Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i feel tielmans would be a quality signing ,is he set for anyone does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

i feel tielmans would be a quality signing ,is he set for anyone does anyone know?

After banging in the two screamers last week, he'll be linked with everyone for the next few months, I imagine. Although he probably was anyway.

Don't think there's anything concrete at all though.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You'd think it would be that easy, but it's so clear that the two main culprits enjoy the sniping so much that it won't happen. And to be clear, I'm talking about the two who think they're in the right but literally never are, they pounce on posts they don't like and act as if they're the solution, when in fact they're the cancer of the entire thread. They know exactly who they are as do the rest of us, and they should cut it the f out. This thread always had an element of humour to it, and this pair are doing their best to ruin that.

& they both thank your post, unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    & they both thank your post, unreal.

But you stay out of it all, right?

Apparently Wijnaldum got a knock in training but should be fine to start. Lovren and Sturridge the only lads unlikely to feature.

Indeed, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Apparently Wijnaldum got a knock in training but should be fine to start. Lovren and Sturridge the only lads unlikely to feature.
    Was Sturridge a surprise really?

He wouldn't be starting anyway but figured he'd have recovered from his illness by now, unless something else has happened him that I've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No one said it was a surprise but you knew that anyway.

No one said it was a surprise but you knew that anyway.

Does every single one of your posts have to have some sort of hostility to it? If you want to talk football then do so, most of us just want to get the thread back on track anyway. There's no need to be trying to antagonise posters all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Jesus ****ing christ can nobody mention Sturridge's name without some **** getting in a huff about it

It is pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I'm relatively new to this thread/forum but from the first moment I had a debate with someone about Johnny Giles and it got met with a couple of funny gifs and thanks from pals of the person I was debating with and straight away I thought ah feck this.

But having stuck with it you can see some good posters on here, mainly spoiled by in-fighting and people agreeing with the poster rather than the post and backing each other up when anyone disagrees with their online buddy.
    Sure a group of people can't always have the exact same thoughts on everything but they always back each other up so either there is a clique or there is a group of fellas who share a brain.

So what inevitably happens then is a few others can see whats going on and get pissed off and then one clique becomes two and it snowballs.

That is what has happened and the thread/forum has gone tits up because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

I'm relatively new to this thread/forum but from the first moment I had a debate with someone about Johnny Giles and it got met with a couple of funny gifs and thanks from pals of the person I was debating with and straight away I thought ah feck this.

But having stuck with it you can see some good posters on here, mainly spoiled by in-fighting and people agreeing with the poster rather than the post and backing each other up when anyone disagrees with their online buddy.
    Sure a group of people can't always have the exact same thoughts on everything but they always back each other up so either there is a clique or there is a group of fellas who share a brain.

So what inevitably happens then is a few others can see whats going on and get pissed off and then one clique becomes two and it snowballs.

So what you're saying is it's the first cliques fault. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There's feck all agreement on this thread. Even when we're winning there's no consensus.
    Everyone's to blame. None are better than anyone else. We're all just a bunch of ****heads.
    We really are the worse.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    There's feck all agreement on this thread. Even when we're winning there's no consensus.
    Everyone's to blame. None are better than anyone else. We're all just a bunch of ****heads.
    We really are the worse.

*worst

Joke joke joke :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

No, its anyone and everyone who participates fault. I mean ffs most people here I'd imagine are in fact adults, so act like it. Someone mentions something you don't like, or has a dig or a pop, just move on. Stop acting like fcuking children and genuinely ruining what is an otherwise decent thread.

"But he said..." So fcuking what if he said something you don't like, big fcuking deal... grow up and move on.

If you really feel the need to say anything, take it to DM or some other place where only you care about what you say. The rest of us can continue on with our merry lives while you waste yours on some crap some person you don't know said, and you take umbrage with it.

I used to love reading this thread for the various opinions and thoughts of other Liverpool fans (and other clubs fans ofc), but its become a toxic hell in the last year or so. Feel like I'm in a primary school class sometimes reading the tripe posted most days.

• Advertisement

We really are the worse.

But in a serious response there is nothing wrong with no one agreeing with each other. It's a good thing for an interesting thread. What's not good is posters ganging up on one other poster all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ah lads does it really feckin matter?

But in a serious response there is nothing wrong with no one agreeing with each other. It's a good thing for an interesting thread. What's not good is posters ganging up on one other poster all the time.

Of course. As long as it's cordial.
    But I'm not sure there really is any ganging up.
    Anyway The beef needs to be squashed.

Can we just nuke this thread from orbit and start anew. An utopian thread not this dystopian wasteland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

What will I give up for lent? The Liverpool thread is a strong contender the way this is going. We need a game badly, preferably with a moreno clanger so everyone can agree he is a liability

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    What will I give up for lent? The Liverpool thread is a strong contender the way this is going. We need a game badly, preferably with a moreno clanger so everyone can agree he is a liability

We're not allowed to all agree. I'll be the dissenting voice of reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

For as bad as Mahrez has been this year, I wouldn't be too confident of Milner up against him. And with Vardy, Musa and Gray our defence will have to be switched on all game against balls over the top. Moreno might not be the worst person to have in the team.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tell you what guys. This thread is about to come to an end. I've just had to sort some stuff out in the Arsenal thread and will do the same in the new Liverpool thread if you like.

Of course I would prefer not to have to, so let's see if we can all get on without having any digs. You guys support the same team. You may have different views on how that team should play/perform, and that is absolutely fine. However please discuss it all in a civil manner

Any questions PM me

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Beasty wrote: »
    Tell you what guys. This thread is about to come to an end. I've just had to sort some stuff out in the Arsenal thread and will do the same in the new Liverpool thread if you like.

Of course I would prefer not to have to, so let's see if we can all get on without having any digs. You guys support the same team. You may have different views on how that team should play/perform, and that is absolutely fine. However please discuss it all in a civil manner

Any questions PM me

Thanks

Please just kill it now and put it out of our misery :(:(

More regulation is not needed, just a bit of cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Leicester are an absolute shambles at the moment. We should be putting them away without much fuss. Nothing surprises me with LFC, quite possible Leicester will put in a massive performance, but I'm pretty confident against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

sword1 wrote: »
    What will I give up for lent? The Liverpool thread is a strong contender

I'm not religious but aren't you meant to give up something you actually like for lent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Glen McAuley a 17 year from Dublin signed his first pro contract today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ5hOe3hfZX/

Born in 2000 God I feel old now.

Meet the Academy: Glen McAuley
    Glen McAuley, in his own words, 'likes scoring goals'.

The Dublin-born striker’s total of 13 so far in 2016-17 makes him the U18s’ leading marksman in what is his first season with Liverpool.

Earlier in the campaign, Neil Critchley praised McAuley’s work ethic and labelled a player who turns 17 later this month an ‘old-fashioned centre-forward who always puts himself in goalscoring positions’.

“When he does that, more often than not he finishes,” added the U18s boss
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/253479-meet-the-academy-glen-mcauley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I remember Glen from when I dated his grandmother
    when she was still young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

NukaCola wrote: »
    Leicester are an absolute shambles at the moment. We should be putting them away without much fuss. Nothing surprises me with LFC, quite possible Leicester will put in a massive performance, but I'm pretty confident against them.

Yup. We should get at least two goals.
    If Slimani is back for them we may need more!
    Who do we have down for the CB pairing?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ElTel wrote: »
    Yup. We should get at least two goals.
    If Slimani is back for them we may need more!
    Who do we have down for the CB pairing?

If Lovren isn't fit I'd expect it to be Lucas with Matip. Lovren is touch and go according to Klopp in the presser earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

5starpool wrote: »
    If Lovren isn't fit I'd expect it to be Lucas with Matip. Lovren is touch and go according to Klopp in the presser earlier.

I'd expect Lucas will be there.
    I still can't believe they sacked Ranieri before the second leg at home.
    He should really have gone after loss to Swansea.
    It feels like good Karma to give them a hiding but an injury time Sturridge winner will do. 2-5 my prediction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd expect Lucas will be there.
    I still can't believe they sacked Ranieri before the second leg at home.
    He should really have gone after loss to Swansea.
    It feels like good Karma to give them a hiding but an injury time Sturridge winner will do. 2-5

Injury time winner ...when leading 2-4......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Glen McAuley a 17 year from Dublin signed his first pro contract today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ5hOe3hfZX/

Born in 2000 God I feel old now.

Meet the Academy: Glen McAuley

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/253479-meet-the-academy-glen-mcauley

Going by your beliefs, You'd think that you would show more support for Sturridge.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Now lads, I want you all to have a good breakfast tomorrow. Report back with details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

This thread used to be good. The last year or that it's gotten so bad it's painful to post. I like to let the thread build up so I can have a good read over a few pages about Liverpool. About 2/3 years ago you couldn't leave the thread for more than a day or it would have 5+ pages of news built up and you'd have to go back over it... But it was good reading, because you were getting news and discussion about what you came for.

Recently it's getting to the stage where you can leave the thread for a few days and there'll be 2/3 pages built up at most. I left it for 3 days and just read back today and saw that there was 5 pages unread. I thought, lovely, a bit of proper football talk finally! 3 pages of it were fighting over cliques. It's as plain as day that posters are not coming onto this thread because of this ****. I've brought it up before but I'm literally sick of it.

Augeo and Potential underachiever have actually killed this thread.

Augeo has some good Liverpool discussion but just can't seem to understand that posters are messing with him, not "giving him sh1t" as he says.

Potential underachiever is just a fcuking moron who's only aim is to attack people and bring the thread down.

Mr Alan and Luckylloyd when Rodgers was in charge was the height of hatred i had for a poster, but you could actually have a discussion with them about Liverpool.

I'll be banned in the morning but I'm so sick of this thread and boards as whole that i couldn't give a flying fcuk and Ill never be back after this anyway. Boards has deteriorated so badly because of mods punishing the wrong posters and not the likes of Underachiever that it'll be gone in the next year or 2.

Whoevers in charge overall has really fcuked up a good thing by letting the wrong people run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So long hefferboi!
    I, like you, rarely frequent these parts anymore for lack of discussion.
    I tried to follow the "chat" for a while, but realised it's just a needless tangent.
    There are still great posts from the likes of Harry or whatever mike65 calls himself these days along with a few others - giving updates on the reserves and youths which I don't have the time to follow.
    But overall, this thread isn't what it used to be. I only dip in on match days (and those of our rivals) or after something big has broken to see opinions now. Even at that, I'm often left puzzled.
    Like today, when I realised we're not playing till Monday :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

End of an era here. Ive been following the thread for a few years now reading nearly every post although not posting too much myself.

Will still be around boards and the match threads but this one about to hit 10k posts I think it's a good time to stop and not follow the next one that comes up.

I'm not a regular poster so I'm not saying this to have any affect, I actually just wanted to post so I could acknowledge that I've enjoyed following the conversation here over the past few years and it's been my primary source of Liverpool info and 'breaking' news.

Not going to go into the reasons why as it's clear to everyone over the past 2 weeks. But overall this thread has been great - it's just time to stop following.

YNWA - let's go batter the Champions on Monday

PS: Sturridge v Firmino: discuss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

When is the next feedback thread due? Summer?

First item, ban off topic shíte.
    You thinking there's clicks? Off topic
    You commenting on other posters? Off topic
    Zero tolerance. Thread will soon be cleared of the gobshítes.. never know, Kess may come back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What the hell has happened in here?!?

I leave for a few days and there's a mass exodus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    What the hell has happened in here?!?

I leave for a few days and there's a mass exodus

Apparently the problem is wise-cracking and funny gifs, and not at all posters who shriek incessantly about other posters who they happen to disagree with and creepily compare them to a gang of prison rapists from a movie. Differences of opinion are completely verboten, and must result in torrents of vitriol and spite, as is only right. Once the thread is cold and silent and utterly devoid of anything resembling fun or humour (football is a desperately serious business, after all, enjoyment is completely inappropriate), then everything will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

corwill wrote: »
    Apparently the problem is wise-cracking and funny gifs, and not at all posters who shriek incessantly about other posters who they happen to disagree with and creepily compare them to a gang of prison rapists from a movie. Differences of opinion are completely verboten, and must result in torrents of vitriol and spite, as is only right. Once the thread is cold and silent and utterly devoid of anything resembling fun or humour (football is a desperately serious business, after all, enjoyment is completely inappropriate), then everything will be fine.

So, the usual then.

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Football is finally back this weekend. Thank Jesus!

Although not exactly looking forward to the Leicester game from a potential result standpoint.

Hopefully it's the same midfield/attack as the Spurs game. Firmino central is key.

Could really do with a win. I'm worried we'll have to get top 3 for Champions League, United could go all the way in Europa, especially with the draw that's been laid out. If we get it together realistically the end to our season isn't too bad, get back to the form before Christmas and we'll get top 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »

Although not exactly looking forward to the Leicester game from a potential result standpoint.

Hopefully it's the same midfield/attack as the Spurs game. Firmino central is key.
    Hopefully the break from games and Klopp having time to refocus the players on what they need to do (shoutout to Henderson for this also) should set us up nicely for this game.

Some of the stories coming out about Ranieris management during the last few months should also see Leicester being really up for this game also.

I expect a cracker of a game with us barely edging it due to Leicesters getting Ranieris 'monkey' off their back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »

Unless there's injuries I can't see any good reason to change the team that battered Spurs. And it was a battering. I'm still gutted we didn't put at least 5 past them in the first half but we didn't and played the second half perfectly. We've lost games from 2-0 up from trying to score more so it was nice to see us be sensible for once.

The one thing I am worrying about is we've been very rusty after international breaks and this one has been just as long if not longer.

I honestly can't see anything other than a win on Monday. Just going in the form, we've collecting six times as many points as Leicester this colander year.

I honestly can't see anything other than a win on Monday. Just going in the form, we've collecting six times as many points as Leicester this colander year.

Yeah but we've also let a lot of points fall through the gaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think the nearly season in 13/14 may have irreperably damaged all our brains.

If you're getting fed up remember to make judicious use of the Ignore function.
    Works wonders to clear some of the clutter out of the thread.

I've mostly used it to block ****-stirrers from other fanbases but if you want to engage in some friendly fire neither I nor anyone else would judge you for it at this point.

What I'd really love to see would be some key-word based filters. Some posters are grand but it'd be nice if you could block posts of theirs which contain certain buzzwords.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement