bands covered a song and branding it devastating news to the point of not buying the album is cringe. If a cover song can turn you off buying a new album from your favourite band then maybe you are taking things a little too serious.

True. Where do you draw the line? If Rachel Riley offered herself to you would you refuse because she's a Man Utd fan? I don't think so.

Dropkick Murphys are ****e anyway, greenhorn rock nonsense.

Wonder if Lallana will get the nod today.

If they're your favourite band then you don't listen to enough music.

I hope we do see Lallana but I doubt it. Sorry to ruin your day but game isn't until 1:30 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Any word on Firmino being available tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Whats this?

Someone not buying a bands record because they cover a Liverpool song? Probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.

Anyway, Lallana back is great news especially with Coutinho out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Whats this?

Someone not buying a bands record because they cover a Liverpool song? Probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.

I threw my stone roses albums in the bin and spend most nights throwing darts at my stone roses posters when I realised utd come out to This is the one. Am I doing this right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not buying the album tops the bloke trying to organise their thread to boycott Paddy Power because they were making fun of United. :D

I like DKM but that cover along with most of their Oirish stuff is the drizzling sh!ts. However they did cover 'Tessie' in a year the Red Sox won the World Series, so the league's in the bag...that'll pile on some extra salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Dropkick Murphys, the poor man's Flogging Molly. Wouldn't be my thing, but neither would making the trip to Boston to show off yer shamrock tattoo, authentic accent, Notre Dame jersey , buying the bar a round of Baby Guinness' .. Gwan out of that.

Just listen to Horslips for fuk sake.

Best result for us would be a City win followed by a draw..Need to see Chelsea's momentum stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Best result for us would be a City win followed by a draw..Need to see Chelsea's momentum stopped.

Ye agree. Chelsea have a great run of fixtures after today. City have us and arsenal up soon.

Forgot City Chelsea was the early game. Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not buying the album tops the bloke trying to organise their thread to boycott Paddy Power because they were making fun of United. :D

I like DKM but that cover along with most of their Oirish stuff is the drizzling sh!ts. However they did cover 'Tessie' in a year the Red Sox won the World Series, so the league's in the bag...that'll pile on some extra salt.

If I were a Yankees fan I'd understand boycotting them, but YNWA must be either because of the Celtic connection or completely unrelated. It's not a Liverpool song, it's an old show tune that you will certainly end up singing if you're any sort of classical vocal student. It's been covered a million times, sung at many more grounds than just Anfield, and noticed recently when watching American Horror Story for the first time that it even makes an appearance in that show.

To blanketly associate with LFC is wrong, and to base a decision on boycotting an album because of it seems unreasonably petty to me.

And I'm no fan of the DKM's either but Yankees fans not liking them because of sporting association does make sense, and Yankees are associated with Man City, not United

• Advertisement

Who the **** are Dropkick Murphy's? They sound like a pub act.

Our rivals eat food so I'm not eating food anymore.

*so hungry

Who the **** are Dropkick Murphy's? They sound like a pub act.

A poor man's pogues. They have a few decent tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A poor man's pogues. They have a few decent tunes.

I would have called them a **** Boston version of Rancid, but hey ho.... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I would have called them a **** Boston version of Rancid, but hey ho.... :)

Rancid. Was a fan of the them mid 90s. Must dig out my old collection. All on cassettes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

True. Where do you draw the line? If Rachel Riley offered herself to you would you refuse because she's a Man Utd fan? I don't think so.

I'd convert.

I don't care. I'd be saying so long mo'fos, I'm off to the United thread and having a bash of Rachel Riley's babaloons.

Panda jokes be damned. I'm sure I could start a new list over there eventually. Its the shite football that would the hardest, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Is it weird that I want a Chelsea win here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

8-10 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I want a Chelsea win here?

A draw would be ideal.

Chelsea winning away from home at City would be massive, so I definitely don't want that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rancid. Was a fan of the them mid 90s. Must dig out my old collection. All on cassettes!
    Playing support to Green Day next June in Dublin;)

I'm looking forward to that concert.

Green Day plus Rancid is my idea of hell! Still I'm old enough remember Anarchy in the UK at the top of the charts being kept off the top by Rod Stewart and the chart compliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I always liked Rancid in a "can't take them seriously but bop my head to their music" way, actually found an old out come the Wolves T-shirt in my Mam's house a while back... :D

And NOFX, I loved them, still listen to them when I'm yearning for times gone by... :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement